Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

What Are The Expectations For A First Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Expectations For A First Date? (5996 Views)

Poll: What do you think?

Cheap: 22% (4 votes)
She a gold digger!: 77% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

What Are Your Expectations For The Year 2014 / Your Expectations For Valentine's Day / Expectations For Long Lasting God Kind Of Marriage And Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by ektbear: 3:12am On Sep 23, 2011
A friend of mine met this girl. He wants to take her somewhere relatively inexpensive for a first date. She is expecting a big expensive dinner, and is making a fuss about his previous proposal.

My friend is getting cold feet. . . doesn't know this chick at all and doesn't want to spend tons of cash on a girl he doesn't even know.

Is he being cheap, or is she demanding too much?

Personally I think she is asking for too much. First dates are basically supposed to be low-key affairs where you just get to know each other more, right?
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 23, 2011
Both of them suck what the fu!ck. cheesy

For a starter, the guy is not even supposed to tell the girl where he's taking her. . . . is supposed to be a suprise no? undecided

And the girl should just shut her dirty mouth and go with the flow. Is not as if they are dating even. So why all the fuss?

She can decide after the first date whether she wants to continue or not. undecided undecided undecided undecided

For me I don't look at the venue where I am taken on a first date, but the person personality, how I relate with them, and how we connect.

And who expect the best out of a first date anyway? First dates are like blind dates, expect nothing but the worst. If it turns out good, then good luck to you.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by aloyemeka1: 3:22am On Sep 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

A friend of mine met this girl. He wants to take her somewhere relatively inexpensive for a first date. She is expecting a big expensive dinner, and is making a fuss about his previous proposal.

My friend is getting cold feet. . . doesn't know this chick at all and doesn't want to spend tons of cash on a girl he doesn't even know.

Personally I think she is asking for too much. First dates are basically supposed to be low-key affairs where you just get to know each other more, right?

Where in Odo-Ado do they sell expensive dinner?. For an Ekiti guy, a N250/plate dinner is outrageously expensive.  tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 23, 2011
Please add undecided to the poll.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by ektbear: 3:28am On Sep 23, 2011
rokiatu:

Please add undecided to the poll.
Maybe i'm being really dumb right now, but I don't see an option for editing the poll :x
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by ektbear: 3:29am On Sep 23, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Where in Odo-Ado do they sell expensive dinner?. For an Ekiti guy, a N250/plate dinner is outrageously expensive.  tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin

Leave ekiti alone jor tongue
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by ektbear: 3:34am On Sep 23, 2011
rokiatu:

Both of them suck what the fu!ck. cheesy

For a starter, the guy is not even supposed to tell the girl where he's taking her. . . . is supposed to be a suprise no? undecided
Who said this? Why should it be a surprise?

And the girl should just shut her dirty mouth and go with the flow. Is not as if they are dating even. So why all the fuss?
+1

She can decide after the first date whether she wants to continue or not. undecided undecided undecided undecided

For me I don't look at the venue where I am taken on a first date, but the person personality, how I relate with them, and how we connect.

And who expect the best out of a first date anyway? First dates are like blind dates, expect nothing but the worst. If it turns out good, then good luck to you.
+100

What even makes all of this sketchy is that they met a club. So he literally doesn't know the chick at all. Only thing he knows is that she is pretty. I don't understand why she'd even want someone she doesn't even know spending big cash on her?

Weird to me.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by CalienteMi: 4:11am On Sep 23, 2011
First dates aren't a pop quiz or a final exam. Its supposed to be a simple socialization between two people who is testing the waters.

First dates should be at a public place where you have options of walking in the park, drinking tea or coffee discussing meaningful topics, attending a public event of common interest together, and going to a nice eatery where the mood is relaxing and comfortable.

To get over the cold feet or jitter bugs, just imagine you are out with your best friend or fave person.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 23, 2011
5 star restaurant won't be a problem since sex at first date is for sure.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by seunuk: 9:20am On Sep 23, 2011
[b]Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date?
« #8 on: Today at 04:37:59 AM »

5 star restaurant won't be a problem since sex at first date is for sure

grin ROTFLMAO
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by iice(f): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2011
No rules.
It can be low key or expensive. It can be a put out or not.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by MrCork17: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

My Expectatiion: French kisss & BJ only! wink
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by MMM2(m): 11:28am On Sep 23, 2011
op

