Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West (9471 Views)

Empty Witness Box At Code Of Conduct As Saraki's Trial Is About To Start [photo] / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lastpage: 1:01am On Sep 28, 2011
@Bluetooth
We have bigger thievies in yorubaland to deal with.Why can't Obj,Oyinlola,daniel,segun oni,Akala be arrested ? Or are you saying these yoruba pdp politicians are better than Tinubu ? I know Daniel used to stay abroad before he became governor,what happened to his foreign account ? Were they liquidated or he kept them as a governor ?
You've said well and everything you said is TRUE and worth reflecting on!
The "End" they say, justifies the "means"!

If the "End" in this case, is to reduce the number of criminals in our polity by just "one figure", as a common man, we dont really care about the "means", as long as justice is fairly served ina court of law!

What is happening reminds me of the same scenario in Russia when the oil billionaire owner of Yukov Oil company (can recall his name now) tried to use his wealth to upstage the "Putin Apple cart"!
This guy was among those that benefited, albeit corruptly, from the USSR implosion (Perestroika and Glasnot). He made money but when he tried to use that same ill-gotten money to "challenge Power", those with "state Power" deployed it mercilessly against him:
Today, he is in jail for Tax evasion & fraud.

Same scenario played out when OBJ was in power and some Governors tried to upstage him in 2003, for his second term!
he simply "brought out their corruption dossier/file" and asked Ribadu to inform them to make a choice!
Some got the message, while some did not!

Tinubu "is alleged" to be very corrupt but if and when he tries to use that "profit from corruption" to cause headache for a sitting President/Government.,.,.,
They would simply "dust his own dossier/file" and remind him that "those who live in Glass houses dont throw stones""
!

But like l said, from the common man's point of view, we dont give hoot!
All we see is "minus one thief"! grin grin (if he is one wink )
and we chorus: NEXT, WHO IS NEXT! cheesy
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by sp2002(m): 2:11am On Sep 28, 2011
corrupt or not. what i can see out of the matter is that pdp and the fg wants to use persecution of tinubu as their tool for next general ellection because with the look of things and the level at which tinubu is operating politically, acn will capture the presidency by 2015. this the pdp/jonathan led administration dont want
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by arsenefc: 2:17am On Sep 28, 2011
No one is persecuting anybody.

You can never justify corruption, no matter how hard you try. Even if it is persecution, let him go to court and clear himself. Thats all.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by arsenefc: 2:20am On Sep 28, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Well, he IS the president.

Adete o le fun wara, sugbon o le ba wara je.

Interesting!
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 3:43am On Sep 28, 2011
Why some ex-governors won’t face trial, by CCB

By Kamarudeen Ogundele, Abuja 2 hours 40 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
CCB Chairman Sam Saba CCB Chairman Sam Saba

THE crisis of confidence in the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) was laid bare yesterday.

Many former governors accused of breaching the oath of office have been let off the hook, after a plea bargain, the Bureau said yesterday. The revelation raised the question of the propriety of trying former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu.

CCB Chairman Sam Saba told reporters in Abuja that some of those governors had made some refunds, hence their exclusion from trial.

He was reacting to questions on the sudden decision to prosecute the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) National Leader – a move that has been roundly condemned as political and selective.

Saba denied that Tinubu was charged before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) to persecute him.

“Tinubu has not been singled out for trial; it is an ongoing process. You will also note that some of those governors at that time made some refunds to the Federal Government. Somebody like Saminu Turaki made refunds to the Federal Government and so it is an ongoing exercise,” he said.

The CCB boss, who claimed that he had no personal interest in the case, denied having any disagreement with his Federal Commissioners over the trial of the ACN chieftain.

But The Nation learnt that a board crisis has hit the Bureau. A member was excluded from a meeting the CCB held yesterday. Besides, he was not invited to the news conference.

The member, it was learnt, was against any trial without due process, such as Tinubu’s.

It was learnt that when the member asked why he was left out of the meeting, he was told that he was thought to have been out of the office.

It was gathered that the case of a former Kaduna State governor was discussed at yesterday’s meeting, but details of the discussion were sketchy at press time.

Saba said even if he took “a central position in the activities of the Bureau in the case against Tinubu, it should be understood because he is the chairman of the organisation and its principal spokesman”.

Saba also denied that the plans to charge some former governors, who are estranged members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), before the CCT is a ruse to deceive the public on the victimisation of Tinubu.

