Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? (26521 Views)

Opinion: Hard Truth About Late Marriages In Nigeria / Are Late Marriages Really Caused By Jealousy And Fear Of The Unknown? / Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Emoska(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2011
Well 4 me all i knw is that no matter u age,all u need is getting married 2 the right person @ God's own time. Dont get married because ur friend is married or family presure.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by tivta(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2011
Omo, see potential sugar mummies. Just joking oh. Poster what do you expect from women who act on what they hear and not what they see e.g Who run the world by beyonce(she married early right?) but sings about how women dont need men, what an irony. Well all i can say is the world is now 'civilized' hence the raipd growth of gay marrages etc. Just search not every one believes in late marrage(i hope) because men love them young(most men). The end is here.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by sylve11: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2011
true abt what the pastor said. Some men on the other hand r something else. If i was a girl, i don't think i'll ever get married to some guys me sylve11 knows too well. I dislike some characters men posses. I'm having a friend who talks, complains alot and get angry so easily; his girlfriends got beatup most times, if i be girl i nor go fit marry dat kind man o. sad cool
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2011
to me. many guys ar in dia 40s and stil lookn 4 gud wife wc dey may never get. my broda fell n to d category.though wit 2 kids now for smone he didnt pay her bride price. i know him 2 be womaniser livn n ajah.he dates hundreds of dem with sex nvolve year in and out until GOD delivers him. 4 ladies dat want to avoid being caught n menopause stuff and really want baby shld pray seriously to get GOD ORDAINED SPOUSE even before 35. bcause u shld hv built gud careerer at dat age. if not u wil just see dat ur younger cousions wil b grama right in front of u wil stil buildn up career. for d older guys dia u wil always see a God fearn woman out dia ready to even leave wit u n a room apartment if only u can work on ur ego. b honest and pray welly to even leave wit u n a room apartment if only u can work on ur ego. b honest and pray well

1 Like

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 24, 2011
//
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Xplay: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2011
Wad up guy?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Orikinla(m): 8:58am On Sep 24, 2011
Many of the sermons on Late Marriage are DUMB, because the so called vices of Nigerian women are not responsible for late marriage. The simple cause is there is SHORTAGE OF CAPABLE GOOD MEN. Do you know how many Nigerian women who have been disappointed by Nigerian men. Most of these Nigerian preachers of Late Marriage are preaching lies. There is nothing like Late Marriage in the Holy Bible.

1 Like

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Princek12(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2011
chaircover:

It works both ways there are overly picky women just as there are irresponsible men

As for me I'd rather wait another few years & using the time to better myself[b] and pick a man that I know that I want to grow old with than rush in with Mr wrong[/b].

All said and done, marriage is not for everybody.

For me the issue is not whether you should take your time to pick a desirable partner, but the qualities you look for in a man and the attitude, your mentality, and the way you respond to men when they approach you.

Some searching women will not even give a man who does not buy them material things the time of the day, which is a silly criteria to pick a mate.

As silly as it sounds, some searching women will not talk to a stranger who approaches her unless her girlfriend introduced the man to her. That is silly. If you feel a potential connection with the stranger, then give it a try.

Some searching women walk around frowning their face and exuding a negative attitude, which makes that woman unapproachable.

I can go on and on, but you get the gist. It is usually the little things that make a big difference.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by dollypi(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2011
Excuses, excuses and even more excuses.

Have you guys considered the fact that most men are unwilling to marry any woman at all because of some of the highlighted issues, chief of which is Number one (the issue oof respecting the husband)?

A woman with the listed issues (with the exception of spirit husband, I don't believe that crap. Where e dey for bible?) will make a man's life hell. Who wants to willingly enter a living hell?

There is very little left to admire and respect in the "21st century woman": She is generally rude, materialistic, not willing to submit to and respect her husband, sexuallly loose, placing career over family, desirous of making the decisions in the family, the list goes on.

In as much as we know that men are not helping matters, i'm sure every man here will admit that beneath the hard, carefree, arrogant exterior of most men is a deep desire to find a woman who he can place on a pedestal, who he can be proud of, who respects him and acknowledges his headship in the home, who is kind and caring towards others, who is hardworking and industrious. A man who can't see these traits in the women around him will never marry unless he is pressured to.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2011
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 24, 2011
go ye into the world and multiply
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by dollypi(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2011
I really think people should consider many facts and do not think as we were in the 60's or whatever, Ithink we should respect decisions of people, whatever your choice, I'll respect it cause we don't know people past or plans, too easy blaming or targeting someone because he doesn't do like the others

For me marriage is about consolidation, love and building not age! of course some of you might tell me " a women who's above 30 is difficult for her getting married" and so on, while I've seen many married woman at or above this age who's enjoying motherwood and marriage and some who get married earlier have divorced!

