Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

A Lazy Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Lazy Husband (9894 Views)

Family Tips For 'lazy' African Women. / How Can One Cope Wit A Lazy Wife? / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lazy Husband by blessin011: 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2011
Before we got married my husband promised me of starting his ministry but 4 the past one year now nothing has been done,am the person feeding him yet he told me that for now he did not want any child from me as a result of finance which he has not been doing
to do any work g anything to that,every day he is at home and when i confront him he sees it as insult,pls nairaland tell me what to do ,and he said that God called him as a pastor not to work and only face the church,am still young for these bullshitter.he is as young for all this delay ,he has not bought me anything not even a hand kerchief .
Re: A Lazy Husband by Spyker: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2011
Has he paid for your head? How did he manage to do that if he ain't working. Or did you pay for him.
Others choose to look before they leap but you choose to leap before you look.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Kx: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
Are you guys formerly married or merely cohabiting?
How was he able to do the above, if yes, without a source of income?
Re: A Lazy Husband by Coretalk(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2011
So
blessin011:

he said that God called him as a pastor not to work

That's complete load of rubbish.

so pastorate is not work?. it is leisure?.

this guys is just plain lazy. Doing a temporary job now should not distract him from reaching his dream job.

if he cares about you, he will want to support you financially as it looks like finance is becoming a bit of a burden for you
Re: A Lazy Husband by blessin011: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2011
it hurt me that dis is marriage but all the same ,nothing spoil becos am educated and intelligent,my brother i think u are giving me a strong word how to follow him ,i have almost finish the money in my two account,all he tells me is that all will be well ,and am the first child of my parent ,ever since i got married i can't send a penny to my parent ,all he said is to help me to get a job
Re: A Lazy Husband by tellwisdom: 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
Before we got married my husband promised me of starting his ministry but 4 the past one year now nothing has been done,am the person feeding him yet he told me that for now he did not want any child from me as a result of finance which he has not been doing
to do any work g anything to that,every day he is at home and when i confront him he sees it as insult,pls nairaland tell me what to do ,and he said that God called him as a pastor not to work and only face the church,am still young for these bullshitter.he is as young for all this delay ,he has not bought me anything not even a hand kerchief .

[size=23pt]You don EFF-UP jor grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2011
blessin011:

Hellllooooooo! Did you or did you not make your underground research, before concluding to marry him? Now that you have, it's your duty to support him ma'am, at least until his ministry or whatever kick starts! Quit insulting your husband, calling him a bullshitter, at this early stage? WTF is that supposed to mean? You married him, so stick with him! If you cant take the heat, stay outta the damn oven! Did you not hear marriage aint a bed of roses? Or did you actually marry him with high hopes of being a pastor's wife, and feeding fat from the offerings? grin WAKE UP DUH! Welcome to reality!
Re: A Lazy Husband by pendo89(f): 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
I am a believer but I run away from such men. Especially those who say use words like 'full time ministry,called to serve and all the other excuses lazy servants of God use.Its unfortunate you are marrried to one.
Write this scriptures in bold and stick them where he will read daily. angry

2nd Thessalonians 3:10>> If a man will not work he shall not eat.
1st Timothy 5:8>>If anyone does not provide for his relatives esp members of his own household,he had denied the faith and is WORSE THAN AN UNBELIEVER.

If he says church is work tell him some of the 12 apostles were fishermen and others doctors. Tell him industry is crowned with God's blessing and idleness is loaded with a curse.

I wont ask you to pray cz am sure uv done that.You guys dont have kids,So to get him to act stay without providing for a week. Go hungry both of you.
I know it sounds harsh but I cant think of a better way.
Hes too comfortable cz ur doing everything but instead of seeing ur sacrifice and getting up to work,he sleeps more.
That is not what God called us to do! What a shame to God's name.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2011
My pet peeves

1. Stingy men
2. Lazy men
3. Sensitive/ emotional men
g) Ugly men.  tongue

DIVORCE. Sorry, if there is no functional rel. between a husband and being responsible man, its not going to work.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2011
pendo89:

I am a believer but I run away from such men. Especially those who say use words like 'full time ministry,called to serve and all the other excuses lazy servants of God use.Its unfortunate you are marrried to one.
Write this scriptures in bold and stick them where he will read daily. angry

2nd Thessalonians 3:10>> If a man will not work he shall not eat.
1st Timothy 5:8>>If anyone does not provide for his relatives esp members of his own household,he had denied the faith and is WORSE THAN AN UNBELIEVER.

If he says church is work tell him some of the 12 apostles were fishermen and others doctors. Tell him industry is crowned with God's blessing and idleness is loaded with a curse.

