Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West (9469 Views)

Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Desola(f): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
Ekoile,

you hit the nail on the head so hard, it drew blood.

selective justice is no justice at all!

Let the satanic, evil minded, "no do gooders" continue to wallow in their wickedness.

We've seen all this play out in the time of Awolowo, whether we would stand back and watch while our own is being vilified remains to be seen.

The way I see it now, Tinubu is the Western messiah for now. He might not be an Awolowo but he sure is a Tinubu and the mere mention of his name make PDP tremble and for that reason, they want him out. They not only want to see him disappear from the face of the earth, they want to shame him on his exit. They are doing to him what they tried to do to AWO.

We are watching,
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ Eko ile
Okay tell us what you actually mean

It is a ploy/political scheme by Jonathan/PDP/the administration against Tinubu/Yorubas/ACN so ,

kindly fill us in on your thoughts exactly
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by kasiem(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

You reasonings are based on "if" and assumptions, talk to me about realities and not what you think might happen and if you have any example where such has transpired please let us see, but till then, your assumptions means nothing, it's just an assumption.

Would you like to show us the ones in jail and convicted based on your assumptions or what you think might happen??

The fact still remains that others are out there walking free and looting you all over again and again just like what's been going in Nigeria since independence. PERIOD.

Get real. Life is not about assumptions.
okay, are u ignorant of the fact that DSP ALAMS of bayelsa fell to the laws of the land when he decided to go it alone? is he no longer a pdp man? so, that ur "mr c" can still fall victim to the laws, the day he'll decide to go it alone, thereby, bringing the downfall of another fool?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
apocalypse:

@ Eko ile
Okay tell us what you actually mean

It is a ploy/political scheme by Jonathan/PDP/the administration against Tinubu/Yorubas/ACN so ,

kindly fill us in on your thoughts exactly

I'll repeat myself.

The governments case against Tinubu and his guilt or innocence is irrelevant at this point in time, this case was never designed because the government woke up  yesterday and turned a new leaf against corruption, this is purely a political trial and nothing good or worthwhile comes out of any politically orchestrated trials.

Regardless or people's innocence or guilt, all we do is send our own people and political oppositions to jail or kill them.

We have 50 + years history of corruption and we are one of the most corrupt nations on earth, but in our 50 years history of corruption and over 500 billion dollars stolen by many that are still part of this very and past administration, we did nothing, , but all of a sudden in 2011, we are prosecution for bank accounts belonging to this man, his wife and kids with no stolen money?  

We all know this man is a political threat to these people and their continues misrule and grand corruption, they lost a while region simply because of this man.

S to answer your question again, this is a political trial, it has nothing to with guilt, innocence or fight against corruption.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Kolababa: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2011
Has GEJ declared his asset?
GEJ never disclose his asset since he was the Bayelse Deputy Governor. Obasanjo did not even return the asset declaration form to CCB up till now. That is why OBJ never set up a serious CCB panel when he was there.
Well, it is good to try Tinubu on Asset Declaration at CCB so that it can form a precedence to try others including GEJ. One day GEJ will leave office and immunity will be over, then he will also be tried at CCB. Tinubu's offence is a child's compare to others in PDP.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
kasiem:

okay, are u ignorant of the fact that DSP ALAMS of bayelsa fell to the laws of the land when he decided to go it alone? is he no longer a pdp man? so, that your "mr c" can still fall victim to the laws, the day he'll decide to go it alone, thereby, bringing the downfall of another fool?

I'm not ignorant of anything.

Alams got jailed because of national and international attention he procured, the government had no choice but to do something. And all they did was gave him a slap on the wrist.

The same Alams is back in the game ex convict or not. Your corrupt president that was Alams deputy that looked the other way when Alams was looting his state turned around and made the same Alams the ex convict his campaign chairman.

Yours is a corrupt country from top to bottom and if you think going after Tinubu because of some lousy bank accounts with no stolen money is going to cure your country?, then you are either naive, lying to yourself or simply goofy and irrational.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by jaybee3(m): 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
So it's now OK to excuse one because the other only got a slap on the wrist? Selective justice or not, anyone caught flaunting laws of the land should be brought before the court and handed adequate sentences if found guilty.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2011
jay bee:

[b]So it's now OK to excuse one because the other only got a slap on the wrist? [/b]Selective justice or not, anyone caught flaunting laws of the land should be brought before the court and handed adequate sentences if found guilty.

