Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience (19314 Views)

Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) / Sleeping Paralysis And It's Solution / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by esere826: 8:12am On Sep 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

lol my disbelief has NOTHING to do with the "white man" but everything to do with common sense. God designed our bodies to be among the most magnificent and unpredictable on the planet.
There are things that our bodies do that we cannot explain but in place of "not knowing" we don't have to automatically claim it is the result of some demonic force! lol.
i have always had my eyes open during these episodes and NOT ONCE have i seen or experienced strange visions of ghosts and demons lol.
i was just a woman/girl trapped and unable to move for a few seconds. grin

shocked Chineke!!!!
I bind all seductive snake spirits that seek to pump testeromone through the male vein in jesus name angry
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 11, 2012
berem: dying in silence? Oya wait u sef go experience am soon!
I beg ooo, I no won experience am oo grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by soledadd: 8:19am On Sep 11, 2012
I thought other people do not experience it. If it happens i try to shout Jesus or i will try and move anypart of my body then i will b free. No longer scared of it.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2012
What the medics call Sleep Paralysis is beyond science and religion, it can better be explained in mystical terms. It is a condition where your physical body goes out of alignment with the human soul. Consciousness lies with the soul, and it becomes aware of the immediate environments, both physical and astral. It is the first step to what is termed Astral Projection only for those who know how to travel within that body which is not physical. The creatures you see are actually either your mind (hallucinations) or astral beings, you can hear sounds of dead loved ones or even people speaking from a distance, cos with the soul there is no physical barrier. I also experienced it and was scared before I understood what it is, right now, I wait for it to occur cos I know how to make greater use of that natural state, or I make it happen when I wanna travel the world within. Astral Projection, Out of Body Experience and Soul Travel are naturally possible if you harness the natural potentials. And it is exactly where our scientist go for that inner knowledge of truth which assists in discoveries. I have been taught many things while in that state. And I truthfully know who I am today, is based on being able to explore the worlds within the universe as light at the speed of light. We are energy beings.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Damon03(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2012
Billyonaire: It is a condition where your physical body goes out of alignment with the human soul. Consciousness lies with the soul, and it becomes aware of the immediate environments, both physical and astral. It is the first step to what is termed Astral Projection only for those who know how to travel within that body which is not physical. I also experienced it and was scared before I understood what it is, right now, I wait for it to occur cos I know how to make greater use of that natural state, or I make it happen when I wanna travel the world within. Astral Projection, Out of Body Experience and Soul Travel are naturally possible if you harness the natural potentials. And it is exactly where our scientist go for that inner knowledge of truth which assists in discoveries. I have been taught many things while in that state. And I truthfully know who I am today, is based on being able to explore the worlds within the world.
I think I like this approach.

