Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 (5949 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The Federation Cup?

Enyimba: 62% (17 votes)
Heartland: 37% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015 / NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Heartland On Monday 27th April / Eyimba Vs Dolphins FC Federation Cup Final ( 2 - 1) On 23rd November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by OAM4J: 4:44am On Sep 25, 2011
[size=13pt]Federation Cup final: Enyimba, Heartland in Oriental classic[/size]

By John Egbokhan

The Teslim Balogun Stadium will be literally rocked to its foundation today when Enyimba confront Heartland in the final of the Federation Cup.

Dubbed the ‘Ultimate Oriental Battle’ by football fans, today’s high-profile match, which is billed to start at 4pm, sees two rival teams from the eastern part of Nigeria, coming against each other, to determine who become the champions of the oldest soccer competition in the country.

In its 66th edition this year, the competition, which has changed from the All Nigeria Governor’s Cup to the Challenge Cup, then to the Coca Cola FA Cup and now to the Federation Cup, might have lost some of its rich value over the years, still ranks as one of the most sought after trophies in the football calendar season.

Interestingly, one of today’s finalists, Enyimba have emerged as the most successful club since the competition was renamed Federation Cup in 2009 and would be hoping to win it again this year.

Their coach, Okey Emordi, who was in charge when they won their first Cup title in 2005, said last night that they were good for the title but added that they were going to face a stern test from their eternal rivals from the Owerri, Heartland.

“We are good for the Cup but it is going to come at a cost because we are facing a team who do not like losing to us. They are our brothers but also our rivals and in such a situation, you find out that things are bound to be very tough”, said Emordi.

Emordi, in his quest for victory, will hope his strikers, find their ranges in today’s explosive finale. He will be counting on the likes of David Tyavkase, who is their most experienced and most decorated player, Junior Osagie, another essential forward, in the star-littered Enyimba team and Uche Kalu, who has become one of the most influential players in the Aba-based side.

For Heartland, the chance to play in the final of the Fed Cup, has presented them another opportunity to  seal a place to play in next season’s CAF Confederation Cup. This fact is not lost on their Dutch Coach,  Lodewijk de Kruif, who however said that he was not under pressure going into today’s classic final against Enyimba.

“Of course, we came here to collect the cup otherwise it is no use coming over here. It is one game; it is a long road coming here. We did well in those roads, I tell you the beginning was difficult but after several games, the Federation Cup was becoming more important for us than anything else in the world because in the league it was a bit disappointing.

“When I came in the team was 13th on the log but we are 10th on the table now, so in the very early stage we already knew it was not possible for us to collect a continental ticket in the league. So we have to focus on the Federation Cup.

“I am not under any pressure; the pressure is playing good football. When we play good football we have a big chance to win the cup. There is no pressure for me, the only thing we do is to focus on the game, focus on the players and prepare them as well as we can for Sunday’s match”, added Coach de Kruif.

The likes of Super Eagles’ Chibuzor Okonkwo, Bassey Akpam, Daniel Akpeyi, Chinedu Efugh, Obinna Nwachukwu , Chibuzor Ozurumba and Batholomew Ibenegbu are the players who Coach Kruif will be banking on to win today’s match.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/federation-cup-final-enyimba-heartland-in-oriental-classic/
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2011
As always, I expect my darling team,enyimba to crush the heartland boys.
We have one of the most ruthless team on the continent!
Nzogbu,Nzogbu, Enyimba, Enyi !!
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by saintneo(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2011
The Spartans should take this one. I want Enyimba to be fired up for CAF CL.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Ifystar: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2011
Both sides are good but the victory is meant for the best among them.
I will give the victory because I like their playing pattern.
Would have love to be at TB stadium to watch it live.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Funkymallam(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2011
Na wa ooo. Niaralanders! A thread about d gr8est cup final in Nigeria, n yet its dis deserted. If it were man u/ chelsea or madrid/barca, the comments n pages wud v been smtinelse.
Lets support our own jor.
My team Enyimba to carry d day. Hw i wish it was kano pillars!
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2011
@funkymallam,u culdnt have said it better.its a shame ! The truth is that our league is actually getting better.eventhough I am not in nigeria,but I still follows it religiously on supersports.
People need to be sensitized on what is actually going because the organization,security,officiating,sponsorship and other areas of the league are getting better.
People need to start going to the stadium to see these boys play,and in doing we subconciously input financially to the growth of our league.we need to add color and excitement to our league. If the boys start seeing a full stadium come watch them week in,week out,that will greatly improve their motivation to play a better football.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by MMM2(m): 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2011
Éyimba 3 smiley

Heartland 0 angry
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by RickyRoss1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2011
I am a die hard Chelsea Fan, on the National level I support my home side Heartland FC and I want them to win today.
On the continental stage i support Enyimba or any other Nigerian club,

When in Nigeria these days I dont go to the stadium anymore bc of this Boko Haram Bulllshitt, I know it has not happened yet but i suspect these crazy Hausa Muslims will start attacking any crowded area sooner than later. The earlier they share this country the better for all of us. Nigeria is becoming a laughing stock with each passing day. I have defended this country for too long. I am tired of having to defend Nigeria everywhere i go, from Ghana to Europe and the rest. Everyday Obi is a boy, WHEN WILL OBI EVER GONNA FINALLY BE A MAN
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Funkymallam(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2011
Pls we need someone @ d stadium to give us live updates.
How I wish, am in lagos, wud v been dia live. Peeps its just btw N300 n N500 for tickets, do justice to 9ja for once.
@Nri priest. I wonder for our ppl, too much tok n no action, they will b d first to criticize but cant render help in any lil way
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Eldeedon(m): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2011
up enyimba!!!
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by romeo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2011
Hot Match!!
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2011
what are the scores?
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by ifyalways(f): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2011
Scores anyone?Na wao

*waves at UsuRome*
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by macjive01: 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
goal up heartland
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Pharoh: 5:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
Please what is the score ooo.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2011
any links grin grin grin grin
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Pharoh: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2011
You can follow the live commentary from this site . . .it is better than nothing.

http://www.obuksmedia.com/html/news.php?nid=330
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2011
heartland has taken d lead. 1-0 it is
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by OmoTier1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
Match on AIT live but WARNING: Turn down the audio commentary, PATHETIC is the word to describe it!
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2011
heartland 1 enyimba O HT scores
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2011
second half underway
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2011
enyimba really pushing hard to equalize
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by honeric01(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2011
Eyimba in a haste 2 respond but heartland not ready to give up the lead. 2 sub 4 eyimba.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by iykak47: 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2011
pls Baba GOD  give heartland this day, but compensate enyimba with caf champions league, they are our brothers.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2011
and heartland are federation cup winners
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2011
one nil it ended
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by honeric01(m): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2011
waooo:

and heartland are federation cup winners

Nice one heartland.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by iykak47: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2011
you have done it for us, Baba GOD thank you sir grin grin tongue, up heartland
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
they truly deserved it, they were more determines
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by enomakos(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2011
why ? why? why?
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by Princek12(m): 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2011
If Chelsea and Man U were playing, everyone and their grandpa would be commenting, but now that our own home-based team is playing, people are nowhere to be found.
Re: Federation Cup Final: Eyimba Vs Heartland (0 - 1) On Sunday 25th September 2011 by honeric01(m): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2011
And where were u while the game was going on?And where were u while the game was going on?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Spain Deserve To Win This World Cup? / Breaking: Bet9ja Might Be In Serious Debt Over Goal Scorer Stake / Which UK Bookmaker And Betting Sites Accept Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.