He said: “We (CCB) don’t know if we are preparing names of new governors, but I know that we are working on some investigation and verification. When it is appropriate for us to determine that they have defaulted, they will be taken to the tribunal and the names of those to be taken to tribunal will be given to you. But, we are not going to subject anybody to trial on the pages of newspapers.”

Tinubu is accused of operating foreign accounts more than four years after he left office. The accounts, Tinubu insists, were never run while he was in office. The balances in all the accounts are said to be less than £32,000.

The frontline politician maintains that his trial is a desperate bid by the ruling PDP to punish him for its loss of the Southwest and oil its plan to reclaim the zone

I feel so sad for this country and and the dumb mumu dancing around because these corrupt clowns are prosecuting Tinubu.

These corrupt people don protect and cover their own people through the back door?

Are we ever going to find out who settled with the government?

Are we ever going to find out how much they stole and?

Are we ever going to find out how much they paid back to the federal government to settle their the crimes they committed against their states and the people of Nigeria.

Are we even ever going to find out if they indeed pay 1 kobo to nobody?

Obiously, this is telling Nigerians to look the other way, No PDP public official is facing any trial, these trials are designed for political eneimies like Tinubu, and never to fight or jail corrupt Nigerians for corruptuion.

To all you dumb mumu with amnesia and zero clue about your country and it's history of corruption>>>>

Don't you ever say anything about the PDP prosecuting OGD, Akala, Obasanjo, IBB, Dariye, Anenih, Bankole, Ogbulafor, Atiku, Nnamani, Kalu, Saminu Turaki, Igbinedion , Odili, Gasau and many many more.

Everyday we wonder why Mr A and Mr B are yet to be prosecuted, this is the reason why, they've all settled and covered each others a.s.s the usual padi padi and, they designed a loophole to protect themselves,

To you all dumb fools thinking prosecuting Tinubu is the answer to your corrupt country, think again, you've been bamboozled.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

Why some ex-governors won’t face trial, by CCB

By Kamarudeen Ogundele, Abuja 2 hours 40 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
CCB Chairman Sam Saba CCB Chairman Sam Saba

I feel so sad for this country and and the dumb mumu dancing around because these corrupt clowns are prosecuting Tinubu.

These corrupt people don protect and cover their own people through the back door?

Are we ever going to find out who settled with the government?

Are we ever going to find out how much they stole and?

Are we ever going to find out how much they paid back to the federal government to settle their the crimes they committed against their states and the people of Nigeria.

Are we even ever going to find out if they indeed pay 1 kobo to nobody?

Obiously, this is telling Nigerians to look the other way, No PDP public official is facing any trial, these trials are designed for political eneimies like Tinubu, and never to fight or jail corrupt Nigerians for corruptuion.

To all you dumb mumu with amnesia and zero clue about your country and it's history of corruption>>>>

Don't you ever say anything about the PDP prosecuting OGD, Akala, Obasanjo, IBB, Dariye, Anenih, Bankole, Ogbulafor, Atiku, Nnamani, Kalu, Saminu Turaki, Igbinedion , Odili, Gasau and many many more.

Everyday we wonder why Mr A and Mr B are yet to be prosecuted, this is the reason why, they've all settled and covered each others a.s.s the usual padi padi and, they designed a loophole to protect themselves,

To you all dumb fools thinking prosecuting Tinubu is the answer to your corrupt country, think again, you've been bamboozled.

EKo-Ile. The fact that the Justice system has been undermined (to snag Tinubu) does not mean that Tinubu should also escape because he is now a victim of a compromised justice system. I really don't care as long as another one bites the dust Corrupt PDP or Corrupt ACN through the same corrupt justice system.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Delafruita(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2011
@lagerwhenindo

justice should be equal.thats why it is called justice.however in a case where justice is been selectively applied,then the aim of justice has been defeated.justice should either be applied across board and if it won't be,it shouldn't be applied at all.as they say,he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

The onus is now on the CCB to prove to us it is not selectively prosecuting asiwaju at the behest of odechukwu retardeen.the only way it can prove that is to give us evidence of past cases with similarity to that of asiwaju that it has prosecuted.it should also tell us why it is now that it has decided to prosecute this case.

