Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m (11663 Views)

SSS Director General A “card-carrying APC Member” — PDP / Lawal Musa Daura, The New SSS Director General's Profile / Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by OAM4J: 4:52am On Sep 26, 2011
[size=13pt]Boko Haram declares SSS director wanted[/size]

.Islamist sect places N50m reward on Service topshot
.Presidency probes release of co-founder, Tishua

From MURPHY GANAGANA, Abuja

The dreaded Islamist sect, Boko Haram, has placed N50 million reward for any member who kills Ms Marilyn Ogar, spokesperson of the Department of State Security (DSS).

Ms Ogar is an Assistant Director of the Service even as the Presidency is set to probe the release from detention of Mr. Ali Tishau, a self-acclaimed kingpin of Boko Haram.

The planned investigation is coming on the heels of alleged claims by the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) that it had indeed, returned the suspect to the Police for custody and that it was denied the opportunity of having him back on a second request.

The request, dead or alive, was intercepted in a coded high-tech website of the dreaded . Boko Haram was successfully hacked into by the international intelligence community and accessed by their local counterparts. The demand for Ogar’s head, it was further learnt, was part of a robust action plan said to have been mapped out by the sect, including public infrastructure and other areas as well as individuals targeted for attack. However, attempts by Daily Sun to confirm if the report on the N50 million reward was from the authentic Boko Haram were futile by Press time.

Daily Sun reveals that the sect may have indeed made the monetary offer to get Ms. Ogar, before the SSS announced N25million reward for anyone with useful information that could lead to the arrest of Mamman Nur, the alleged mastermind of the United Nations (UN) House bombing in Abuja on August 26, 2011.
Though the circumstances could not be ascertained by Press time, repeated calls to Ogar’s mobile telephone line were not successful for about a week as it was said to be switched off until yesterday when Daily Sun was able to speak with her at about 10.38am.

However, Ms. Ogar feigned ignorance of the development when contacted. “How did you get the information? Well, I am just hearing about it from you, but I am neither the DG, SSS nor the DG, NIA, for anyone to place money on my head,” she told Daily Sun on Saturday, in a telephone chat.
But a top police officer who does not want his name in print, confirmed the report that Boko Haram placed monetary reward for the head of the SSS senior officer.

He was, however, quick to add that it was not peculiar to her, as several other top security officers and politicians had been threatened by Boko Haram.“Yes, it is true that they placed about N50million ransom on the woman’s head. We were contacted for assistance over the matter, as the woman was running from pillar to post. But I think there is nothing unusual about it. Boko Haram has threatened the Chief of Defence Staff; Boko Haram has threatened the Chief of Army Staff, attacked the Police headquarters in Abuja. The thing with them is that they threaten you when you talk about them, and the moment you stop, they leave you alone. We’ve been reading their website, and we see a lot of things they write about. But there is no cause for alarm”, he said.

On the planned probe of Tishau’s release, the Police authorities had announced on Friday, that it officially handed over Tishau to a sister security agency via a memo by the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Alhaji Hafiz Ringim, dated July 7, 2011. Police said the action was based on a formal letter from the unnamed sister agency dated June 27, 2011, which requested the release of the suspect to it.
Police spokesman, DCP Olusola Amore, had said that the IGP acceded to the request in the spirit of sharing intelligence as it is customary in security circles. He was quick to add that the identity of the sister agency concerned would not be given for national interest.

Fingers were, however, unofficially pointed at the direction of the DIA, whose erstwhile chief, Major-General Babagana Munguno, allegedly made the request and eventually took over the custody of Tishau from the Police. But in a swift reaction, all the military intelligence chiefs denied having anything to do with the suspect. However, in a curious twist of events, fresh reports indicated that the DIA had admitted taking custody of the suspect from the Police after writing a formal request, but claimed it encountered several obstacles in the process, which were eventually surmounted with the intervention of a top security chief, who prevailed on the IGP to release Tishau to the former Chief of Defence Intelligence.

