Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

No Insults Pls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No Insults Pls (2054 Views)

I Have A Confession To Make...no Insults Just Forgive / She Traded Insults With Her Boyfriend's Dad On Nairaland / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 2:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
I've knwn nd liked my ex 4 yrs but we were only able 2 date 4 abt 9mths(long dist nd ish).nwys,we've broken 4 over a year nw.prob is,I gv her a chain wch was given to me by my late aunt.it's d only gift I hv of her nd wen giving it to my ex,I made her undstnd ow impt it ws to me.thg is,my ex hasn't worn d chain since,infact,she's averse to gold,so I asked her to return it but she refused.I jst think she's being petty cos I initiated d brkup.I jst want ur opinion guys,m I a monster 4 asking her to return it?
Re: No Insults Pls by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
shouldnt you have asked for the chain back before breaking up with her? if she was allergic to gold then what were you waiting for?!

anyway, if the chain was THAT important to you, you shouldnt have given it to this damsel, bro!

a gift is a gift, get over the fact that the chain is gone!
Re: No Insults Pls by tellwisdom: 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
ABOKI DON BUY AM undecided undecided
Re: No Insults Pls by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
dohyn:

I've knwn nd liked my ex 4 yrs but we were only able 2 date 4 abt 9mths(long dist nd ish).nwys,we've broken 4 over a year nw.prob is,I gv her a chain wch was given to me by my late aunt.it's d only gift I hv of her nd wen giving it to my ex,I made her undstnd ow impt it ws to me.thg is,my ex hasn't worn d chain since,infact,she's averse to gold,so I asked her to return it but she refused.I jst think she's being petty cos I initiated d brkup.I jst want your opinion guys,m I a monster 4 asking her to return it?
My guy go collect that chain fast fast from her hand before she start to they pose and brag to her friends about how she use one guy for maga.Chie why is that many of u bobos back in nigeria dey alloow unasef to be used as maga by these hungry looking naija girls lipsrsealed.
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2011
Well,we were in a long dist reltnshp nd we broke up over the fone.also,I told her that I meant to gv dat chain to d woman I'm gonna marry, guess I thot wrong(we've knwn each other for over 13yrs b4 dating).I've aldy counted d chain as being gone.I jst want to knw pple's(esp ladies)opinion abt it.if u were d lady,would u gv it bck?knwn the history behind it?am I wrong 4 asking for it? And pls,don't insult her,I still hold her dear, thanks
Re: No Insults Pls by mikkymoi(m): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2011
If the said chain is important to u, go and get it back,
undecided
Re: No Insults Pls by kemmeye: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
i mean the chain might be important to you but the thing is you already gave her so its pretty much hers in a way. talk to her politely and she might just return it idk.
Re: No Insults Pls by MMM2(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
op

i gave my last GF a diamond wrist watch, dat what up 2,000,000 dollars smiley

and i did complain angry
Re: No Insults Pls by pendo89(f): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2011
dohyn:

Well,we were in a long dist reltnshp nd we broke up over the fone.also,I told her that I meant to gv dat chain to d woman I'm gonna marry, guess I thot wrong(we've knwn each other for over 13yrs b4 dating).I've aldy counted d chain as being gone.I jst want to knw pple's(esp ladies)opinion abt it.if u were d lady,would u gv it bck?knwn the history behind it?am I wrong 4 asking for it? And pls,don't insult her,I still hold her dear, thanks

Returning sentimental stuff sets you free so if shes wise she would do it.If you really feel unsettled in your heart tell her its charmed!  undecided ope she gets scared.

Have you clearly and without anger explained to her how valuable it is to you and that you gave it to her assuming she would be your wife?
If a guy told me that I would return it very fast. But if didnt it goes to trash.

I have returned something very valuable without being asked and I felt soo relieved.
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 2:47pm On Sep 21, 2011
Well,I tried talking politely to her, nada.I think she's still pissed abt d breakup even tho it's over a year now, also,this issue isn't abt the monetary value of the chain.tops,it'll cost 15k,it's abt d sentimental value of it,wch she knws very well.
Re: No Insults Pls by kemmeye: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
then she is definately trying to spite you.
tell her you will send five huge guys to come raape her you find it in front of your door 2moro morning. im kidding dont tell her that but hu knows it might actually work
Re: No Insults Pls by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
@poster
so if i understand you correctly, after 9months, you decided that this woman WAS the person you were gonna marry, so you gave her the chain (imagine what that gesture means!!!!!). . . . . . .and then YOU broke up with her afterwards?! woah!

and now you wonder why she didn't give you the chain back?
Re: No Insults Pls by pendo89(f): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
dohyn:

Well,I tried talking politely to her, nada.I think she's still pissed abt d breakup even tho it's over a year now, also,this issue isn't abt the monetary value of the chain.tops,it'll cost 15k,it's abt d sentimental value of it,wch she knws very well.

dont use threats cz it will end up in trash if it hasnt yet. Give her a thank you call and tell her its ok she can keep it.
I understand this it not money but the value which money cant buy.Forget and go about life.
Who knows,she might return it if she meets a dude who will replace that with something else. And she wont need to hold on to yours.
wish you luck
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
@mrbrownjay,u got it wrong, I've knwn nd liked her for over 13yrs b4 we dated(u can call her my first love),so dating her ws like a dream come true 4 me.sadly,it lasted 9mths.I gv her d chain at d beginning of d relationshp,thinkn she ws d one, nd she knew this, nwys,I ws jst wondering if I ws wrong 2 ask 4 it.if she even wore it once after we brkup,I wouldn't hv asked but,a year after,it has never graced her neck.so,why is she keeping it?
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
@pendo,thanks. I think I'll do jst that
Re: No Insults Pls by coogar: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
dohyn:

I've knwn nd liked my ex 4 yrs but we were only able 2 date 4 abt 9mths(long dist nd ish).nwys,we've broken 4 over a year nw.prob is,I gv her a chain wch was given to me by my late aunt.it's d only gift I hv of her nd wen giving it to my ex,I made her undstnd ow impt it ws to me.thg is,my ex hasn't worn d chain since,infact,she's averse to gold,so I asked her to return it but she refused.I jst think she's being petty cos I initiated d brkup.I jst want your opinion guys,m I a monster 4 asking her to return it?

hire touts and steal it from her
Re: No Insults Pls by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
I wanted to insult you not because of your post rather your form of writing. Is your keypad incomplete or what?