And who said that?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by jaybee3(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2011
Just saying
Didn't quote you and def didn't include a pointer in my post grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by kasiem(m): 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Alams got jailed because of national and international attention he procured, the government had no choice but to do something. And all they did was gave him a slap on the wrist.

The same Alams is back in the game ex convict or not. Your corrupt president that was Alams deputy that looked the other way when Alams was looting his state turned around and made the same Alams the ex convict his campaign chairman.

Yours is a corrupt country from top to bottom and if you think going after Tinubu because of some lousy bank accounts with no stolen money is going to cure your country?, then you are either naive, lying to yourself or simply goofy and irrational. 
Tinubu as a man is international figure, and any crime that he commits will attain an international dimension cos of his status. so, dont u know that tinubu's freedom is signalling to the international coommunity how unserious we are with the laws of the land?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Xfactoria: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
Kolababa:

Has GEJ declared his asset?
GEJ never disclose his asset since he was the Bayelse Deputy Governor. Obasanjo did not even return the asset declaration form to CCB up till now. That is why OBJ never set up a serious CCB panel when he was there.
Well, it is good to try Tinubu on Asset Declaration at CCB so that it can form a precedence to try others including GEJ. One day GEJ will leave office and immunity will be over, then he will also be tried at CCB. Tinubu's offence is a child's compare to others in PDP.

On the bolded, I need to correct a possible wrong notion. Asset delcaration by public office holders is filled in a form and that is all the constitution requires. Declaring assets publicly is the prerogative of whoever is involved.

Except you are telling me that you have investigated up to CCB level and found that GEJ didn't fill a form of assets declaration, I will just ignore your comments on it.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by rimms(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
Why are we here discussing such? Aren't we better than this? Why aren't we rational about things? Why aren't we worried about our future? Is this how low we could go?

As far as I'm concerned, all leaders in this country should be rounded up and set on fire. Let them scream and burn to death, and continue to burn in hell.
Leaders from every part of Nigeria destroyed this beautiful country. They all deserve no mercy, they should all pay for what they've done to our country, our future and the future of the unborn babies.
The rope is straining and about to come loose. Revolution now, revolution without mercy will come soon.

Nobody is going free, they will pay.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by rimms(m): 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
Aren't we ashamed of what is on ground in Nigeria? Do you seriously think there is any leader of any kind in Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Xfactoria: 4:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Alams got jailed because of national and international attention he procured, the government had no choice but to do something. And all they did was gave him a slap on the wrist. The same Alams is back in the game ex convict or not. Your corrupt president that was Alams deputy that looked the other way when Alams was looting his state turned around and made the same Alams the ex convict his campaign chairman.

So by implication, offenders should only be prosecuted when their offence have international dimensions hmm See reasoning!!!!!!!

You keep sinking! You are a disgrace to this generation. May God rid our country of people like you and your godfather IJN. May you never get to that position where you will use your poor reasoning, poor moral values and sense of judgement to affect this generation negatively IJN (amen).
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
X-factoria:

So by implication, offenders should only be prosecuted when their offence have international dimensions hmm See reasoning!!!!!!!

You keep sinking! You are a disgrace to this generation. May God rid our country of people like you and your godfather IJN. May you never get to that position where you will use your poor reasoning, poor moral values and sense of judgement to affect this generation negatively IJN (amen).

You really need to do something about your reading and comprehension skills. I said they did something to Alams because of he nature of his case. Didn't he fled the justice system in england to Nigeria dressing like a woman?

Again, I can't be bothered with the rest of your insane rubbish. Back to the sender multiplied.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by seanet02: 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
Desola:

e jo o, mi o kii se iyawo saara o. grin

Long time, ibo lo sa lo?
African Queen!
Just watching from the sidelines!
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by bodee(m): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
its purely politics cos even the big names in PDP have various foreign accounts.We all know the conclusive part of the saga.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2011
kasiem:

Tinubu as a man is international figure, and any crime that he commits will attain an international dimension cos of his status. so, dont u know that tinubu's freedom is signalling to the international coommunity how unserious we are with the laws of the land?