Following his release to the DIA, the suspect was said to have opened up on the activities of Boko Haram and allegedly claimed to have intimated the police authorities. Reports further said that topshots of security agencies were notified by the DIA on its encounter with Tishau, before he was returned to police custody.
But the bubble burst when the DIA reportedly asked for the suspect to be released to it a second time for further investigation, a request that was allegedly turned down by the Police whose spokesman, Amore, denied that Tishau was ever returned to their custody, talk less of the authorities receiving a second request for his release to the DIA

Sources told Daily Sun yesterday that the flurry of claims and denials amongst the security agencies, which had been further compounded by reports of the DIA’s eventual admission of taking custody of the suspect at a point in time from the police, has become a source of concern and embarrassment to the Presidency, which has resolved to diligently investigate the incident with a view to taking appropriate actions.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/26/national-26-09-2011-001.html
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 26, 2011
what does one man mean to them? Even if they get her, more will rise up.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2011
These people are MAD!
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by werepeLeri: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2011
This is the kind of story Nairaland people will jubilate about. Boko Haram wants SSS Director killed.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by Demdem(m): 8:09am On Sep 26, 2011
OAM4J:

[size=13pt]Boko Haram declares SSS director wanted[/size]

Following his release to the DIA, the suspect was said to have opened up on the activities of Boko Haram and allegedly claimed to have intimated the police authorities. Reports further said that topshots of security agencies were notified by the DIA on its encounter with Tishau, before he was returned to police custody.
But the bubble burst when the DIA reportedly asked for the suspect to be released to it a second time for further investigation, a request that was allegedly turned down by the Police whose spokesman, Amore, denied that Tishau was ever returned to their custody, talk less of the authorities receiving a second request for his release to the DIA

Sources told Daily Sun yesterday that the flurry of claims and denials amongst the security agencies, which had been further compounded by reports of the DIA’s eventual admission of taking custody of the suspect at a point in time from the police, has become a source of concern and embarrassment to the Presidency, which has resolved to diligently investigate the incident with a view to taking appropriate actions.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/26/national-26-09-2011-001.html

Useless security agents. These guys are simply incompetent.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by 1025: 8:13am On Sep 26, 2011
from the way things are going, i foresee a situation where these idiots will declare our president wanted or even put some money on his head and i will be the first person to tell them that he is in aso rock.
useless country, useless rulers. we are where we want to be. fresh air is here and pdp has finally made a mess of this jungle called nigeria.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by snthesis(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2011
Chei!! see disrespetect shocked angry

Govt shud UP the ransom on the Boko haram's dude head to $75million grin grin grin
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by jamace(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2011
That's good. angry angry Since the Security forces/agencies have failed to deal decisively with BOKO HARAM, BOKO HARAM has become more daring and seized the initiative.

May be, the security agencies will wake up now.

Let's wait and see.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by 4tune1(m): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2011
Oh my God! just like that bushmeat dey declare hunter wanted?
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by ufumes(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2011
These guys or their sponsors are quite rich o, 2 times of d offer made by d sss
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by 27naira(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2011
snthesis:

Chei!! see disrespetect shocked angry

Govt shud UP the ransom on the Boko haram's dude head to $75million grin grin grin

grin grin + 12 fulani virgins wink
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by latogng: 8:57am On Sep 26, 2011
I would rather trade the SSS director for the Mamman nur because its more like they are more determined and  focused  Plus the Bait is even more Handsome, because If the Boko Haramist back bones have once being in their custody and later released without recourse to trial then the woman should watch her back, BH in d house can we give address too or phone nos, ?@least even if u dont pay me full **@all@all na im bad pass**
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by hakanai(m): 8:59am On Sep 26, 2011
If only the SSS was smarter they could lure them in by staging a false assassination Of Ms Ogar and then an agent claims ransom or membership of the sect and moves on to atleast win there confidence.Then hack into there financial network/sponsorship or wreck havoc from within.  cool cool cool cool cool wink wink wink wink
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by ochukoccna: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2011
Is this a joke or what? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Even Osama bin Laden was not this brash.
Well, this just confirms this dudes are ensconced in high places.
Make we look and see the outcome.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by pinkrex(m): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2011
Its no joke that we have eminent politicians from the North backing this people.

Well, there is something sneaky about this their bounty, Terrorist organisations don't place bounties on their targets , they don't even need to alert the target. But they have sent a message and the media has escalated what is suppose to be a low key info for now. undecided

Why didn't they just bomb her residence or shoot her dead, why the bounty? undecided undecided
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by MrResource(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2011
uhmmmmm, a breath of boko air
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by Johndoe100(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2011
1025:

from the way things are going, i foresee a situation where these idiots will declare our president wanted or even put some money on his head and i will be the first person to tell them that he is in aso rock.
useless country, useless rulers. we are where we want to be. fresh air is here and pdp has finally made a mess of this jungle called nigeria.

Why don't you just STFU? Don't you know how you annoy reasonable people?
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by ochukoccna: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2011
pinkrex:

Its no joke that we have eminent politicians from the North backing this people.

