Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites (8023 Views)

PHOTOS: "Borno Is Now Free From Boko Haram'' - Governor Shettima / Even "Usually Boning "Muazu Had To Laugh At This Jay-jay Okocha's Joke / Mbeki, Muazu, IBB, Abdulsalam Abubakar Pose For The Camera (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by OAM4J: 3:51am On Sep 25, 2011
[size=13pt]Boko Haram: Northern leaders are hypocrites, says Niger Governor[/size]

THE Chairman of the Northern Governors' Forum, Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu yesterday challenged leaders of the region to stand up and be counted in the battle against the menace of Boko Haram. In a down to earth speech he delivered at a meeting of the Northern Traditional Rulers Council held in Kaduna he berated leaders of the region for dragging their feet on the threat that Boko Haram has become to the region and the country in general.

"We cannot drag our feet any longer. We can't continue to double-speak in our handling of the issues, saying one thing in the open and acting differently in private. We must categorically say no to the recurring wave of bombing, terrorism and crime in our communities." Aliyu said.The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Abubakar Sa’ad who also spoke at the meeting condemned the spate of violence that across the region has led to the death of many.

Dr. Aliyu said that the North could not afford to fall into another crisis before taking necessary measures to safeguard the integrity and future of the region. The North, the governor stated, must collectively and categorically say no to the recurring wave of bombings, terrorism and crime in the region. According to him, the North must go beyond current efforts to address the underlying causes of these violence and take practical steps to "cure the disease and to move forward," adding that "to secure our future and forestall violence, crisis and conflicts, we must create the space and opportunities for people to realize their full potentials and aspirations".

Dr. Aliyu noted that Nigerians must decide whether they "are serious about lasting peace or merely paying lip service to it while some of us continue to remain in our comfort zones as our society is overtaken by violence, crime and extremism. "There is no doubt that as traditional and political leaders, we have a great opportunity to make the much needed difference. But we must remember that opportunity come with responsibility. We really need to properly define lasting peace – could it be merely bringing about an end to violence and conflicts in our communities and the nation or doing more?"

The governor added: "we have a responsibility to act decisively to conquer poverty, illiteracy, ignorance, diseases and extremism of all forms before we can genuinely hope to achieve desirable lasting peace and stability. "We must categorically say no to the recurring wave of bombing, terrorism and crime in our communities. But our responsibility does not end there. We need to go beyond that to address the underlying causes of these symptoms, to take practical steps to cure the diseases and to move forward. To secure our future and forestall violence, crisis and conflicts, we must create the space and opportunities for people to realize their potentials and aspirations.

"We need to do a lot at different levels to change the perception of the North as the bastion of violence, poverty and religious extremism. As traditional rulers, you can do a lot to assist the development process in the society by involving yourselves in matters that affect the socio-economic well being of the people". According to him, "as elites we have to take full responsibility for what is happening in the nation. we need to unite to protect the interest of those not so privileged, rather than remain fragmented in pursuit of narrow selfish interests, otherwise we will lose all.

"We must have the character to call a spade a spade, to condemn the unfortunate incidents on the Plateau, in Borno and Bauchi States as well as other parts of the Northern states and the nation in general. "We must be prepared to pay any price to achieve this goal because we cannot expect any tangible development and economic growth as a nation in the present atmosphere that we have found ourselves. "We should, therefore, be concerned about the rising incidence of religious ignorance and extremism in our communities, we should take deliberate steps to neutralize any suspicious religious groups with traits of intolerance and extremism."

He contended that "as prominent leaders, we should be decisive and courageous in tackling our socio-political problems as soon as they arise, to forestall their escalation and degeneration beyond control." In his address, the Sultan Abubakar Sa’ad lamented the lives that have been lost to series of violence in the north, pointing out that the nation’s politics and political processes should never be allowed to succumb to unfortunate outcome as witnessed during the last election.

The Sultan noted that "at this stage of our national development, we must be able to evolve institutions that should bring harmony and understanding among our people and to build consensus on those fundamental issues that affect our collective existence". He noted that the sustenance of peace and harmony within the respective communities depends upon the ability and the willingness of elected leaders to discharge effectively their responsibilities to those who elected them, adding that poverty has become a constant companion to a significant percentage of the population.

