Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin (7755 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / The Best Graduating Student At Unilorin With 4.80CGPA Said Her Bf Worth Thanking / WAUG : West African University Games At UNILORIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by aloyemeka1: 12:03am On Sep 23, 2011
[size=14pt]UNILORIN elevates 66 academic staff to professors[/size]
on SEPTEMBER 22, 2011 · in EDUCATION

BY EMMANUEL EDUKUGHO

The University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), has elevated sixty-six (66) academic staff to professorial and associate professorial cadres.

Professor Is-haq O. Oloyede

The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Is-haq O. Oloyede who disclosed this on Monday at a press conference convened at the end of the 128th Council Meeting of the University held in the Council Chamber, University of Lagos, said that these distinguished academics have excelled and the institution has no reservation in proclaiming and appreciating their excellence.

“To profess is to excel in the academic enterprises and to publish is to flourish,” he declared, adding, “the University of Ilorin is trying to improve its performance in response to humanity and a unique step by the council to promote the 66 professors.”

Oloyode explained that on Monday, September 12, 2011, the Appointments and Promotions Committee of the University at its 141st Meeting considered the reports of the External Assessors on the Publications of the University Staff who were deemed prima facie qualified for the professorial and Associate Professorial cadres after their internal assessment.

The reports of the External Assessors were positive, while eleven others are still inconclusive.

Of the total number of applications, the council approved the appointment of 35 professors and 31 Associate Professors/Readers.

A breakdown of the new professors showed four (4) in Faculty of Agriculture, two (2) in Arts, two (2), in Basic Medical Sciences, three (3) in Business and Social Sciences, thirteen (13) in Clinical Sciences, three (3) in Education, one (1) in Engineering and Technology, and seven (7) in Science.

For the Associate Professors, three (3) in Agriculture, two in Basic Medical Sciences, two (2) in Arts, three (3) in Business and Social Sciences, eight (cool in Clinical Sciences, three (3) in Education, two (2) in Engineering and Technology, and seven (7) in Science.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/unilorin-elevates-66-academic-staff-to-professors%E2%80%A6-will-host-wafrica-varsity-games-jan-2012/
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by niyivasaz(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2011
Good Development. I think the Faculty of Enginnering should have produced more.
Thumbs up Alma Mater.
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by Toladipo(f): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2011
of the greatest unilorities oooooo always better by far
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 23, 2011
Toladipo:

of the greatest unilorities oooooo always better by far
hmm, so u dey happy abi?you be real 'ekpemu' go enter the school make dem give u xtra year.
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by wellscon: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2011
My greatest Alma mata. Electrical should get more o
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by peleson: 10:21am On Sep 23, 2011
LECTURERS IN OUR UNIVERSITY ARE VERY SELFISH, THEY ARE THE PEOPLE THAT KEPT THESE COUNTRY THIS WAY,,THEY ADVISED MOST OF OUR PAST LEADERS INTO LOOTING, MAJORITY OF THEM WENT TO SCHOOL ON SCHOLARSHIPS AND STATE MONEY, THOSE IN ENGINEERING HAD 4 YRS AND SUMMER MAKE- UP WERE THERE BUT THESE DAYS, WHAT DO WE HAVE?MAJORITY OF SELFISH PEOPLE,FAILING PEOPLE OUT OF WICKEDNESS MOST TIMES,FRUSTRATING THE YOUNG,SLEEPING WITH STUDENTS, IF YOU SHOULD TALK,EXTRRRRAAA YRS,
GOOD RADIANCE TO BAD RUBBISH, THE PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT EDUCATION TO US HAD MAKE-UPS FOR STUDENTS N FLEXIBLE EDUCATION BUT THEY STRUCTURED OURS IN A WAY THAT LACKS PROGRESS
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by xreal: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2011
Prof. Oloyede.
I respect you so much.
but pls, it's time Dr. Fayeye gets elevated; hope he is among the three (3) in Business and Social Sciences.

Also, Dr. P.B Shola in Sciences.

UNILORIN, always proud.

@wellscon
more?
can you get any better than Prof. Olufeagba?
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by baslone: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2011
I hope electrical's Dr Aliu is not on that list! He doesn't deserve it!

1 Like

Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by catso(m): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2011
Better by Far,
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by llbhuds: 10:59am On Sep 23, 2011
probitas doctrina
always proud to be a graduate of ''better by far''
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by kukus01(m): 11:14am On Sep 23, 2011
baslone:

