Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? (6222 Views)

Is This An Insult Or What?! / Is A Woman An Asset Or A Liability....please I Need Answers Picx / Is This An Insult OR An Honourable Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2011
Men sometimes refer to their partners as "investments", understandably because of the amount of time, money and material they spend in maintaining their woman.

This has sometimes led to some men tagging their women as an asset.

Ladies, what do you think? do you find this offensive or disrespectful in anyway?

Considering that you are human like men too, is it fair to be tagged an "asset"?

Let me know your opinion on this one.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Dyt(f): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2011
Erm uncle Segz
u nid clearify
s it Fixed or Current Assests
bsyds i ll nt want b a Liability sha
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MMM2(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2011
op

nope

ladies re lair ability angry

dey re just like cars, so dats why u change dem after some months of usage  wink  
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by pendo89(f): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2011
Depends.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Dyt(f): 10:27am On Sep 19, 2011
Omo
u go fear Gurus na
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2011
Dyt:

Erm uncle Segz
u nid clearify
s it Fixed or Current Assests
bsyds i ll nt want b a Liability sha

all of the above grin cheesy

M M M:

op

nope

ladies re lair ability angry

dey re just like cars, so dats why u change dem after some months of usage  wink  

Lol

some not all
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2011
first let me just say that NOT all woman are equal.
"some" can be assets to a marriage, just as much as the husband will be an asset to the same marriage.
thinking that all woman are assets, when "some" clearly have nothing to contribute to the union, IS the reason why most fail!

now i would certainly understand a man who spends thousands on someone's education (in the hope that she better herself as a future wife) as an investment. just like i would understand a man who spends lavishly on a woman to buy woo her (for possible marriage) as an investment.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Pweety4me(f): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2011
A guy friend once called me a "creature" i warned him never to try it again.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2011
Some men think that if they are paying a bride price they are investing in a business.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^^^there you go talking about what you dont knw again

btw this dont have nothing to do with bride price

talking about before marriage
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Pweety4me(f): 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^Won ba yin wi tongue
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^^^madam stranger

ba wo ni

o to jo meta
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
you are sick. . . . confirmed  undecided undecided
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrCork17: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

you are sick. . . . confirmed  undecided undecided

ok then. so are u somebodys asset? undecided
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mr, Cork:

ok then. so are u somebodys asset? undecided

Yea. . . . . my wife's

NEXTTTTT
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Pweety4me(f): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

^^^^madam stranger

ba wo ni

o to jo meta
Eyi gan gan ni stranger, cuz i always holla

Mo wa alrite, eyin ko? iawyo ati omo?
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Goldieluks: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2011
I think those sort of men/women are the gold diggers,hence they refer to their partners as 'assets or investments'
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

they her fine jare

its her birthday tomorrow and she is milking me dry

mine is on Wed as well grin grin
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrCork17: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

Pweety4me WILL U SPEK ENGLISH. GADEMMMIT!! angry
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

^^^^there you go talking about what you dont knw again

btw this dont have nothing to do with bride price

talking about before marriage

I can say the same for you.  Look up the definition of partners.  Partners in relationships can be unmarried or married.  

Some men think if they are paying bride price they are investing in a business.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I can say the same for you.  Look up the definition of partners.  Partners in relationships can be unmarried or married.  

Some men think if they are paying bride price they are investing in a business.  

OK

well again i am not talking about bride price
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
Goldieluks:

I think those sort of men/women are the gold diggers,hence they refer to their partners as 'assets or investments'

True and treat their partners like investments.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

OK

well again i am not talking about bride price

Well again I am talking about the men that think paying a bride price is an investment.  Let me add dowries, gifts, contracts, and bids before you start crying.  tongue
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Goldieluks: 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2011
Investing in a business or they act like they own a property(the women) already?
Bride price is not expensive,except maybe the igbo tradition,but in that case of investment,maybe when a
not well to do man is married to a rich girl,then you might be right on that Chima.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Well again I am talking about the men that think paying a bride price is an investment.

you need to open another thread for that

Goldieluks:

Investing in a business or they act like they own a property(the women) already?
Bride price is not expensive,except maybe the igbo tradition,but in that case of investment,maybe when a
not well to do man is married to a rich girl,then you might be right on that Chima.

thank you jare

btw how was ur day
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrCork17: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mrs Chima. Can I invest £22 on you?  Cash!! wink
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Pweety4me(f): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

they her fine jare

its her birthday tomorrow and she is milking me dry

mine is on Wed as well grin grin
Her buffday ke? swear it was her buffday d last time?
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2011
r231:

you need to open another thread for that

thank you jare

btw how was your day

I don't need to open another thread to speak about investments.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Mrs Chima. Can I invest £22 on you?  Cash!! wink

You can invest my nuts in your mouth and choke on it. cheesy
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by r231(m): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
Pweety4me:

Her buffday ke? swear it was her buffday d last time?

Birthday omo mi cheesy

Mrs, Chima:

I don't need to open another thread to speak about investments.  

ok den

well bride price is not an investment

you cant even eat breakfast with dat
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by Goldieluks: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You can invest my nuts in your mouth and choke on it. cheesy

i wish he can actually choke on it for real.
Re: Is Calling A Woman "An Asset" An Insult Or An Appreciation? by MrsChima1(f): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2011
Goldieluks:

Are you sure about bride prices not being too high unless you Igbo?  r231 is not IGBO and he said N200,000 was too small.   undecided undecided

Let me remove bride price and insert "gifts" because I don't want nobody to start crying.  

Is a gift an investment, r231?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Guys Is This Fair?(+pics) / Where Did You Meet Your Partner? (see Photo) / Please Help Me! I Think I'm Getting Attracted To Bad boys (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.