Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

How Do I Get Over This Job Loss - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Get Over This Job Loss (19143 Views)

Job Loss / How To Insure Your Salary Against Job Loss / Job Loss, Unemployment Rate Reached 23.1% In June — Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Belawy(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2023
Folks it's being over a month now that I lost my job due to little excuse. I was asked to tender my resignation letter because I went for prayer .

This is really tearing me apart and is eating me every day because I'm afraid of the Impact of this job loss on my family. I am steadily entering depression.

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 21, 2023
Join the army

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Mastakija(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2023
My friend has a job offer
At ikeja lagos
A computer literate though

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2023
welcome to the gang feel what we have been feeling for years

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by LagosG: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2023
Pele. If everyone left their post to go and pray anytime they wished, would the organization function? Even Aso Rock that has a chapel and mosque have those spaces closed and only opened at the appropriate time. If you're Muslim and have to pray 5 times daily, I advise you adjust.

This should inspire you to embrace entrepreneurship where only you can sack yourself. If you become an employee again tomorrow, next tomorrow, they can fire your silly ass again.

Good luck

179 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by usecondom(m): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2023
Continue praying

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Saladdin: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2023
So sorry about the loss @Belway. Many of us have experienced it at one point or the other. It'll be appreciated if you give more details as to what happened.

Quick one;
Is it a one-man business?
Is it heavily colored tribe or religious-wise?
Is Office politics very rife there?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by dotun4luv(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2023
Pick up your passion and start a YouTube channel on it. It only needs 6 months of commitment and you will forget where you started from.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Reelmii: 11:30am On Mar 21, 2023
U will be fine

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by dadebayo1(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2023
All will be fine. Tidy up your CV and start job hunting with experience gained you should easily land another job. All the best

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by fupohed(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2023
We've all lost one job or the other in life......but guess what? Life goes on, infact we ended up getting a better one. so no need to drive yourself into depression.

23 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by ENIGMA11(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2023
Graciously look for another

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by meum: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2023
Start a small business with the little you have

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 21, 2023
You didn't tell the whole story, you told the part that buys you sympathy.

How often have you been leaving your job to go for prayer?

You allowed your faith to come in between your job?

You have the weekend to go to prayers all you want, but not skipping job to go pray.

Good luck with another job , but separate your job from prayer activity during the week.

God works and only rested after he was done.

Jesus go about working the business of his father but only returns to prayer after the day's work.

Wishing you a better opportunity but keep it with a good work ethic

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by iykofias(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:
Folks it's being over a month now that I lost my job due to little excuse. I was asked to tender my resignation letter because I went for prayer .

This is really tearing me apart and is eating me every day because I'm afraid of the Impact of this job loss on my family. I am steadily entering depression.
The only way to get over a job loss is to get a new one

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by chenny360(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2023
Hello there... losing a job is not losing once life.. bigger hopes and opportunities await you... okay think over this... what if you're no more .. move for better available options...

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by david22uu(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2023
pray for another job

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Darnell9(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
I don't know what to say you are now at the mercy of God
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Maxcollins042(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Stay strong. Adversity tests the character of man; we are moulded through it. I pray that you find another job soon.

This should also be an eye-opener about the importance of investing in assets to generate multiple streams of income for you. I hope you have realized and start working towards.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by doneback04: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

Even the bible said it that there is time for everything so should not joke with your work because of prayers
instead you should player and plan your prayer life outside your work premises,
if I was the one who employees you and you come to my office and read bible I will sack you
because office is not the right place to do that when you go home you can read your Bible when you come to work you do office work

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Pvin: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
Stay calm and look for the light.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by ecolime(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
You lost your job because you went for prayers? Friday muslim prayers or you abandoned your job and went to the mountain for days ? Which one?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Jennyclay(f): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2023
This is why I will always choose ALREADY MADE man over a STRUGGLING BROKE man.

Now, how will this man take good care of his wife and children? Nawa o undecided

May God Help you struggling men oo

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by gigabyte13: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2023
Even if it is teaching Job, evening lesson or house teacher, get something doing bro...
It may not pay you, the desired pay but
It will keep your mind and soul busy bro.
Just get productively busy and avoid mourning and Wailing.....
You will soon stand tall again soon
All the best bro

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by Bribri: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2023
Just keep applying. It also will pass. Those with job sef na God hand we dey.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by xpresseeve: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2023
Belawy:

There is a time for everything.

Don't deliberately fall into depression. Getting out can be very difficult.

If you are in Lagos send your update CV to urbanesearch@gmail.com.
She may be inclined find something for you to do while waiting for something wonderful.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2023
May God helps you
Re: How Do I Get Over This Job Loss by iHart(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2023
Imagine my driver telling me he went to charge phone. Phone he can easily charge in the vehicle when he is going to deliver an order. Due that flimsy excuse, I lost an order. I sacked the guy. Someone will have sleepless nights to run a business and you think you can come and misbehave in the job.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-power: Update On Device Selection / United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Npower Second Batch List Of Successful Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.