Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Boarding House Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding House Life (1207 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life / Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarding House Life by baby4u2(f): 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
After many years of being out of my beloved Federal Government Girls College in Nigeria, I cant help but reminisce of my many happy, sad, and shoulda woulda coulda days in school. A few of the stuff I keep on pondering about:

1. How I was bitten black and blue:[/color] See me see wahala, this senior sent me on an errand to buy something from the "tuck shop" (cafeteria or should i say store). I was even angry to begin with, that she sent me to buy something. I should have held the money tight because it was starvation period (a period were most of the students provisions have run out) and a lot of thiefs operate at that time. Lo and behold one second I blinked and the money was missing. I couldnt go back to the senior because I knew it will not be a nice ending. After a long while, the senior came down to my block (we had senior and junior side) to look for me. Long and short of the story she found me, took me over to senior side and I got the bitttttttttting of my life. No one has ever bitten me the way this senior bit me. I mean i was squatting, picking pin, kneeling, lying facing down (our various types of punishment). Upon that, come see bitten. I reported oh, only to my father, because at that time it was a tyrant run school oh, report senior more bitting. My father promised hell upon the senior. The next session I went back to school, nothing nothing oh, my father dropped me in school the and waved bye.  grin

2. A riot to remember:[/i][color=#770077] I dont know how we girls turned the school into a war zone, but it happened. A junior girl was rude to a senior, beginning of the matter. Wetin come concercin us for the matter? That's not the seniors business oh. All junior girls, I mean all, from JSS1 to JSS3 were carried over to the senior side for punishment. Some junior girls decided they had had enough and I cant even explain what happened, but the next thing I knew, junior girls were all running out of the senior block. If you were caughtt, you were severely bitten. I dont know how i managed to enjoy it, my sister was crying all over the place looking for me, but me i was busy running and laughing. At the end of the day the junior girls ran to the front of the prinicipals house singing, "all we are saying, let us go home". The whole school was sent home for 2weeks, a nice break indeed.  smiley

3. A term we call massacre[i]
[/color]: Dont make a mistake and get rude to a senior girl and find yourself on the senior side at night, cause you will get what? Massacred. A term we used for bitting with no proof of the culprit. This is how it goes down. You do something wrong, and a senior/s want to deal with you. You get tricked to coming down to the senior side. When you enter their dorms to look for whoever sent for you, the light gets switched off from no where and what, pratatata from left right center, you are being bitten in the dark. The next thing the light comes on and you see yourself on the floor, with seniors, reading books, dressing up, going about their business like nothing happened. No body to put the blame on. Father I thank you that I didnt get caught.  wink

4. Going away celebration:[/i][color=#770077]
Hmm, we junior girls were mean oh. when the seniors are about to pass out, we'll list all the wicked ones and their shortcomings, formulate a wicked song for them, and make sure we give them a piece of our mind. But oh my God, if you were not bold dont try singing oh, cause we knew that it wont come to a nice ending. After many sets of knowing what the seniors do, one terrible set decided to deal with the bold junior singers. I can proudly say, I was not bold, lol. Mennnnnnnnnnnnn, after the juniors went over to the senior side to do their presentation, yabbed and sang, even added awards sef, this seniors locked the gate  shocked, come see bitten and punishment. Wow, some came back with swollen eye and lips, and I slept easy that night, knowing that I will never sing to a senior iin my life. Never.

5. Food time:[i]
[color=#770077][/color] If you are a junior girl, be on your table early or by the door of the dinning hall, enough said. Cause this gluttons called senior girls were out to show you that they dont feed them well at home. A pot of food meant for ten students, will be massacred by one senior, I mean one person to eat. Anyway as I became a senior, I began to do thesame, but I shared the food oh with others, I was not as bad. Plus we were doing home economics class, so we use to pluck spinach from the back of our dorms and cook with our small stove, so there was no need for that behavior. lol

This wicked seniors will not try coming back to school to collect their result cause we were out to get them. I have so much more stories men, boarding house was the bomb. I am glad i experienced that life sometimes, it made me who I am. I will say many more stories with other postings cause I dont want to take all the thread space.

So whats your story boarders?
Re: Boarding House Life by fredostika(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2011
I attended FGC Abuja.
There was this immediate senior (house captain) that flogged me on my back and up till now, the scare is still in my back. And I graduated a long time ago.

What I still ponder upon till now is the level of organisation my school father's set had.
The atmosphere was so tense then.
They were like soldiers.
If the head boy entered the Dining room, immediately everyone would keep quite.
His subordinates (i mean other prefects of his set) would always come around and re-enforce absolute respect for the head boy. With their leather belt, they roam about saying "Absolute Silence!" And the head boy was seen as a figure to admire.
I really admired their set. Everyone, even the SS 2 students would shake and tremble at the sight of a very small SS 3 student.

That was my JS 1.

But My set, (that is when I reached SS3) I was so irritated, they could not even command an SS2 student to fetch water out of fear. And those that could would not even make sure thier mates were respected. I mean there was no cooperation and organization that when we were about to pass out, a muslim junior (SS2) almost beheaded my friend with a cutlass and the other SS2 students were against us just because one of us ALLEGEDLY flogged a teacher.

I also wouldnt forget my friends (now on facebook).
Re: Boarding House Life by baby4u2(f): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
Fredostika, you boys I know always had it worse. But i tell you, my seniors were terrorist. I mean they were particularly in school to instill fear in our system.

Funny thing is that, when I got to SS2, they changed our principal and the new one did not take nonsense, you touch a junior girl, you are suspended/expelled. So we could not even try it. I was not like them anyway, and can never be like my seniors. I knew for sure that no one could bully me, and from time to time I use to shout/send my juniors, but nothing more.

Coming to think of it, I remember one of our teachers. This man use to wear sun shades, we started bringing up yeye analogies, that his glasses wear xray and could see your unclothedness. He could floggg ehn, as in, flog blood commot your body. One faithful day I was in SS2 and he flogged our mate till she was bleeding. Ordinary me then, told all our mates not to go to the dinning hall in retaliation. After a day, see how teachers were begging us. My mates came to ask me if we could go ahead and eat, I said yes oh, please they have begged, this is starvation period oh dont get ulcer.

I dont even want to mention what we did to our youth corper teachers. Sagamu, I hail thee.
Re: Boarding House Life by baby4u2(f): 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2011
Odunnu why cant I modify my posts? Please look into that. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Uniabuja Direct Entry / Easy Admission Into Universities In Ghana: +233-540-835-506 And +233-265-122-011 / Studying Tourism In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.