Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! (4062 Views)

Why You Prefer Foreign Music And Genre To 9ja Afro-pop... / School Of Rock - History And Genre Thread / What Is Your Favorite Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Don4life: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2011
I want you to tell me what kind of music you listen to. What songs are special to you and do you have a favorite genre?

Tell me a bit about the music you like and if you see somebody with the same taste, approach them. Have a conversation because that's why there's a Music Forum. To bring people together
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by amblors(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2011
hmmm!
you for lead by example na.
why do thread starters always do this.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Don4life: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2011
Song: At the moment, "I Was Born on a Pirate Ship!" (holdyourtounge) by Dillinger Four, but that's likely to change.

Band: Toss up between The Clash, Bad Religion, and Social Distortion.

Genre: Rock 'n roll.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by MrGlobe(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
Genre: Hip Hop America!!! a lil bit of R&B and a mix of nice country and pop
Song: Any good song coming from it.
Artist: The artist that owns the song
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by ImaIma1(f): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
right now i can hardly choose but fav song- jar of hearts by christina Peri, need you now by lady antebellum.fav band- i dont know.fav genre-rock grin
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
c
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by shadrach77: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
gongo aso - 9ice
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
y
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by iice(f): 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
Will listen to almost anything. Not a fan of techno/trans music though.
So no favorite song or Band.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by irokoman: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2011
Its got to be"swinging by Bert Kaempfert"
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by eghost247(m): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
any good music
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
speed of sound by coldplay
nil
rock/pop (dont know what hiphop is these days)
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2011
I don't have a favorite band or song as I listen to music
and love so much it's hard to just pick one!
but my favorite genres are dancehall & reggae. smiley
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by mbulela: 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
it depends on my mood.Presently,

Genre: South African Jazz
Song: MOUNTAIN SHADE by Moses Molelekwa
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by BabaEleko(m): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2011
Song - Papoose - I'mma hold it down
Band - Seun kuti's egypt
Genre - HIP HIP HIP HOP HOP HOP
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 14, 2011
My favourite changes over time

No particular band - The Roots maybe ?

Blurred genre taste with alternative hip hop ranking as my favourite
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by asoebi(m): 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
All of the light Kanye west ft lil wayne
Drop the world Lil wayne ft eminem
Welcome to my hood Dj khaled ft lil waynw, Rick ross, Plies
And any other r&b, hip hop, rock provided lil wayne is featured cos i like him with a passion.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by freecocoa(f): 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2011
I'm a lover of music,I listen to any good one but I have three genre of music that tops my list.
Rock
Rhythm and blues
Country side.

For country side I love Don williams,kenny Rogers,Mcdill amongst others.
For RnB,I love brandy,jlo etc(its hard to name all)
Rock is my favorite of all,this genre have many good artistes but I'm in love with the following.
Linkin park
Chris cornell
Chris daughtry
Avril lavinge
Gavin degraw
Vanessa calton
Pink

My bands
Boys like girls
Thirteen senses
One republic
Three doors down
The corrs
Ryan shupe & the rubberband miscellaneous
The fray
But I'm crazy about COLDPLAY and their songs especially viva la vida,Talk,clocks,every tear is a waterfall and speed of sound.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by tardell007(m): 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
maroon 5,moves like jagger!
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by MeGaStReEt: 7:35pm On Oct 14, 2011
Song - - - God Guide me
Artiste - - Terry G
Genre - - Noice Makers
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by KakiP(m): 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
Favorite genres:
1.Hip Hop
2.Reggae/ Dancehall
3.Electronic/Dance/House/Trance
4.Soul/Funk (Oldies)

Bands/Artist:
1.Kanye West/Mc Lyte/Jay-Z,
2.Cocoa Tea/Busy Signal/Gyptian/Burning Spear
3.Pitbull/Deadmau5/David Guetta/Alexandra Stan/Inna etc
4.Atlantic Starr/Cameo/Color Me Badd/Marcia Griffiths

Songs:
Any music from the above mentioned will do, anytime.

