Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? (23188 Views)

Is It Hygienic For People To Go To The Rest Room With Their Phones? / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record / Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by uduoyibo(f): 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2011
My room mate likes brushing her teeth in the kitchen sink and its irritating me so much, so i told her to stop but she is arguing about it. Telling me there is nothing wrong with it. Pls nairalanders how hygienic is brushing in the kitchen sink?
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by uzoo: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
very and i mean VERY unhygeinic,you better tell her to stop if you both dont want to get hepatitis(which is worse than HIV by the way) its just gross ,totally disgusting to brush in the kitchen sink.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by lepasharon(f): 1:51am On Sep 24, 2011
sometimes guilty of this embarassed undecided
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by ayomide202(f): 3:57am On Sep 24, 2011
My girlfriend was over at my place n I heard handwashing sound tgen I asked from the room n she had the nerve to say she was washing her blood stained underwear in the bathroom sink I thought that was the most disgusting thing but she never tot it was wrong I even asked what if someone drop toothbrush in d sink while brushing but she was like d blood will not get stuck n she will rinse off. Its not easy living with people who toil with hygiene stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by GloJH(f): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2011
Disgusting!!!!! Nauseating!!!!! Kitchen sink is meant for washing things used in d kitchen. Stamp ur feet nd give her corrections. This is one of many reasons most ladies cant keep a partner.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2011
//
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by lasunray(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2011
@poster,I was guilty of that,bt nw i have stopd,its very wrong,
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Goldenheart(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2011
i caught my baby sis doing that, i wanted 2 beat the crap out of her. But my mum told me she wnt do it again.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2011
GMO - Grossing me out.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by freecocoa(f): 9:42am On Sep 24, 2011
My roomy does dat and we always fought about it,she wouldn't stop so I had to damage the sink by removing the pole used in steadying the sink before she started brushing in the bathroom,after I called a plumber to fix it,she wanted to continue and I told her if she does I'd spoil the sink totally that was when she realized I couldn't take it anymore. Its more than disgusting,most times I had 2 wash the sink thoroughly after she brushes before I can cook and eat what comes out of that kitchen.

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2011
Totally, utterly disgusting, and unhygienic. We don't even allow a bucket used in the bathroom in the kitchen. If a kitchen bowl finds its way into the bathroom, it stays there. Gross.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by nk(f): 10:22am On Sep 24, 2011
disgusting and unacceptable grin
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2011
it would be ironic if one finds this disguting, yet eats at public restaurants,
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by tEsLim(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2011
Well maybe morally disgusting and unacceptable. But scientifically I dont think so, when your unwashed dishes or food material carry more bacteria than the spent toothpaste from the mouth. Do you know the toilet sit is said to have lesser bacteria than your average kitchen cutting-board/chop board ? But you would readily take your hand to the mouth after touching a used kitchen knife or chop-board than a toilet sit lol

I dont do it though because my entire house is ensuited with toilet/bath in each room and for example my kitchen is downstairs so why go downstairs to brush when I have a bathroom right in my room.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Pamperme: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2011
Am sorry but i do it every time! grin My partner uses the toilet sink but i just dont like waiting, so i go into the kitchen.

But if it is hygienically or scientifically bad, i will try and stop. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by CynthiaIfy(f): 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2011
Majority of u who are screaming gross! Irritating etc do it. If after brushing, u wash the sink thoroughly, there is nothin bad, after all u hav no idea where that meatpie/delicious rice u eat in public restaurant is coming from and to make it worse, wat about the suya u buy from that dirty Aboki who clearly doesnt wash his hands after urinating? I could go on & on, but the bottom line is that if u live alone or do it alone, there is no problem cos u will be able wash d sink thoroughly; where it becomes a problem is when too many people are doing it on one sink. Alot of u have worse dirty habits so stop screaming "i am righteous"
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^^ Try to see different points of view, instead of stating people who share a view contrary to yours are merely being self-righteous.

Those that state there are more germs in the kitchen, and your average restaurant. Let's look at things from another angle. It's one thing to unknowingly eat food that was probably prepared in a less than clean environment. Quite a different scenario to knowingly add your own quota of bacteria to the eating / food preparation area. We can never 100% eliminate bugs, but with a bit of common sense, we can reduce the risk.