And for those that pray, shout a name or whatever, like i said its good to pray but the only reason it doesnt happen when you pray is cos u are nt afraid of it. Fear always magnify things in our minds.
Damon03: Best thing is to relax and u'll be back 'together'. By the way nt being afraid of it anymore kinda worked for me. It stopped happening years agoafter knowing that i'm nt the only one experiencing it.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by pantheon: 9:27am On Sep 11, 2012
There's an interesting short film about Sleep Paralysis called Dead Pretty. From my knowledge it's a condition in which you feel trapped in your body and hallucinate that you're in danger and things are happening around you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyOgkg3bYNk
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by buston01: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2012
Hmmmm! it do happens to me and i thought it was demonic until i made research on it. The positive side comes if you can make good use of it e.g "Lucid dreams". where you can control the nature from the supernatural (Its spiritual anyway) and for me i use the power of Holy spirit to control from the supernatural. This is a border between sleeping and being awake that you are conscious of whats happening in your dreams, which you can have total control over. Histories had it that great scientists do use it to create their dreams to aid their inventions and for more information i think i will advice you to watch a film called "inception" by Leonardo Dicarpio
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Anvaller: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2012
Hahahaha... it is funny to find out that this happens to alot of ppl. I thought it was only me. The only difference is that it never bothered me. I never attributed to evil spirit or demon or anything mystical, normally I'd just wake up breathing a lil bit faster and I'd be like "damn!!! this funny stuff again" I can imagine if u believe in demons, the effect on you will be aggravated by imagining that a demon is locking u down. My own approach is... I know when I am awake and paralysed I just kind of relax and do the 123 count... and whooop! wake up. Although u 'd wake up throwing ur fist in the air, scaring girlfriend or wife next to u on bed but well at least u are awake and well... she'd understand what.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by ojjp: 10:00am On Sep 11, 2012
Believe it or not, it is demonic. prayers and deliverance ll only help u. It happens more in some environment than the other.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by blaise26abj(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2012
@Billyonaire: Don't play with fire. I experienced it when i was younger. I was a voracious reader and started reading mystical books. I read one that taught astral projection. How to connect your spirit man and leave your body while still being aware of ur environment. That night i experienced it. I knew immediately that something was terribly wrong. Did you notice the silver cord? I decided to research the experience more( i was in secondary school then) and i found out something. When God came to earth to talk with Adam, he wasn't in a physical form. He came as a spirit. ADAM had the ability to "legitimately" link his spirit man at will so dat he could communicate with God. After the fall of man, God removed that ability. That is one of the things Jesus came to provide. To provide a legitimate individual link back to God without having to go through prophets/temple. He said, "I am the Way(Link), the Truth and the Light, NOONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME". I strongly believe most people's experiences here is the first step in astral projection. For the guy that said he "sharpally" called his mum, he would have almost died with fright if he completed the process and saw himself on the bed while floating around.

TO Billyonaire: I know i seem religious, but in the quest for knowledge, u need to have a balance. The Bible was written by very enlightened people. Research it too.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nagoma(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2012
I am surprised and somewhat relieved that sleep paralysis is that common. It's still kind of mysterious to me but one thing is sure - the body goes into extreme relaxed state ( kind of paralysis) , this is the REM atonia setting in too early before one is fully asleep or REM atonia persisting longer than usual at waking up time. The hypnagogic hallucinations both auditory and visual experience are very common and most frightening. Prayer can be useful ( and curiously not only Christian prayer that so many posters mentioned in this thread! Muslim prayer works for me - perhaps it's all psychological or God doesn't discriminate) - this is for another thread , sorry.

What I found out to be most useful however , in preventing sleep paralysis attack is to have a short but vigorous exercise ( for about 10 -15 minutes ) just when I am going to bed. It appears to me that building muscle tone reduces the chances of early atonia before REM sets in fully. This just a hypothesis and I have not seen it proven anywhere but I believe it's true.can we work with any of you fellow sufferers to prove this hypothesis? We may not only have a PhD but actually pave a way of preventing or even curing sleep paralysis.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Anvaller: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2012
ojjp: Believe it or not, it is demonic. prayers and deliverance ll only help u. It happens more in some environment than the other.

But please tell me how. Honestly, I will like to read if u have some points. How did u arrive at that conclusion? Has sleeping paralysis actually caused any harm to anybody? All the guys that claimed to have shouted JESUS, do they still experience it after then? The guy that claimed to have read a verse in the Quran, was that the last time he experienced it? Let's be a li'l bit scientific here. If those guys say "I have never experienced it after shouting Jesus or reading quranic verse".. then ur claim might be correct. But that may still not be sufficient for such conclusion because we need to look further into frequency of occurrence.

If u shouted JESUS 2 months ago, and ur frequency of sleeping paralysis is let's say 2ce a year, that means we have to wait until at leastna year or 2 to draw our conclusion that no more experiencing sleeping paralysis is as a result of the efficacy of shouting Jesus or reading a Quranic verse. Therefore we can at that point assume that the person is delivered. Do u have a similar prove... en hey! not a cock&bull story eh!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2012
pantheon: There's an interesting short film about Sleep Paralysis called Dead Pretty. From my knowledge it's a condition in which you feel trapped in your body [size=18pt]and hallucinate that you're in danger and things are happening around you.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyOgkg3bYNk

perfect.

hallucinate (for some)and fear...

fear can bring on many things.
when in fear we at times imagine the situation to be much worse than it is.
as kandiikane said, if your whole life you find yourself blaming the unknown for what you cannot explain, of course you will assume the worse.

