Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? (14662 Views)

Solution To Getting BIS Edge Or 3g Network Symbol On Android. / Etisalat 3G On Android. Pls Somebody Help. / ***** Etisalat 3g ***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by jdoss: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2011
I walked into an Etisalat center, and was informed that they will be launching their 3G service tomorrow(26th September 2011). I also came across this on the ZTE website:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwwwen.zte.com.cn%2Fendata%2Fmobile%2FNigeria%2FNigeria_Instruction%2F201108%2FP020110826325535493699.pdf&rct=j&q=etisalat%20nigeria%203g%20hsupa&ei=SEJ_TuWUDuKm0QWNmpHJCQ&usg=AFQjCNE1mHHaa6jRdSc3iOiMC2TavyKFuw&cad=rja

I wonder if this means they will be launching the first HSUPA network in Nigeria(the modem is 7.2Mbps down and 5.76Mbps up). The guy said they had some big launch plans, but he would not go into detail

If anyone has any info on this(network specs and new plans), please let me know.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Dabss(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, i started getting etisalat 3g here in kd since july. I did not knw that it was yet to be lauched cos i was wondering why nothing on their 3g works (calling/ browsing).
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by bimbor(m): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2011
Me too, I started seeing the 3G speeds (HSUPA) on my Etisalat Modem since Last month, though its crazily fast!! But i can assure you its a money ripper, cos u'd finish 500MB in just 5 days!!!
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Jeezy: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2011
Yaay! Etisalat 3G live. No to review the data plans wink wink wink
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by aieromon(m): 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2011
Once they launch their 3G services,i'm dumping MTN.
I enjoyed their EDGE services two years ago.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by jdoss: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2011
It looks like they launched today:

http://www.etisalat.com.ng/easyblaze/data_calc.php

42Mbps shocked talk about bleeding edge.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by lynxnoon(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2011
They launched it today n its 3.75G (HSPA+)
Hmmm. . . Their data plan (EASYBLAZE) makes some sense, at least u can carry over remaining data to the next subscription undecided
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2011
lyxnooon:
They launched it today n its 3.75G (HSPA+)
Hmmm. . . Their data plan (EASYBLAZE) makes some sense, at least u can carry over remaining data to the next subscription undecided

Yeah. . .just saw it in the news on TV

Boys need to get back to the lab sharply o cos e be like sey na Etisalat go sweet pass grin

Meanwhile, is anyone currently using their data bundle plan on PC? Wetin their speed be like?
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2011
I use their service on the PC but hardly gets more than edge, i can't wait to get the 3G network soon.
BTW, they should introduce their night plan too.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2011
Etisalat launches 3.75G EasyBlaze HSPA+ mobile broadband internet
http://mobility.com.ng/2011/09/26/etisalat-launches-easyblaze-hspa-mobile-broadband-internet/

]

10 Quick FACTS ABOUT EASYBLASE
1. Easyblaze is Etisalat’s high speed broadband internet service
2. It operates on a 3.75G HSPA+ technology that can achive top speeds of up to 42Mbps
3. HSPA+ means – High Speed Packet Access
4. HSPA+ is the latest release of the 3G technology versions
5. Etisalat is the only GSM operator in Nigeria to offer 3.75G HSPA+ broadband internet service.
6. easyblaze enables Etisalat subscribers faster internet browising and downloads, video calling, live video streaming, interactive online games, live music streaming online and more.
7. Easyblaze is currently accessible in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Akwa, Nnewi, Warri, Kaduna, Kano, Zaria, Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, and Benin.
8. Easyblaze has several data plans including 200MB, 500MB, 1.5GB, Night & Weekend, 3G and 6GB.
9. Easyblaze is accessible using 3G enabled devices such as Smartphones, Tablets, USB modems, Routers and MiFis.
10. There are a number of new features available with this service as follows:
- Auto-renewal: Automatic renewal allows subscribers to purchase any of our data plans, as long as the subscriber has sufficient airtime credit in his account.
- Data Roll-Over: This allows a subscriber to rollover unused MB of the current data plan provided a new data purchase can be made before the end of validity period of the unused or active data plan.
- Product speed cap: Ability to apply cap on the speed per product and PAYG speed cap

The Huawei U8180 Codename "Gaga" is sleek, and costs only N20,000

Apparently, Etisalat Nigeria is in partnership with Huawei for terminal supply, as a list of Huawei devices were available, including the sexy, budget Android smartphone, the Huawei U8180 “Gaga” phone, and the E5 Mifi device for connecting up to 5 devices via Wifi.

The Mifi also a Huawei product

Easyblaze is currently the fastest mobile broadband internet service in Nigeria.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by aieromon(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2011
They berra work on their data plan bundles.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 27, 2011
Whats the difference between HSDPA and HSUPA?

i once had 45mbps on MTN WCDMA, no be lie.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by semid1(m): 1:08am On Sep 27, 2011
aieromon:
They berra work on their data plan bundles.

honeric01:
BTW, they should introduce their night plan too.