Tam david west is definitely not on my list of noble men but i believe he has been trying over the years to potray himself as an unbiased statesman.whether he is or not is not for me to say,but in this case,he has spoken the mind of me and a lot of other nigerians
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

EKo-Ile. The fact that the Justice system has been undermined (to snag Tinubu) does not mean that Tinubu should also escape because he is now a victim of a compromised justice system. I really don't care as long as another one bites the dust Corrupt PDP or Corrupt ACN through the same corrupt justice system.

It's really sad that your hatred for one man got you people thinking so ignorant and backward, they just let a bunch of looters go free with their loot and never to face justice again in their life by by law created by the same corrupt people going after Tinubu for some silly bank account with zero stolen money.

You are basically saying you don't care about your own country and the real looters can go free and continue looting you, as long as they get the man that never stole.

What you just sadly advocated is the continuation and perpetuation of the same corrupt practices you are talking about
Is Nigeria not your country?

Is this the type of justice system you wish for your country?

How is this helping you and your country?

In what way is this sad and sorry scenario going to move you and your country forward?

You people sounds mentally corrupt than corrupt folks in power. Like they say, Nigerians deserve their crooked and corrupt leaders, they are too mentally and intellectually corrupt and lazy to think straight and do the right thing
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2011
There is a saying that goes "If you smell a rat and one comes out of your kitchen, something is missing" just because we have no hard evidence does not mean we cannot rely on soft ones (deductive reasoning)

Eko-ile, I wish Tinubu DEAD not because I hate him but because he himself cannot explain or show the origin and source of his wealth when he sat 8 yrs on the seat of Lagos renaming Streets and preparing memos for Fashola to execute. (as put forward by Nairaland ACN/Tinubu Apologists/Sycophants)
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lastpage: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
Having followed this thread so far, it is becoming even more obvious that those clamoring that Tinubu "should not have his day in court" like all law-abiding citizens, are either Political jobbers/ Contractors or just doing so based on primordial tribal sentiments!

justice should be equal.thats why it is called justice.however in a case where justice is been selectively applied,then the aim of justice has been defeated.justice should either be applied across board and if it won't be,it shouldn't be applied at all.as they say,he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.
In the first place, "Justice" has never been applied equally, in history!
Justice only SEEKS EQUITY! Even God does not and has not been applying justice equally! Did HE not say "A", I lobe, "B", I hate?
Go through all the "religious books" and you will observe that God, in certain circumstance, for certain purpose, did apply His Justice 'selectively'.
David the King should have been dead a long time, if Justice was "always applied equally", going by his atrocities!

Again, "Crime against the State/People, has no statute of limitation, so if in 20yrs time, one Govt came into power and unearths hard evidence which shows that IBB stole our "Gulf oil windfall" or that OBJ used cronies to steal 15Billion meant for power project, (if that Govt has the Political will), it is perfectly in order to charge them to court, to have "their day", in  an open and fair trial!
It is very criminal to say someone should not be "charged to court" to clear their name, simply because he belongs to the opposition party or he is Yoruba! Habba!!

Tam David west is definitely not on my list of noble men but i believe he has been trying over the years to potray himself as an unbiased statesman.whether he is or not is not for me to say,but in this case,he has spoken the mind of me and a lot of other nigerians
You see, this is the same "selective Justice" you're against!
We all know the "history" of our Dear David West, under the military regime! wink
But when he says 'something you agree with', you agree with him, despite your inner convictions about his "questionable Nobility"!
That my friend, is "selective decision making", based on convenience!

But that is not the issue here.
THE ISSUE IS THAT EVERY ACCUSED PERSON SHOULD BE BROUGHT BEFORE A COURT WITH JURISDICTION IN AND OPEN / FAIR TRIAL.

whether that person is Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa, Whether that person is PheeDeePhee or ACN or Boko Haram, NIGERIANS DONT GIVE A HOOT!

Every "convicted criminal" belonged in Jail, "Bode George status" or not wink
Trying to play the "ethnic angle" does not wash anymore.

BAT is a self-imposed "leader of some chop-i-chop Yorubas". Not the real Yorubas.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by werepeLeri: 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by lastpage: 6:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
This recurring issue of "Plea-bargain" has been abused by our corrupt Politicians and the govt agencies who are supposed to prosecute them.

It seems it is now more profitable to loot the nation dry and then do a 10% 'plea-bargain' with the anti-corruption agencies!
Thats the new strategy!

Of-course, simple mathematics tells me you will keep and be 90% richer (based on how huge your loot is) while the Anti-Corruption's Boss will have 10% of the loot to share amongst themselves!