But does that make it true? No.

Anvaller:

But please tell me how. Honestly, I will like to read if u have some points. How did u arrive at that conclusion? Has sleeping paralysis actually caused any harm to anybody? All the guys that claimed to have shouted JESUS, do they still experience it after then? The guy that claimed to have read a verse in the Quran, was that the last time he experienced it? Let's be a li'l bit scientific here. If those guys say "I have never experienced it after shouting Jesus or reading quranic verse".. then ur claim might be correct. But that may still not be sufficient for such conclusion because we need to look further into frequency of occurrence.

If u shouted JESUS 2 months ago, and ur frequency of sleeping paralysis is let's say 2ce a year, that means we have to wait until at leastna year or 2 to draw our conclusion that no more experiencing sleeping paralysis is as a result of the efficacy of shouting Jesus or reading a Quranic verse. Therefore we can at that point assume that the person is delivered. Do u have a similar prove... en hey! not a cock&bull story eh!

good points....

i am not trying to knock their beliefs in terms of FAITH but I HAVE NEVER HEARD of anyone going through SLEEP PARALYSIS (including myself as someone who has had the experience many times) being able to TALK or yell aloud. Your entire body is relaxed. You cannot move but you are aware of your surroundings. I have made grunts and at times COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT!

How is it possible for you to be paralyzed and frozen but can recite biblical verses and yell names aloud? grin Come on this is not the exorcism nor a motion picture. It's reality.

LOL...I don't buy it!! Not one bit. I am no atheist but being a believer in God doesn't mean one has to fall for fo0lishness. Spiritual disconnection from body..ok that's cool but demons? grin grin grin
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 11, 2012
ojjp: Believe it or not, it is demonic. prayers and deliverance ll only help u. It happens more in some environment than the other.

Please explain.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by White007(m): 11:03am On Sep 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

perfect.

as kandiikane said, if your whole life you find yourself blaming the unknown for what you cannot explain, of course you will assume the worse.

good points....

i am not trying to knock their beliefs in terms of FAITH but I HAVE NEVER HEARD of anyone going through SLEEP PARALYSIS (including myself as someone who has had the experience many times) being able to TALK or yell aloud. Your entire body is relaxed. You cannot move but you are aware of your surroundings. I have made grunts and at times COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT!

How is it possible for you to be paralyzed and frozen but can recite biblical verses and yell names aloud? grin Come on this is not the exorcism nor a motion picture. It's reality.

LOL...I don't buy it!! Not one bit. I am no atheist but being a believer in God doesn't mean one has to fall for fo0lishness. Spiritual disconnection from body..ok that's cool but demons? grin grin grin

Well Said MsDarkskin

1 Like

Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by nwanioma(f): 11:08am On Sep 11, 2012
wow i thought it was only me oh! It used to happen to me quite often when I was younger, i used to be soo scared, but i learned to stay clam and wait it out. and then i haven't experienced it in a while now. I never even bothered getting more information about it. this thread is interesting.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by gogodaye(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