I wont ask you to pray cz am sure uv done that.You guys dont have kids,So to get him to act stay without providing for a week. Go hungry both of you.
Hes too comfortable cz your doing everything but instead of seeing your sacrifice and getting up to work,he sleeps more.
True! But why would she marry a JOBLESS MAN in the first place? Just because he promised her he'll start a Church? i mean, what's that supposed to mean?
Re: A Lazy Husband by pendo89(f): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2011
Yeah these kind of men appeal to single ladies in church.They are full of hype and revelations.They are young and full of vigour promising heaven on earth.
They lead the youth,choir everything.They are admired cz they seem to know it all.
So she fell for one cz he promised a church. Its waste of time condemning her for marrying such a lazy dude who expected to feed from tithe cz she's already married to him. Now you deal with results not prevention. sad
Unless this dude wakes up,this lady is fed up and anytime shes walking out of this relationship.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2011
pendo89:

Yeah these kind of men appeal to single ladies in church.They are full of hype and revelations.They are young and full of vigour promising heaven on earth.
They lead the youth,choir everything.They are admired cz they seem to know it all.
So she fell for one cz he promised a church. Its waste of time condemning her for marrying such a lazy dude who expected to feed from tithe cz she's already married to him. Now you deal with results not prevention. sad
Unless this dude wakes up,this lady is fed up and anytime shes walking out of this relationship.

I usually run from those types grin

Everybody is preaching nowadays, even Shina rambo quoted the Bible.

But the thing is annoying. Everything has a bible verse attached to it with these men.
Re: A Lazy Husband by pendo89(f): 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I usually run from those types grin

Everybody is preaching nowadays, even Shina rambo quoted the Bible.

But the thing is annoying. Everything has a bible verse attached to it with these men.

grin grin grin @ shina

Trust me I have worked with them before. They have away of woing vulnerable ladies with scriptures LOL.So if ur dumb enough you fall for them.
What the ladies fail to understand is that these dude's source of finance is the church ie if they have no meaningful job outside church.
They are given some cash y church to support them as they carry out their youth work/whatever ministry.
But when they marry they are on their own unless they become pastors. Am sure he had enough cash to date this lady before marriage.
I passionately hate anybody who uses God's name as excuse for laziness.Its just criminal!
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2011
pendo89:

grin grin grin @ shina

Trust me I have worked with them before. They have away of woing vulnerable ladies with scriptures LOL.So if your dumb enough you fall for them.
What the ladies fail to understand is that these dude's source of finance is the church ie if they have no meaningful job outside church.
They are given some cash y church to support them as they carry out their youth work/whatever ministry.
But when they marry they are on their own unless they become pastors. Am sure he had enough cash to date this lady before marriage.
I passionately hate anybody who uses God's name as excuse for laziness.Its just criminal!

I always wonder how Pastors survive, thought the Govrnment atleast pay them (when I wa young o).

I've ruled out Pastors long time ago. God forbid bad thing.

Any man that is more religious than me is a no no. I pray not to be bored out of my life.

And then you have the most dirty pastors.
Re: A Lazy Husband by MMM2(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2011
op

Divorce him angry
And
Marry anoda husband undecided
Re: A Lazy Husband by Honeycity(f): 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2011
M M M:

op

Divorce him angry
And
Marry anoda husband undecided

bad adviser grin
Re: A Lazy Husband by Jackieugo(f): 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2011
Reminds me of a saying my mom used to tell me and my brothers. "Idle hands make for the devil's work." Relay the message to him. You are his wife. All he needs is more encouragement and emotional support. Talk to his family about it. They'll surely talk some sense into him. Don't give up on him just yet if you truly love this guy.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Honeycity(f): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ poster
i will suggest you take this thread to the family section for better response  cheesy
Re: A Lazy Husband by pendo89(f): 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I always wonder how Pastors survive, thought the Govrnment atleast pay them (when I wa young o).

Any man that is more religious than me is a no no. I pray not to be bored out of my life.

A true servant of God is one who works with his own hands and eats out of his own sweat.We have too many lazy dudes around waiting to feed on others hardwork. It makes me soo sick.
Even though we have a few honest ones,they are only a handful.I can smell a lazy one from very far as they are found at both extremes.
Excessively rich or too poor to afford a basic meal.

True this is a family section issue. You will get varied answers there and then you can work out smthing.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

[size=17pt]I always wonder how Pastors survive,[/size] thought the Govrnment atleast pay them (when I wa young o).

CHURCH Offerings! cheesy Anyone? grin grin grin
Re: A Lazy Husband by MMM2(m): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2011
Honeycity:

bad adviser grin

can i lick ur p winkwinkwinkwinklike honey
Re: A Lazy Husband by NET1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2011
All the disciples of Jesus Christ had meaningful jobs before they started following Jesus.

James, John and Peter were fishermen
Luke was a physician
Matthew was a Tax collector wink

and so on.

Personally, I dont understand how you allowed yourself to be deceived into marrying a man whose ONLY source of income is a church which he has not even started.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Osama10(m): 6:47pm On Sep 23, 2011
Did he pay your bride price or you paid his bridegroom price? shocked shocked shocked

Seems you were so desperate to get married. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: A Lazy Husband by tellwisdom: 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2011
can i lick your   p wink wink wink like honey

grin grin Yes u can babe, wink wink on here behalf. grin
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
.NET:

All the disciples of Jesus Christ had meaningful jobs before they started following Jesus.