The only looser's are the Nigerian citizens!

That is why we dont give a hoot "whose horse is gored" or "by whose hands" the gorging is coming from!

From theiving Banker-CEO's, to thieving Sin-nators, to thieving Ministers and thieving Political Executives, our ONLY PRAYER is hat they turn on themselves like mad dogs so we can finish-off the remnants, at the apportioned time! wink

Shameless Leaders Criminals in power!
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 2:26am On Sep 29, 2011

Having followed this thread so far, it is becoming even more obvious that those clamoring that Tinubu "should not have his day in court" like all law-abiding citizens, are either Political jobbers/ Contractors or just doing so based on primordial

You said you've read the thread and have arrived at the fact that some folks are against Tinubu having his day in court.

Do you mind showing us where such was asserted, do that or take back your silly lies. Maybe it's just the usual reading and comprehension problem

Again, "Crime against the State/People, has no statute of limitation, so if in 20yrs time, one Govt came into power and unearths hard evidence which shows that IBB stole our "Gulf oil windfall" or that OBJ used cronies to steal 15Billion meant for power project, (if that Govt has the Political will), it is perfectly in order to charge them to court, to have "their day", in  an open and fair trial!

When are the folks you mentioned going to face the same court of law you are championing and what power is going to unearth what's already been settled? Is this a reading and comprehension problem again? i

Your money is gone and the folks involved are free to spend their loot without looking over their shoulders, they are under the protection of your corrupt laws.

It is very criminal to say someone should not be "charged to court" to clear their name, simply because he belongs to the opposition party or he is Yoruba! Habba!

You see, this is the same "selective Justice" you're against!

We are one the same page, but at the same time, it seems the only justice you really care about is the one against Tinubu with no evidence of stolen money, but you care less about the real looters your laws just let go without facing any court of law.

Is the same court of law you are running your mouth about set up for just a segment of the population that you care about and not other criminals damaging you and your society?

But that is not the issue here
THE ISSUE IS THAT EVERY ACCUSED PERSON SHOULD BE BROUGHT BEFORE A COURT WITH JURISDICTION IN AND OPEN / FAIR TRIAL.

whether that person is Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa, Whether that person is PheeDeePhee or ACN or Boko Haram, NIGERIANS DONT GIVE A

Every "convicted criminal" belonged in Jail, "Bode George status" or not
Trying to play the "ethnic angle" does not wash anymore.

We do agree that no soul is above the law including TINUBU, but in your crooked and warped Judgment, your fixation and zeal for justice is chronically limited to just one Nigerian, and not the many looters your corrupt government just blessed with free get out of jail card with your money and never to face any kind of procecution.

As a Nigerian running your mouth about justice, where is your outrage? Is your outrage selective too? You are excited about your government running after one man because of some bank account without stolen money, but you care less about the ones that really stole your money and your government protecting and covering their own cronies against the same court of law and will never face the same court of law.

So, what court of law are you talking about? What justice are you talking about?

This is why it's so hard to take you people seriously, you are so irrational with your thinking.

So what's next after Tinubu? Nothing, your country is still corrupt and you are still living under a corrupt system where looters loot your money, oppress you with you with your money and never face the ridiculous justice system you are clueless and ignorantly crying about.

Again, you are just another corrupt minded Nigerian and people like you really shouldn't be taking seriously with your upside down absurdities and interpretation of justice and the court system.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 2:32am On Sep 29, 2011
lastpage:

This recurring issue of "Plea-bargain" has been abused by our corrupt Politicians and the govt agencies who are supposed to prosecute them.

It seems it is now more profitable to loot the nation dry and then do a 10% 'plea-bargain' with the anti-corruption agencies!
Thats the new strategy!

Of-course, simple mathematics tells me you will keep and be 90% richer (based on how huge your loot is) while the Anti-Corruption's Boss will have 10% of the loot to share amongst themselves!

The only looser's are the Nigerian citizens!

That is why we dont give a hoot "whose horse is gored" or "by whose hands" the gorging is coming from!

From theiving Banker-CEO's, to thieving Sin-nators, to thieving Ministers and thieving Political Executives, our ONLY PRAYER is hat they turn on themselves like mad dogs so we can finish-off the remnants, at the apportioned time! wink

Shameless Leaders Criminals in power!

This post highlights your sad ambiguity and state of confusion, over here you are worried about looters bargaining their way out of jail, but over there, you care less as long as one man is forced to face the court of law that you care less about other people facing.

