Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? (30376 Views)

Alleged Fraud In Multi-billion Naira Firm:Forgery Scandal In CAC. / Pictures From Mike Adenuga`s Billion Naira Banana Island Estate / 5 Proven Tips To Become A Multi-millionaire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 12:30am On Sep 18, 2011
All the bullets I had to dodge.   .   .   and counting  undecided

Mrs, Chima:

I have told you many time that YOU ARE OVERLY sensitive and stop thinking just because someone respond to your comments don't take it personal.  

If pregnancy is the reason why women are overly emotional then YOU MUST BE PREGNANT because you was very emotional on the stingy thread.  

I didn't even quote you when I wrote my opinions about appearance and impressions. So I don't know why YOU took it as we are at odds. There are other chatters on the thread beside you.

I have nothing AGAINST you and I am not the only person who thought that you take things too personal. Even you admitted in an apology thread to me that you were overly sensitive.

Mrs, Chima:

You just said you agree with Lax and sensed that I was emotional.  Goodness!  Trust me we wouldn't have been in a slinging match because I have no intention on REPEATING the same thing to 22 pages like the other thread.  

And if you was comprehending anything I said on this thread you would see NOTHING I was in support of men calling women whores because they dress like whores.  I simply said in the men point of view why would a self respected woman dress like a LovePeddler?  Just because a woman isn't a LovePeddler will NOT CHANGE a man point of view of a woman if she dresses or carries herself such as .  

Then your cheerleader went on and on about emotions because I was confused on what the bleep a fat bank account has to do with a man's perception of a woman.  

But of course, you went on a tangent about something else and maybe you are still on the stingy thread and thought you [b]was [/b]talking to MBJ and co.  

I am done with this.  Redundancy time waster.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2011
LMAO@counting  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Somebody is hurting.   grin grin grin grin grin grin

LMAO@such as being counted.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Great job of sticking to the thread. lipsrsealed
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 18, 2011
Lool@Ileke-IdI are you tryna say you own me? :p

Hmm u see that babe right there? She's a vampire so beware :d :d
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 12:34am On Sep 18, 2011
REALITY101:

Lool@Ileke-IdI are you tryna say you own me? :p

Hmm u see that babe right there? She's a vampire so beware :d :d

LOL. You're not serious grin

@Post

I've never seen Nigerian ladies in any runs. My ladies keep their legs close. Foreigners, maybe.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 12:35am On Sep 18, 2011
Shy-One:

I will have to ignore her from now on because basically I am tired of it - It also knocks me off track mentally and it does become upsetting in the end - it does.

You know what - saw a hotel called Excellence - I wanted to stay there for a few days while looking for a place to stay - but when I was online looking at the rooms I was a bit disappointed.

So I was browsing through r231's profile and saw the hotels listed in his wedding album with him and his lovely wife and I was very impressed with those hotels - so I think it will be one of those - I think they are on the island.

But then I saw that Lekki got flooded and I don't want to deal with flooded areas so I might have to stay at the Excellence until I find a suitable - longer term setup.

What would you suggest?

Sister ShyOne.

Honestly I think the hotels in Lagos are way over-priced. Seriously. I am not impressed with any of them. Do you know that the sheraton hotel in ikeja is even more expensive or as much as the plaza hotel or waldorf astoria?

Pathetic!
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 12:35am On Sep 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I beg to dispute that claim. I own the hottest man alive cheesy

@Shy-One

Beware of mitofag. You're next on his insult list. The dude no get "stop" button cheesy

Exactly.  Let Shyone say something he doesn't like.  Chatters are polite until they are furious.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 18, 2011
More like attention seeking kid. Old mofo with a new screen name
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 12:39am On Sep 18, 2011
REALITY101:

More like attention seeking kid. Old mofo with a new screen name

Exactly and giving "Ignore" speeches.   undecided

Check this out, we are jobless because IT doesn't like our posts but IT hiding under a new name. Hmm.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 12:41am On Sep 18, 2011
@ Lax

Really?  just as expensive?  As the Waldorf?  I am seeing that the costs are crazy.  I wonder is it because of them being generator run - the electricity being an issue - makes EVERYTHING ASTRONOMICAL and not efficient.

