Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" (3669 Views)

poem: nna anyi,is it true, Tribute To Chinua Achebe By Dike Chukwumerije (video) / Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by aloyemeka1: 12:38am On Sep 27, 2011
[size=14pt]Nollywood Star Actress Joke Silva Hits Jackpot[/size]
By Staff K 11 hours 11 minutes ago
Font size:

Nollywood star actress Joke Silva has been commissioned to produce a cinematic version of Chinua Achebe’s novel, "Man of the People".

The Rivers State Governor who is a graduate of English Literature from University of Port Harcourt is in love with the plot of the novel-Man of the People and his wish is that every politician should read that novel but knowing very well that there is dearth of reading culture among Nigerians, the Rivers State Governor thought it wise to put the entire character into cinematic format so that it will attract wide audience and patronage.

What is not known is how much the project will cost the Rivers State Government as the sponsor. However there has been a deadline given to the project handlers and Gov.Amaechi is a man who believes in excellence.

He is also one man who believes that the lessons learnt from the epic movie-Man of the people will change the way and manner Nigerian politicians carry out their responsibilities.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/112374-nollywood-star-actress-joke-silva-hits-jackpot.html
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by obelisk(m): 8:08am On Sep 28, 2011
Please dont Bleep up this classic novel with your sloppy Nigerian way.please!!!
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2011
great, a man of the people is an underrated classic,it was a mirror of the post colonial Nigeria and its funny that after 51 years the actions of the elite in Nigeria is exactly was it is now,
i believe she will do a great job
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by sylve11: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2011
obelisk:

Please dont bleep up this classic novel with your sloppy Nigerian way.please!!!

lol grin cool
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 28, 2011
Big Kudos to Gov. Amechi, me have been thinking of doing similar thing to both Achebe's Man Of th People & Peter Nwankwo's Devil's Playground. This 2 novels ought to be read by our present politicians in other to see the mistakes of their predecessors and take correction. Joke should pls deliver a NICE work to reflect the major themes of this novel. Literature is the life blood of every society!
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by Greenslim: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2011
jackpot of money indeed
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by initiator(m): 10:33am On Sep 28, 2011
No studio has what it takes for a worldclass interpretation of any Achebe's works
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by Laajman(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
Solid novel!!

Read it back in sec school, and I remember it quite well.

Funny how the story is still relevant till this day.

I just have the feeling that classics like these are best acted as live drama.

Turning this into a film might just impair the quality. I may be wrong though.

And btw, I have enormous respect for Joke Silva.
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by enomakos(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2011
well,it is good joke silva is doing it,she is very good
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by Parnassuss(m): 6:06pm On Sep 28, 2011
That book is fantastic. Probably better than Achebe's 'Things Fall Apart', that's why I'm a little apprehensive about the choice of producers. I hope there is a world-class director to this one (and I don't mean any Amatan). However if they get this right, the financial and cultural profits would be huge, it has a fantastic script potential after all.
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by stevobaba: 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
Honourable chief Nanga. :ove;y book. I thry engage a quality director for flick.
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by vicoloni(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2011
I respect Joke Silver a lot but I think the only person that can do justice to this classical story is no other person than TUNDE KELANI !
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by sdepanace(m): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2011
The trio of Joke Silva, Tunde Kelani and Teko Benson will blaze the trail.
Re: Joke Silva To Produce Chinua Achebe’s "Man of the People" by slimyem: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2011
s.depanace:

The trio of Joke Silva, Tunde Kelani and Teko Benson will blaze the trail.
Tunde Kelani and Joke Silver and maybe Tade Ogidan-yes!but please remove the Teko whatever fast.

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Hints And Hearts Magazines? / Love Triangle 1 - The Storm / Short Story- Sexcapades Of A Science Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.