Marriage is too important for me to leave it only in the hands of the others, I'll get married when all conditions will be fullfied

i appreciate the bolded statement. The point however is that the ability to consolidate, love and build comes with certain character traits which will definitely not be present in the average 21st century woman.

Character traits such as respect for people, patience, selflessness, kindness, humility.

Men are not left out. A man that loves his wife will overcome all obstacles. I'm talking about true love, not the Hollywood version.

A man who loves his wife will respect her and her opinions, care for her, be patient and understanding, be willing to overlook the so-called occasional disrespect from his woman, will be willing to guide her and nourish her emotionally, will firmly take the lead in the home etc.  tell me, what woman can resist such a man?

If each person, irrespective of gender, will work on their personal character instead of making blanket statements, we'll find that the right person to marry will surface quickly.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 24, 2011
too many things

ego
beauty
xter
financial status
choice
taste
religion
tribe
job
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Princek12(m): 9:41am On Sep 24, 2011
chaircover:

@prince i agree there are some very picky women just as there is a shortage of good solid responsible young men. It is well.

I don't known which statistic on which women rely to conclude that there is a shortage of good, solid responsible men. It is usually the picky women who make that assertion. Let me give you an example. Say a 25-yr old woman spends 10 years of her life being the concubine of an alhaji who spends money on her; that same women will claim there is a shortage of good men when she is 35 and now searching. She will not blame herself for wasting her precious years with men just because of money.

How will such woman even know whether there is a shortage when she is walking around with an attitude?
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by asidere(m): 9:42am On Sep 24, 2011
the cause of late marriage in ladies in Nigeria especially is that guys here are not financially buoyant enough to take a girl to the altar,unemployment in guys,not financially stable.if you are a rich girl that has a job and from a wealthy family,please don't wait for a guy to marry u,please propose to them 2 marry u or u ll remain single forever,I heard that lateness in marriage in ladies and not giving birth to children early can cause fibroid.so ladies if you are rich and want to get married please reach me at oasidere@yahoo.com so we can discuss.bless ya.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by 2tek: 9:44am On Sep 24, 2011
anoda point to consider is population ratio.they seem 2 b more ladies than d men population_wise. d bible says that a time wl come wen 5 or more women wl b begging 2b married to one man.Getting a responsible man is even worse as they'r VERY SCARCE ND our ladies ar looking for already_made men from their HIGH HORSES.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by kenny1st(m): 9:49am On Sep 24, 2011
This question should have bng directed to me as I am currently passing thru hell in d hands of Nigerian ladies. I have a handfull of experince now about this issue now that am out searching for a wife. The basic truth and answer to this question is that naija girls are out for money and materials. All that any naija babes want is ' already made guys', who's working in a very good company. Surprisingly, they don't also go for just working class guys but those @ d top of their carriers. You can imagine, am a teller in a bank but these naija babes still think am too little to deliver. Honestly, this growing trend amongst naija girls is out of control and calls for a quick research to know why and how it can be discouraged amongst marrigeable girls in Nigeria so they won't continue rotten in their parent's home.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by mystikal(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2011
The same thing that is behind late marriages for Men. I am hoping there is a timespan for Men too, right?
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by mobf: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2011
@ bekay911, your first response wasn't smart. Who ever said it was a NIGERIAN problem? The OP sure didn't! It's really funny cuz when a guy replies the way u did, he'll be called every dirty name u can think of.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by kokogee: 10:26am On Sep 24, 2011
interesting!
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 24, 2011
tpia@:

shocked
bro, i follow you do shocked
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by brainpulse: 11:04am On Sep 24, 2011
We have forgot to consider parental issues as part of the cause. Most of how parents have idols in there mind and indirectly feed their children with it. What do i mean?

For example most parents will tell you never marry a yoruba man if you are an Ibo or never marry an Ibo man if yoruba and they give you so many craps that, Men or women from so so place are occultic, womanizer etc, thereby giving the singles tough time in choosing even when the right man is from another tribe. That is what i am suffering now. With a Well paid Job, 2 Bed flat, Msc, God fearing, the lady i chose ( from other tribe)my parents are still battleling me with it even 4 years without committing 4nicketing.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by brainpulse: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2011
Some times the parents will make it more difficult telling you that the Guy or lady must have reached a financial status or must have so so education or whatever. Forgeting their more inept attributes and qualities the Guy or Lady has seen in His/ Her prospective partner thereby making it extremely difficult to build a good relationship with a guy or lady from the sracth and has nothing.

