Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? (11521 Views)

The Sad Truth About Virginity And How It Affects Marriage / Sad Truth About Virginity And How It Affects Marriage / How TEMPERAMENT Affects Relationships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by sleekch1c(f): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2011
Oh shut up U̶̲̥̅̊ all!
Nigeria isn't the only country where U̶̲̥̅̊ see ppl with eyes glued to their cell phones,texting away like there is ₪o tomorrow.it happens everywr so dnt make an issue out of it.
@op,since his addiction to his bb is a big problem for U̶̲̥̅̊,♈ dnt U̶̲̥̅̊ get urself one or perhaps U̶̲̥̅̊ can get less boring, dat way,U̶̲̥̅̊ myt actually be exciting enough to hold his attention.I have never met a man who prefers chatting on his bb over talking to me.step up ur game!
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Jackieugo(f): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2011
I still to this day don't understand what the big deal about BB is undecided. There are better phones out there.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by kaykaybaba(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2011
Nigerians sha, like sheep; following every fad, imitating, but not quite grasping the full potentials of what they mime. Who said iPhone and android devices were toys compared to bb?  shocked you must be living in Nigeria to have made that statement. iOS and Androids definitely trump BB's on every level; aesthetics (form factor), usefulness (apps), speed, mention it.

lasunray:

@swift sms,i agree wit u.
Last wk i met a gal lyk dt,at 1st i we were discussing,l8a i found out dt i was talking 2my self ALL in d name of BB,pple dnt colect your numb na pin they go dey ask, I detest BB
As for 2go,its sth else ADDICTION! All these things dnt make pple tink and conc again,
 <<< ---- Anyway, me I'm just curious about that, what is '2go'? Please enlighten me, I've been living under an Android rock for the past 2 years tongue grin grin
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Goldenheart(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2011
[color=#006600][/color] THERE IS NOTHING PRAYAZ CAN'T DO, BUT ONE THING O, IF UR BOYFRIEND LOSES HIS BB, HE WILL BE HEARTBROKEN FOR A LONG TIME. HAPPENED TO ME B4
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
Black berry addiction among nigerians in nigeria is really getting out of hand.OP dont be surprised if ur boyfriend is just keeping touch with his girlfriends on facebook and 2go while he is with u in the cinema.I do know that most nigerians who buy BB do it because of facebook and 2go grin.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2011
Orikinla:

It sheer inferiority complex that is making many Nigerians to be nuts over BlackBerry.

[size=38pt]BlackBerry is reported to command only a 14.80% share of worldwide smart phone sales, making it the fifth most popular device manufacturer after Nokia, Samsung, LG, etc.

Nigerians are mostly bush people who have erroneous notions of average status symbols.
They go gaga over what they assume is a big status symbol in a poor country where majority of the population are very poor and unenlightened.
[/size]
And the funny thing of it all is that BB is not the latest technology but many nigerians in nigeria are going crazy over it.Chie! poverty is really an evil thing.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by SAFO(m): 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2011
I keep hearing the word pinging, what is that?
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by coded777: 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2011
Watch it, by d time BB goes out of vogue and becomes like d newly (old) fashioned NOKIA 3310. By then, most bb users wld hav been affected.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by lexander(m): 7:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
True talk BB phones are just over hypered andriods have more function capabilities n applications,d only function used by majority of bb users is the pinging even at that 50% of blackberry users dont even know what pinging is,they just catch d fever and bought da phone, and is for that guy he's not worth it he definitely loves his phone more thats why he's paying more attention to it.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by lexander(m): 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
2go is a java software used 4 chatting man LMAO i dont see the special thing about 2go, i created my first email address in 2000 starting chatting in 2004 so i dont see why people are so obssessed with 2go their is nothing so special about it compared to other apps like mozart,rocktalk,migg33,spyke,morange,qeep,nimbuzz just to mention a few
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by lexander(m): 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2011
Pinging is a feature used to get the attention of another blackberry user via the blackberry messenger
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by passyjango(m): 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2011
Most BB phones in the market today are just junk with outdated hardware and software. If you must buy BB in 2011/2012 make sure you are buying the recent hardware with BlackBerry 7 OS like the Torch 9810 going for around N90,000 and the Bold Touch 9900 going for around N115,000. Anything else you are buying for now is not worthy of 2011.

