Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Tourist Visit To Arochukwu - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourist Visit To Arochukwu (3975 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by vikiviko(m): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2007
A tourist visist to a place like Arochukwu in Abia state was really eventful.

I had the opportunity with other International Volunteers to visit the historical town of Arochukwu last saturday.
We visited the Eze Aro, he's the most senior of the Eze's in the Community.Also we visited Eze Amanagwu and Eze ibom.
We were shown an historical museum in Ujari, chains, masks, ancient padlocks and doors used long ago were shown to us.
The Aro people are educated and intelligent people, you will find a woman of 80 years speaking English with such clarity and fluency.
The drawbacks visiting a place like Arochukwu is the roads. The roads are bad and suicidal.
The yam festival just started and the climax is the ending of the month , 29th precisely.I hope to be there again to catch a glimpse of this historical town with an history for slave trading.
If you an Aro person please tell us more about the Aro people and its 19 communities.
I will post pictures next week
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by steeee(m): 10:02pm On Dec 02, 2007
Hi vivto i saw ur write up on Arochukwu .
What do u want to know?
cause UJARI is my village and the museum u saw was my great grand dads own
did they tell u about the twins not allowed inside the museum
i really appreciate ur understanding of ARO KINGDOM
am at ur service
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by vikiviko(m): 9:42am On Dec 06, 2007
Actually i visited Aro chukwu with some international Voluntourist.

We explored the historical place called Aro, met the Eze Aro in his place, visited the other Eze's, visited the ujari museum and utani
I will loved to visit the place again if not for the bad road during the last yam festival to which i had a special invitation from the Eze Aro.I saw the graveside of Alvan ikoku too at the College of Education
Tell me more about Arochukwu.
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by steeee(m): 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2007
Arochukwu is always an intresting place to be especially these christmas u will really have fun .
The Aro people has a very rich culture in the present IGBO Land i think Aros are the only people that have preserve their culture .
Do u know that in Arochukwu today there is know installation of chieftancy titles and if not for the British invasion were our most prized artifects were carted away and infact the British meet a real resitance of over 100,000 thousand soldiers that barrigade the british invade Arochukwu .
The British expedition in 1900 -02 was the only set back Aro kingdom has suffer. Arochukwu cultural was totally draw form the efiks the original owners of the Land , before the AkPAS know as ibom issi because if u look at the nineeteen villages in Arochukwu all has a role to paly during the new yam festival u went for , But maybe u will not understand like Ujari u went to see the museum must bring the palmwine they will use for liberation during EKE Ekpe day . The Highest authority the supreme court is the EKPE society whatever they say bonds . Arochukwu and Calabars share the same culturally heritage and the type of food u find in calabar u definetly see in Aro man . Just before i leave Arochukwu has a coat of arm u see all AROS tieing the wrapper and the ikeji is the same time with the JEWS own and the the days and rituals are the same .Infact u can reach me on christainokereke@yahoo.com for more and where are u from ? and What is ur itinary like these xmas ?
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by proo212(m): 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
I remember going to Arochukwu way back in 85 or 86 on school excursion. Those were the days! Even back then I was amazed at the history that was visible. We also were hosted by the Eze. The roads were bad then because I remember vividly our school bus trying negotiate a bridge when we got there.

But all in all I'm glad we explored a bit. There's soo much to see and do in Nigeria it's unbelievable.
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by ifyalways(f): 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2007
I dont beleive i'm just seeing this. shocked
Proud ARO babe in da house,tall and beautiful as they come.
txs for your write up vikiviko.  kiss

steee so you are nwa mazi?
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 15, 2007
whatever makes you feel proud to be from arochukwu, nevr seen it on the map., wherever it is. angry
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by ifyalways(f): 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2007
olrotimi:

whatever makes you feel proud to be from arochukwu, nevr seen it on the map., wherever it is. angry
. . .Please just get lost.
Thank you!
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by steeee(m): 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2007
Hi IFALWAYS ,
Am from UJARI . Is nice knowing u are from the GREAT KNIGDOM were morals and justice are still been held in High Esteem
So when are u coming Back for xmas ?
And compliments of the season
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by steeee(m): 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2007
whatever makes you feel proud to be from arochukwu, nevr seen it on the map., wherever it is.

U Know the Nigeria ten naira how it looks like ? the man there Dr ALVAN IKOKU is from AROCHUKWU and his the firsrt educationist in Eastern Nigeria
have u seen the Scottish Pound ( 50 pounds ) u see the river Mary Slessor came from calabar to Arochukwu know as Amasu is there and will be there in scottish pound . Where are u really from ? and what makes u think u place is better ?
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by ifyalways(f): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2007
Steee,its nice knowing there is a brother here blows him a brotherly kiss  cool
xmass ?can't tell yet,all da same do have a lovely day.one love  kiss

a maro asu aro very well n'ihi na amuru m na onitsha.i do hope to learn da real thing someday  wink
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by BabsO2(m): 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2007
I have heard a lot about Aro. Will like to visit as a tourist someday. Please do share some pictures.
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by mamagee3(f): 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
olrotimi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by ifyalways(f): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2011
Mamagee bumped this thread because?
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by amarula(f): 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2011
i have been to arochukwu twice, beautiful place, beautiful people and beautiful food.went to a place called obinkita, heard that's kanu nwanko's village. i want to go there again,
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by ifyalways(f): 11:09am On Apr 04, 2011
amarula:

i have been to arochukwu twice, beautiful place, beautiful people and beautiful food.went to a place called obinkita, heard that's kanu nwanko's village. i want to go there again,
Thank you jare.
I wud be on ground to host you on ur next visit. kiss
Kanu is from Amanagwu.
Re: Tourist Visit To Arochukwu by edomitam: 5:59am On Mar 28, 2022
You should be proud of your origin @ifyalways...I know some tall and beautiful Aro girls.

(1) (Reply)

The New US Visa Application Fee Higher Than Official Currency Rates In Nigeria? / The Man Who Drove A Car From London To Kano / Drone Pic Of Oil Rich Village Of Mmiata Anam Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.