You are all over the place with your irrational sense of reasoning. You can not have it both ways.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by EkoIle1: 2:45am On Sep 29, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

There is a saying that goes "If you smell a rat and one comes out of your kitchen, something is missing" just because we have no hard evidence does not mean we cannot rely on soft ones (deductive reasoning)

Eko-ile, I wish Tinubu DEAD not because I hate him but because he himself cannot explain or show the origin and source of his wealth when he sat 8 yrs on the seat of Lagos renaming Streets and preparing memos for Fashola to execute. (as put forward by Nairaland ACN/Tinubu Apologists/Sycophants)

You mean you wish another man death just because you can not explain his wealth? Is this how normal and sane people think?

What kine of human being are you?

Btw, your deductive reasoning sounds more like idiotic, ignorant and shallow reasoning. Is this how they do it in your stone age backward village where they send people to jail just because you smell something and not because you have credible and investigated evidence?

Sometimes I worry about Nigeria and it's surplus population of socially ignorant and backward people,
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Gbenge77(m): 6:55am On Sep 29, 2011
Hope the ccb pursues this to a logical conclusion.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Delafruita(m): 7:36am On Sep 29, 2011
@lastpage

there's no basis here for the God comparison.if the laws of this day were applied to Bible times,David,Abraham,Moses etc would be facing the international court of justice for genocide,war crimes etc.pharaoh,herod would be facing panels.

Times have changed and we,modern men,pride ourselves on been advanced.the basis for justice is equity.whether that basis is abided with or not,the fact remains justice is supposed to be equal.

@lagerwhenindoubt

what the heck do you mean by "soft evidence"?so in your warped view,people should be prosecuted based on hearsay?do you realise that hard evidence isn't even a basis for conviction?the onus still lies on the prosecutor to prove his case beyond all reasonable doubt.whatever it smells or doesn't smell like,we live in a civilized world where such jungle justice has no place.a case has to be proven with the aid of evidence as hard as concrete.

@all

i wonder why peoiple are getting carried away by all the media hoopla surounding this case.it is clear this is an attempt by the FG to stiffle the opposition in the face of upcoming elections in 5states.like i stated earlier,all our leaders are corrupt and it is unfortunate that we have to choose between the devil and the sea.but like i always say,i prefer a progressive thief to a degenerate thief.anyone who celebrates this persecution of asiwaju should realise that the only reason nigeria can progress is if we have a viable opposition which servees as a constant threat to the PDP.the PDP knows that and thats why it seeks to stiffle that opposition.
I know a lot of people wouldn't agree with my "myopic" views but the fact remains that is the reality of the nigerian situation.the only alternative to the corrupt,ineffective hegenomy called PDP is an equally corrupt but more progressive ACN.i choose to go with the progressive thief and when i see the ineffective one trying to remain in power in perpetuity through means such as this,i will kick against it
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Ogosoga: 8:47am On Sep 29, 2011
Corruption is not a member of any party neither a member of any tribe, does it mean that Tinubu does not know that he needed to declare his asset before assuming office? If members of ACN feels that it is just a plan to destroy Tinubu what they should do is to search for members of PDP that also violates the same code of conduct or something. Why should we be defending Tinubu, let him go to court and defend himself so that this will sound warning to all the serving governors and other political office holders, We all shout here every day that Nigeria is corrupt but when corruption is been checked we tag it to political and ethnic problems.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by nsiadi: 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2011
@Ogosoga
Yea, Lets use d thieves to ferret other thieves
They know themselves & will like to drag themselves to jail
I blv there is God`s hand in all these
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Saipro(m): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2011
@desola & @apocalypse

I try to keep mum on political issues as much as I can afford to; but you guys (an outstanding duo) are the cream on this thread. Put Tinubu aside, I'd have sworn you guys are sour lovers - if I didn't know better. And with the impeccable English? My kind of guy & my kind of babe. Too bad you guys can't come to terms with each other.

@desola
If you think it's truly an attack on Yoruba folk, call a truce & reconcile with your brother

@apocalypse
I came onto this thread 'cause I was fishing for a certain reply of yours. Be the traditional Yoruba man and overlook whatever slight you may think has been visited upon you (granted, she sparked off the invectives) and CALL THE TRUCE! PM her or whatever (I don't wanna know how you do it) but cajole her to dinner or something.

