Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,535 members, 7,801,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? (1769 Views)

Naeto C Quits Storm Records / Is Ikechuku On Mo'hits Or Storm Records ? / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by saucekid(m): 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2007
I have brought this forward for deliberation before the panel of nairalanders

which is the best record label/company we have right now in Nigeria?
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by dragonroll: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2007
facing watz hotting on,i think storm records is the hotest record label.dem hot!
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by Neme6(m): 11:21am On Sep 06, 2007
Talking of record Labels, there is a new record label in 9ja now. Its Edline Records. It is a part of Edline entertainment. I was there on Monday and recorded my First track. The Company is the bomb, cheap and affordable and promises to help loads of 9ja under ground artists. They will shoot a free video for any artist that book 3 sessions.
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by moondust(m): 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2007
we were deliberating on the Best here and not the cheapest!
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by saucekid(m): 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2007
@ NEME,

where is the studio situated?we'd like to know so we can fix them in htis poll
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by heyo: 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2007
i prefer kennis music,they know how 2 push their artistes far n wide,the only thing is adt they dont sign up good artistes.Sauce wats up?
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by saucekid(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2007
@ heyo,

whats happening?
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by skingo(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2007
u aint saucekid, stop lyin, sauce kid no get nairaland account and i know bcoz him dey my facebook friends so dont believe him
and why would sauce kid be askin bout the best label in nigeria without puttin q beats ent?
e no make sense,
scam artist
all na format!
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by Neme6(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2007
It is situated @

no 33, Akinosiyemi street
Hilton Bus stop
Off Allen Avenue
Ikeja.

This is a label with High tech equipments.
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by Neme6(m): 9:18am On Sep 10, 2007
moondust :

I will choose Kennis music at the moment, Storm records has a lot of artists but none of them really made the international stardom Tuface made under Kennis.

It is not really appropriate to just signed alot of artists under a label, it will be hard for the management to give them all the required publicity and attention. Kennis did it at first, they could only give Tuface the needed attention and all other artists were complaining.

A good example is Mo' Hits, don jazzy pushed D'banj for about 2 years and after d'banj made the name he now has a few more artists.
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by suze(f): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2007
My anlysis is as follows:
Kennis music knows how to promote artistes. Thats what they ar good at.But it seems that now what they like doing is to take artistes that are are already very well known and succesful to an extent and them improve on them. Take 2-face Idibia and now the most recently signed Olu-maintain. Kennis Music does not sign up fresh talents anymore unlike when thay first started. But as per videos they are not the best.

Question Mark is good in musical videos. But i dont think their artistes are well promoted. The only artiste I know there is thay group that sang "street life".I cant remember their name but they are very good.

Storm records is good. They have quite a number of talents on their label: Jazzman, Dare, Gt da guuiutar man. THey are good in discovering talents and their videos are quite good too.Stirm records are also very good inthe insrtumentals they add to the artistes songs.

Orangotan records hardly show their artistes videos.I know of Ashionye and Fadabasi on their record label. I've only watched asionyes video a couple of times and I never got to see the video of that lovely fadabasi's song "ayaya" that was used for the fidelity bank advert

If I'm an artiste and I have d opportunity to choose,I'll choose storm records to mix my songs for me,question mark records to do my video for me and then Kennis music to promote me!!
Re: Storm Records,kennis Music,orangotan,questionmark: Which Is The Best? by overboard(m): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
Pls let us not confuse record labeel and recording studio! Yes most record labels in 9ja have studios but that is 4 their artists and 4 commercial uses. They don't neccessarily shoot videos for people either. All the above have studios, going to use their studio does not mean a thing like being signed on the label. People usually tend to think labels are record studios and vice versa. If talking about quality of studios, Orangootan and Questionmark rule but Im not sure if the former uses theirs commercially. If you need to shoot videos, get to production companies but that is not to say that the labels cant connect you but why do dat when ther's DJT, Clarence, Wudi Awa dem there?

(1) (Reply)

Download Naija Music & Music Videos at site http://wetin-dey.com / New Sade Adu Album / Bragging Rights - Freestlye ft Blaise: Remember?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.