Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Dating Indian Men - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Dating Indian Men (40008 Views)

I Am Waiting Indian Male In Dallas Texas Any One Indian Matured Ladys Of Singles / Any Girls Looking For An Indian Boyfriend...???? / Nigerian Girls And Indian Girls, Who Is Better For A Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Indian Men by victoria1(f): 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2006
how do you african girls feel about dating indian guys? how many of you would date one?
Re: Dating Indian Men by Free(f): 4:53am On Mar 03, 2006
indian boyzzz undecided undecided
i havent really come across any but anywayz
am only attracted to black men kiss kiss
Re: Dating Indian Men by Thagodfada(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2006
Sorry to jump into this female conversation but i went to school with a lot of girls and guyz from India and i don't see any reason why you can't date them. But beware of their culture. They are very strict regarding the role of a woman in the house. Check that out.
Re: Dating Indian Men by whitelexi(m): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2006
I like variety because its the spice of life,  Indian girls are not bad at all and if u think i'm lying, wait till u try an indian muslim grin
Re: Dating Indian Men by ashric(f): 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2006
I'm half indian and grew up in indian culture and i absolutely will not date an indian boy again. My cousin and i dated Indian Muslim brothers. She married hers, I moved on. She now wants to leave him because she has no freedom. The boy changed after they got serious. I know some indian boys (like my cousins) who are nice but they are few. Even my mom says indian men don't want a wife, they want a slave! Indian girls are another story. She treats her man like a king, and is always dutiful regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Indian Men by Rhodalyn(f): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2006
as long as he's fineeeeeeeeeeeeeee then no probs
Re: Dating Indian Men by Thagodfada(m): 7:17pm On Mar 03, 2006
ashric:

I'm half indian and grew up in indian culture and i absolutely will not date an indian boy again. My cousin and i dated Indian Muslim brothers. She married hers, I moved on. She now wants to leave him because she has no freedom. The boy changed after they got serious. I know some indian boys (like my cousins) who are nice but they are few. Even my mom says indian men don't want a wife, they want a slave! Indian girls are another story. She treats her man like a king, and is always dutiful regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

Thatz an example of what i was saying earlier. The role of a woman in indian culture is a little spooky.
Re: Dating Indian Men by ashric(f): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2006
Thagodfada:

Thatz an example of what i was saying earlier. The role of a woman in indian culture is a little spooky.

Tell me about it. It has been the demise of many.
Re: Dating Indian Men by AngelMary(f): 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2006
I got married after dating my husband (who is an Indian) for a long time. Indian men , when you closely examine is almost similar to Nigerians. They treat their partners with respect and love, and can be very supportive and encouraging. They wouldn't want their wives to have a loose lifestyle and will not tolerate adultery at any cost. From what I've understood, the men there believes in a two-in-one package. Somebody who is successful both as a homemaker as well as a career woman (Some of them can be egoistic too). Great food, love and care is all you need to win their heart. Another important thing is that, when you date an Indian man, you date his entire family. So make sure you are good to his parents, siblings, grandparents and extended family.

A word of caution : Make sure you go for someone who is well-educated. Else you will have a tough time managing them wink

1 Like

Re: Dating Indian Men by Idekeson(m): 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2006
The word on the street is that an average Indian man can be very shrewd about money. That rubs a lot of people the wrong way. There may be exceptions but sincerely, I haven't met one yet.
Re: Dating Indian Men by chinani(f): 12:15am On Mar 04, 2006
interesting topic b/c i just got over my south asian boy tripp, it was a nice trip. grin
where i live (THE H) and all over TEXAS they're a LOT OF SEXY SOUTH ASIAN MEN (bengali, paki, indian, etc.) i dont have a prob. w/ dating one b/c i relate alot to them as a 1st generation american, as a person w/ "foreign" parents etc. here they're alot like africans in america: they love food, parties and are trying to maintain/balance their culture in america.

