Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry (27755 Views)

Container Falls On A Toyota Hiace Bus Along Ilasa-Oshodi Expressway (Pictured) / A Toyota Camry 2.4 (big For Nothing) Or A Honda Eod? / Price Of A Toyota Rav 4 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by kingjoe(m): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
please i want someone to help me  in making a choice between a toyota camry 2000 or 2001 or a honda accord 2003 or2004. please in terms of cost, fuel consumption and maintenance . i will be very grateful,
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by chelseabmw(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
pls go for the toyota camry 2001 model

because of ladies honda accord

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by luvinhubby(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
The fuel comsumption of both are virtually the same, Camry is slightly stronger and more durable but accord EOD is far cheaper to maintain, based on our local Nigeria context considering the cost of living, accord is better.

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by destined82: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
Camry does it better
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by mustspin: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
chelseabmw:

can u please read this again and see if it makes sense to u too

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Tolulop001(f): 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
luvinhubby:

The fuel comsumption of both are virtually the same, Camry is slightly stronger and more durable but accord EOD is far cheaper to maintain, based on our local Nigeria context considering the cost of living, accord is better.

not sure about bolded,

Auto parts for Honda are costlier than Toyota, however Toyota cars are more expensive to buy.

I'd personally go for Toyota.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by kemmeye: 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
an overall rating for the camry was 4 stars but the honda was 5 stars. so i guess its up to you but personally i think the honda is better

1 Like

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by pinkrex(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2011
luvinhubby:

Big lies o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Fuel consumption of accord and camry the same? angry

Camry is better for our roads, cheaper to maintain(even cheaper parts and servcing) and it also consumes less fuel.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by kabukabu50(m): 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2011
kingjoe:

please i want someone to help me  in making a choice between a toyota camry 2000 or 2001 or a honda accord 2003 or2004. please in terms of cost, fuel consumption and maintenance . i will be very grateful,

Really

Instead of starting this thread you could have easily done a search through the "Yahoo Nairaland custom search" and found that , THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ON NAIRALAND QUITE A LOT OF TIMES sad, you don't need to come up here asking us to make the decision for you,do your due diligence ,do your homework and use the internet, use edmunds,use google,use kelly blue book,use motor trend,use auto trader, stop wasting our time and your time, some folks on here don't even have bicycles yet they'll advise you on "BUYING A CAR"

Don't be lazy and search the internet, it should'nt take more than 10 minutes to find good comparison reviews and opinions from "professional car reviewers" on the internet grin
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by vitality22(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2011
Bros, Camry all the way
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by igbo2011(m): 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2011
Innoson

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by cbjonstage(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2011
mustspin:

I NO FIT LAUGH smiley
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by kofomii: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2011
Honda accord is better; cheaper to maintain and available cheap parts any time anyday any where
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by lawmanlala(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
I would definitely go for Toyota Camry. It is stronger and easier to maintain
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
kabukabu50:

Really

Instead of starting this thread you could have easily done a search through the "Yahoo Nairaland custom search" and found that , THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED ON NAIRALAND QUITE A LOT OF TIMES sad, you don't need to come up here asking us to make the decision for you,do your due diligence ,do your homework and use the internet, use edmunds,use google,use kelly blue book,use motor trend,use auto trader, stop wasting our time and your time, some folks on here don't even have bicycles yet they'll advise you on "BUYING A CAR"

Don't be lazy and search the internet, it should'nt take more than 10 minutes to find good comparison reviews and opinions from "professional car reviewers" on the internet grin

ChillaX , it's just a thread to have fun with.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by sylve11: 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
mustspin:

lol grin cool
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
I don't get it - this same topic's been done to death on Nairaland, a quick search would find several similar threads.

Yet this one makes the Home page.  
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by abubaka(m): 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2011
@kingjoe,

Nice question.

