Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,852 members, 7,802,730 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19311 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2012
conyema12: I used to have it.. It is so scary, but I have now discovered the trick about it; I no longer get scared when it happens all I do is to be calm, concentrate and call Jesus.
It happens mostly when am lying on my back.

In as much as it is a natural phenomenon, witches also use it to torment their preys.

Witches, what did you do to this witch, dont tell me you pissed on her gardengrin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by esere826: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2012
mmmmhhhh'
Some people recite quaran, some others call Jesus, while some others just relax.. at the end it goes away.

So since some belive that this is demonic, we can conclude that the devil is afraid of both Allah, Jehova and man. And yet he stupidly sneaks in to pull a fast one.

This particular demon apparently has one common goal then: to make imams, pastors and doctors very rich as they charge consultancy fees to the op-'pressed' grin

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by donigspain(m): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2012
deols: It must be hard being a witch.

You leave your comfy bed to sleep ontop other pple,preventing them from waking up early as if you have somfn to gain from it.

Then they blame you for all of their life problems even if u know nothing about it.

They wouldnt read for their exams knowing you could be blamed

They would even put their own hands in fire just because you are unlucky to be a relative of theirs.

And when it is time for them to pray,they'll mention your name more than of their beloved ones.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the witch crown.

Are you a witch?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bond777(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
bittyend1:

Give my life to Christ, when Christ said the Kingdom of God lives inside of me?? Shyte, I'm not trying to be "born again," too old for that. I'm trying to grow in God through my consciousness and knowledge of self. I'm a black man and 'heaven' helps those who help themselves.

u can neva achieve much in life without surrendering your life 2 ur maker. He owns d manual of ur life. ur consciousness and knowledge of self is grossly impaired. u need Jesus.

cheers cheesy
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by deols(f): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
esere826: mmmmhhhh'
Some people recite quaran, some others call Jesus, while some others just relax.. at the end it goes away.

So since some belive that this is demonic, we can conclude that the devil is afraid of both Allah, Jehova and man. And yet he stupidly sneaks in to pull a fast one.

This particular demon apparently has one common goal then: to make imams, pastors and doctors very rich as they charge consultancy fees to the op-'pressed' grin

l gave that a thought too.

Well,according to d Islamic religion,you dont have to be Muslim to have your prayers answered.So calling Jesus as u wake up or before the exam u passed doesn't make Jesus God. It is almost a leveled playing field in ds world until the next.

Anyone recited Qursiyy against them demons here? That sure Works
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
esere826: mmmmhhhh'

Dont mind people, thats why native doctors married the most pretty village gurls back then. This disoder will happen to a pretty gurl in her teens or wet dreams and her parents will bundle her to the herbalist. The man will take a good look of her excellent waist or her succulent pointed oranges and scream "she is a spirit from the bottom of the ocean" an abiku or ogbanje that will kill her parents.
He will advice them to remand her in his shrine for 7 days so he can perform some charms on her head. Alas, the girl will be cast out of the wet dream with his "rod" between his leggs.grin grin very serious deliverance operation in his bedroom every night!
He will service this girl for seven days and return her if he does not like her punny, or marry her and warn the parents that this is the only way to save her life from the "strong water wizard" who will kill her if she returns home.
419 had been in existence before the coming of the white man.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by deols(f): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
donigspain:
Are you a witch?
Do you know what a school looks like?
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
tex bab:
yea i knw the feeling, coincidentally it almost happened to me last nyt again. It happened to me several times that i have now knwn when it wants to happen nd what to do to stop it. last nyt, while i lay down to sleep, i felt the experience building up, buh i quickly used all my strength to move my body nd forcefully open my eyes before it took root in me, also changing my sleeping position. trying to sleep again, it started building up again nd after fitghing it off again, i took my bible which was like miles away frm me...looool, prayed- covering myslf with the blood of Jesus and putting the bible under my pillow. i tell u the thing stoped immediately nd i slept soundly. i usually see it as demonic attack, cos the first times i exzperienced it, it really took hold of me so i felt the demons warm hands on my cheeks, laughing sinistally while laid helpless...i could feel it. i understand it usually when these evil pple have seen that something good is coming ur way, they use that means to collect the glory meant for u nd u would miss out on it. please if u have such experiences, dont just relax nd let it go on, fitgh it off cos when they say some pple sleep nd didnt wake up, thats usually what happend to them...they were pressed to death.