You know what gave me pause for my money (meaning I didn't want to spend any money) - is that the Excellence has a name that stands for "a state of being Excellent" - but when I saw the photos - the chairs look cheap, the beds look cheap - it didn't look "Excellent" - then I saw the prices - the kind of room that you get in the U.S. that looks like those on the website of the "Excellence" Hotel - are rooms I would expect to sleep in at "Budget and Travel Lodge and Days Inn" and they want 100.00 for the cheapest room at Excellence.

I was surprised - because for a room compared to Excellence I would pay 50.00 in the U.S.

But I just was scared to say anything because I didn't want to come off as being "judgmental" or "stuck up" - IT'S JUST A FACT.  So I am still looking and am trying to work with 2 agents in Nigeria that I met on NL.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 12:43am On Sep 18, 2011
To answer Tpia's question. This thread isn't about Runny Girls any more.

Runny girls are busy making their paper.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 18, 2011
And me about to open a runs enterprises in Nigeria. .
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 12:48am On Sep 18, 2011
REALITY101:

And me about to open a runs enterprises in Nigeria. .

SMH. Let me find out you are charging for pissing videos.

Are you going to stay in Nigeria to run your runny business? Who are your targeted audience?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 12:51am On Sep 18, 2011
@ Sister Shy-one

I have told you before to speak your mind and not give a damn! Let them think you are being stuck up. Who are they but a bunch of usernames? The hotels in Lagos ARE over-priced and they capitalize on the fact that there aren't enough 5-star hotels to drive the prices down. I plan on travelling to Bangkok this fall and staying at the Lebua Hotel (where they even pick you up from the airport in a BMW 7 Series and where they filmed hangover II) and guess what? This hotel is half the price of Sheraton Hotel in Ikeja! I have stayed at the Plaza hotel and its about $100 less than the Sheraton Ikeja or some other Hotels in Naij. Please be sure to register yourself at the US Embassy (assuming you have a US passport) once you get to Naij, this way, it will be easier to prove your identity if ever your passport is stolen while staying at any of these hotels. It has happened to my brother once.

Its really pathetic.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 18, 2011
Shipping your ars to Nigeria to be my manager. All transaction/payment must be remitted to my account here in the U.S
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 1:02am On Sep 18, 2011
REALITY101:

Shipping your ars to Nigeria to be my manager. All transaction/payment must be remitted to my account here in the U.S

If I am going to be the manager, we need high class runny girls. We have to establish our branding with the right products and I will only work with top notch firms and contractors.

Health screenings and safe sex seminars will be conducted monthly. My primary focus will be the outside Johns (mainly white men) they pay more.

My salary need to reflect my abilities to make you the Black Bill Gates.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 18, 2011
Accepted. The salary part is unacceptable
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 1:10am On Sep 18, 2011
REALITY101:

Accepted. The salary part is unacceptable

Crackhead runny girls it is!
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 1:14am On Sep 18, 2011
Lax75:

@ Sister Shy-one

I have told you before to speak your mind and not give a damn! Let them think you are being stuck up. Who are they but a bunch of usernames? The hotels in Lagos ARE over-priced and they capitalize on the fact that there aren't enough 5-star hotels to drive the prices down. I plan on travelling to Bangkok this fall and staying at the Lebua Hotel (where they even pick you up from the airport in a BMW 7 Series and where they filmed hangover II) and guess what? This hotel is half the price of Sheraton Hotel in Ikeja! I have stayed at the Plaza hotel and its about $100 less than the Sheraton Ikeja or some other Hotels in Naij. Please be sure to register yourself at the US Embassy (assuming you have a US passport) once you get to Naij, this way, it will be easier to prove your identity if ever your passport is stolen while staying at any of these hotels. It has happened to my brother once.

Its really pathetic.

shocked shocked

Wow, that sounds really sweeeettt. Bangkok - quite exotic - I wish you well - you will have so much fun - I know it!! - Very beautiful place but be careful Lax.

I just got the passport about 2 weeks ago. I have spoken with a previous Ambassador who has taken my information and forwarded it to the Embassy already and I will meet with an embassy representative once I land in Lagos.

