Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. (4194 Views)

I Was Given N200 After Been Raped - 15year Old Girl / Family Demands Body Of 11-yr-old Girl Whose Guardian Raped To Death (Pictured) / 21-yr-old Fresh Graduate Raped To Death In Ogijo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by chioma134: 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
Hello nairalanders,
I started this thread to share my experience,and to know other's experiences too.
It was on campus,just one month after I first resumed. I was returning from a fellowship program. I was singing joyfully,and walking alone in the dark,around 9pm. I didn't know the university was notorious for r-a-p-e and other vices. I had studied in another uni for 2 years b4 gaining admission into this one,and in my former school,u could walk alone by 1am with no fear of any evil.
I noticed a young man,probably a student,walking behind me. He wore a blue shirt,jeans and sneakers. I ddn't give him much thought,and continued my singing. I had walked quite a reasonable distance when I suddenly felt a strong hand gripping me tightly on my throat. The other hand covered my mouth. I tried to scream,but couldn't. He dragged me into the bush,and forced himself on me,strangling me intermittently,and only releasing his iron grip when he felt the life going out of me. Told me,he had nearby accomplices,that he would alert them to come and have their share if I continued struggling. Told me he would throw me into a nearby pit. Can remember his words,"open ur legs,open ur legs. I will shoot u if u don't. I have a gun." I replied,"pls don't shoot me. I've not done it b4. I'm a virgin." When he poured,he stood up,asked 4 my name,hostel add,dept. Told me "his name,hostel and dept"(turned out to be fake),and said he wanted to be my friend cos,in his words,I was a good girl and didn't deserve this. Left me in the bush,taking my Bible and shoe with him.
I came out of the bush,barefoot,with torn clothes,crying,and saw a girl in front the church beside the bush. She took me to her house(did not allow me into her compd),gave me a wrapper,and gave me bike money to my hostel. I was lucky,NEPA took light and I entered the hostel under the cover of darkness. Told only one of my friends who wept for me. I bled as if I was menstruating,did not sleep a wink the whole night. I was numb,I couldn't even cry. My other friends doubted my story when they saw my black eye,bruises and sand-filled hair the ff morning. I told them I fell down.
Went home 2 days later and told my mum who took me to a hospital. Was given some antibiotics. Dad was enraged,but could do nothing.
It's been some years now,and God has healed my pain. I've been unable to open up to friends due to the usual skepticism. I even dated a guy who thought he was doing me a favour by dating someone who had been r-a-p-e-d.
If there's anyone who has had a similar experience,pls share it here.
My apologies for the long write-up.
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2011
Wow
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by Roland17(m): 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
So many have been R.a.ped and sexually abused, but its very difficult for victims to share their experiences, they live with so much pain and find it hard to forgive themselves, its very difficult for victims, especially in an African society that stigmatizes. it has become an indelible scar in their lives.

daily, people are still Ra, ped even by their husbands, its a very sad reality.
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by HighChief4(m): 1:16am On Sep 22, 2011
R.a.pe is worse than nuclear weapon. I read about the 16yr old Nigerian that was ra.ped by the Lybian rebels the other day, too bad
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by MMM2(m): 1:28am On Sep 22, 2011
why should a man rape 4 GOD sake why should a man rape 4 GOD sake
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by cicero(m): 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2011
I'm very glad to know you have received healing and have moved on.

It is terrible where we are headed,
See all the headlines?
The signs don't look good at all. your story is just one among millions of such wickedness all over the world, human beings happy to satisfy their wicked desires at the expense of some other persons pain. It is not different from what our politicians are doing, their level of lying and cheating is humongous, of very indescribable proportions. Now teenagers and young adults have followed suit and the society adequately protects and caters for these deviant behaviors.
I have read in newspapers of teenagers asking questions about their sexual relationships and getting answers from the so called aunties, instead of their immoral behaviors being condemned. Now there are so many children born without sound parental guidance.
Now 'stealing' of human beings in form of kidnap seems to have been accepted by our leaders as part of the characteristics of a developing nation.

Today I read Tonto Dike say she is misunderstood by the 'unexposed' meaning only the unexposed misunderstand her lifestyle of indiscipline. So it is common to see people refusing to condemn evil because they want to sound exposed.
We are living in a time of unimaginable immorality, heartless criminality, blatant lies by both old and young, satisfaction of dark desires at all cost, lack of value for human life, fathers and mothers bereft of truth, decency and wisdom, all manner of desecration and lawlessness.

People are stacking ill-gotten wealth for the future and championing the freedom of anyone who is living in self destruction to do so as of right. I wonder if there will be any future.
The sshit is hitting the fan already and we seem to be reaping the dividends of years of disobedience by the old who bequeathed it on the young, who will in turn leave it as a legacy for those after them.
The exuberance of youth will not see the dangers, but the calmness of the old may see it, but in regret as the past their wasted in disobedience and selfishness.

I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT A TIME WILL COME AND NOW IS, WHEN THE MAJORITY WILL REALIZE THAT EVERY KNOWN INSTITUTION HAS FAILED. NOW THEY WILL TURN TO THE WORD OF GOD AND REALIZE ONLY ESCAPE IS IN JESUS CHRIST.
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by BootyOnMe: 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2011
Satan has conquered the world with Nigerians in it, some are still disturbing the poor Jesus they killed with their own wickedness. Wonders! I hope he never comes to save them. Let them suffer FOR EVER!

Amen!

@Topic
Thanks for sharing.
Glad you are doing ok. kiss
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by oderemo(m): 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
@op, GOD be with u.
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by chioma134: 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ode remo,BootyOnme,High-chief,MMM,Reality101,Roland17,Cicero,thanks for empathizing and for ur prayers. May evil not come to u or ur families IJN. Amen.
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by RuuDie(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2011
@ OP,

My utmost sincerest commiserations. . . . .& you being able to share this, indeed time has made you stronger and you can only get better as an individual as you grow.
Re: If You've Ever Been Raped, Share Ur Experience Here. by fujirice: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2014
For those of you that has commented thus far, I didn't get the part where the op said, "share your sermon here"
Is it just me or some of us have comprehension issues or the urge to share a sermon is enormous? I'm confused!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Woman Suffers Injuries While Trying To Escape From Two Rapists (graphic Photo) / Abuja Boils As Police Man Kills Colleague, Girl Friend And Self(see Photo) / Covid19:hidden Camera Spots Chinese Citizens Beating Africans(nigerians)to Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.