This lady started with me when i had nothing and i am about sheding tears that i am going to lose her.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Beync(f): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2011
Op all women were not born the same day, were  raised up from different  parent,background,  different enviroment, diff nuturing and circumstances, it's insane to espect all women to marry on or within a particular time just like most of u guys, some of you meet you espectations at 20's 30's. but some even at 40 's they cant even stand as a man, i mean bein responsible psychologically, emotinonally and financially responsible. you can as well ask, why do we have men who are still fools even at 40's, they dont hav educcation nor skills, no job no future. u should concern urself about what u can do about it.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by brainpulse: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2011
There are lots of times these ministers of God might not be right and the present situation of things might be part of numerous reasons that might not be easily identified. E.g No guy will want to marry a woman to suffer and he believes he has to be financially strong to shoulder the responsibilty of fatherhood and no lady will also want to be a yoke, burden to the man she loves, so something keeps on counting, the "AGE"
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by horny4u(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2011
The only reason women marry late is the number game.

How many new men that fits your future hubby do you meet every week.

To attract

Is your waist to hips ratio 0.7 and less

Are your nails done up and neat you donot have to use false nails

Do you think its ok for a grown women to leave her house without any make up even if she was just running to the corner shop

Is your hair in a trendy style that suits you

Are you dressed smartly and sexy or,

Do you tuck in your tummy

Do you workout at all

Are you conscious of your diet

To meet:

Do you play or watch  golf, badminton, football, polo, gym.

Do you use cafes, bars,  for lunch,

Are you quick to smile

Are you conscious of your body language

It seems a social stigma to have a meal on your own at the Pub, TFC etc but pray tell you must, let go of that dogma and go out on your own

Have you improved your conversation skills

To keep

Your personality and attitude: are you rude?

Do you have a sense of humour

Are you confident not cocky with a healthy self esteem

Are you childlike watch a lil girl to see and shy yet firm

Can you cook ? if not can you cheat cook, many ways to skin a cat.

Can you tidy and keep a home with a feminine touch

Do you love the Lord and can pray

Do you know how to sincerely inflate a man's ego ( many books on this)

Be feminine ( many books on this)

Pretend to be helpless and less capable

Things you donot need

A degree ( most men say it matters but na lie, too many single phd babes)

Beautiful ( Most men say it matters but na lie too many single pretty babes)

Capable and in charge ( most men say they do not mind na lie too many gals in charging it alone)

Finally every man has a type , some like small feet more than pretty face, some like pretty face more than nice figure, some like black come like white  there always many men out there who think your beauty is one of a kind.
Never ask a man out or demand he loves you, awaken this with your wit
If you are not married donot update your facebook status from single , you are either single or married , never in a relationship.

Most important advice always date atleast 5 men at a time , donot sleep with them or drop your gstrings,

But always allow kola, tunde, bayo, akin, chima, chukudi, hassan and much more to take you out and have fun, if they are not Mr right you will meet Mr right through them.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by horny4u(f): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2011
dollypi:

Excuses, excuses and even more excuses.

Have you guys considered the fact that most men are unwilling to marry any woman at all because of some of the highlighted issues, chief of which is Number one (the issue oof respecting the husband)?

A woman with the listed issues[b] (with the exception of spirit husband, I don't believe that crap. Where e dey for bible?)[/b] will make a man's life hell. Who wants to willingly enter a living hell?

There is very little left to admire and respect in the "21st century woman": She is generally rude, materialistic, not willing to submit to and respect her husband, sexuallly loose, placing career over family, desirous of making the decisions in the family, the list goes on.

In as much as we know that men are not helping matters, i'm sure every man here will admit that beneath[b] the hard, carefree, arrogant exterior of most men is a deep desire to find a woman who he can place on a pedestal, who he can be proud of, who respects him and acknowledges his headship in the home, who is kind and caring towards others, who is hardworking and industrious. A man who can't see these traits in the women around him will never marry unless he is pressured to.[/b]

The koko of the matter,

, desirous of making the decisions in the family

a common and biggestest problem

(with the exception of spirit husband, I don't believe that crap. Where e dey for bible?)