He noted that "I believe the time has come for us all to renew our determination as a people, as a region and as a nation, to resolve these crises. We must work together to ensure that peace, security and religious harmony return to every nook and corner of Northern Nigeria. "The rising spectre of youth unemployment is a stark reality that we cannot run away from… we need to address these issues seriously and concertedly at all levels of governance and we should do so with all the urgency that it deserves.

"We must say the truth and stand by it at all times. As religious and traditional rulers, this is the basis of our moral authority and the essence of our leadership. We must remain politically non-partisan, regardless of the enormity of the pressure for us to act otherwise". The Kaduna State Governor, Ibrahim Yakowa who was the host, noted that the meeting provided the opportunity for the Northern traditional rulers to review issues affecting the North and the country, particularly on matters of peace, security, stability and socio-economic progress and development.

"I salute your tireless determination and efforts in collaborating with one another toward finding a lasting solution to the frequent ethno-religious and political disturbances, as well as general insecurity in our region and the nation in general. We must never give up until we restore our region to the status of its glorious past where we had unity in diversity and focused plans for meaningful development," he said.

Four Governors, Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Umar Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa), the host, Yakowa, and Aliyu as well as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, attended the meeting.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/20800-boko-haram-northern-leaders-are-hypocrites-says-niger-governor.html
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by horny4u(f): 8:13am On Sep 25, 2011
"We must say the truth and stand by it at all times. As religious and traditional rulers, this is the basis of our moral authority and the essence of our leadership. We must remain politically non-partisan, regardless of the enormity of the pressure for us to act otherwise".

ododo oro !
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by jamace(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2011
Thank you, jare. Help me tell them. cool
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by okunboy: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2011
Gov'nor Aliyu had always been my favourite Northern Gov'nor.
But only 4 Gov'nors attended the meeting? Whay happend to the rest?
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by member479760: 8:52am On Sep 25, 2011
Aliyu for 2015!
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by dabrake(m): 9:06am On Sep 25, 2011
okunboy:

Gov'nor Aliyu had always been my favourite Northern Gov'nor.
But only 4 Gov'nors attended the meeting? Whay happend to the rest?
yes oh!
nakedall:

Aliyu for 2015!
he has ma vote
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by deols(f): 9:10am On Sep 25, 2011
hopefully, ds will go a long wayyyyyy
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by francisj(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2011
[/quote]The governor added: "we have a responsibility to act decisively to conquer poverty, illiteracy, ignorance, diseases and extremism of all forms before we can genuinely hope to achieve desirable lasting peace and stability. "We must categorically say no to the recurring wave of bombing, terrorism and crime in our communities. But our responsibility does not end there. We need to go beyond that to address the underlying causes of these symptoms, to take practical steps to cure the diseases and to move forward. To secure our future and forestall violence, crisis and conflicts, we must create the space and opportunities for people to realize their potentials and aspirations.

which future with religious intolerance @ it's peak in the north

[quote]The Sultan noted that "at this stage of our national development, we must be able to evolve institutions that should bring harmony and understanding among our people and to build consensus on those fundamental issues that affect our collective existence". He noted that the sustenance of peace and harmony within the respective communities depends upon the ability and the willingness of elected leaders to discharge effectively their responsibilities to those who elected them, adding that poverty has become a constant companion to a significant percentage of the population.

only wish the GEJ admin. will look in2 this point.

nakedall:

Aliyu for 2015!

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by sadyeek(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2011
Exactly!! Especially the clerics.
I still don't understand why they have been silent all the while. The most annoying and worst moment of all was when ex-governors apologised. That was rock bottom for me. It meant that they were the ones dictating how things should be and how the state or region should be governed. Make the governors puppets.

We need more leaders like this.

Aliyu for 2015!