Hey can you do me a favor and take pictures of Bangkok and post those please - open a thread and post them - I love the Asian continent - how long are going to be there?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 18, 2011
Goddamn it I have been away for too damn long. . Sister sister seems to be the new trademark on NL. . tongue ;d
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 1:20am On Sep 18, 2011
@ Lax

Also I appreciate your boldness, but you are a man and it is expected from you to be just that and people appreciate and admire bold men.  As a woman on a personal side and as a woman on a business side - my approach has to be much more humble - I need to restrain myself - because I just never know who will be my next client and also if my guy and I don't work out - I could be offending someone who God might have picked out to be my next mate or inlaw or even a neighbor - I could very well move into a home and the person I offended on NL or anywhere else on my daily route could be my new neighbor.

This is a very, very small world and men have it much easier than women.  They just do - people are more understanding and more forgiving of men then they are of women.

Those that you offend today could be the very soul that you rely on tomorrow.  And that is real talk.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by MrsChima1(f): 1:23am On Sep 18, 2011
REALITY101:

Goddamn it I have been away for too damn long. . Sister sister seems to be the new trademark on NL. . tongue ;d

Nairaland is a land of fuckery.  You should know that being a NL veteran.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by mitofag: 1:25am On Sep 18, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Lax

Also I appreciate your boldness, but you are a man and it is expected from you to be just that and people appreciate and admire bold men.  As a woman on a personal side and as a woman on a business side - my approach has to be much more humble - I need to restrain myself - because I just never know who will be my next client and also if my guy and I don't work out - I could be offending someone who God might have picked out to be my next mate or inlaw or even a neighbor - I could very well move into a home and the person I offended on NL or anywhere else on my daily route could be my new neighbor.

This is a very, very small world and men have it much easier than women.  They just do - people are more understanding and more forgiving of men then they are of women.

Those that you offend today could be the very soul that you rely on tomorrow.  And that is real talk.

Forget about offending anyone on NL. Nigerians dont take stuffs like this seriously.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 1:28am On Sep 18, 2011
@ Sister Shyone

Thanx. Trust me I've heard about "Bangkok" and only customers of hookers should be worried about ending up with a tran. Not Lax. I'm way too much of a paranoid and cautious guy.

Was able to get a first class ticket for less than $500 grin thnx to a high profile buddy pass and will be staying for about a week. Will see about posting a thread in the travel section. Have a friend who was in Bangkok not too long ago and you should see the custom made suit he got for $160 (including cashmere wool material and labor). You lot should look at the east for business opportunities (Especially China and Thailand)

I'm glad that you have made arrangements with the US embassy in Lagos. Smart move!! How many hotels have you looked at in Lagos? Thing is, there aren't that many to choose from if you want a comfortable stay.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 1:31am On Sep 18, 2011
mitofag:

Forget about offending anyone on NL. Nigerians dont take stuffs like this seriously.

You know what, the wind is really leaving my sails - really it is.  I just read an email from my guy - he said that if we get married on the beach - it could be seen as "demonic" in his environment.

Am I in over my head?  Everything seems so different.  What I see as serious, is seen as "not serious" - what I see as romantic is seen "as demonic" - lolololololol

I must be fooling myself here.  But I am going to still go and see what it is like - this place called Nigeria
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 1:36am On Sep 18, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Lax

Sister Shyone.

I will tell you a thing or two about Lax, if you are comfy wth sending your email addy. It might help you not only in your ventures in Naij, but in life as a whole.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 1:40am On Sep 18, 2011
Lax75:

@ Sister Shyone

Thanx. Trust me I've heard about "Bangkok" and o[b]nly customers of hookers should be worried about ending up with a tran. Not Lax. I'm way too much of a paranoid and cautious guy.[/b]

Was able to get a first class ticket for less than $500 grin thnx to a high profile buddy pass and will be staying for about a week. Will see about posting a thread in the travel section. Have a friend who was in Bangkok not too long ago and you should see the custom made suit he got for $160 (including cashmere wool material and labor). You lot should look at the east for business opportunities (Especially China and Thailand)

I'm glad that you have made arrangements with the US embassy in Lagos. Smart move!! How many hotels have you looked at in Lagos? Thing is, there aren't that many to choose from if you want a comfortable stay.

why did you mention hookers in your thought you typed above?  please clue me in as to where that belongs in the conversation?  I like to see how people think so I can learn them as a person.

