Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,458 members, 7,801,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu (1003 Views)

Halliburton $185M Legal Team Scam-how Ex-nba Pres Daudu 3 Others Shared Money / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Fuel Subsidy Removal; Why We Must Not Remain Silent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu by ak47mann(m): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2011
Benin – Mr Joseph Daudu (SAN), the President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), has called for urgent resolution of the raging crises in some parts of the country to save its fledgling democracy.

Daudu made the call in Benin on Friday in a paper entitled “Danger Signals to Nigeria’s Democracy”, which he delivered at the ongoing 7th All Nigeria Editors Conference.

He said the intermittent crises in the Plateau, the 2011 post-presidential election mayhem, the Niger Delta militancy, Boko Haram fundamentalism, as well as corruption, economic crimes and road carnage should be urgently addressed to save democracy in the country.

The NBA president said these issues were “very grave” and had led to unfortunate and violent events.

“It is agreed by all and sundry that if the root causes of these events and calamities are not resolved, then Nigeria may not remain a corporate entity for long.”

Daudu suggested the Nigerianisation of everybody in solving the Jos crisis, saying “the panacea lays in Nigerianising everybody; that is, there should be indigene and non-indigene.

“If you have elected to live among any ethnic group in Nigeria for an agreed number of years and demonstrated a desire to live there, then such a person should be qualified to append as his local government and state such place of his domicile.”

The president said the NBA had recommended to the National Assembly an amendment to Chapter 3 of the Constitution on Citizenship to introduce a new clause on internal citizenship.

He said the post-presidential election clashes called to question the unity of the country, political maturity and response of government to disturbances that could lead to loss of lives and property.

The NBA, he said, recommended that the perpetrators of the acts should be brought to book, while the National Assembly should enact stiffer laws to protect lives, liberty and property of Nigerians regardless of where they resided.

“The failure of justice has grave economic and political repercussions for such a society.

“Firstly, investors — local and foreign — will not put their funds in any tinderbox economy that is prone to conflagration at any point in time.”

Dauda said the Niger Delta crisis, Boko Haram insurgency, road carnage as well as economic and financial crimes threatened the unity and existence of the nation.

“That there are such incidents is not the issue, it is their frequency and regularity.

“Taken together, they portend great danger to the ship of state. It shows that the structure or machinery of government is weak and unable to guarantee the constitutional minimum of peace, order and good government.” said. (NAN)

VANGUARD NEWSPAPER
Re: Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu by ak47mann(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
COMMENTS FROM ALEXANDER

For me, from my childhood when i was born outside where my parents where born in Nigeria i was lebel a forigner in that state i was born and ppl call me names, and i was deprive of what is my right as a child including educational rights cos my parents didnt come from the state i was born. Thats when i took note and know that What we ragards as a nation now call[ NIGERIA]is not a nation.i dont invest in any other place in Nigeria as we are know now execpt where my parents where born cos i know this marrage call Nigeria wont last long.There are signs every where that this house call Nigeria will soon fall apart cos there are cracks every where you look.

COMMENTS FROM AMINU MALLAMI
You people must stop this joke, we are one. Our leaders should be begging those who ran away to come back since there is peace everywhere. Governors have equally promised to provide peaceful environment and increase in salaries for all. Let us plead with the businessmen and women, NYSC members to return. Lets start from here.

REPLY TO AMINU
You and your northern self-serving governors want Southerners and others that fled your atrocities to return so you could continue from you stopped? Why was it necessary to start the killing in the first place? I wonder what gives you northern muslims the impetus to think that you are the only group that has the right to violence. Since you are so contented in your little mud huts up there and cannot stand education nor civilization, why don't you let the Southerners form their own country while you stay in yours?

ANOTHER COMMENT FROM[b] LJILE

[/b]In my experience, the south does not really have problem. An Ibo man living in the west, although see himself/herself as Ibo, yet feel safe to conduct business and will not see his/her rights trend upon. Likewise, a Yoruba man living in the east. It is true that there are crimes in both east and west but it is not discriminatory in nature. Unfortunately, the problem has been North vs. South, even northerners living in the south are well secured and fear no retribution of any kind. This cannot be said for southerners living in the north and this cannot continue. It is a form of injustice and it is difficult for this to be happening and at the same time keep a straight face at saying that Nigeria is one.
As for God, I do not believe he recognizes countries; he sees us as his creation (human). Therefore, the decision to stay together lies with us. He will not change whether Nigeria is one or not. One major reason for the disintegration of a country is insecurity of its citizens, especially group/race/tribe.
As far as I am concern, I do not mind us as a nation but if some group cannot reason and learn to live peacefully with other; then let us simply separate. No race is inferior to another.
Re: Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu by ezeagu(m): 6:25am On Sep 24, 2011
Amen, Ise, Amin o!
Re: Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu by mail4gift2(m): 6:44am On Sep 24, 2011
am kinda happy, its been long i start hearing about separation in Nigeria but now its getting hot and hot everywhere i go, i even wore a Biafra cloth specially made by my Dad for me when i was 10yrs old, he told me a lot of stories about the Civil War and ever since, i stopped calling myself a Nigerian, even here in Malaysia, i tell people am from Biafra and they always ask where is that? i simply say its a Country in Africa close to Nigeria.

Nigeria can never be one because the Useless Hausa man can not stop killing my people, it was this same killing that lead to the Civil War and after the war, the Hausa's starved over 1 million of my people and are still killing my people till tomorrow, but not for long now.

It will be over before it even gets started and this will not be like the 70's, we the IGBOS have grown both in strength and population,

LONG LIVE BIAFRA,
Re: Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu by ak47mann(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2011
no one knows were Nigeria is heading undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu by ReachRich(m): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2011
Lets peacefully divide this entity,Nigeria,its long overdue.Lets peacefully divide this entity,Nigeria,its long overdue.
Re: Nigeria May Not Remain A Corporate Entity For Long – Daudu by Pukkah: 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2011
Take note, the overt and covert calls for a disintegrated Nigeria are getting louder and more strident.

(1) (Reply)

Un Suspends Travels To Nigeria Over Abuja Blast / The Revolution We Need / Fraudsters Dupe Ex-gov N3bn In A Bid To Avert Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.