Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos (13264 Views)

Drug Suspect Breaks Through Glass Wall To Evade Arrest At Abuja Airport / FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) / Armed Robbery Suspect Arrested On Wedding Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by SouthEast1: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2011
How UK Most Wanted Drug Suspect Slipped Into Nigeria, Was ArrestedBy NDLEA Chief

By Wole Shadare

THE National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) yesterday gave an account of how it apprehended one of Lancashire's most wanted suspects in Lagos on Tuesday.

How UK Most Wanted Drug Suspect Slipped Into Nigeria, Was ArrestedBy NDLEA Chief

advertisement

The suspected fugitive, Kindreck Dion Lee, who is wanted in the United Kingdom (UK) in connection with firearms and drugs offences, was arrested by officers of the Joint Task Force (JTF) of the NDLEA after intense manhunt for him.

A Nigerian international passport bearing his photograph with the name Olusegun Babajide was found on him at the time of arrest.

The NDLEA disclosed that the UK and Nigerian authorities have been working closely on how to track down the suspect.

Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, while confirming the arrest, stated that the suspect is in safe custody.

"The NDLEA has a statutory mandate to partner with other countries and international organisations in the global fight against illicit drugs. We shall continue to partner with all stakeholders and halt the trade in narcotics as the country is not a safe haven for drug barons," he stated.

The commander of the Task Force, Sunday Zirangey, who coordinated the operations, stated that preliminary investigation has commenced and additional information was being gathered and processed.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/sep/18/1.html
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by SouthEast1: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2011
Nigeria's Drug Law Enforcement Agents Nab UK Fugitive, Kindreck Dion Lee
Posted: September 16, 2011 - 19:42
Interpol photo of Kindreck Dion Lee
By SaharaReporters, New York

A UK fugitive who has been on the most wanted list of the Interpol since 2008 was arrested on Tuesday by agents of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) in Lagos.

The NDLEA stated in a press statement that the Kindreck Dion Lee, who had been wanted in the United Kingdom in connection with firearms and drugs offences in Lancashire was arrested by officers of the Joint Task Force (JTF) of the NDLEA after intense manhunt.

During Kindrek's arrest, a false Nigerian passport was found on him, he was in possession of a Nigerian international passport bearing his photograph with a Nigerian name "Olusegun Babajide". Kindrek, 34, is currently in NDLEA's custody in Lagos, Nigeria.

FULL TEXT OF NDLEA'S PRESS RELEASE: HOW NDLEA ARRESTED UK MOST WANTED DRUG SUSPECT
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has given an account of how it apprehended one of Lancashire's most wanted suspects in Lagos on Tuesday September 13, 2011. The suspected fugitive Kindreck Dion Lee who is wanted in the United Kingdom in connection with firearms and drugs offences was arrested by officers of the Joint Task Force (JTF) of the NDLEA after intense manhunt for him by the Agency. A Nigerian international passport bearing his photograph with the name Olusegun Babajide was found on him at the time of arrest. The NDLEA disclosed that the United Kingdom and Nigerian authorities have been working closely on how to track-down the suspect.

Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA Ahmadu Giade while confirming the arrest stated that the suspect is in safe custody. According to Giade, “the Agency successfully apprehended the suspect following scrupulous surveillance by anti-narcotic operatives. He was arrested in Lagos and he is in safe custody. The NDLEA has a statutory mandate to partner with other countries and international organisations in the global fight against illicit drugs. We shall continue to partner with all stakeholders and halt the trade in narcotics as the country is not a safe haven for drug barons”.

The commander of the JTF, Mr. Sunday Zirangey who coordinated the operations stated that preliminary investigation has commenced and additional information is being gathered and processed. “More information is being gathered and processed on the arrest” Zirangey stated.
The Lancashire Constabulary police stated that the suspect, Dion Lee, 34, who is originally from the Lancaster area, is wanted by the Operation Greengage Team for his alleged involvement in the importation of cocaine, cannabis, firearms and ammunition into the United Kingdom from Amsterdam. It added that a European arrest warrant was granted in May 2008 because it was believed that he had links with the Netherlands.

There are strong indications that the suspect who hails from Ikorodu area of Lagos State South West Nigeria will soon be extradited to face criminal charges in the United Kingdom.