Guy relax now, we don't need people to derail the thread.
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 25, 2011
The governor & co has shown that not all northern elites are heartless! What is babangida, atiku, ciroma, buhari e.t.c doing/saying regarding boko haram? NOTHING. They 'll rather kill/play politics with the lives of their people that needs basic amenities, education, developments. Even animals i presume have conscience but most northern elites do not!
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by ikeyman00(m): 10:39am On Sep 25, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa; haa clearing throat

right make no mistake; this is one reason i say what i say here in nl; cuz when i speak i know they are listening hahhahha [size=28pt]soldier[/size] yes sir

unlike some of all yall mofos out there sitting and waiting for some aliens to fix up NIgeria we are different

yes i do call all those sons of drunken mallams cowards cuz they are really coward and bas stards in looting under the implentation of shaira

the same uselsess abokis will still come in and try to tell us this is this and this is what in nl.

right if islam is what is then all northen should be stoned!!!

hmmm IBB never know u are so much of a p ussi shocked
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by okunboy: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2011
@ikeyman00
Have u made any point really? Calm ur nerves and be reasonable!
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2011
too late Mr. Governor!

The monster has outgrown its masters - Lets wait for their reaction to this speech

I hope they bomb the stupid Sultan! lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by lafuria1(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2011
gov aliyu is just an orator who knws hw 2 talk but no action. Give him any topic today, he wil surely impress u but take a visit 2 his state, d pple dont speak well of him
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by Lekkerlife(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2011
Learn how to make euros every week, enjoy free holiday trip to anywhere in the world
Go to the link on my signature below
Thx

Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by adamaw2tuf: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2011
real action and not another propaganda media show after a gravious damege has been done.you must ask the victims rellatives of these cowardish act how they are coping and what sort justice they would sugest,i'm sure they wouldnt go for talk talk just to calm down and tomorrow another life will be lost and more pains and suffering for more families.[tr][/tr]LET US SEE HONEST ACTIONS AND NOT A MERE SHOW TO MAKE ME THINK OH SOMBODY IS DOING SOMTHING AND THEN NOT WATCH MY BACK COS WE HAVE SEEN THIS BEFORE IN THE 1980s WHEN WE WERE KIDS WITH A GROUP OF TERRORIST GROUP CALLED THEMSELVES "MAI TA SI NA" WITH ONE OF THEIR LEADERS CALLED " MUSA MAIKANIKI" NOW THEY HAVE EVOLVED WITH A NEW NAME.HOW CAN ANYONE TRUST THESE BUNCH GREEDY AND SELFISH GANGMASTERS?[td][/td]
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by Otunbakay(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2011
Our problems in this country have never been how 2 address pressing issues by words of mouth, infact we are d best orator in d world but our problem has been addressing issues through concrete actions- forget those mallams, their lips are far apart from their heart.Our problems in this country have never been how 2 address pressing issues by words of mouth, infact we are d best orator in d world but our problem has been addressing issues through concrete actions- forget those mallams, their lips are far apart from their heart.
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by moshoodn(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2011
Aliyu for 2015? A big NO cos this is is second term already.
Its like most of y'all don't know him, well i finished from FUT minna and i can tell you some things bout that guy.
1. The guy is a born orator. . . Just second to cicero of old.
2. He loves publicity or anything that will bring him to limelight.
3. He doesn't give a hoot bout you.
So, i'm putting it on you that all what he said is all for the media. . . The limelight!
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by MMM2(m): 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2011
lekker4life

what re u selling ?
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by mallorca(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2011
Only 4 Governors out 19 Northern Governors shocked shocked i smell fish, Sultan is Registerd member of Boko Haram,useless man
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by speeder(m): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2011
Muazu are the kind of leaders we need: he stands for no one not even the Muslim. Thanks to muazu. U have my nod,
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by nnwniger: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2011
I always know that there're very good Muslims everywhere, but no one can be fooled to believe that some northern leaders hands are not in all these. Creed is the problem in that area and so these northern leaders because of creed allow their religion to take back seat. Whenever an average Nigerian think of Boko Haran, they think Islam, so sad
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2011
nakedall:

Aliyu for 2015!

what nonsense!
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by joe4christ(m): 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2011
Most of you guys commend this guy cos u dont have a clue of what he's made up of, he's an orator indeed, but he sincerely does'nt give a shi't about you all he's conscern about is publicity.
I speak cos i currently reside in minna, come down here and behold his incompetence & corruption displayed all over the city of minna,
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa; haa clearing throat

right make no mistake; this is one reason i say what i say here in nl; cuz when i speak i know they are listening hahhahha soldier yes sir

unlike some of all yall mofos out there sitting and waiting for some aliens to fix up NIgeria we are different

yes i do call all those sons of drunken mallams cowards cuz they are really coward and bas stards in looting under the implentation of shaira

the same uselsess abokis will still come in and try to tell us this is this and this is what in nl.