it depends, 1st impression matters
undecided

if u want 2 nyash her dat day make sure u take her 2 a good hotel wink
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by claremont(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2011
@OP: Let your friend tell the girl to be ready to pay the full bill or at least 50% of the bill of the first date, then he should carefully watch her response to the proposal. If she accepts, then she is alright; but if she declines, she is just another hungry gold-digger IMO.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2011
@op man, just try to convince her u got a good place in mind, if she doesn't budge, then bail!
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by sleekch1c(f): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2011
Well,I wnt let a man take me to some slummy diner on a first date.at least any place decent.
Once went out with this dude for the first time.since M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ frnds always complained dat a̶̲̥̅♏ too picky with men,I decided to brace myself and go with the 'flow'.the results?he took me to a roadside bukka which reeked of fufu,ordered fufu for himself and asked me if I wanted any.I spent d whole hour fighting nausea, cldnt help it,the way he rolled d fufu,d way he talked with his mouth still containing d fufu,I had to leave d place and as expected,I puked M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ guts out.
@op,†̥ε̲ƪƪ U̶̲̥̅̊ frnd to take her to a decent place or STFU.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by MrCork17: 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2011
sleekch1c. sweeery if i spend up to £4 (cash) on you, what do i get in return? tongue
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by sleekch1c(f): 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^^It isn't possible sweeeery since U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt ve up to £4 in ur wretched life, wat can U̶̲̥̅̊ offer if I buy U̶̲̥̅̊ a plate of fufu?
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by MrCork17: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
sleekch1c. Sweeery do u realiaze £4 can buy you a bag of rice? Why u playin had to get? undecided
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by sevule(m): 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
sleekch1c:

Well,I wnt let a man take me to some slummy diner on a first date.at least any place decent.
Once went out with this dude for the first time.since M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ frnds always complained dat a̶̲̥̅♏ too picky with men,I decided to brace myself and go with the 'flow'.the results?he took me to a roadside bukka which reeked of fufu,ordered fufu for himself and asked me if I wanted any.I spent d whole hour fighting nausea, cldnt help it,the way he rolled d fufu,d way he talked with his mouth still containing d fufu,I had to leave d place and as expected,I puked M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ guts out.
@sleekch1c Had a laugh while reading about your experience. Truely that was a lose lose situation.
1. Tell the dude that u hate the place and you come out looking like you are high msintenance and a snob or
2. Endure the fragrant odour of fufu and the roadside gutter then puke yur guts out after "dinner"

Me thinks a first date should be low key but nice like a movie. But any chic advocating for dinner at Oceanview
would have her behind kicked to the curb by yours truly wink wink wink
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by sleekch1c(f): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2011
Mr cork dear,wld U̶̲̥̅̊ let me f.uck ur ass with a Love Machine in exchange for a macdonald burger?
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by sleekch1c(f): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2011
@sevule,
U̶̲̥̅̊ have spoken well.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by pynkspyce: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2011
lol. The girl self should be patient.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Sike(m): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2011
seunuk:

[b]Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date?
« #8 on: Today at 04:37:59 AM »

5 star restaurant won't be a problem since sex at first date is for sure

grin ROTFLMAO
Funnny Indeedddd!
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Goldenheart(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2011
reverse forward please, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by omega25red(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2011
sleekch1c:

so is it that you dont eat fufu or the place was just that disgusting? and seriously you puked?

so what are your expectations on a first date? meaning where would you want to go. If i asked you out and im like plan the date and i will show up with my wallet what or where would we go and do.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2011
Na greed dey worry the girl
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
sleekch1c:

Once went out with this dude for the first time.since M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥  frnds always complained dat a̶̲̥̅♏ too picky with men,I decided to brace myself and go with the 'flow'.the results?he took me to a roadside bukka which reeked of fufu,ordered fufu for himself and asked me if I wanted any.I spent d whole hour fighting nausea, cldnt help it,the way he rolled d fufu,d way he talked with his mouth still containing d fufu,I had to leave d place and as expected,I puked M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥  guts out.
ROTFLMAOOOOO!!

Sleek! in my Opinion, this guy PLAYED you! He planned it and wanted to see your response! Is he an Ibo boy like meself? cheesy

BTW, he's an A[b]S[/b]S! there are better places to eat fufu in! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin OMG! grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by coogar: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2011
sleekch1c:

this is unbelievable!!!
fufu? it cannot be. . . . .
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

A friend of mine met this girl. He wants to take her somewhere relatively inexpensive for a first date.

FAIL#1: there are many places he can go to that are chic and inexpensive. why does it have to be a place to eat?! why should it be an expensive place?! your friend should take her to a classy cafe/wine bar.

She is expecting a big expensive dinner, and is making a fuss about his previous proposal.

FAIL#2: if the girl expect some big flashy dinner then he should tell her that he aint ready to splash out on some expensive dinner with a strangers. . . . . . . . or that you should go dutch (aka 50/50). et voila!
the important question IS: what has he said/done for this girl to expect such extravagance on the first date?
but hey, IF HE MUST then he should tell her HIS expectations as well!

FAIL#3 let me guess: she has big red eyes and looks like she can kick his a[b]s[/b]s?! bwaaah!
what is so difficult in being honest and simply telling her: I CANT!!!!

asking this question is your FAIL#4

FAIL#5, being a first date is irrelevant here, if a man doesnt want to pay for an expensive meal then there is NO REASON why he should. . . . . . .whether on the 1st, 10th or 50th date!
also, if a person WANTS to splash out (important word being "WANTS"wink then there is no reason why he shouldnt, so long as it is HIS wish and he can.
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
what kind of worwor poll is that ekt? tongue

anyway i expect that he would interested in getting to know me and less
of how to get 'in me' tongue tongue
Re: What Are The Expectations For A First Date? by bekay911(f): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2011
just make a good and brilliant impression dats all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies: Can U Marry A Guy With Only One Testicle? / Guys: What Is Your First Impression when You See A Beautiful Lady / Topic completely hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.