Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? (6341 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by marcmuzman: 2:39am On Sep 17, 2011
Expirences With Customs At Lagos Airport

Hey,

I am coming to Nigeria for vacation in a couple of days,  I am American and my Ghananian friends tell me too much bizarre stories about Lagos Airport customs,  Please tell me if I need the following :

[list]
[li] The Yellow Fever Vaccine  and the certificate
[/li] Money for bribes
[li] Naira in hand because I heard they want to take foreign currency like its illegal
[/li]
[/list]
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by noblegas2(m): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2011
Most definately, they will ask you for the Yellow fever vaccination certificate. Just show them and keep a straight face, don't laugh with them too much and refuse to give them $1. If they ask you what you have brought for them, tell them blessings from God!

1 Like

Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by igbogolo: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2011
Ga.ynanians telling you bizarre stories about Lagos and you believe those dumb fecccekks? if you carry too much you most def would be stopped. if they ask for bribe do not buldge. if they try to intimidate you, POLITELY stand your ground. smile but refuse too compromise. thats all i can say to you.

i have passed customs in lagos many times with big bags but surprisingly was not searched or stopped. its only once that a very crazy woman put her hands into my duty free bag ( i was coming from dubai) and took a chocolate bar and refused to hand it back. so pack your stuffs well into your bag and do not flash duty free bags  filled with goodies before them lol.

and btw, i hate those man-lover-nanian scumbags who always have negative things to say about Nigeria. bunch of jealous haters thoe mooofuckers are, hiss!
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by claremont(m): 10:55am On Sep 17, 2011
marcmuzman:

Hey,

I am coming to Nigeria for vacation in a couple of days,  I am American and my Ghananian friends tell me too much bizarre stories about Lagos Airport customs,  Please tell me if I need the following :

[list]
[/li] [size=13pt]Money for bribes[/size]
[li] Naira in hand because I heard they want to take foreign currency like its illegal
[/li]
[/list]
Do NOT give bribes to anyone. Nigeria is a country currently tackling corruption, and you are talking about giving bribes, what for?! Can I bribe my way into America?!
What you don't do in your own country, kindly do NOT do it in our country. Enjoy your stay!

3 Likes

Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by marcmuzman: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2011
Thanks People,

igbogolo:

Ga.ynanians telling you bizarre stories about Lagos and you believe those dumb fecccekks?

This is why I had to turn to Nairaland to get my own sources and compare, Thanks though lol

noble_gas1 link=topic=761839.msg9164132#msg9164132 date=1316251097:

Most definitely, they will ask you for the Yellow fever vaccination certificate. Just show them and keep a straight face, don't laugh with them too much and refuse to give them $1. If they ask you what you have brought for them, tell them blessings from God!

Oh yes I and my friend will keep a straight face and would dress modestly , My response will be "The same peace, love and blessings from up above that was given to me" with a stern face.

Now I have to go get my vaccination asap !!

Thanks people smiley
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by N101: 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
marcmuzman:

Hey,

[list]
[/li] Money for bribes
[/li]
[/list]

You do not have to pay a bribe.  Because it is Nigeria it is not compulsory.

Only show your Yellow Fever certificate if asked for it. Mine has always been stapled in my passport so it's never an issue - might be an option.

You don't need Naira in hand - there are places in the airport to change currency.  Only if you're brave change it via the money changers outside - you may get a better rate but you could also be ripped off. I've seen it happen. I only carry enough to get a trolley (normally N200, but if you have $2, £2 or 2 Euros they will take it) and change money in the airport.

Nigeria is not that traumatising.  Enjoy your trip.
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by FEMARY(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2011
Safe trip.No anxiety,relax bros.

Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by VoodooDoll(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2011
Don't use the escalator,

repeat

Don't use the escalator.

Other than that bring a lot of patience, a smile, a good attitude and your wits.

