Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? (5582 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / Presidency Reacts To ACN On Jonathan Use Of Lagos Roads / Fashola And Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2011
If you live in Lagos, you will understand the situation of roads and how important they are to economy base of the nation. Many man hours are lost daily. Please let us know the situation of your area as per road. I will like Papa Joe Igbokwe to go through Orile, Egbeda, Iyana paja, BornoWay, Ebute-Meta, Makoko, Apapa Road, Brikissu (Unilag road), Bariga, Iyana Oworo, Gbagada, just to mention a few. Please be as objective as ever this is not about politics.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by aljharem3: 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
I can tell u of alagomeji area. which is has a lot of traffic every morning and evening because of the working class are going to work or going home.

the problem with Lagos is that there are too many people and too many cars on the road

Lagos can only take so much
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
alj_harem:

I can tell u of alagomeji area. which is has a lot of traffic every morning and evening because of the working class are going to work or going home.

the problem with Lagos is that there are too many people and too many cars on the road

Lagos can only take so much

I've lived in Lagos most of my life and the roads have never been as good as they are now. They're still nowhere near good enough though. Like you said, there are just too many people.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2011
Lagos has been better in some area, but the quality of job even on BRT lanes calls for scrutiny. Check Palmgrove BRT lane area as you go home tonight.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 8:32am On Sep 20, 2011
Lagos road nawaoh. Abi na FGN get LUTH road?
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 8:37am On Sep 20, 2011
I beg Bornoway Ebute-meta na something else. With this morning rain.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Gbawe: 11:03am On Sep 20, 2011
Evil Brain:

I've lived in Lagos most of my life and the roads have never been as good as they are now. They're still nowhere near good enough though. Like you said, there are just too many people.

Spot on. In fact , in my Surulere area (Bode Thomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Eric Moore axis) the roads are the most motorable and beautiful I ever have known them to be in my association with Lagos. Adeniran Ogunsanya , for example, was recently totally reconstructed with raised drainage channels (doubling as pedestrian walkways) and concrete slabs separating traffic . The main road through Shitta ,going past the main post office and old Cinema, is currently enjoying the Adeniran Ogunsanya treatment.

Fashola really is working hard and effectively but the task is huge (after many decades of neglect) and the population does not help since a very large population puts extreme pressure on all infrastructure. Of course Fashola cannot please everyone but those who are truthful enough to acknowledge what obtained in the past and the scale of the challenge will indeed praise the good work of the Lagos Governor.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by candidkeem: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2011
Trade in Offer in my company
If your ANY ID CARD PRINTER is on its last legs broken or totally condemned, (no matter the brand)
save up to 30% by trading it in for a brand new model,. WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS GREAT,
please call now: 08023873168[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by bisiaet: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2011
Lagos road is not in good shape though the govt had done their best but the roads are too bad, no need t pretend or make it political, its bad and its bad.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by candidkeem: 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2011
Trade in Offer in my company
If your ANY ID CARD PRINTER is on its last legs broken or totally condemned, (no matter the brand)
save up to 30% by trading it in for a brand new model,. WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS GREAT,
please call now: 08023873168
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by JahMan1: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
Terrible are the roads I ply!
Pedro road that leads to palmgrove and onipanu from bariga is "valley of shadow of death".
Ilaje Road in bariga is a death trap.
Gbagada roads right from Ifako junction to Deeper life down to wherever is harsher than child labour.
Mile 2 badagry axis(it is a federal road! u will yell),I mean all the roads inside that axis, festac,satellite town,alaba,ajangbadi,jakande,etc na die!.
Haba! wetin come make Fashola the best guvnor sef when people like Chime of Enugu no dey tok?
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by boyt1: 2:44pm On Sep 20, 2011
Make Fashola beg Oga B. A. Tinubu to borrow LSG some billions of €,$ or naira interest free to complete the road maintenance projets.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Paul10: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2011
I believe the Lagos state govt has failed in the area of road construction and rehabilitation. I ask my self some funny questions some times about all the praises that people are showering on the Fashola Administration, maybe i am not seeing what they are seeing. He has not perform has people has been praising him. No concrete thing you can lay hold of that he has done and be successful in it. You need to come and inspect roads under Alimosho LGA, they are all in sorry states, Ipaja Ayobo is totally out of it, even the one the claimed they are working on like Isheri-Idimu road has no direction.

Lagos roads are presently in their worse state ever since have been in the city for close to Thirty years cry embarassed cry cry cry cry
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by GMcompere: 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2011
My Say abi ?