I used Honda Accord (2002 model) and it was really ok,cos i bought it as tokunbo. I used it for 1yr6mnths(i dnt use tokunbo more than 2yrs so dat they wld stil ve value wen sellin).The fuel economy is ok,spare parts are relatively cheap,and due to good condition of roads in the north,i neva had any problem till i sold it.
I bought it 1.35m and i sold it 980k.

I later bought mercedes C230 kompressor. It was equally ok but i sold it after 3months of usage due to gear problem.

I then bought Camry 2001 Model (american model),which am still using and the honest truth is,u cant even compare it with Honda Accord 2002 interms of softness,engine performance,fuel economy(which is d greatest asset of that vehicle),spare parts are relatively cheap,stronger than honda.The inbuilt sound system wit the speakers is the bomb (didnt even change after i bought the car).
What would amaze u with dis vehicle is wen u downshift while driving,the engine sound never change,only d movement changes.
The air conditioner is the BEST, hardly use level 2,am always on low due to its coldness.
Fuel tank is 60ltrs and u can go to 200km with just d fuel reserve level, am luvin dis car,

the headlights have a sensor,so u dnt bother putting it on the dashboard nd headlights manually. the moment is evening or the weather is kind of getting dark,the lights goes ON automatically, U wil luv dis car.

11 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nymphnode(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
igbo2011:

Innoson
grin
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
chelseabmw:

My Guy wetin u dey write na grin

2 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by RickyRoss1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2011
Both Honda and Toyota make really good cars, but the Toyota Camry is better, You can always follow your heart.
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by RickyRoss1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2011
igbo2011:

Innoson

Not a bad idea at all. I plan buying one of their SUV's as Xmas gift for my uncle. I like to patronize Nigerian products,
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
Camry is the King of Toyota saloon Cars to me sha, Datz the only Toyota ride i can use, Love them to death. But am Benz and BMW man, Cuz of my Social Status!!! wink
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by igbogolo: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2011
Honda accord drives and feels much much better than the camry. I used an accord for 5 years and I did not even change the radiator water for one day. The car never broke down for one day and it served me very well.

I then drove the camry 2007 model and was very disappointed. I felt like I was driving a bus. The 2001 camry is also very good but its honda for me any day.

I like the camry air conditioning though.

9 Likes

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by kabukabu50(m): 5:57pm On Sep 22, 2011
jidegirl12:

ChillaX , it's just a thread to have fun with.

Its been done over and over again, honeybun, no need for us to dive into it again, the OP is just being lazy grin

Siena:

I don't get it - this same topic's been done to death on Nairaland, a quick search would find several similar threads.

Yet this one makes the Home page.  

Yep, I knew someone else would notice it, I mean seriously this thread is a waste of time, over two of the most BORING PIECE OF CRAP cars ever, seriously who fawns over choosing between a Camry and Accord, they are both bland,sorry and uninspiring as a DOORMAT
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by slex(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
Camry 2001 is by far 10 times cheaper to maintain and the Accord like a poster said , for ladies buy the Honda
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by kabukabu50(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
The best two cars ever made by Toyota and Honda are these, Toyota Supra and Honda NXS-R.Period. grin
Accords and Camrys are for the elderly,mothers with babies and Chinese people. cool

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by MMM2(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2011
toyota
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by Exponental(m): 6:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
Toyota rugged pass honda, parts of Toyota lesser dan honda of d same level, but honda 2003 to toyota 2001, expect more efizzy in 03 honda
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by WebSurfer(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by freshmind: 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
I drive a 2001 toyota camry, my wife drive a 2000 Honda Accord. In terms of fuel consumption, they are basically the same. Toyota is stronger and cheaper to maintain. Honda parts are more expensive than Toyota parts. Go to Ladipo market at Mushin and check out the prices of parts for both cars and see for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry by freshmind: 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
Toyata got a smoother drive than Honda. Once you drive a toyota, you may never want to try a Honda. My wife prefer driving my 2001 toyota camry to her 2000 Honda Accord.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Phase Out Tokunbo Cars / Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.