They have different data bundle plans including Night but it seems MTN's Night plan (3GB @ N2500 From 9pm-6am for a Month) is still the cheapest as theirs is N5000 for 3GB Data from 9pm-7am for a month.

http://www.etisalat.com.ng/easynet.php
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 1:38am On Sep 27, 2011
semid+:

They have different data bundle plans including Night but it seems MTN's Night plan (3GB @ N2500 From 9pm-6am for a Month) is still the cheapest as theirs is N5000 for 3GB Data from 9pm-7am for a month.

http://www.etisalat.com.ng/easynet.php

Why 1.3480 and not 1.3425 or thereabout? hope you know this is likely never going to happen this week except a VERY positive news come out from EUROPE on Wednesday?
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by honeric01(m): 1:43am On Sep 27, 2011
I think same with airtel, 2,500 but my airtel hasn't been browsing, so i just abandoned it somewhere.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by moshoodn(m): 3:14am On Sep 27, 2011
Well, this really sounds good.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by otokx(m): 3:51am On Sep 27, 2011
prices are on the high side
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by MeandSum: 4:29am On Sep 27, 2011
wow! $50 for 6GB a month! WTF!
I'll go buy a rose for every female staff in my internet service provider's office tomorrow. The guys would get 3 shots of vodka , first we'll drink to our health! second shot to constant internet connection at affordable rate! and the 3rd one as always in Russian and Ukrainian , To Love! that we may love and always be loved! smiley

jokes apart, I hope prices start falling for you guys soon, this is quite an embarrassment, giant of African
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Debroslink: 7:05am On Sep 27, 2011
I can't wait to test this 3.75g with IWP. Omo d speed will be awesome. Expecting 1MBps download speed.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:12am On Sep 27, 2011
Na wa for the phrasing of this thread on the homepage o undecided

Which one be Etisalat To Launch 3G Network Hsupa? like sey na future dem wan do the thing when it was launched yesterday? grin

Meanwhile, my post on this thread was blocked by the spambot. It be appreciated if the post is made visible wink
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 27, 2011
Etisalat, referrd to as EMTS in d industry, has bn planning its 3g network for months now. With the speeds v bn seeing it's probably going to b d best among them all. Not so fast though. We are going to v slight issues because they are just making frantic, last-minute efforts to have the network optimized. And we know a network not so well-optimiz'd can't b a gud one. The intention, however, is to optimize fully after deployment.
Not everyone is going to get the maddening DL speeds you v bn seeing. Some locations, such as oriental hotel, are going to get speeds in excess of 25Mbps.
And to note, eti may be the first to launch HSUPA with their Dpa. . .
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by jdoss: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2011
babaearly:

Whats the difference between HSDPA and HSUPA?

i once had 45mbps on MTN WCDMA, no be lie.

Hsupa has to do with upload speeds While HSDPA deals with download speed.
Upload on all the other 3g networks is 384 Kbps. Etisalat might be the first to go higher than that, maybe around 5.76 Mbps
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by chuksme(m): 8:34am On Sep 27, 2011
their services is too poor in my area now.I can't even open anything with it. it  is boring.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 27, 2011
Ermmm dats cool, if it covers all major locations in Lagos, undecided
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by tivta(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2011
Am yet to see thier so calle 3.75g. What i get here is edge and it is as slow as gprs. They better cover the whole of lagos fast.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 27, 2011
tivta:

Am yet to see thier so calle 3.75g. What i get here is edge and it is as slow as gprs. They better cover the whole of lagos fast.
They are almost everywhere in Lagos. Where do live? If you are close to city center, you should be receiving Etisalat's 3G already.

jdoss:

Hsupa has to do with upload speeds While HSDPA deals with download speed.
Upload on all the other 3g networks is 384 Kbps. Etisalat might be the first to go higher than that, maybe around 5.76 Mbps
True. But most network providers work on the assumption that people do more downloads than uploads. Browsing, itself, is merely downloading pages. With Etisalat's HSUPA they'd be changing things in the industry
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by COMPAQ(m): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2011
That would be really great. Cos we definately need better upload speed. My MTN 3G which gives me fast enough download speeds (average of about 800kbps), uploads ridiculously slow (about 80kbps) that takes me almost 15mins just to upload a 4Mb picture from my digital camera to flickr.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by ogbongzky(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2011
It is a new plan that supports auto renewal, data roll-over. Works with phones and modems and has new subscription codes. Includes Night plans.

You can read more about it here: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2011/09/etisalat-easyblaze-plans-and-codes-for.html
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by OmichaelO: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2011
am not getting 3G signals yet.if i search i'd see etisalat 3g,but if i try to activate it,it shows NO ACCESS.
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2011
COMPAQ:

That would be really great. Cos we definately need better upload speed. My MTN 3G which gives me fast enough download speeds (average of about 800kbps), uploads ridiculously slow (about 80kbps) that takes me almost 15mins just to upload a 4Mb picture from my digital camera to flickr.
Though I am not advertising for Etisalat, I must say you'll experience better with their uploading. I have run tests on their current 3G network for optimization purposes. Uploads can go as fast as 4Mbps for regular users.

O.michael.O:

am not getting 3G signals yet.if i search i'd see etisalat 3g,but if i try to activate it,it shows NO ACCESS.
The network is not yet fully accessible. They are still working on it, I believe
Re: Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? by COMPAQ(m): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
This link provides useful info for all those interested in the different technologies out there

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=376&p=2707

The data roll over by Etisalat makes sense o!!! That's a really good marketing move!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Should Pay 9% Tax For SMS, Data, MMS / Time Service And Monkey Test Disturbing My Phone...help!!! / FG Extends NIN-SIM Verification Deadline Till March 31, 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.