at my U the muslim students assc. & the iranian stud. assc. LOVED the african std. assc. the feeling was mutual and our communities really vibed. even the ppl who werent in those clubs, if they found out i was nigerian it was all HUGS and KISSES.

yet from what i noticed, S.A.s love to date each other which is fine by me. but if one comes my way, it'll be all kiss ***smooches***
Re: Dating Indian Men by Dauda(m): 4:11am On Mar 04, 2006
More power to you if you want to date Indian men or women. Don't leave home without your breath mint though.
Re: Dating Indian Men by larger20(m): 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2006
ashric:

maybe cos they are muslim, but oh well i think all u said about indian men is true, I might be opening up a software company in india due to their smart programming asses. I like their courage and determination.also labor is cheap there compared to the US.
Re: Dating Indian Men by victoria1(f): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2006
lol @ dauda. but some of them smell like curry. i still think african men are more attractive but some of them are gorgeous too.
Re: Dating Indian Men by da808cutie(f): 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2006
gosh Dauda, u had me rolling on the floor there. LOL!

I really don't think I'd date an Indian man, I'm in no way attracted to them.
Re: Dating Indian Men by Honey123: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2006
If U marry Indian men.
To get to freedom from torture is Kill him or kill yourself.
Never marry Indian men.
What Indian girls should do is boycott marrying Indian men and marry other men from the world.
And What other girls from world should do is never ever marry Indian men.
In that way Indian men can be taught lesson.
Re: Dating Indian Men by tamia(f): 1:12am On Mar 09, 2006
ther's this indian guy in my Biology class omg he's smokingly hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like his ways though n if i could date him i would.
Re: Dating Indian Men by ocho(f): 3:01am On Mar 11, 2006
dating Indian men? ummm, i don't really find them that attrractive. undecided
Re: Dating Indian Men by cammy(f): 5:22am On Mar 11, 2006
some indian guys are pretty hot. i dont mind dating one. they are pretty kool people
Re: Dating Indian Men by Allied: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2006
I am dating one right now, Our similarities are more than our differences.
Re: Dating Indian Men by mamaput(f): 8:08pm On Mar 16, 2006
me no never.
I like there food thats it.
The is one i Know he has a fast food delivery service if i work too late my kids order pizza and guess what he brings it persolally and asks for me.?
but am not at home. grin grin grin grin
Re: Dating Indian Men by Dauda(m): 3:03am On Mar 17, 2006
Allied:

I am dating one right now, Our similarities are more than our differences.

Allied, pele poor thing.
Re: Dating Indian Men by Allied: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2006
Dauda, why poor me?
Re: Dating Indian Men by Dauda(m): 2:31am On Mar 18, 2006
Allied:

Dauda, why poor me?

@ Allied, that was just a joke. Do your thing. If he rocks your world, hold on tight to him.
Re: Dating Indian Men by blueocean(f): 4:55am On Apr 26, 2006
This is and interesting topic.  I was doing a search on black women dating East Indian men.  I just wanted to see how many other black women find them attractive besides me,    I am an African American who grew up mostly in a white environment in the southern part of the United States.  Moreover, dated my first Indian boyfriend in my late 20's. 

There are several things that i find that i really like about Indian men beside their exotic features.  Of the one's i have known and dated the things i like the most like are their world view, global thinking, high intelligence, adaptability, extremely polite, well rounded, well read, highly educated, and calm personality.  In addition, I found them to be; 
[center] extremely sensual, great kissers, and wonderful lovers.  smiley[/center]

Now, with that said, yes it is true that their are the traditional family issues that they have to come to terms with.  And i found the if the Indian man is somewhat insecure and is the type that needs his family approval then an American woman is not going to stand a chance.  But, if he is assured of himself and his place in this world then he will make the best decision for his life.  I do ask up front if he is independant from his family and makes his own decision.  Some will tell you the truth and some won't.  But, it dose not take long to figure it out.  You can tell by where he takes you and who he introduces you to. 