Excuse me but pls may I innocently ask these questions?
How exactly do they collect your glory?
What exactly is ur glory and how is it made manifest?
Is it that ur glory is sent from heaven while u are sleeping?
Does ur glory then enter ur body while asleep since it may come to u then?
Is it even possible for them to steal ur glory because the word glory usually symbolises something greatly divine which i would have assumed the demons wouldn't be able to come near let alone steal?
And how is it even possible for them to steal something God has mailed to u?

Pls answer these questions with references to the bible.

Until then i shall call it extreamely stupid big for nothing lies for kindergarten kids.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by mrman2(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2012
my grandma in the village told me that it happens when a wall gehco is directly above you or passes by your bed when you're asleep.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 6:50pm On Sep 10, 2012
mr_man: my grandma in the village told me that it happens when a wall gehco is directly above you or passes by your bed when you're asleep.

Please call her and ask her how the wall gecko got so much muscle to hold you down on the bedgrin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by ajf(m): 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
It happens to me a lot most especially when I've had a tiring day. Next time when it happens to you, just try to be calm as much as possible because the more you try to fight it the longer it lasts...
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by uchlukez(f): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
Does the 'demon' press u with electric or charcoal iron grin #justasking
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
ajf: It happens to me a lot most especially when I've had a tiring day. Next time when it happens to you, just try to be calm as much as possible because the more you try to fight it the longer it lasts...

Yes, be calm, you can even be reading newspaper when it is happening.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Damon03(m): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
I used to experience this too, its very disturbing. Its good to recite quranic verses or read the bible but this sleeping paralysis of a thing is purely physical. Sleep on your right side nt on ur back or your left(dont put ur weight on ur heart). If you still experience it then just try to go back to sleep and u'll be suprised how easy you'll wake up.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by ajf(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
talatu.talatu:
My dear forget oyibo theories. they call it sleeping paralysis buy i call it "being pressed by a demon". if it was sleeping paralysis how come when you Shout JESUS it stops?? it happened to me so much as a child, but its has kinda stopped now, u need to be more prayerful and believe God to deliver you from the hands of demons.... Pray before you go to bed and commit yourself in the hands of Jesus. this world is desperately wicked and only God can save us.
Dandonu... Even if you don't shout Jesus you will still wake up and between,if you can shout Jesus doesn't that tell you that you were already almost awake??
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2012
uchlukez: Does the 'demon' press u with electric or charcoal iron grin #justasking

The demon is from the press, he wants to interview them grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by naffysa(f): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
May Allah protect us from demons amin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by esere826: 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2012
@van bonattel
U mean that this particular demon also bequeaths the village's native priest with the most gorgeous damsel!!!!

............mmmmmhhhh undecided
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
Damon03: I used to experience this too, its very disturbing. Its good to recite quranic verses or read the bible but this sleeping paralysis of a thing is purely physical. Sleep on your right side nt on ur back or your left(dont put ur weight on ur heart). If you still experience it then just try to go back to sleep and u'll be suprised how easy you'll wake up.

This guy is here to give you wrong advice so he can come back and press you down at night, check his user name grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by vanbonattel: 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2012
esere826: @van bonattel
U mean that this particular demon also bequeaths the village's native priest with the most gorgeous damsel!!!!