@baslone Dr. Aliu done reach him bus stop since na, mobu voice activated switch no go allow him go!!! tongue
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by peleson: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2011
LECTURERS IN OUR UNIVERSITIES ARE VERY SELFISH, THEY KEPT THIS COUNTRY THIS WAY,,THEY ADVISED MOST OF OUR PAST LEADERS INTO LOOTING, MAJORITY OF THEM WENT TO SCHOOL ON SCHOLARSHIPS AND STATE MONEY, THOSE IN ENGINEERING HAD 4 YRS AND SUMMER MAKE- UP WERE THERE BUT THESE DAYS, WHAT DO WE HAVE?MAJORITY OF SELFISH PEOPLE,FAILING PEOPLE OUT OF WICKEDNESS MOST TIMES,FRUSTRATING THE YOUNG,SLEEPING WITH STUDENTS, IF YOU SHOULD TALK,EXTRRRRAAA YRS,
GOOD RADIANCE TO BAD RUBBISH, THE PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT EDUCATION TO US HAD MAKE-UPS FOR STUDENTS N FLEXIBLE EDUCATION BUT THEY STRUCTURED OURS IN A WAY THAT LACKS PROGRESS
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by emisun(m): 11:43am On Sep 23, 2011
and why is this on frontpage? empirical data at my disposal strongly suggest that seun and his fellow yoruba moderators are much more tribal and sentimental than an average nairalander who comes here to make tribal jokes
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by atasteve: 11:47am On Sep 23, 2011
Congratulations smiley
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by hayzedutd(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
I hope Dr. Adediran of electrical engr. is on the list
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by Paul10: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2011
Better by far always on top, Are you referring to Dr Fayeye of Sociology Dept.?
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by xreal: 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2011
Paul10:

yes, what do feel?
this man has long been a doc. ; he is a genius.
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by arikeade1: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2011
peleson:

LECTURERS IN OUR UNIVERSITIES ARE VERY SELFISH, THEY KEPT THIS COUNTRY THIS WAY,,THEY ADVISED MOST OF OUR PAST LEADERS INTO LOOTING, MAJORITY OF THEM WENT TO SCHOOL ON SCHOLARSHIPS AND STATE MONEY, THOSE IN ENGINEERING HAD 4 YRS AND SUMMER MAKE- UP WERE THERE BUT THESE DAYS, WHAT DO WE HAVE?MAJORITY OF SELFISH PEOPLE,FAILING PEOPLE OUT OF WICKEDNESS MOST TIMES,FRUSTRATING THE YOUNG,SLEEPING WITH STUDENTS, IF YOU SHOULD TALK,EXTRRRRAAA YRS,
guy, can you read dis CRAP you av type again,if it make sense to you also
another half bake from dia beta by far, is dis one of the graduate the school is producing, ?
very disgracefull, grin grin grin
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by VALIDATOR: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
@arike ade,
You are the half baked here because the way you concluded that peleson attended unilorin beats my imagination.I have read the post over and over and saw nothing suggesting that peleson attended unilorin.You could've accused him of "shouting" and repeating himself.
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
How many are Professors through and through
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by ogogo24(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2011
wellscon:

My greatest Alma mata. Electrical should get more o

Yes o! We need more Proffs in Elect. Engr'g and the Uni as a whole. Come to think of it, y are there less number of Proffs in Engineering compare to sciences? Just wondering.
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by Obinacu(m): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
Paul10:

Greatest Unilorite, Greatest Abssites and of the Greatest Sociologist, I just pray and hope Dr Fayeye is one of the Professors.He is a real Scholar,though he has been transferred to the new dept, Peace and Strategic Studies. I Gbadun am die,
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by yoged(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2011
Datz a good news. Hope Dr Adekola of Chemistry department is among 'em. But unilorin wicked oooo expecially Chemistry Department, I fear Rabinowitch ooooo
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by bloggz: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2011
Na wa oh, not even one from faculty of law, smh my Dr Egbewole and the like don due to be Prof nah sad
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by MMM2(m): 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
dats good
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by kaykaybaba(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2011
baslone:

hahahaha cheesycheesy lipsrsealed I remember those guys: terrors in the department grin
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by decogrin(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2011
arike ade:

guy, can you read dis CRAP you av type again,if it make sense to you also
another half bake from dia beta by far, is dis one of the graduate the school is producing, ?
very disgracefull, grin grin grin
arike ade,the full-baked,who are you tryin to impress with your own version of poorly strung together,badly constructed comments,to a large extent,afterall pelleson still managed to convey his message to his audience, your comments were nothing short of delusional @best,diingenious@worst, P.S-the following words are spelt DISGRACEFUL not (DISGRACEFULL)THEIR(DIA)BETTER(BETA)etc, even your local name had college-of-education alumni written all over it, BLOCK-HEAD!
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by xreal: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^^
lol
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by Relax101(m): 4:28am On Sep 24, 2011
Hope our popular Becomerich a.k.a Musiwa, a.k.a Nigeriaone, a.k.a Uche nana would be made a prof.
According to him, He read electricity engineering at the Unilorin.
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by AmeLonRo(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2011
grin. Honestly guys, most of d elevated uni dons are long over due 4 promotion. D VC & his team has proved a historic point with d way they transformed d school. Kudos!
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by baslone: 11:55am On Sep 24, 2011
kaykaybaba:

hahahaha cheesycheesy lipsrsealed I remember those guys: terrors in the department grin

Word is Alege got booted outta the system!
Re: 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin by xreal: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2011
Wow!
26 among the 66 elevated are from the College of Medicine; 15 professors and 11 Associate Professors.

@Ame Lon
U̲̅ damn right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NOUN 2018/2019 GP Calculation Tool. Be The First To Use It / Current School Fee Payments Received By Various Nigerian Institutions / JAMB To Conduct Mock Exams In January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.