ALSO:9ja Music Anyday.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by skyranger: 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2011
Rock is my favorite of all,this genre have many good artistes but I'm in love with the following.
Linkin park
Chris cornell
Chris daughtry 
Avril lavinge
Gavin degraw
Vanessa calton
Pink

My bands
Boys like girls
Thirteen senses
One republic
Three doors down
The corrs
The fray
    But I'm crazy about COLDPLAY and their songs especially viva la vida,Talk,clocks,every tear is a waterfall and speed of sound.
seriously, we should be 2gthr, like you extracted this list from my private collection, there's a guy; Joshua Radin he did some of the hit sound tracks for grey's anatomy, scrubs, etc, he doesn't sing for radio, like he's talking to you when he sings, u either listen or sing along, maybe relate it to sum1 very special, was the selcted performer at ellen degenres lesbian wedding when most artist offered to perform for free, she called upon him, this dude is amazingly outstanding , u'll love him, Also, try Snow patrol, The Script, Heather Nova, Nora Jones, these are some greats u'll enjoy in your private or shared moments .
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by MrResource(m): 8:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
Genre: ROCK!!!
Fav bandS:
Rise Against
Shinedown
Daughtry
Breaking Benjamin
Staind
Nickelback
3 Doors Down
3 Days Grace
Lifehouse
Skillet
Creed
Hinder and
All American Rejects.

Genre: Coupé Decalé (coupé bas coupé haut-Decalé Chinois)
Artists:
Dj Arafat,Resource ,Caloudji et Arsenal.
Doug Saga
Lino Versace
Boro Sangui et
Solo Beton .
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by harpo(m): 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2011
i listen to alot of songs, one song that is killing me now is
Keane - somewhere only you
If u ar a rock(soft) and u dont know this song look for it and listen, twill make u feel good
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Gbenge77(m): 8:23pm On Oct 14, 2011
Don williams.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
FAVOURITE:
Genre; RnB
Band/group;Boyz II Men
Songs;Dream,bended knee,doin fine,color of love,end of d road etc,
I'm an ardent fan of ds guys!
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
skyranger:

seriously, we should be 2gthr, like you extracted this list from my private collection, there's a guy; Joshua Radin he did some of the hit sound tracks for grey's anatomy, scrubs, etc, he doesn't sing for radio, like he's talking to you when he sings, u either listen or sing along, maybe relate it to sum1 very special, was the selcted performer at ellen degenres lady-loving-lady wedding when most artist offered to perform for free, she called upon him, this dude is amazingly outstanding , u'll love him, Also, try Snow patrol, The Script, Heather Nova, Nora Jones, these are some greats u'll enjoy in your private or shared moments .
same page with u mate. The train, lenny kravitz,taylor swift, vanessa carlton, dixie chick, natalie imbruglia(my bestest rock act), jewel, blink 182, cranberries, bon jovi(crazy about 'bed of roses'), shania twain, james blunt, goo goo dolls, avril lavigne, sarah evans, savage gardens, etc. I love rock.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 14, 2011
@skyranger, where can i get joshua radin? Why on earth did i forget creed, 3 doors down, linkin park, daughtry.
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2011
Favourite song at the moment: 123
Artists: DJ Neptune, M.I, Naeto C and Dagrin
Genre: Naija Hip-Hop
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2011
freecocoa:

I'm a lover of music,I listen to any good one but I have three genre of music that tops my list.
Rock
Rhythm and blues
Country side.

Linkin park
Chris cornell
Chris daughtry
Avril lavinge
Gavin degraw
Vanessa calton
Pink

My bands
Boys like girls
Thirteen senses
One republic
Three doors down
The corrs
The fray

We share the exact same taste in music, I mean, EXACT!! That's awesome, finally "seen" someone who loves the same kind of music I do. smiley COOL!!
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by Tolulop001(f): 10:14pm On Oct 14, 2011
my genre changes with my mood,

currently, Aswad the british reggea group from the 80s ( i always feel the need to expatiate cuz most people havnt heard of them )

im in a reggae frame of mind smiley

Erykah Badu remains a staple for me, following her music from the 90s and watching it evolve over time has been amazing

Also, our own Bez Idakula!

Keziah Jones kiss kiss kiss

Too many . . . ok i'll stop now
Re: Tell Us What Your Favorite Song, Band And Genre Are! by freecocoa(f): 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
naijasexy:

We share the exact same taste in music, I mean, EXACT!! That's awesome, finally "seen" someone who loves the same kind of music I do. smiley COOL!!
Wow that's great,I just love music,maybe we can start a band of ours someday,lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banky W – Heaven (mp3 Download) / Album. Download Joyner Lucas ADHD Full 2020 / Was Faze Truly Signed On To Konvict Music? – Akon Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.