How is Tinubu an international figure? In what way are they taking you seriously because corrupt people are engaging in primitive political lyinching? Do you really think they don't know what the government is doing?

lol @ you thinking your sad and corrupt leaders mean much to anybody but you
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by tofeenab(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
I want to believe that Tam David west was simply "ms-quoted". I cant imagine David west degenerating to this level! What does he mean by Tinubus Trial is an Embarrassment to Nigeria. I use to have gr8 respect for Tam, but with this statement , i am really taken aback/ shocked! Is he saying that trial for corrupt "rulers" have a time frame else it should expire? Does he not know that Tinubu was immune d from prosecution while he was in office? Please, please if  Tam does not have anything to say at present, he better just shut his trap and stop embarrassing himself!
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by bodee(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2011
its purely politics cos even the big names in PDP have various foreign accounts.We all know the conclusive part of the saga.
kasiem:

this is really a funny case,PDP just want to prove that they are in charge.

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2011
tofeenab:

I want to believe that Tam David west was simply "ms-quoted". I cant imagine David west degenerating to this level! What does he mean by Tinubus Trial is an Embarrassment to Nigeria. I use to have gr8 respect for Tam, but with this statement , i am really taken aback/ shocked! Is he saying that trial for corrupt "rulers" have a time frame else it should expire? Does he not know that Tinubu was immune d from prosecution while he was in office? Please, please if  Tam does not have anything to say at present, he better just shut his trap and stop embarrassing himself!

Read and stop getting ahead of yourself, the man was talking about timing and motive which is standard rational thinking.  Even the court of law questions timing and motives. Politically ochestrated trial is primitive and a sad disgrace as stated by Mr West.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
At least we should be happy that criminal elements are being witch-hunted till they die of hypertension or prostrate cancer grin does it matter that it is ACN or PDP or CPC or OPC or BOKO, their machinations work against themselves for the greater good of the people (the less we have of corrupt politicians, the better). the only poosers are the ever-growing sycophants lipsrsealed

You are saying Justice is subverted and Freedom is chained grin No man better than Tinubu knows about Injustice and shackling the Freedom of democracy grin
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Akanbiedu(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2011
Let us not make this a Yoruba matter. It is NOT.

I'd rather see it as PDP against the opposition which Tinubu represents. Let's not forget that ACN as a party has spread and interests outside Yorubaland and that the architects of the current trial of Tinubu are those PDP members in the west who lost out in the last general elections. The last election was a close call and as long as Tinubu remains, PDP has a lot of worries on their hands.

Just recently, we saw how Ogbulafor was removed based on allegations of corruption as PDP chairman because of his stand on zoning against the wish of powers that be, only to be replaced with another man with a bigger case of corruption. We saw what Abacha did to Dansuki, we saw what he did to Yar'adua etc. Every ruler in Nigeria has a tendency to go after opposition and its just unfortunate that most of the time, the leading opposition figures come from the Yoruba side.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2011
Does anyone still take Odechukwu Retardeen jonathan serious?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Akanbiedu(m): 6:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
Well, he IS the president.

Adete o le fun wara, sugbon o le ba wara je.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by nduchucks: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2011
In as much as there is no applicable statute of limitations in this case, the professor should get lost and let the process take its course. Since Tinubu has said that he is not guilty and can prove it, lets afford him the cordiality of doing just that. We must also allow the legal system to work without undue interference.

This idea of selective justice is senseless. It seems to me as if, we all should applaud when a system succeeds in convicting any criminal, we should only be concerned when innocent people are convicted. This professor is senseless.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

At least we should be happy that criminal elements are being witch-hunted till they die of hypertension or prostrate cancer grin does it matter that it is ACN or PDP or CPC or OPC or BOKO, their machinations work against themselves for the greater good of the people (the less we have of corrupt politicians, the better). the only poosers are the ever-growing sycophants lipsrsealed