The ONLY RATIONAL EXPLANATION PROFFERED FOR THIS KINDA SCARY EXPERIENCE...........
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by tushbobo(m): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
The fact is even if u do nothing and stay calm you ll come out of it.It s a protective mechanism like someone on this thread explained.A man without this mechanism almost killed his wife by vigorously punching her while dreaming.
It happens when your body awakes without the brain sending neccessary signals to deactivate the paralysis we all experience while dreaming.
However there is a close yet distant relationship between science and the spiritual. just as Galileo was improsoned for insisting the earth was round many centuries back due to his scientific studies,religion beleived otherwise(religion skipped the verse where it was written 'the spheres of the earth').Science was however proven to be true many years later.
In this case one cannot rule out spiritual forces in some instances but the fact is sleep paralysis is natural occurence which protects us from acting out our dreams.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by scorpio1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
science always has a cunny way of describing spiritual things, thereby deceiving the ignorant ones deeply....this pressing down is always caused by witch/evil attacks..the antidote is to meditate on Jesus once it grips u,in a second or two it will flee.....if it is science, how come it goes away instantly u say Jesus!?
When u survive it, say a prayer protecting that room where u sleep and make a violent decree that the next time they come to attack it will be instant death for them -spiritual and physical death in Jesus name...my people i bet u they will never come back 2 dat room again.
i am a living testimony to this and share this with faith.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by cbaba: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
SP. Na today. Weda u fight or not.It will come and go. Deliverance ko,Demons Ni. Olodoes! Anyway it was how u were rasied tho! U couldnt read on your own and decipher things yourself. Some fanatics here are worse than Boko Haram...always quick to talk spiritual when they are dull in the physical...I hate posting comments but u just made me do it....arghh! U better start reading.
@billonaire, sometimes I dont even know u. Na wah o. LISTEN TO SANCHEX4EVA!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
Billyonaire: What the medics call Sleep Paralysis is beyond science and religion, it can better be explained in mystical terms. It is a condition where your physical body goes out of alignment with the human soul. Consciousness lies with the soul, and it becomes aware of the immediate environments, both physical and astral. It is the first step to what is termed Astral Projection only for those who know how to travel within that body which is not physical. The creatures you see are actually either your mind (hallucinations) or astral beings, you can hear sounds of dead loved ones or even people speaking from a distance, cos with the soul there is no physical barrier. I also experienced it and was scared before I understood what it is, right now, I wait for it to occur cos I know how to make greater use of that natural state, or I make it happen when I wanna travel the world within. Astral Projection, Out of Body Experience and Soul Travel are naturally possible if you harness the natural potentials. And it is exactly where our scientist go for that inner knowledge of truth which assists in discoveries. I have been taught many things while in that state. And I truthfully know who I am today, is based on being able to explore the worlds within the universe as light at the speed of light. We are energy beings.
My grandmother once gave me an explanation similar to this. She said when you sleep, your soul moves about. Goes places. That's why you dream of so many things, places, people and the reason why you suffer the paralysis is because your body awakes whilst your soul is still travelling.

She said souls get lost out there and can't find there way back to the body sometimes that's why people die in their sleep.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by kandiikane(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

perfect.

good points....

I'm not a christian but when this thing comes I will call all names to get out of this. I shout jesus sometimes(random reaction) and i knew the sound wasn't coming out but I could feel the air being blown through my tongue trying to make the sounds. It's like tiny whispers but obviously in your head you're screaming your azz off!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Damon03(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
Behind bobo: The fact is even if u do nothing and stay calm you ll come out of it.It s a protective mechanism like someone on this thread explained.A man without this mechanism almost killed his wife by vigorously punching her while dreaming.
It happens when your body awakes without the brain sending neccessary signals to deactivate the paralysis we all experience while dreaming.
However there is a close yet distant relationship between science and the spiritual. just as Galileo was improsoned for insisting the earth was round many centuries back due to his scientific studies,religion beleived otherwise(religion skipped the verse where it was written 'the spheres of the earth').Science was however proven to be true many years later.
In this case one cannot rule out spiritual forces in some instances but the fact is sleep paralysis is natural occurence which protects us from acting out our dreams.

nice point, well said. But lets prevent misinformation. Galileo's argument was that the sun is the centre and the earth is moving round it while religious believe at that time was that the earth is stationary and the sun was moving around.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by linearity: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sabune: Na Wa O. We Deceive Ourselves a Lot. It happens to me weda sleeping on my back, side or tommy. More on my back though. If it's sleeping paralysis, then why doesn't it happen when I pray? Also, when I go to a new location and don't pray, it doesn't happen. But if I stay 3 days there, it happens. Keep decieving yourselves with terminologies.This has been happening to me since I was a kid.And guess what?I always finds Big rats just under my bed at night.Only my bed.No other person's bed.Not in the kitchen, not in the garbage bins at night, Under my bed.Don't pray b4 you sleep.Mscheew

...believe me, If I find big rats under my bed, I will be scared too! I will also ensure that under my bed is clean and take my beddings & clothings to the laundry for a good washing with some continuous round of disinfectants, bleach, etc....believe me rats do not like those refreshing and sparking scent of cleanliness which is next to Godliness.