Still on the unknown, one would use a condom if having sex with a stranger, because of the unknown - you don't know what your partner may be carrying. So, it's a precaution. If it transpired this same stranger was diagnosed with full-blown AIDS, how many of you can truthfully, hand on heart say you'd still be as keen to have sex with this same person, even with a condom? So there are two issues here - precautionary and risk reduction. This analogy is no different to reducing the risk of bacteria in your food preparation area.

Lastly - not every ailment pertaining to food poisoning is investigated. We assume it was just a bad stomach bug, but if things were taken further, it's very likely the source may be found closer to home than we think, and not attributed to the supermarket the food came from.

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
Siena:

Totally, utterly disgusting, and unhygienic. We don't even allow a bucket used in the bathroom in the kitchen. If a kitchen bowl finds its way into the bathroom, it stays there. Gross.

same way i was brought up. lol it stays there.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by moshoodn(m): 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2011
@uzoo, you can't get hepatitis from that kinda stuff.
Although, its disgusting really.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
do tell that disgusting friend of yours to stop such a dirty habit. I feel like throwing up after reading this thread.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by buzugee(m): 3:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
thats nothing. i have been known in the past to piss in the sink
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by uzoo: 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2011
moshoodn:

@uzoo, you can't get hepatitis from that kinda stuff.
Although, its disgusting really.

i'm sorry if my post was misleading, "unhygeinic sanitory habits " (including brushing in the sink by the way)have been linked to the major causes of Hepatitis.

want to know more? do a research online .
or better still, try brushing in the kitchen sink yourself and then throw in your cutleries in there too. (abi? the taste of the pudding is in the eating) let it be a routine from then onwards. wink
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by MMM2(m): 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
very bad
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by occam(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
Very disgusting. The kind of people that don't wash their hands after visiting the toilet (to pee or poo)
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by tashanja(m): 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2011
uzoo:

i'm sorry if my post was misleading, "unhygeinic sanitory habits " (including brushing in the sink by the way)have been linked to the major causes of Hepatitis.

You just beat me to the gun.

buzugee:

Very digusting embarassed shocked shocked but surprisingly not as risky because a healthy person's urine is considered relatively sterile. shocked cool; shocking isn't it? lipsrsealed shocked
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by promire2004(f): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
musKeeto:

it would be ironic if one finds this disguting, yet eats at public restaurants,
looooooooooool, but seriously are u trying to say in essence that brushing in d kitchen is hygienic?
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by uzoo: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2011
freecocoa:

My roomy does dat and we always fought about it,she wouldn't stop so I had to damage the sink by removing the pole used in steadying the sink before she started brushing in the bathroom,after I called a plumber to fix it,she wanted to continue and I told her if she does I'd spoil the sink totally that was when she realized I couldn't take it anymore. Its more than disgusting,most times I had 2 wash the sink thoroughly after s

@freecocoa
i like your style, some adults need to be treated as children before they can learn.

how can a grown man/women wake up in the morning and go straight to the kitchen sink to brush.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by lepasharon(f): 1:00am On Sep 25, 2011
buzugee:

disgusting,i heard white girls do that.
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by lepasharon(f): 1:01am On Sep 25, 2011
wat about using the same mop in the kitchen and bath? undecided
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 25, 2011
Hmm some women sure can be pigs. How can you brush in a kitchen sink? shocked
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by obowunmi(m): 1:40am On Sep 25, 2011
No big deal to me esp if there's only one bathroom
Re: How Hygienic Is Brushing In The Kitchen Sink? by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 25, 2011
It's disgusting. You're both paying rent, yes? She shouldn't be doing that because you're living there too and using that sink as well, so she needs to give you that respect. You don't want to be putting your sponges, washing your dishes and utensils in a place that could be harbouring germs.

obowunmi:

No big deal to me esp if there's only one bathroom
What kind of excuse is that? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCTA Confirms Outbreak Of Diphtheria In Abuja Community, Records One Death / COVID-19: CFL To Release 20-Minute Result Oriented Test Kit Into Nigerian Market / She Has Been Menstruating For Over 2 Weeks, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.