It's not easy finding open minded East Indian men here in the south but, I just can't seem to date American men.  They just turn me completely off, both White, Black, and Hispanic men.

Re: Dating Indian Men by chinani(f): 5:51am On Apr 26, 2006
So, what you're saying is: Once you go Brown you never go back?? j/k Do ya thang girl! cheesy wink
Re: Dating Indian Men by blueocean(f): 1:56am On Apr 27, 2006
[center]Well, my saying is

"Once you had a taste of Curry you'll never be in a Hurry"
(to go back to black, that is) smiley[/center]

But, that's not totally true.  Because Although I am a light skin African American
I tend to migrate towards the brown to really dark skin Indian men.

Re: Dating Indian Men by chinani(f): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2006
At my alma mater, the Indian & Paki student asscs. made shirts that said "Come See What Brown Can Do For You" or something of that nature. I think they "borrowed" the UPS slogan. The shirts were hella cute. But, I like your saying axiom better. No worries; if I ever use it, I'll credit you! wink
Re: Dating Indian Men by blueocean(f): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2006
Kool, you can quote me anytime.   I would love to hear more on this topic of Indian men and women of African decent.  Still few people here have elaborated on their experiences and view points.   If anyone else knows of other places that touch upon this topic please let me know   smiley

Re: Dating Indian Men by Nia: 6:14am On Apr 29, 2006
Blueocean I like the pictures. Keep 'em coming if you have more,  cheesy

About Indian men, I think the generalizations and stereotypes can be applied to other people as well, including many countries in Africa. Submissiveness is still very present in many parts of the world. Eventually, it's all about finding a good man that's perfect for you and that means knowing as much as possible about the person before getting married.

I am usually hanging around people from different countries because, even though I'm a Naija-born American I feel like a global citizen for the most part and I've always enjoyed my experiences with dating people from different cultures and different parts of the world. However, i have met very few Indians that I have been attracted to, <<<I hope that doesn't sound mean>>>. Although I seem to have developed a preference for Latinos, LOL.
To answer your question, though, I see nothing wrong in dating someone you are attracted to and care about, no matter where they're from.
Re: Dating Indian Men by babe1(f): 7:09am On Jul 30, 2006
Huh?? anyways since i am married i reserve my comments. But good luck , but love is where u find it and in whom. wink
Re: Dating Indian Men by babe1(f): 5:51am On Jul 31, 2006
blueocean:

shocked And my saga continues,

I recently decided to stop seeing the Indian man that I had dated off and on for the past 3 years. I he never wanted to to include me in on outtings with his friends. His family did not know we dated and neither did any of his close friends. I had already planned on cutting him out of my life because he kept saying he was not interested in marriage. So, the break up was easy. And I decided it was time to find a man who is interested marriage so I joined a couple of online dating sites.

Last March I met this wonderful man on Match.com, who just happens to be Indian. I was not that interested at first but after I met him in person and started to talk to him more I found that I just love being around him. He is incredibly smart, funny, cute, EXTREMELY SENSUAL, and all around just fabulous. smiley

What I also find funny is that two different African American girlfriends of mine have fixed me up with Indian men. One of whom I have met already and been out with. In addition my brother and his neighbor told me that they decide to set up and arrangement for me to meet this 40ish Nigerian Medical Student whom they believe is my soul mate. Now it seems they are pooring in. grin

What I have noticed about these last two Indian men that I just met is that they are both very open about public displays of affection and they don't seem to have a problem with introducing me to their friends. Maybe it is the age. The first is 41 and the second is 39. where as the guy I was with for so long is now just approaching the tender age of 33.

I should have dropped that other guy a long time ago. smiley

And how old are u ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

I Need A Hiv Positive Guy For Serious Relationship / Join Telegram Dating Group / Blackberry Pin Exchange, Singles & Fun Seekers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.