right if islam is what is then all northen should be stoned!!!

hmmm IBB never know u are so much of a p ussi

Ikeyman000. . . . . . . .how many years have I known you now, and you are still them same guy!
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by okunboy: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2011
joe4christ:
Most of you guys commend this guy cos u dont have a clue of what he's made up of, he's an orator indeed, but he sincerely does'nt give a shi't about you all he's conscern about is publicity.
I speak cos i currently reside in minna, come down here and behold his incompetence & corruption displayed all over the city of minna, 

When some of u make a blanket statemnt accusing sombdy of corruption wtout substantiating it, one wonders if u are jst trying to b mischievious or jst talking 4 d sake of it.
Gov'nor Aliyu is the only northern Gov'nor thta has declared free education all in the secondary skool in the state for indigenes n non-indigenes alike. Paid 4 for all neco and waec candidates irrespective of whether u are indegenes or not. Go n check ur facts n stop making a blanket statmnt of corruption wtout facts.
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by ikeyman00(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2011
@@@@

once again it good to see this tribalsitic boy which u really are!

whats up?? u went to jail?
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by moshoodn(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2011
@JOE4CHRIST
WHAT PART OF MINNA DO YOU STAY?
Graduated from FUT MINNA.
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by enomakos(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2011
i think the some of the northern governor are the sponsor of boko haram
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by joe4christ(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2011
okunboy:

joe4christ:

When some of u make a blanket statemnt accusing sombdy of corruption wtout substantiating it, one wonders if u are jst trying to b mischievious or jst talking 4 d sake of it.
Gov'nor Aliyu is the only northern Gov'nor thta has declared free education all in the secondary skool in the state for indigenes n non-indigenes alike. Paid 4 for all neco and waec candidates irrespective of whether u are indegenes or not. Go n check your facts n stop making a blanket statmnt of corruption wtout facts.

AN ADVICE FOR AN IGNORAMUS LIKE YOU:
Next time when you're not sure or adequately informed about a given topic pls do u pathetic self the favour of shutting up that fin u call a mouth.
I've been a citizen of minna for the past 18yrs now so i'm in better position to gist u facts about happenings in minna city, and i bet u when i see true developement & improvement then i still stand tall on the platform of pointing it out to the whole universe.

I sincerely do not gat much time for arguments, i can only advice to come down to minna & see things for yourself, or rather ask any secondarian residing in minna to give u hint into the shi't the governor is doing in the educational sector of the state and it's effect on them.
[quote][/quote]

AN ADVICE FOR AN IGNORAMUS LIKE YOU:
Next time when you're not sure or adequately informed about a given topic pls do u pathetic self the favour of shutting up that fin u call a mouth.
I've been a citizen of minna for the past 18yrs now so i'm in better position to gist u facts about happenings in minna city, and i bet u when i see true developement & improvement then i still stand tall on the platform of pointing it out to the whole universe.

I sincerely do not gat much time for arguments, i can only advice to come down to minna & see things for yourself, or rather ask any secondarian residing in minna to give u hint into the shi't the governor is doing in the educational sector of the state and it's effect on them.
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2011
This is the best Gov. from the north so far, I wish say Boko Haram no go kpeme am soon soon, Me like his straight forwadness, but what of BH & their sponsors.
Re: Boko Haram: Governor Muazu Called Nothern Leaders Hypocrites by bisiaet: 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2011
This man Aliyu has always be my only main man in the North he is be staniding so tall and say the truth when the need be I definately know some other governors will not attend because truely those who abstain from the meeting because of fake excuses are truely a "COWARD", they are simply the one behind the scene of Boko animals.

Aliyu you are a true face of humanity among animals called Northern leaders or Northern elders and that is why you always stand out amongs them may God bless you(Aliyu) and punish all the silly cowards who think all in life is force and kill to rule a country and the same people still goes out to say oh we are the leaders of the North an elder statemen whereas they are just simply "elder sillyman and elder nonsensemen". May God punish them all the a s s h o l e pretenders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why Nigeria Remains Underdeveloped / Give South Africans Break: Nigeria Is Worse! / President Buhari Warns Cabinet Members Against Unnecessary Altercation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.