Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System (5461 Views)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P / Unaab Recruitment / Vacancy At Unaab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
Recently,l was invited for an interview at uni of agriculture,Abeokuta,l did very wel at the interview(scored 56/60) but was denied a placement because Federal character commission says that my state quota has been filled.My question:Should academic position in university b based on merit or quota system?[url][/url]
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 5:51am On Sep 22, 2011
Come on,felow NLer,lets say something abt dis so call quota system that promotes mediocre in our educationally system
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Plutarch: 7:49am On Sep 22, 2011
U must be an indigene of Ogun State. The thing is that indigenes of d state with long legs hv filled most spaces in d past. Most of d recruitment done in d past favored pple from ogun n neighbouring state so d sch being a fed one hv not obeyed fed xter as done in every fed establishment. They stated enforcing that like 2yrs ago. Feel sorry 4 u bro. I dislike fed xter n prefer merit
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2011
@Plutarch,fortunately,lam fr one of d northcentral state.The advert specificaly encouraged candidate fr my region to apply.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Plutarch: 8:35am On Sep 22, 2011
Ok,i see. That u r from NC is anoda disadvantage 'cos of that VC. He was a DVC in unilorin. I can reliably tell u that the man brought many pple from ilorin to d sch n ilorin happen to be NC. BTW,how do u get to see your interview score?
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by afroxyz: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2011
Plz what the salary of a graduate assistant in a federal university. Am thinking of apply for lecturership while doing my masters in my school.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2011
@Plutarch,l knew one of d panel member,so,he kinda told me my score
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nothing bad in quota system in as much as every parties are equally represented.It was developed as an anti-dote against the domination of the southerners on the northerners during the colonial period.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by eniolufe(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nothin Bad with Quota system? may be when it favours you. on the other hand when it doesnt, its very baddddddooooo LOL!!!! wink
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2011
Duke007:

[size=17pt]Federal character commission ?[/size] [url][/url]

WE ARE IN TROUBLE
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Seun34: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
That is naija for u sad
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by nolongTing: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2011
Duke007:

Recently,l was invited for an interview at uni of agriculture,Abeokuta,l did very wel at the interview(scored 56/60) but was denied a placement because Federal character commission says that my state quota has been filled.My question:Should academic position in university b based on merit or quota system?[url][/url]

It should be based on MERIT that way the University students will be taught by the BEST academics available. A Quota system in the context of education is discriminatory, encourages mediocracy and ultimately leads to a fall in standards.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Obinoscopy(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
I'm in support of federal character but I'm opposition to sacrificing merit on the altar of federal characterI'm in support of federal character but I'm opposition to sacrificing merit on the altar of federal character
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by JUO(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2011
my broda i will advise u to create job for yourself, forget employment
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by tunnytox(m): 1:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nothing new! This has happened to me twice first in 1996 with the Corporate Affairs Commision, despite coming from Oyo state where their new branch is based I was swept aside in favour of northerners who were not even part of the interview!
The story was even worse in 2001 I was offered a role after passing through series of interview by the CBN to recruit Chartered Accountants but after waiting in vain for my appointment letter to arrive I decided to follow it up only to be told that there are too many successful applicants from Oyo state so they decided to remove my name from new appointees has I really do not have any 'sponsor'
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Kolababa: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
Quota system is nothing but a trash. When I was serving in north as a teacher, one of my students in SS1 was playing truancy and I took time to sit him down in my staffroom trying to counsel him on how to take his study seriously. When I said that in Nigeria today, if you dont have proper education, you are nobody. The guy called Seidu Tukur took me on and said "Oga, dont deceive yourself, if you like let your people from south go get proffessor and I get schl cert from north, na the same place we go work.
That is the orientation our northern brothers have.
BOKO HARAM!
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by sheyguy: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
Quota syst is everywhere as far as i know. How do u xplain VCs of most fed sch.s coming from region where d sch is. If we all start recounting our xpriences with "qouta syst" then we wovld hardly tolerate each other.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by olabukola: 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2011
Kolababa:

"Oga, dont deceive yourself, [b]if you like let your people from south go get proffessor and I get schl cert from north, na the same place we go work.[/b]That is the orientation our northern brothers have.
BOKO HARAM!
And that is the bitter truth. That is why i laugh when some of us think that Ibos lost the war. The south lost the war in reality.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Akanbiedu(m): 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2011
Federal character is not a bad idea, but shouldn't be applied to some jobs. Lecturing readily comes to mind.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by CHIMSKY(m): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
Duke 007,welcome to Nigeria.The land where Princes trek and slaves ride on horseback.Its a pity.I was just denied a job about 2 weeks ago for the same reason.I was told my score at the test and interview were fantastic.The people who denied me actually asked me to get a letter from my senator or Representative.Unfortunately,that's the way life goes around these parts.sad
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
The reply am getting is fatanstic but then shouldn't someone made it clear to our policy maker than  academic jobs in d university,polytechnic,COE Should b strictly base on merit.Somebody gotta standup and fight dis injustice in dis goddam country where d normal is abnormal and viceversa
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2011
The intentions of the framers of this quota thingy were good, in that they wished to prevent discrimination of a particular section. However, when such quotas become a hindrance to obtaining the best minds (whether in university admissions or in electing a president), it becomes a huge impediment to societal progress.

This federal character issue should be made subservient to merit and capability, such that posts are first filled by the most competent individuals. Any excess can be allocated based on quota.

Anyway, I thank God the place I work emphasises merit over such primordial factors, else I probably wouldn't have been employed.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by nadkaf: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2011

Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System
« #11 on: Today at 01:19:19 PM »

Quote from: Duke007 on Yesterday at 08:58:31 PM

It should be based on MERIT that way the University students will be taught by the BEST academics available. A Quota system in the context of education is discriminatory, encourages mediocracy and ultimately leads to a fall in standards.

i think it's mediocrity,
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Exponental(m): 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
Xtics of 9ja.
If asked who filled it, den u c d likes of political nominees, obas noms n d rest.
God pass dem!
Lets add ds 2 prayers: may d works of their hands extend 2 their generations unborn.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by 50samuel(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2011
Plz what was the nature aptitute test is it gmat or wot because am having the test on wednesday 28-09. And how may days was d interval btw the aptitude test and the oral interview
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
@50Samuel,u dont need a gmath/fmath.d test is strictly professional.u would b asked practical question on ur field of study.lt is like waec theory,b ready to write &write.lt wil take like 1month after d test b4 ur interview.gudluck.
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by 50samuel(m): 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
Duke007,thanx in million. One more question: is their any curent affairs question?
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
@50Samuel,nope!
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by Duke007(m): 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2011
@50Samuel,Nope!
Re: Denied Employment At Unaab Because Of Federal Quota System by ntesat: 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
U can start making some little money just to keep u going for another job interview by sharing your knowledge with others on http://answeram.com/index.php/how-it-works

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Exemption Letter / Grant Thornton Nigeria Job Recruitment 2017 (7 Vacant Positions) / Who Else Got This (miraton Matador Group)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.