500.00 round trip?  you are kidding me - first class?  How did you do that?  I am sooo jealous - FIRST CLASS?  Tailor-made for 160.00? You can't even buy it off the rack for that amount.  Why don't you look around for some business opportunities in the East and post a list for us - I would be very, very interested.  (Have money can travel)

Chima told me to get planted with the Embassy as did one of my "clients of significance" who is lifelong friends with the previous Ambassador Carrington. So I grabbed the referral.  How far is Ikeja from the Omole area of Lagos?

I love Asian music - the arrangements they put together are so exotic and so calming and so smooth - I love the flow - if you hear any music that is of note - send it my way, would you?
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 1:47am On Sep 18, 2011
Shy-One:

why did you mention hookers in your thought you typed above?  please clue me in as to where that belongs in the conversation?  I like to see how people think so I can learn them as a person.

500.00 round trip?  you are kidding me - first class?  How did you do that?  I am sooo jealous - FIRST CLASS?  Tailor-made for 160.00? You can't even buy it off the rack for that amount.  Why don't you look around for some business opportunities in the East and post a list for us - I would be very, very interested.  (Have money can travel)

Chima told me to get planted with the Embassy as did one of my "clients of significance" who is lifelong friends with the previous Ambassador Carrington. So I grabbed the referral.  How far is Ikeja from the Omole area of Lagos?

I love Asian music - the arrangements they put together are so exotic and so calming and so smooth - I love the flow - if you hear any music that is of note - send it my way, would you?

Oh you never heard about Bangkok and it being the transvestite hub of the world? You see, some of these dudes who just jump into bed with anything that wears a skirt will get themselves into the wrong kinda trouble in a place like Bangkok.

Lax is waaayyyy too paranoid to even fool with all that foolishness (hookers). Plus AIDS is REAL

I do have a picture of the suit that my friend got made for him for that price. Off the chain! Lots of business opportunities in the east. My business interest is residential construction. There is a huge opportunity for that in Nigeria
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Konjour(m): 1:48am On Sep 18, 2011
Multi-billion industry?  grin embarassed undecided lipsrsealed Hmmmm, seems having just one steady,devoted chic was actually worth it (for me afterall),

No need(AT ALL) to patronize RUNS and burn up cash paying directly or indirectly for some lil' tender loving. How sweeeet!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 1:54am On Sep 18, 2011
Lax75:

Sister Shyone.

I will tell you a thing or two about Lax, if you are comfy wth sending your email addy. It might help you not only in your ventures in Naij, but in life as a whole.

My email is posted on my profile - I have no secrets.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by ShyOne(f): 1:58am On Sep 18, 2011
Lax75:

Oh you never heard about Bangkok and it being the transvestite hub of the world? You see, some of these dudes who just jump into bed with anything that wears a skirt will get themselves into the wrong kinda trouble in a place like Bangkok.

Lax is waaayyyy too paranoid to even fool with all that foolishness (hookers). Plus AIDS is REAL

I do have a picture of the suit that my friend got made for him for that price. Off the chain! Lots of business opportunities in the east. My business interest is residential construction. There is a huge opportunity for that in Nigeria

I would love to see the picture - Transvetite hub?   embarassed embarassed

Absolutely not - I have never heard of that before.  I think about romantic themes and exotic visuals when I hear or think Bangkok.  How long is the air flight?  Residential Construction?  You are into that?  Do you mind me asking what you do in that area?  Are you also going to do that when you go to Nigeria or are you active in that field in Nigeria as well as the states?

I am intrigued to know more.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by tpia5: 2:17am On Sep 18, 2011
Hmm eve tho REALITY101 does not insult Nigerian girls, I might be wrong

yes, you're wrong.

he's pathological in his insults.
Re: 'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? by Lax75(m): 2:21am On Sep 18, 2011
@ ShyOne

Sister Shy!

Sent you an email.

Was a technical engineer when I served in the US Army. Most of the responsibilities and skills learned were transferable to a civilian component. A flight to Bangkok would be about 17 hours. Don't quote me if that factors in the layover. But here's the link to the hotel

http://www.lebua.com/en/lebua-at-state-tower/hotel-images/

Good place for a honeymoon  wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oyin Jolayemi Biography Of The CEO Of Daily Need Group / How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.