Its a woli terminology for money spinning machine

She is generally rude, materialistic, not willing to submit to and respect her husband, sexuallly loose, placing career over family

Nothing should be more important apart from making heaven than Family to a woman, Making money, career and all is for the benefit of the family

With the above a woman will invisibly control her home , her husband will do anything for her, He will joyfully be the television and she will hold the remote to that TV and her kids will grow up in a lovely home ( note her kids not our kids : na woman dey born: so every decision that may seem like mumu or old fashioned is for her kids)

1 Like

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by muystoy(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2011
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by pappy2000: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2011
The truth is that everyone that has contributed to this discussion is speaking from their own point of view.The truth is that the root cause of late marriage in men and women is the economy of this country.The truth is that let me use myself as an example, I am in my 31 and working as a teacher in a God-forsaken school and earning 15k,how do u think i should get marry with that peanut.I had to leave the place last month to do other things.I intend to start driving a cab soonest,and all my friends are asking me when am I get married when that is the least of my problem,so u can see what I mean.I ami have  still look for financial break through in life.and the irony of this is that I have many of my colleagues who is working and earning as little as that and they have wives and children,but i have vowed that I will not live the kind of lives those people are living.In fact,they are not living,they are merely existing.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by coogar: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
pappy2000:

The truth is that everyone that has contributed to this discussion is speaking from their own point of view.The truth is that the root cause of late marriage in men and women is the economy of this country.[b]The truth is that let me use myself as an example, I am in my 31 and working as a teacher in a God-forsaken school and earning 15k,how do u think i should get marry with that peanut.I had to leave the place last month to do other things.I intend to start driving a cab soonest,a[/b]nd all my friends are asking me when am I get married when that is the least of my problem,so u can see what I mean.I ami have  still look for financial break through in life.and the irony of this is that I have many of my colleagues who is working and earning as little as that and they have wives and children,but i have vowed that I will not live the kind of lives those people are living.In fact,they are not living,they are merely existing.

your problem can be solved.
raise some amount, get a professional course done and get certified.
your income would be boosted!

horny4u:

Finally every man has a type , some like small feet more than pretty face, some like pretty face more than nice figure, some like black come like white  there always many men out there who think your beauty is one of a kind.
Never ask a man out or demand he loves you, awaken this with your wit
If you are not married donot update your facebook status from single , you are either single or married , never in a relationship.

Most important advice always date atleast 5 men at a time , donot sleep with them or drop your gstrings,

But always allow kola, tunde, bayo, akin, chima, chukudi, hassan and much more to take you out and have fun, if they are not Mr right you will meet Mr right through them.

date 5 men at a time? no wonder there are more unmarried women out there.
what do you think akin would do when he discovers his chic is seeing bayo and kola?
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2011
Many women struggle so hard to get men, Men that are not really worth it.
i used to think that 80% men are irresponsible until recently i had to raise the bar to 95%

I have an older married friend whom i look up to as a role model, i get advices from him most times, sounds silly but i tell myself atimes, "if he can do it, then i can"
recently, he just pisses me off as the familiarity has gotten to the point that he cant do without wanting to bring a lady to my place for quickie. While at it, he still talks about how much he loves his wife.

thats just one of many. Though ladies do similar things too but like the poster said, it's the 21st century.
I dont blame ladies saying they are ok without marriage, it's just a race of "i haven't been there", once there, you'll feel better.
My advise is that you take life the way it is and try to enjoy it without worry, be confident, dont let anyone pressurize you, if a good man comes your way, hold him tight.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by God2man(m): 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
Pride, lack of foresight, spritual,poverty,materialistic attitude, then there is a good reason, waiting for God's time or God's will. Many things to say, let me just say this. Spiritual: GENERATIONAL CURSE. if you observe that in your family, ladies always marry late,age 36-40 or more, in some families the women are always the bread winner,that is the married women are more successful than their husband, in some family,you discover that the husband always died young, Or husbands always beat their wives, in some family, barreness is so rampant,they always adopt child. These could be as a result of generational curse. If not addressed before marriage,the marriage could spell doom. Now, Sprit husband, spirit wife. These are poweful spiritual entities,that have already married physical human beings as result of evil dedication to a an evil idol in the family, as a result of this spiritual evil convenant, it will be exremely difficult for somebody to get married,if he or she dare try it, the proposed husband or wife,may die,run mad, or the husband and wife divorce. It is real. It has happened. It is still happenning that is why you can just go into this ancient instution called marriage withou contacting God. God bless you. God2man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies Beware: Everyman Is A SUSPECT / I Eat Shit For A Living - Dubai Girl / Relationships Are Now More Difficult Than Ever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.