I will also make sure that my surroundings, neighborhood, the toilet are clean and also empty out the garbage more often....I will also check around the kitchen, cupboard, stove to make sure no crump of food is laying in or out of sight.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
Anyone who denies the obvious other-worldly aspect of this is simply largely ignorant.

However, it is the presence of fear, just like in anything even in this physical realm, that gives way to all sorts of terrible experiences as fear gives a certain annoying guild of entities more room to play. Only when people exercise authority and wait it out do they come out on top.

i.e Me yelling (with authority, not fear) at the mocking, laughing voices to "shut up!" as they were disturbing my sleep and they had no choice but to obey.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
There was sometime it happens to me but if you try and shout Jesus the thing will leave you instantly.. For me i think is kinda of spiritual stuff cause only mentioning Jesus will free that person. Though is been some years back since it last happened to me.
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by linearity: 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
gboss4sure: There was sometime it happens to me but if you try and shout Jesus the thing will leave you instantly.. For me i think is kinda of spiritual stuff cause only mentioning Jesus will free that person. Though is been some years back since it last happened to me.

When it happens to Muslims shout the ayatul kursi and it also leave them instantly....or if they recite the athkar al nawm before going to bed it does not attack them just like some Christians have indicated that praying before bedtime ensures no 'attack'

Muslims also be in the business of casting demons, right?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?239690-Sleep-Paralysis-or-Jinns-Have-you-ever-experienced-them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by erico2k2(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2012
grin grin, its part and family of the so many sleeping disorder we have and better explained by sleep doctors.We are to quick to catch withces in Africa every lil thing goes that way and the naiveness intensifies.
My Dad's Mum had altogether 6 kids and only my Dad and his bro survived, all the rest lived up to 12-15 and died, she was accused of being a witch and that she ate the kids,this was long ago, it was not until when my dad was old enough and well educated he realised he and his surviving Bro where AX and thier Dad was AX so them kids where all XX they all had Anemia sickle Cell disease
9ja sha
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by lorddannie: 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
talatu.talatu:
My dear forget oyibo theories. they call it sleeping paralysis buy i call it "being pressed by a demon". if it was sleeping paralysis how come when you Shout JESUS it stops?? it happened to me so much as a child, but its has kinda stopped now, u need to be more prayerful and believe God to deliver you from the hands of demons.... Pray before you go to bed and commit yourself in the hands of Jesus. this world is desperately wicked and only God can save us.
true talk, it happens when you forget to pray or too tired to pray before going to bed. This is demonic oppression
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bigmaut: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
I X
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by bigmaut: 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
I has been happng 2 me on several occasions especially if i slept late frm 3am,or still sleep after 8am,when it happen i will be conscious am awake but cnt move a muscle d more i try d more i lose energy,i try 2 shout 4 wher,i taught if i held my breath i will wake but i dia not try 4 fear of loosing d ability 2 breath,2 make matter worst i will feel someone is tryin 2 open my door 2 come & harm me,so is a dreadful race 4 me 2 wakeup b4 my attacker reach me & it appear like eternity,men it is not good 2 be in that state even 4 30mins,not 2 talk of eternity it is "HELL" i mean it,hell cnt be worse than that!
Re: Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 12, 2012
sanchez4eva: This is why Nigeria will never progress....we always attribute everytin to demonic attack...if u do your research u will find out that sleep paralysis is actually a protective mechanism initiated by the brain to prevent us from acting our dreams...like kicking or jumping out of bed...it occurs in the last stage of sleep known as REM or rapid eye movement sleep...Just stop being afraid because it is a normal process...it may occur often if you sleep on your back so start sleeping on your side and do not eat heavily before sleeping...Dr Okonjo

Am suspecting you, you must be a winch or a winzard

Because, it happens to me,only when I sleep on my back.

So, you people attack only when someone sleeps with the back?

Thanks for the expo and the privileged info.

Although, I sometimes enjoy it, its weird. So I delibrately sleep on my back to catch the fun.

It also happens whenever I drink garri, most esp, when there is fluctuation in the price.

Lol!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun / JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / Remedy To Ease Drunkenness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.