@topic, that chain was a gift and a mofo will ask an ex to return a gift after break up. Btw I never knew chicks now wears chain
Re: No Insults Pls by LongOne1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
Dude, this is totally a non-issue, just let it go. There’s no point creating bad blood between both of you. Your Aunt’s memory will live within you regardless.

BTW, if it was that important, why did you wait over a year before asking her for it? Or is it closure you need? Are you looking for a reason to hate her? If you had married and divorced her, would you still ask her for it?

Pendo89, you okay?
Re: No Insults Pls by LongOne1(m): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
dohyn:

@mrbrownjay,u got it wrong, I've knwn nd liked her for over 13yrs b4 we dated(u can call her my first love),so dating her ws like a dream come true 4 me.sadly,it lasted 9mths.I gv her d chain at d beginning of d relationshp,thinkn she ws d one, nd she knew this, nwys,I ws jst wondering if I ws wrong 2 ask 4 it.if she even wore it once after we brkup,I wouldn't hv asked but,a year after,it has never graced her neck.so,why is she keeping it?

Maybe it's sentimental to her too (What could have been). She might have really cared for you, you know?
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2011
@reality,I'm nt gonna join issues with u, @longone, I never thot abt it until when I noticed that she always wore a silver chain(her dp's) nd when I asked,she told me dat she was averse to gold, my question is,why would u collect smth dat impt to me knowing that u wldnt can't even use it?? It's all gud tho. M gonna take pendo's advice,ask her nicely 4 it,if she refuses,all well nd gud.The sun will still shine tomorrow. Thanks for d advice,everyone
Re: No Insults Pls by 677ano(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
Why wouild you want her to return a gift you gave to her you are the one being petty to be candid
The gift is hers to do as she pleases with forget about the gold it was a gift you gave her.
Re: No Insults Pls by Kx: 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
Why ask her to return a gift u willfully gave her?
She spent quality time (in bed too) with you, would u return the time,companionship and other
unquantifiable resources she put in the relationship no matter how short the relationship lasted?

Move on
Re: No Insults Pls by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
You better don't. Hey willie have you checked the pawn shop?
Re: No Insults Pls by ronkebp(f): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
She is not going to give it back to you, since you initiated the break-up, since the necklace means a lot to you, she will use it to get back at you for leaving her. So forget it.
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2011
Well,I guess m being petty then.nwys,thanks 4 ur advice.Also,sex or not has nufin to do with d issue at hand.All I'm saying is dat,I'd appreciate it if she wore it or did smth useful with it,knowing ow impt it is to me nd nt throw it in a shoe box, but,I guess u can't dictate to pple ow or what they choose to do wif what u give them.Lesson learnt even tho it hurts.
Re: No Insults Pls by coogar: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
Kx:

Why ask her to return a gift u willfully gave her?
She spent quality time (in bed too) with you, would u return the time,companionship and other
unquantifiable resources she put in the relationship no matter how short the relationship lasted?

Move on

they both spent quality time in bed? why do people generally think it's the woman doing the man a favour in the issue of s[i]e[/i]x?
matter of fact, men burn more calories. . . . .except doyhn is a paraplegic. grin
Re: No Insults Pls by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^well said!!!
the time spent in bed has absolutely nothing to do with a GIFT that he WILLFULLY gave!

@poster
again, she doesnt have to give the chain back (if she doesnt want to). that she wore it or not is irrelevant as it is HER Chain now and can do what she pleases with it.
Re: No Insults Pls by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 21, 2011
M M M:

op

i gave my last GF a diamond wrist watch, dat what up 2,000,000 dollars smiley

and i did complain angry

Abeg we know say you be baba christmas wey dey dash money and gifts to naija babes.Consider say the OP na university undergraduate wey dey still manage grin. grin
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
Thank You coogar.I so hate it when gehs say;u took advantage of me!!like I was d only one enjoying d thing.nwys,dat's my grouse now.Btw,I'm nt managing.this has nothing to do with d monetary value of d necklace.I jst wanted to get pple's view on d matter,
Re: No Insults Pls by dohyn(m): 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
*not my grouse*.
Re: No Insults Pls by pendo89(f): 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
Long One:

Maybe it's sentimental to her too (What could have been). She might have really cared for you, you know?

You know op that cud be true as well. She loved you so shes holding on to it. Live with that for now cz sooner or later she will wake up to the fact that you are nolonger part of her life and might return it back.
That chain must be something to make both of you attach sentimental value to it. Anyway just relax and get busy looking for a nice gal then dont be quick to hand over such stuff till you place that ring on the finger.
We all make mistakes but what doesnt kill makes you strong and wise.

yep One, unwell though. bad headache.
Thnks 4 inquiring
Re: No Insults Pls by CalienteMi: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
Is this topic about no insults, gifts, and sex?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bitter Truth Girls Don't Know / Ladies Before You Move On To The Next Bad Guy. Read This! / Signs Your BF Is Still A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.