HAVE FUN!
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by owobokiri(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2011
OP must be one of those busybody Ghanaians we rightly sent packing some years back with their GMG bags. Talkative. Nobody is coming to 9ja for any holidays. He is just trying to remind us that our custom official sabi emberass themselves at the airports. Ghana with her 10,000 strong men in uniform no go keep quiet till Nigeria do una the same thing Iraq did to Kuwait. short people and their nyaka-nyaka head.
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by N101: 11:32am On Sep 18, 2011
owobokiri:

OP must be one of those busybody Ghanaians we rightly sent packing some years back with their GMG bags. Talkative. Nobody is coming to 9ja for any holidays. He is just trying to remind us that our custom official sabi emberass themselves at the airports. Ghana with her 10,000 strong men in uniform no go keep quiet till Nigeria do una the same thing Iraq did to Kuwait. short people and their nyaka-nyaka head.

Hate to disappoint you but they do. They're other Nigerians tongue
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by dabrake(m): 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
marcmuzman:

Hey,

I am coming to Nigeria for vacation in a couple of days,  I am American and my [s[Ghananian[s/] planet-of-the-apes friends tell me too much bizarre stories about Lagos Airport customs,  Please tell me if I need the following :

[list]
[/li] Money for bribes
[/li]
[/list]
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by dabrake(m): 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
marcmuzman:

Hey,

I am coming to Nigeria for vacation in a couple of days,  I am American and my Ghananian planet-of-the-apes friends tell me too much bizarre stories about Lagos Airport customs,  Please tell me if I need the following :

[list]
[/li] Money for bribes
[/li]
[/list]
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 18, 2011
marcmuzman:

Hey,

I am coming to Nigeria for vacation in a couple of days,  I am American and my Ghananian friends tell me[b] too much[/b] bizarre stories about Lagos Airport customs,  Please tell me if I need the following :

[list]
[/li] Money for bribes
[/li]
[/list]

must be a wanke eating troll - far too many typos and who comes to nigeria on VACATION?

1 Like

Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by fm7070: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2011
it is not the duty of customs officer to ask for yellow paper.
That is the duty of health officers.

1 Like

Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by manny4life(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2011
oyb:

must be a wanke eating troll - far too many typos and who comes to nigeria on VACATION?

Just because you cannot afford to spend money and go to Nigeria for vacation doesn't mean others DON'T. Besides, what is vacation? So it's ok to travel abroad for a week or two vacation but then it's a taboo to travel to Nigeria and have a good time with family, please save the crap

1 Like

Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by goodguy22: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2011
@igbogolo
i hate those man-lover-nanian scumbags who always have negative things to say about Nigeria. bunch of jealous haters thoe mooofuckers are

REALLY LOVE YOUR COMMENT QUOTED ABOVE
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2011
manny4life:

Just because you cannot afford to spend money and go to Nigeria for vacation doesn't mean others DON'T. Besides, what is vacation? So it's ok to travel abroad for a week or two vacation but then it's a taboo to travel to Nigeria and have a good time with family, please save the crap

stop being dumb - an american coming to nigeria on vacation? not on official business? puhleeeze
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by manny4life(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2011
oyb:

stop being dumb - an american coming to nigeria on vacation? not on official business? puhleeeze

Obviously you can see how you're displaying your smartness, SMARTIE shocked shocked shocked

Americans don't travel to African nations again for holiday right? You see, one more reasons why I cannot converse with you; one of the millions why people like you are SHALLOW MINDED. Vacation is what you define it; call it holiday, time off, sight seeing, whatever rocks your boat. Poor Nigerians like you view that Nigeria is ONLY meant for official business, Please, knock that s/h/i/t off.
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by DrKnow1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2011
The poster is a dumb Ghananian
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by cecegorz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
@OP
Please to avoid being fleeced of your forex. Do not patronize mobile currency changers @ the airport.
FIRSTBANK has a forex ATM at the arrival lounge. Just feed in your forex and it will give you crisp naira equivalent at the official Central Bank rate.
Enjoy Nigeria's Unique hospitality!
Make sure your hosts take you to the National stadium to enjoy Isiewu at the Ojays restaurant. #winks#
Re: Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? by MMM2(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2011
condom angry

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Ghana / In 1999, Two Men Crossed The Atlantic Ocean In Floating Cars, Spent 119Days(Pic) / What Is The Best Hotel In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.