Ofoyeju Mitchell
Head, Public Affairs

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerias-drug-law-enforcement-agents-nab-uk-fugitive-kindreck-dion-lee

Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by SouthEast1: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2011
Kindreck Dion Lee ko, Kindred didirinleeko ni. Oju wo lo fe gba? Omo naija buru ni yen jare. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
It is interesting to note that he has been caught like a rat.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
so west indians criminals now run to Nigeria to hide with 9ja passports? kai!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by SouthEast1: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

so west indians criminals now run to Nigeria to hide with 9ja passports? kai!!!!!!!

So you believe he is not Nigerian? You will believe anything if so.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by SouthEast1: 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

There are strong indications that the suspect who hails from Ikorodu area of Lagos State South West Nigeria will soon be extradited to face criminal charges in the United Kingdom.

Ofoyeju Mitchell
Head, Public Affairs
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^^bro, are you saying that anyone with a Nigerian passport is automatically Nigerian?! do you know how EASY it is to get a Nigerian passport? any criminal can get one for less than 1000pounds.
get real!!!!
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Xfactoria: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2011
The guy looks Jamo to me!!!

I'm sure he would have been helped to escape to Nigeria by his naija collabos. If d guy na naija, dem for no catch am like that. Naija guy no go run come still stay for Lagos where NDLEA activities are well on ground. I suspect his not being able to speak Yoruba at point of suspicion must have led NDLEA to dig deeper to now find that he is originally "Kindrek Dion Lee".

1 Like

Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Beaf: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
X-factoria:

The guy looks Jamo to me!!!

I'm sure he would have been helped to escape to Nigeria by his naija collabos. If d guy na naija, dem for no catch am like that. Naija guy no go run come still stay for Lagos where NDLEA activities are well on ground. I suspect his not being able to speak Yoruba at point of suspicion must have led NDLEA to dig deeper to now find that he is originally "Kindrek Dion Lee".

Most Jamaicans look pretty much like your average West African, they only dress differently. That guy is one of us, a misrepresentative shon of the shoil.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by htajz: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2011
yoruba people sef, dey no dey tire
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by aljharem3: 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
htajz:

yoruba people sef, dey no dey tire

how did tribe come to this
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by htajz: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2011
alj_harem:

how did tribe come to this

na only them dey u.k abi na only them sabi wetin fraud be, yoruba people need to chill with this this fraudelent activities
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by 4Play(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2011
Some of you are too s-tupid to realise this guy is not a Nigerian.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
Great news . . . I do hope it means that all other criminals hiding in Criminal will soon get dragged off in much the same way soon. grin grin grin grin
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by moremi2008(m): 7:21am On Sep 20, 2011
There is something really suspect about this story! The NDLEA is a corruption ridden entity that can't catch a mouse without tips (and without demanding bribes). The stupid man must have continued pushing drugs via couriers in Lagos or his naija partners ratted him out so they can steal his money/product.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Andrew3(m): 7:36am On Sep 20, 2011
Am a believer, I believe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2011
That boy obviously looks like a UK born Nigerian! And that may actually be his real name! Who knows? Good he has been caught, hopefully wish he doesnt have connections in high places, else he'll go free pretty soon!
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by snthesis(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2011
moremi2008:

There is something really suspect about this story! The NDLEA is a corruption ridden entity that can't catch a mouse without tips (and without demanding bribes). The silly man must have continued pushing drugs via couriers in Lagos or his naija partners ratted him out so they can steal his money/product.
gbam!!! happens all d tyme grin grin grin
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 20, 2011
moremi2008:

There is something really suspect about this story! The NDLEA is a corruption ridden entity that can't catch a mouse without tips (and without demanding bribes). The silly man must have continued pushing drugs via couriers in Lagos or his naija partners ratted him out so they can steal his money/product.

This seems the most likely scenario to me. Some kingpin in Isale eko or Festac town would soon make a killing as a result. NDLEA may have even been bribed a huge sum to arrest this guy. Naija.