Let the Tams, Bolas & judicial system have a field day. We can predict with near certainty the outcome. Or not. Slugging it out her won't alter a thing. Lastly, do brush your teeth (lest you develop halitosis) & clean out your ears (enough said to cause otitis interna). Peace!

PS: What a draft! Can't believe I typed all that gunk
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by 1025: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2011
when we were growing, we were told that charity begins at home but today, an ijaw man believes that charity begins from lagos.
you have a wife who is a criminal and has her own case file with efcc, you leave her to address a criminal in lagos. if every other state gov will steal like tinubu and bring their various states to the standard of lagos, who will be complaining?
why is the war against corruption in nigeria most focused on the govs? is it another way of saying that everything is ok at federal levels?what if english language allows such statement as; thief, thiefer, thiefest and we have the following names; tinubu, tony annenih and then obasanjo?
thief - tinubu
thiefer - tony annenih
thiefest - obasanjo
i expect nigerians to be wiser than these rubbish pdp is doing.

we were told that jega used over N85B to organise the most free and fair election in the history of man but stories coming out from kastina has it that 8 cpc National assembly members have been sacked by election tribunal. who is decieving who here? is either inec lied or the court is lying now. at the end of the day, the cpc stronghold in the north is about to be destroyed while tinubu is the only obstacle in the west so sending him to jail and getting him over to their devilish side by all possible means will be the key here.
what happened to atiku till date after ribadu and obasanjo indicted him? is he not still a free man till date? if only God can destroy this useless country and all of us here because we are a disgrace of a country.
one party system is the target and bring down such forces as buhari and tinubu will definitely do the magic.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by nsiadi: 12:51am On Sep 30, 2011
@1025
Well articulated, but you have not exonerated your idol from his crime
Must we close eyes to his possessing many foreign accounts while in office, contrary to provision in our statutes ?
Let him be minus one of roguish lots
Spread dragnets to people like him & by the end of the day we may clean-up the system
Folks lets jettison petty sentiments
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2011
Saipro:

@desola & @apocalypse

I try to keep mum on political issues as much as I can afford to; but you guys (an outstanding duo) are the cream on this thread. Put Tinubu aside, I'd have sworn you guys are sour lovers - if I didn't know better. And with the impeccable English? My kind of guy & my kind of babe. Too bad you guys can't come to terms with each other.

@desola
If you think it's truly an attack on Yoruba folk, call a truce & reconcile with your brother

@apocalypse
I came onto this thread 'cause I was fishing for a certain reply of yours. Be the traditional Yoruba man and overlook whatever slight you may think has been visited upon you (granted, she sparked off the invectives) and CALL THE TRUCE! PM her or whatever (I don't wanna know how you do it) but cajole her to dinner or something.

Let the Tams, Bolas & judicial system have a field day. We can predict with near certainty the outcome. Or not. Slugging it out her won't alter a thing. Lastly, do brush your teeth (lest you develop halitosis) & clean out your ears (enough said to cause otitis interna). Peace!

@ desola
I am truly sorrow for my unruly behaviour and bad language. I see my first post on the thread was what incensed you but I wasn't making it a personal attack on you and I wasn't acting like a gentleman ( don't we also use the gentleman term loosely ) at all. I disrespected your mother and you and I am hoping you will accept my apology.

it) but cajole her to dinner or something.

[quote][/quote]

@ desola
I am truly sorrow for my unruly behaviour and bad language. I see my first post on the thread was what incensed you but I wasn't making it a personal attack on you and I wasn't acting like a gentleman ( don't we also use the gentleman term loosely ) at all. I disrespected your mother and you and I am hoping you will accept my apology.
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Icon4s(m): 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
A blast from the past
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Slncere9gerian: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
how time flies
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Slncere9gerian: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
nsiadi:
@1025
Well articulated, but you have not exonerated your idol from his crime
Must we close eyes to his possessing many foreign accounts while in office, contrary to provision in our statutes ?
Let him be minus one of roguish lots
Spread dragnets to people like him & by the end of the day we may clean-up the system
Folks lets jettison petty sentiments
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nawa oh!
Re: Tinubu's Trial Is An Embarrassment To Nigeria - Prof. Tam David-West by Slncere9gerian: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
I guess Saraki's trial Is also an embarrassment to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Press Release By Save Nigeria Group: S.n.g. -Tunde Bakare / The People Of Imo State And The Scam Of Free Education / President Buhari’s Full Speech At The 30th AU Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.