1. I Visit Morufu my mechanic every month to change Stabilizer linkage of my car, shock absorb-er every 6months, bushings and bearings every 3weeks.
2. I Visit Kareem my panel beater, to adjust my exhaust and change the rubber holding the exhaust every week

I can only blame the witches and wizards in my village for all these visits abi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by hilli666(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2011
Lagos has some of the best roads. When I moved to Lagos from the village 9 months ago, I was so impressed to see the level of engineering put in the roads. How can a road have a river in the middle of it? and at the same time a market, farm, morgue, beside it? I was so impressed because we in the umofiagba village have not yet been exposed to such sophistication. We follow the rive path during the dry season and the bush path during the rainy season. Some how the talented engineers of Lagos found a way of allowing the river the car, pedestrians  and animals, to all use the same path regardless of season. If this is not amazing, I don't know what is. Secondly the way the government cares for the safety of everyone who ply the roads, buy putting police check point at every 100 metres to ensure that your car, car particulars and personal health are in good condition. For such outstanding service, I don't mind forking over the occasional 10 -50 Naira fee. How many contries in the world do they have such impeccable service. I so happy to have found a great city like Lagos to live in, In the village nobody cares, and you have to ride your cow or goat to work. At least in Lagos, you can swim on the high way to work during the rainy season. May God continue to bless the people who are in charge of this great city. My Yoruba friend said after any comment I post I should always add " Eko O ni Baje" It must mean Lagos is the best city in the world.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by ochiaha1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
GMcompere:

My Say abi ?

1. I Visit Morufu my mechanic every month to change Stabilizer linkage of my car, shock absorb-er every 6months, bushings and bearings every 3weeks.
2. I Visit Kareem my panel beater, to adjust my exhaust and change the rubber holding the exhaust every week

I can only blame the witches and wizards in my village for all these visits abi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin
@GM Compere, you forgot to mention, the Wheel Balancing and Alignment man you must visit every other 2 weeks because the pot-holes always mis-shape the tyres and causes the steering wheel to lose its alignment always, angry
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
Roads in Lagos? Where? What we have as roads in Lagos are Death Traps! 85% of All traffic jams in Lagos, can be traced to bad roads! Anyone with me say AYE!
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by nolongtin(m): 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ alh harem,
do u stay in alagomeji?dat used to be my hood,we ran dat area way back, lovely place to reside back den dunno a bot now sha.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by rabzy: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
Lagos roads are good,
I go from ikotun to egbeda up akowonjo road to the express, then i link the bridge at ikeja to maryland all the way to ikorodu road and onwards to western avenue, from western avenue i take the bridges all the way to cms, then inner marina to Armadu bello road, from there to eko hotel and then Ajose adeogun to my office in Ligali ayorinde.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by rabzy: 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2011
sexkillz:

Roads in Lagos? Where? What we have as roads in Lagos are Death Traps! 85% of All traffic jams in Lagos, can be traced to bad roads! Anyone with me say AYE!

I beg to differ.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2011
The attachment is an exemplar of how Lagos roads are. No one has the time to rally community members to Inquire from their local government as to why our roads are deplorable,

Everyone in Lagos wants to own cars, You see cars with only one person on the third mainland bridge,  If these weirdos join the buses the road will not be as clogged

Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2011
rabzy:

Lagos roads are good,
I go from ikotun to egbeda up akowonjo road to the express, then i link the bridge at ikeja to maryland all the way to ikorodu road and onwards to western avenue, from western avenue i take the bridges all the way to cms, then inner marina to Armadu bello road, from there to eko hotel and then Ajose adeogun to my office in Ligali ayorinde.
And you classify your "route" as Lagos? How about the abeokuta express way? Agege? And the other parts the OP mentioned? Do you know that people that leave the Island by 5, heading towards, Iyana ipaja, Abulegba, and agege environs, get home between the hours of 10pm and 12am? Arent those parts of lagos too?
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by aljharem3: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
nolongtin:

@ alh harem,
do u stay in alagomeji?dat used to be my hood,we ran dat area way back, lovely place to reside back den dunno a bot now sha.

the area has changed abit but road are definatly better wink

the only problem is the amount of cars on lagos roads are just too too much

with people moving in the city everyday. then the problem can not end
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by sley4life(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2011
its very bad. street peddlers are much there. its better now than during Tinubu's tenure
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by aljharem3: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2011
sley4life:

its very bad. street peddlers are much there. its better now than during Tinubu's tenure

very correct

it has to do with the high population and migration of people
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by rabzy: 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2011
sexkillz:

And you classify your "route" as Lagos? How about the abeokuta express way? Agege? And the other parts the OP mentioned? Do you know that people that leave the Island by 5, heading towards, Iyana ipaja, Abulegba, and agege environs, get home between the hours of 10pm and 12am? Arent those parts of lagos too?