Well, there is something sneaky abut this their bounty, Terrorist organisations don't place bounties of their targets head, they don't even need to alert the target. But they have sent a message and the media has exposed what is suppose to be a low key info for now. undecided

Why didn't they just bomb her residence or shot her dead, why the bounty? undecided undecided

My exact stream of thots are captured in the bolded part of your reply.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by Xfactoria: 9:54am On Sep 26, 2011
So between the Police and the DIA a whole human being held in custody got missing

This country's security departments are a big joke!!!!
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by bisiaet: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2011
Can you see a b l o o d y COWARDS calling themselves a fighters and are faceless. This is a true face of a set of I D I O T S claiming for fighting a good fight and hide their faces. If they know they are powerful enough let them come out of their hidding and show who they are.

We all know who MENDS, they have leader, they have camp. We know who are OPC we know their leaders. We know MASSOB, we know who is their leader all these people are people we know and understand the meaning of their struggleS because they belief what they are struggling for is their right and is a "Just" struggle BUT  who a H E L L is Boko animal? If they know its their Allah who send them or their prophet who send them which I know is a big lie let them come out boldly and say here we are but their failure to do this I repeat they are COWARD a good fighter dont run or hide.

Let them put it to 100 Million or more on the SSS chief head it does not count they are a loosers and trying to frigten people I repaet Boko animal you are a sore looser and your sponsorers are loosers if you fail to show up your faces. God forsaken I D I O T S.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by Tosinville(m): 9:57am On Sep 26, 2011
It certain some top politicians from the north are in support with these people call boko haram, see how silent they're, they didn't even speak up to say anything against it, dis country don rotten without good security.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by pinkrex(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2011
bisiaet:

Can you see a b l o o d y COWARDS calling themselves a fighters and are faceless. This is a true face of a set of I D I O T S claiming for fighting a good fight and hide their faces. If they know they are powerful enough let them come out of their hidding and show who they are.

We all know who MENDS, they have leader, they have camp. We know who are OPC we know their leaders. We know MASSOB, we know who is their leader all these people are people we know and understand the meaning of their struggleS because they belief what they are struggling for is their right and is a "Just" struggle BUT  who a H E L L is Boko animal? If they know its their Allah who send them or their prophet who send them which I know is a big lie let them come out boldly and say here we are but their failure to do this I repeat they are COWARD a good fighter dont run or hide.

Let them put it to 100 Million or more on the SSS chief head it does not count they are a loosers and trying to frigten people I repaet Boko animal you are a sore looser and your sponsorers are loosers if you fail to show up your faces. God forsaken I D I O T S.

Stop the noise. we know these. Lets think deeply why a terrorist sect that didn't alarm the Presidency or security firms before the other bombings should now have a new strategy of placing bounties on People's head undecided undecided
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by ssjalo(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2011
GOD RULE OUR COUNTRY ANY DAY,ANY TIME AND EVERY WHERE. IN HIM ALONE WE TRUST!
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by tofeenab(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2011
@york. Nigeria is not only Mad but sick! Boko Haram placing ransom on a security official? What an Irony. I hope this is not true!
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by mulumele(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2011
Good business.It is more lucrative to go for the SSS Director than the Boko Haram guy.lol
I am so happy because this is simply exposing the joke called Nigeria to the outside world.
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by pinkrex(m): 10:46am On Sep 26, 2011
mulumele:

Good business.It is more lucrative to go for the SSS Director than the Boko Haram guy.lol
I am so happy because this is simply exposing the joke called Nigeria to the outside world.

So are you a comedian undecided undecided

Watch what you say some times, you don't absolutely take advantage of criticism undecided undecided
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2011
mulumele:

Are you sure that woman doesn't carry AK-47 herself ?
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by luluosas(m): 11:02am On Sep 26, 2011
Where do we beam our search light, now that Police and DIA are throwing blames at each other? SSS put under bounty by common Boko Haram. Where do we go from her?
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by victorazy(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2011
Wonder shall never end. Bush meat is now chasing the hunter in Nigeria, we don finish, do we have leader at all?
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by ugosly(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2011
wahala dey!wahala dey!!
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by pinkrex(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2011
victorazy:

Wonder shall never end. Bush meat is now chasing the hunter in Nigeria, we don finish, do we have leader at all?

GEJ is on the throne grin grin grin grin
Re: Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m by juman(m): 11:15am On Sep 26, 2011
The masses are getting closer to freedom from this FRAUD (Nigeria).

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC, PDP, Others Lack Ideology — Dogara / Police Recover 61 Stranded Cows In Kaduna / 2023: Timi Frank Urges Jonathan To Intervene In PDP Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.