As for the @Fancier, you need to remind the guy that you are not his wife yet, so he should know that he is just an ordinary boyfriend, because it appears the guy is now taking you for granted. He needs to know that he is not there yet and still need to make more effort to get there. He needs to separate his personal life from his business life. After all, the date will only last for a few hours and he can bury himself in his business afterwards.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2011
blackberry and naija peeps!
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by otokx(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2011
warn the guy then sack him
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by kaykaybaba(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2011
Ohh, I see!! Thanks @Lexander grin grin grin I can understand why many Nigerians' focus is limited to pinging/BB. The data allowances offered by Nigerian mobile networks is appalling! shocked. Well, make una dey pingi pingi dey go. Nothing do u cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by CashWithPC: 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2011
We are living in a brave new world. Women have found a new obsession in the BB, and there is nothing anyone can do about it but to adapt the changing times.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
its a guy that's involved with bb here not a loday.

try and follow the thread properly my friend.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ poster
I had the same problem with a boyfriend not long ago. It was driving me bonkers! Its like youre there with him and 10 other people all the time. Its like someone sitting across from you and in the middle of a conversation they whisper to someone and they both start laughing. I find this BB addiction behaviour very rude. It almost seems socially acceptable to people today! I dont understand why someone would make a date to spend time with you and then spend half the time interacting and wondering whats going on on their BB ( like facebook!). You start thinking Geeeez!!, am I that boring? But seriously,all you can do is tell him how you feel about it and see if he will atempt to change his habit AND understand that its not polite or respectful.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
BB is the cheapest way to browse the internet on phone in Nigeria.That might account for its popularity.You pay something like $20 nd you are online 24hhours for the whole month,downloading whatever you want.

If you stay online on any other phone for 24 hours/30 days ,you will have to pay almost $100 or more.

In the US,Blackberry is NOT the only phone of choice because you can get monthly internet data plan for rates similar to BBs,on ANY phone.

If Nigerian telecom operators introduce,say a 3,000 naira uninterrupted monthly internet subscription package,the attraction of Blackberry will dwindle drastically
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by TippyTop(m): 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2011
You should thank your God he only had a Blackberry. What if he had the baba of phones?
I mean the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Super AMOLED display an 8 MP camera, 32GB storage, 1 GB RAM with TV out and operating on Android OS (Gingerbread).
This monster weigh's 116g only. Stop him by all means from getting the Galaxy S2.

Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by WebSurfer(m): 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2011
bad for them i dont even have time to check my pings, get him a job to do jare,
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Akainzo(m): 12:18am On Sep 24, 2011
Tippy Top:

You should thank your God he only had a Blackberry. What if he had the baba of phones?
I mean the Samsung Galaxy S2 with Super AMOLED display an 8 MP camera, 32GB storage, 1 GB RAM with TV out and operating on Android OS (Gingerbread).
This monster weigh's 116g only. Stop him by all means from getting the Galaxy S2.

And what does the S2 do, that the BlackBerry cannot do?
And while youre at it, the S2 is latest Android flagship, you might want to compare it to the Bold 9900 to get a glimpse of things.

When you're done, do post your findings. The BB experience also includes a sense of comradeship and community, which can be likened to how guys prefer to watch football with their pallies than all alone on a 42" screen.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by chucky234(m): 1:24am On Sep 24, 2011
I think you shld take it easy with,I have been using BB for 3 years now and I know what it is like to have clients online on googletalk,BB messenger and facebook chat at a time and still have to respond to mails.
It is better you both sit down and talk things over,dialogue in many years have proven to be a perfect foundation of any relationship or marriage.
My wife and I work on this by explaining to how demanding these clients can be,my wife even help me responding to some of my mails when am busy with other things.
Talk to your guy and you will forever be happy thereafter.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by clip: 2:43am On Sep 24, 2011
He has a problem and i assume as a friend which you are to him, the least you can do is to help him out.
For acknowledging the attitude is bad and asking you to collect the bb from him, means he his willing to forgo the bad manner
Help by collecting the phone from him while you are with him.Before you know it,it will be a forgone issue.What are friends for: Sacrifice
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Theblessed(f): 3:25am On Sep 24, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Well, you ask for our opinions and I'm known for being blunt here.  