You are saying Justice is subverted and Freedom is chained grin No man better than Tinubu knows about Injustice and shackling the Freedom of democracy grin
We have bigger thievies in yorubaland to deal with.Why can't Obj,Oyinlola,daniel,segun oni,Akala be arrested ? Or are you saying these yoruba pdp politicians are better than Tinubu ? I know Daniel used to stay abroad before he became governor,what happened to his foreign account ? Were they liquidated or he kept them as a governor ?
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by 1luvkipsus: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
I am a staunch supporter and member of PDP. i hate Tinubu so much for imposing his cronies any how on the people in Lagos state. i hate him so much for his dislike for Obasanjo who i adore. i just don't like Tinubu and ACN for their arrogance. BUT I AM NOT, IN ANYWAY, IN SUPPORT OF THE ON-GOING TRIAL OF THE MAN. How on earth can u accuse a man of operating foreign accounts while in office after FIVE YEARS of leaving the said office!where were they all this while?why didn't they pick him up before the general elections?i am not in support of anything that heats up the already heated polity;this trial is not only unfortunate but is capable of fragmenting us the more.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by 1luvkipsus: 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
I am a staunch supporter and member of PDP. i hate Tinubu so much for imposing his cronies any how on the people in Lagos state. i hate him so much for his dislike for Obasanjo who i adore. i just don't like Tinubu and ACN for their arrogance. BUT I AM NOT, IN ANYWAY, IN SUPPORT OF THE ON-GOING TRIAL OF THE MAN. How on earth can u accuse a man of operating foreign accounts while in office after[b] FIVE YEAR[/b]S of leaving the said office!where were they all this while?why didn't they pick him up before the general elections?i am not in support of anything that heats up the already heated polity;this trial is not only unfortunate but is capable of fragmenting us the more.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by moshoodn(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2011
Political PDP. . . . Its Nigeria i pity in the long run.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by nsiadi: 12:13am On Sep 28, 2011
Must David West keep his mouth open?
Why was he removed as minister?Was it not for corrupt tendency ?
Instead of supporting his own he is disgracing himself by reminding us he still has no values

We feel corruption is not being fought courageously,
Yet he is frowning @ a shot on it
As a professor he shd know that crime has no expiring date

How did d prof react to the mud that Tinubu has been directing @ his excellency?
Probably he didnt see anything wrong wt that. Its necessary to make Tinubu be aware of log in his eyes. He has calmed himself down!!!!
Opposition is welcome but not whn it is destructive , v arrogant & vociferous

Bode George was in jail
He is out & has d right to draw our attention to co-travelers in crime
Let the cycle continue, whn Tinubu graduates from prison he might have learnt how to drag-in OBJ----Who knows??
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lastpage: 12:33am On Sep 28, 2011
Trust Nigerians, they will always come-up with "A Thousand EXCUSES" not to do what is right!

How l wish Fela Anikulapo Kuti was still alive today, He would have rendered to us, a different version of "Suffering and Smiling"!

*Agreed that our Judicial system is not perfect (Even the US's own is not otherwise they would not execute a man with "doubtful conviction"wink
*Agreed that Political opponents will use your "Achilles Heel" to hunt their political opponent (Obj did same to so many of his opponents)
*Agreed that PDP and its stalwarts like OBJ, Bode George, e.t.c are worse looters than Tinubu
*Agreed that Ribadu ignored "bigger thieves" while chasing "big thieves" who are not in the good books of OBJ, back then!

But please, as a "common man" should we not all be happy when and each time this "Association of Looters" are reduced by just one number?

By whoever or whatever means!

Infact, if all the looters of this country gather themselves in one Hall and one of them did a Boko-Haram on the building, THE BETTER FOR NIGERIA!

I have read a lot of ridiculous, infantile and utterly senseless reasoning here, on why we should just look the other way round and let Tinubu continue his "business as usual", that l am beginning to think that the Yoruba Nation needs to "R'onu" (think deeply)!

As far as l am concerned all l would "fight for on Tinubu's behalf" is that he gets "AN OPEN/PUBLIC AND FAIR TRIAL".
For all l know, Tinubu is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and l can therefore believe he will be home and dry after the trial. There is nothing more elating and exalting, than to "be tried and found innocent, discharged and acquitted"

Lastpage.

BTW: Less l forget,, did l hear someone say Tinubu is the "Leader of Yorubas"? Which Yoruba is that? 
Maybe Yoruba Thieves sha, certainly not my own kind!
Where l come from, we will ostracize "any thieving family member" less they bring disrepute to our rich treasured family name.
You can as well say Gbenga Daniel, OBJ, Bode George or even Fayose! grin grin grin
I just dey laugh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Warns Citizens In Nigeria Against Maltreating Employees / Court Delaying Senate Forgery Case, Say Police / Igbos In Taraba Petition Ohanaeze Over Attack By Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.