............mmmmmhhhh undecided

True, if we can rewind back 100 years ago, my profession of choice will be native doctor, na god go save all those girls for ma hand. And to make matters worse, there was no bra or blouse back then! Kai damburuba!grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
van bonattel:

This guy is here to give you wrong advice so he can come back and press you down at night, check his user name grin
grin grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nacotic(m): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2012
I used 2experience it a lot growing up n twas quite scary, 4al dose sayn its one witch or devil pressn u dats a lie, I read up on it n found out dat d body wakes up in stages so it happens wen ur brain is awake but ur body is stil asleep so d simple remedy is 2 sleep face down, it never happns wen u sleep dat way.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by queenbinteo: 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2012
donigspain: Wait a sec!
If almost everyone attests to have experienced this weird situation which we believe is more spiritual (demonic) than scientific/metaphysical, does it mean every nigerian household has got atleast one resident witch/wizard?
ROTFLMO!!!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Damon03(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2012
Lwtmb.... This guy is funny o. Damon is my username nt demon o. And its just an honour to Damon salvatore, but i digress.
van bonattel:

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bigfrancis21: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2012
2buff: It is a partial disconnect between body and soul. Your body is still in dream state....
Your soul checked out of dream-mode early, only to find out that it's car (the body) no wan gree start grin

Usually during REM. REM is a point were you transfer from consciousness to unconsciousness or vice versa.
It is also at this point that one is sometimes more sensitive to extra-dimensional happenings.

Most times, u dont notice anything out of the ordinary, but Some have overheard discussions or have heard people mocking them or, for some, have even seen some crazy stuff while in this state. I think the latter of those would clearly be the most troubling given the helpless state of the person.

But I think those that see things are usually those who totally succumb to fear. Fear is a great enabler of the enemy and the source of most of his influence.
If you have no fear, you know what it is, so u just chill and wait it out.

I have noticed though that this only happens when I finally fall asleep too early in the morning after a long day/night of not sleeping i.e. 6+ am.

Let me also quickly add that at the sleep paralysis stage, the soul is half-way in the body and at that point it is usually easy to consciously leave the body at that time. Note that we all unconsciously leave our bodies at one time or the other during sleep but conscious leaving of the body is another thing.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
Egba girl:

But this one isnt about someone choking me o. Im just trynna wake up but I cant. I cant move any part of my body (almost like a stroke type thing)
Did you go through the link or you just read the first comment?
SMH...

Oya, na demon press you na..
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sucezTP(f): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2012
druid06:

Experienced something like that too twice. I was a young lad then. I was having an afternoon nap and it was time for me to wake up but couldn't. I was conscious of my body but couldn't open my eyes or move any part of my body. I almost went into a panic attack subconciously and on the first occassion I woke myself up, the other I was lucky that my father was just arriving from work, I could hear the car pull up the drive way, I could hear when he opened the door to the living room then my room and I tried waking up from this slumber till he shook me to wake up. It was kinda scary and weird. I never shared my experience with this to anyone. It's nice to know that there're people out there who has experienced this.

Infact, i was forced to open the thread, after seeing the topic..
It has happened to me many a time and, i never bothered asking the reasons for it..
I've been thinking its a form of reflex action..
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2012
Happened to me twice. The first time was really scary, i felt like i was dying. I was asking God to forgive me for all my sins. I told someone about it and the person said it was cus of the cobwebs. undecidedundecided
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2012
musKeeto: Topic was discussed extensively here
Of course, those who believe in demons and the like refused to shake their useless delusions...

on the above thread you mentioned, the OP is talking about feeling being choked and pressed down by someone while sleeping, NOT being in a coma like state.

@thread
has happened to me before, sometimes i can get out of it and move again, and sometimes not.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by virginvampire(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
it depends on the level of or.gas.m.....it is not a paralysis...its common among serial wa.n.kers grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by sconsults: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2012
This condition is caused by a demon of the 5th realm of the spiritual world called succubus nateresmisamati who make use of the human body to satisfy his onerous carnal desires.it occurs when a person is in a low energy state because your sheilds are down especially if you are a spiritually weak person.the cure for this is full frontal assult on the demon through the power of the holy spirit.sleep with a miror close to your bed or if you are a muslim recite ayatul kursi before you sleep.ihave personally met with this demon and he offered me a meal of human soul which i refused after my good friend angel justin intervaned. Beware of rhis demon.

[size=14pt]the greatest trick of the devil is to make you belive he doesnt exist grin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Remedy To Ease Drunkenness. / 52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19 / Bathing Every Day Not The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.