Anyway, here is mine.  

Heart ache, Heart ache, Heart ache!!!!!

If you don't want to suffer the above in future, just dump him now!!

But, considering husbands are too scarce your end, I suggest you pray, fast and get him delivered if you decide he is the one.

Obviously, he has an addiction problem and who know what other addictions/issues you could be dealing with in future - alcohol, women, food, p o r n o g r a p h y etc?undecided undecided Addictions are demonic therefore, he need deliverance from a reputable Ministry - go seek help for him!

Imagine, your story! You went out on a date after hounding you for over a year and when you got there, his mobile phone was more important to him than you!! Excuse, me!  Did I hear correct? cool cool cool  

Babe please, look further than you nose 'cos, all that glitters are not gold! This guy, is not really a boyfriend material let alone a future husband.  However, it seems he's crying out for help, by asking you to take hold of the mobile thus, shows he can't help himself.  That aside, the verdict is:

He might be looking for a Sex partner and if that's what you want, good luck!!
[/size][/b]
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by lexander(m): 7:25am On Sep 24, 2011
On the issue of internet browsing glo has a very reasonable offer 3G 2,500 there's no way u would be able to exhaust that much in a month unless you like to download manga and anime n watch movies online.
Word of advice move over to the glo network n for those still going gaga over blackberry phones get a life i'll take the andriod,symbian with its latest update been symbian anna anyday besides you'll always have to buy a new bb phone whenever a new one comes out but with the symbian andriod you can also update it online or OVA i'm not that farmilar with the apple ios so i dont know much about its functionalility
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by playahP(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2011
I BEG YOU ALL IN JESUS NAME, PLEASE GET AN IPHONE,
I USE AN I-PHONE AND I MAKE FACE-TIME CALLS WHICH IS REAL CHEAP
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2011
In response to the original post, it is a very rude and crude attitude. People do not get the full gist about the BB. Worst of all, is people 'BBing' away at dinner with other people - not polite at all.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by SuyaEater(m): 9:03am On Sep 24, 2011
@ fancie , very disgraceful, dump the guy and move on to someone who will focus their attention to you not some device!

Its a shame that the obsession over the useless bb is getting people killed, andriod is better!  grin
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by buzcenter: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2011
BB madness.
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by icezik1(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2011
http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2011/8/comScore_Reports_July_2011_U.S._Mobile_Subscriber_Market_Share

The findings from the above website were conducted on a sample of ALL mobile users in America. For all those obsessed with blackberry, I want you to note that Americans are buying Android and iPhones more than Blackberry. In fact, Android will soon make up half of all smart phones.

My point? Dump the guy and find someone that is using an Android or iPhone  cool  wink

P.S: For those who did not know, RIM makes BlackBerry (To avoid any confusion from not seeing Blackberry in the above pictures). Google makes Android, Apple makes iPhone(iOS) and almost all Nokia smartphones run Symbian.

P.S.S: Apparently, no one makes phone calls in America anymore
Re: Blackberry Fever And How It Affects Relationship? by Fancier(f): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2011
clip:

He has a problem and i assume as a friend which you are to him, the least you can do is to help him out.
For acknowledging the attitude is bad and asking you to collect the bb from him, means he his willing to forgo the bad manner
Help by collecting the phone from him while you are with him.Before you know it,it will be a forgone issue.What are friends for: Sacrifice

Thanks i will try this out too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

/ The weirdest person(s) you have ever met. What did they do??? / What Sagamite Has Been Saying For Years About How Women Operate And Lose!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.