Btw, why the whole furore about whether or not he is Nigerian? If he isn't, then why is it clearly indicated in the NDLEA statement that he is from Ikorodu? Na wah for some of una sef. His dreadlocks, or funny sounding name or inability to speak Yoruba mean nothing. Perhaps he relocated to the UK in his childhood, or maybe he was even born there.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by tunde300us(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2011
Dem no settle well ni, dats y dem catch am grin
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by strangest(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2011
WONT BE SURPRISED IF GHADAFFI IS IN EKO TOO shocked
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by araba1(m): 9:27am On Sep 20, 2011
na mumu be the guy when he should have shave the dada comot
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 20, 2011
^
very segzy mixture of Pidgin and English. Even if im barb gorimakpa. Them for still catch am as e be say na set-up.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by tEsLim(m): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2011
Jamo boy with yoruba connect
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2011
[size=15pt]
P1:This boy is not a Nigerian?
P2: No, he is from the "JAMAICAN side of IKORODU"
[/size]

[size=15pt] P1:LOL!![/size]

[size=15pt] P2: NO, seriously![/size]    

rflmao
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by hbrednic: 10:56am On Sep 20, 2011
100% yoruba boy from ikorodu
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by mallorca(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2011
hbrednic:

100% yoruba boy from ikorodu
grin grin grin grin
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by RickyRoss1(m): 11:48am On Sep 20, 2011
mallorca:

grin grin grin grin

This yoyobas boys sef, The authorities have confirmed this guy is a yoyoba criminal from Ikorodu who uses so many different fake names, just bc he is yoyob criminal his brother are now claiming he is from Jamaica? If it were an Igbo guy now the whole world for don hear am, These dirty yoyoba people sabi pretend,
Dont get me wrong, I am not a tribalist, I joined this forum after reading so many hate comments against my people. THIS THIEF NA YOYOBA CRIMINAL 100%, HE WILL SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE IN JAIL, ITS ON RECORD THE YOYOBAS ARE NUMBER ONE CREDIT CARD SCAMMERS IN THE WHOLE UK. ITS ALSO ON RECORD THE YOYOBAS WERE THE FIRST GROUP OF NIGERIANS TO MIGRATE TO UK WHERE THEY STARTED THEIR 419 SCAMS. IGBOS AND OTHER NIGERIAN TRIBES JOINED ONLY RECENTLY.
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Princek12(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
So many ignorant people in this thread. So because he "looks Jamaican" he can't be Nigerian. I have been treated the same way, too. So many people tell me that I don't look Nigerian, even though I was born and raised in Nigeria--a full blooded Yoruba boy. Girls do it a lot--a Naija girl once said that she did not speak to me at first because I don't look Nigerian. Na wa for our people oooooooo.

How about his real name is "Olusegun Babajide," but the alias he used to conduct his drug business was "Kindreck Lion Lee," which sounds like a made up name to me. It sounds Asian.

Because someone does not look like a prototypical Nigerian does not exclude that person from being a Nigerian. Do you want him to have tribal marks or look like Terry G before you would believe he is a Nigerian?
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by ochiaha1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

This yoyobas boys sef, The authorities have confirmed this guy is a yoyoba criminal from Ikorodu who uses so many different fake names, just bc he is yoyob criminal his brother are now claiming he is from Jamaica? If it were an Igbo guy now the whole world for don hear am, These dirty yoyoba people sabi pretend,
Dont get me wrong, I am not a tribalist, I joined this forum after reading so many hate comments against my people. THIS THIEF NA YOYOBA CRIMINAL 100%, HE WILL SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE IN JAIL, ITS ON RECORD THE YOYOBAS ARE NUMBER ONE CREDIT CARD SCAMMERS IN THE WHOLE UK. ITS ALSO ON RECORD THE YOYOBAS WERE THE FIRST GROUP OF NIGERIANS TO MIGRATE TO UK WHERE THEY STARTED THEIR 419 SCAMS. IGBOS AND OTHER NIGERIAN TRIBES JOINED ONLY RECENTLY.

Very true my brother, very, very true. wink
Re: UK's Most Wanted Drug Suspect Arrested In Lagos by Princek12(m): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

Some people admit the existence of a fact in their attempt to deny the existence of that fact.

I hope you make your living being a house boy, because that is the only thing you can do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap DELSU Staff, Demand N5m Ransom : VANGUARD / Nigerian Drug Peddlers Attack Police Officer During Raid In India, One Arrested / See Body Of Hundred Of Soldiers Killed In An Ambush Today(Very Graphic Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.