why i mentioned all that is because everyone were mentioning all the bad roads, well i could also reel off some good roads that were well constructed by this administration across all the local governments. Those good ones are also part of Lagos.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Greenslim: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2011
Pot holes everywhere.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2011
rabzy:

why i mentioned all that is because everyone were mentioning all the bad roads, well i could also reel off some good roads that were well constructed by this administration across all the local governments. Those good ones are also part of Lagos.
Sure! Of course i agree! But when majority of the roads in Lagos are in a dilapidated state, you cant just help it! Especially if it's the most populous areas of Lagos! I'm free lance so i'm always at this end of lagos or another most times! Hmm! no be small thing o! Brother!
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by rabzy: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^^^
I totally agree with you, but this administration impressed me with what they did in such a short time. i remember a time when Lagos was looking like a huge construction site due to all the works going -on and many people were saying they should do things bit by bit.

One thing i have noticed also is that new towns are springing up all over the place, some twenty years ago places like Ijegun, Akute, Aboru were more or less outskirts of town, but now every one of them has been integrated. its tough to keep up with the number of new towns springing up and the rate at which people quickly populate the place.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by swagalish: 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2011
The government of BRF has not done any work on Lagos roads dis regim. Ikorodu road that was used for campaign is yet to be worked on.

Instead they are busy pouring sand mixed with stones and cement on portion that has gone bad.

Imagine, an individual wanting to live a long life, will wake up to leave home at 4.30am all because of bad road. Then close from work at 6.00pm and staying in traffic for more than 4 hours everyday.

The road from Owode Onirin to Agric is not for vehicles carrying human beings. The residents of Ikorodu are also paying TAX like other citizens.
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by nawfia(m): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2011
angry angryMay  God punish the guy responsible for constructing the lekki-epe expressway (hitech,Lcc, or whatever, )i stay in ajah and spend close to 3hrs daily from chevron roundabout to ajah, (since 2009), a journey that ordinarily should take 5-10mins. embarassed embarassed, the traffic gridlock is hellish, just cos the contractor is so selfish, fu(cking dude is busy constructing the damn toll gates/plaza, while completely neglecting the road, and the funny thing is that everybody is turning a blind eye, school kids leave home as early as 4.30am so as to beat the mad traffic,
This country needs a revolution, these politicians are sure taking us all for a ride, IMO undecided undecided
Re: What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? by babeface3: 5:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
There is a big problem with the blackman especially the species called Nigerians. In the midst of problems you see some charlatans going sentimental. what is too good about the lagos roads. How much does lagos generate in tax and other revenue and they cant make the roads motorable. You just single out some areas that are better and classify it as the whole. The problem with the leaders is that they are just mere bloody politicians with poor visions and policies and the problem with the followers is that they are too gullible, suffering and smiling.

GOOD and fine, lagos has alarming population that the cityis almost gasping for breathe. In this situation there should be a commensurate budget for road rehabilitation in a way that there should be near almost monthly check and maintenance (for goodness sake, tax and other revenue can effectively anchor this with other conflicting needs).

The Isolo Ikotun ejigbo road for instance has people coming from Igondo, Ijegun, Isheri, Ikotun, Ejigbo etc plying the narrow road and even at that it is presently in a very bad shape. It was better arround March but some group of people under the guise of marking the road just opened the little pot holes more for rain to fininsh the ravage. I was driving along this road and crying.

Again, Theres a place between mushin and Iyana Isolo that has a big ditch that I nearly fell into to the surprise of the on lookers that thought I knew the terrain. Are you new here? one one them had asked me. That place had been like that for the past one year.

Let us not deceive ourselves, this country has enough money that can transform infrastructure to what we have in Dubai only that the leaders are just bloody greedy politicians looking only at their selfish interests.

Have you ever asked yourselves why power project here has always failed.

The fact is that you dont do lagos road in January and stop in Marchafter getting people's ovation. The number of people that ply these roads alone are enough to scatter it in February to the extent that a visitor will never Know you ever touched it. LAMATA or whatever they call themselves is just a mere acronym coined to dole out road contracts to some yeye people.

This same thing goes to flood in lagos from one administration to another, the same story.

Who even says life cant be better in lagos; who says lagos cannot be decongested.

Why not build low cost housing at the suburbs and provide good transport and security.  You are here making uncivilised laws to gag landlords.

What of the everyday traffice; If I rule lagos, I would encourage the use of bikes by private people especially at the hinterland and phase out commercial okada. I will import low speed or even normal speed bikes and impose effective speed limit.

Have they ever thought of the economic implication of the kind of heavy traffic jams that occur daily in lagos?

We lack visionary selfless leaders

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy / Checkout How This Man Is Cutting His Wedding Cake(photo) / The Hypocritical Government Of Adams Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.