James, John and Peter were fishermen
Luke was a physician
Matthew was a Tax collector wink

and so on.

[size=18pt]Personally, I dont understand how you allowed yourself to be deceived into marrying a man whose ONLY source of income is a church which he has not even started.[/size]
GBAM!10 GBAM!!100 GBAM!!!1000
Re: A Lazy Husband by pendo89(f): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^ you are not even helping her just making her feel worse cz the milk is already spilt. People make mistakes.
Hers was major but what to do now?  Picture a dude sitting on sofa the whole day doing nothing but reading bible!! grin
Good lord,I think I would place a sign outside the gate of our house reading 'Welcome all to the church of lazy dudes.'
Then go hide.
Re: A Lazy Husband by MMM2(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2011
tellwisdom:

[/color]

[color=#000099] grin grin Yes u can babe, wink wink on here behalf. grin

re u sure?
Re: A Lazy Husband by NET1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^I wrote those to prevent any other girl from making the same type of mistake. It is fatal. As for her, I dont know what she can do, because I know such men can be very obstinate and not willing to do any other job even if the offer comes.

Poster, please accept my sympathy.

.NET
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
pendo89:

^^ you are not even helping her just making her feel worse cz the milk is already spilt. People make mistakes.
Hers was major but what to do now?  Picture a dude sitting on sofa the whole day doing nothing but reading bible!! grin
Good lord,I think I would place a sign outside the gate of our house reading 'Welcome all to the church of lazy dudes.'
Then go hide.

grin grin grin grin. . . . . . . . . And praying for God to send him Money through e mail! grin grin grin grin What an A[b]S[/b]S! grin grin grin

pendo89:

[size=19pt]I wont ask you to pray cz am sure uv done that.You guys dont have kids,So to get him to act stay without providing for a week. Go hungry both of you.
Hes too comfortable cz your doing everything but instead of seeing your sacrifice and getting up to work,he sleeps more.
[/size]
OP! If this Method doesnt work, well. . . . . . . . It has to! Divorce is not an option at all! cool
Re: A Lazy Husband by omega25red(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
blessin011:

so you were expecting him to feed you with the money he gets from the church ehn? abi what has starting a ministry have to do with being able to provide for your family? you knew what you were heading into now lay on the bed you made
Re: A Lazy Husband by pendo89(f): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2011
Better still Pray like this

Dear God I first want to thank you for this great husband you gave me.
You have been faithful to supply our needs according to your riches in glory.
God you have said it in you word that whoever does not work should not eat.
Lord we don't want to go against your word and its for this reason that I have decided to fast dry!till you open a door for my hubby. hunger strike
God my heart aches at the thought of denying ourselves a great blessing in the name of a baby simply cz we cannot afford to raise one.
Haven't you said in your word that kids are a blessing and that blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them? It means that we are not enjoying your full blessings God and we are nothing but mean and very very selfish.Forgive us Lord.
Dear Father, help my husband to get a real job like the rest of the folks he ministers to. It's a shame to you Lord when your 'humble' servant eats from the handouts given by fellow brethren who toil day in day out for their families. My income is not even enough to help me buy him a nice pair of shoe,tie or even take him out for dinner!!
Please God,we have suffered enough shame and its time you gave my hubby a real job!.
In JC name Amen.
Pray like this everyday in his presence.
Re: A Lazy Husband by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
pendo89:

Better still Pray like this

Dear God I first want to thank you for this great husband you gave me.
You have been faithful to supply our needs according to your riches in glory.
God you have said it in you word that whoever does not work should not eat.
Lord we don't want to go against your word and its for this reason that I have decided to fast dry!till you open a door for my hubby. hunger strike
God my heart aches at the thought of denying ourselves a great blessing in the name of a baby simply cz we cannot afford to raise one.
Haven't you said in your word that kids are a blessing and that blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them? It means that we are not enjoying your full blessings God and we are nothing but mean and very very selfish.Forgive us Lord.
Dear Father, help my husband to get a real job like the rest of the folks he ministers to. It's a shame to you Lord when your 'humble' servant eats from the handouts given by fellow brethren who toil day in day out for their families. My income is not even enough to help me buy him a nice pair of shoe,tie or even take him out for dinner!!
Please God,we have suffered enough shame and its time you gave my hubby a real job!.
In JC name Amen.
[size=20pt]Pray like this everyday in his presence.[/size]

grin grin grin GBAM!10 GBAM!!100 GBAM!!!1000 GBAM!!!!10000 GBAM!!!!!100000  grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could My Dirty Past Be Haunting Me? Please Help Before I Go Crazy / Is Asking How Someone Died? Rude? / Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.