Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission (17115 Views)

I Need Help From "Justwise" / Urgent Advice From Justwise For Uk Admission / U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by violent(m): 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2012
@OP and anybody else in OP's shoes:

I'd reiterate my earlier advise that you SHOULD not bother to draw so much attention to things that will be normally understood as a mistake, doing so will only warrant further suspicions and investigation into your application which of course is the first thing you will want to avoid.

Below is an excerpt from the UKBA website:

RFL4.3 What is a false representation?
A false representation is when an applicant or third party lies or makes a false statement in an application, either orally or in writing. The application must be refused even if the false representation is not relevant to the application or your decision and even if the applicant was not aware that false representations, information or documents have been used.

However, you must should not refuse an applicant because you suspect that false representations have been made or because of minor inaccuracies in the application, for example an inaccurate address or mis-spelt name on a visa application form. See the ECO Toolkit for guidance on how to assess an application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/rfl/rfl4/

Again, these things are being checked by humans not computers, they are well trained to detect and separate an obvious human error from a false representation.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2012
violent:

@OP and anybody else in OP's shoes:

I'd reiterate my earlier advise that you SHOULD not bother to draw so much attention to things that will be normally understood as a mistake, doing so will only warrant further suspicions and investigation into your application which of course is the first thing you will want to avoid.

Below is an excerpt from the UKBA website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/rfl/rfl4/

Again, these things are being checked by humans not computers, they are well trained to detect and separate an obvious human error from a false representation.

You are mis-interpreting that section. . . However, you must should not refuse an applicant because you suspect that false representations have been made or because of minor inaccuracies in the application, for example an inaccurate address or mis-spelt name on a visa application form. See the ECO Toolkit for guidance on how to assess an application.

Miss-spelling in visa application form is NOT the same as submitting personal documents with a letter missing. If you mis-spelt in your application form they could see that every other documents have the correct spelling, in that case its a genuine mistake.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by violent(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2012
justwise:

You are mis-interpreting that section. . . However, you must should not refuse an applicant because you suspect that false representations have been made or because of minor inaccuracies in the application, for example an inaccurate address or mis-spelt name on a visa application form. See the ECO Toolkit for guidance on how to assess an application.

Miss-spelling in visa application form is NOT the same as submitting personal documents with a letter missing. If you mis-spelt in your application form they could see that every other documents have the correct  spelling, in that case its a genuine mistake.

All documents are seen and counted as official.  As a matter of fact, the most important document in your application is your application form, because this is a property of the UKBA and it provides a complete representation of yourself to the agency.  All other documents are considered supporting evidence, if anything, you will expect that the agency will place more weight on the accuracy of the information submitted on the application forms.  Your supporting documents will only be checked for genuineness and relevance.

In this case, i will argue against the logic that an official will accept a misspell as genuine on your visa application form while the same would be taken serious enough to deny an applicant a visa if it were on a Waec result certificate.  All documents submitted are considered as official documents, and minor inaccuracies will definitely be overlooked. If my middle name was spelt ending with a T in 20 other documents, it will be considered irresponsible and unprofessional for an ECO to deny my application based solely on the fact that my Waec result is missing that T.

The UKBA isn't hoping that all applications will be completely devoid of human errors, so long as your documents are 100% genuine and you meet all requirement, you are more than likely safe.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by strika: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2012
Hi Everyone, i'm really happy to read how you guys are trying to help a brother out here. Please i have a little challenge and won't mind if you guys can share your opinion with me: I am a 2012 DV lottery selectee, i've had my interview in January and collected my visa a week after the interview, but the the lady that conducted the interview said she would like to verify if my WAEC CERTIFICATES (I'm combining 2 WAEC results) are authentic which I gladly consented to because I sat for the SSCE/GCE exams MYSELF and the certificates are authentic, but the problem is 1. on the GCE certificate my names are correctly spelt but my year of birth was wrongly written(1984 instead of 1985) 2. On the SSCE certificates has my first name as TUNJI instead of OLATUNJI and the DOB was entire different from my real DOB. I noticed this error in 2009 and my elder sister helped me to contact someone who is a WAEC official on what to do to correct the discrepancy and she said it going to be difficult to correct it and that i should just go and swear an affidavit to that effect, which i did. Now, on the day i got to the embassy for the interview, the affidavit was part of my document but the Nigerian lady that checked my document in before the interview returned some of my document, including the affidavit i wanted to explain to her but i presumed she knows what she's doing.
A week after the interview (the day i collected my visa) i sent them an e-mail requesting for my WAEC Certs. they called me on phone and said that i should come [with my visa and the brown parcel they gave me] so that we can discuss my waec certificates. I went there two days later as instructed, submitted my International passport/visa, after some minutes the official that conducted my interview came , told me my WAEC Certs. are fake but returned my parcel and visa to me saying i'm qualified for the visa (i think based on my current academic level/ profession) and that they can't release my WAEC certificates and if I need one i should go and collect another one from WAEC.
Please people, pardon me for the lengthy writeup and for writing on someone else's topic-space.
Please i need all your responses ASAP.
THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 11:06am On Feb 14, 2012
strika:

Hi Everyone, i'm really happy to read how you guys are trying to help a brother out here. Please i have a little challenge and won't mind if you guys can share your opinion with me: I am a 2012 DV lottery selectee, i've had my interview in January and collected my visa a week after the interview, but the the lady that conducted the interview said she would like to verify if my WAEC CERTIFICATES (I'm combining 2 WAEC results) are authentic which I gladly consented to because I sat for the SSCE/GCE exams MYSELF and the certificates are authentic, but the problem is 1. on the GCE certificate my names are correctly spelt but my year of birth was wrongly written(1984 instead of 1985) 2. On the SSCE certificates has my first name as TUNJI instead of OLATUNJI and the DOB was entire different from my real DOB. I noticed this error in 2009 and my elder sister helped me to contact someone who is a WAEC official on what to do to correct the discrepancy and she said it going to be difficult to correct it and that i should just go and swear an affidavit to that effect, which i did. Now, on the day i got to the embassy for the interview, the affidavit was part of my document but the Nigerian lady that checked my document in before the interview returned some of my document, including the affidavit i wanted to explain to her but i presumed she knows what she's doing.
A week after the interview (the day i collected my visa) i sent them an e-mail requesting for my WAEC Certs. they called me on phone and said that i should come [with my visa and the brown parcel they gave me] so that we can discuss my waec certificates. I went there two days later as instructed, submitted my International passport/visa, after some minutes the official that conducted my interview came , told me my WAEC Certs. are fake but returned my parcel and visa to me saying i'm qualified for the visa (i think based on my current academic level/ profession) and that they can't release my WAEC certificates and if I need one i should go and collect another one from WAEC.
Please people, pardon me for the lengthy writeup and for writing on someone else's topic-space.
Please i need all your responses ASAP.

THANKS.

Can't you get another result statement from WAEC?
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by kunlewoye(m): 7:01pm On May 02, 2012
Dears,
I plan to apply for my visa later this month or early next month. The issue is with the mistake (1985 instead of 1986) in my year of birth on my WAEC cert that I just collected last week ( I had been using my statement of result since 2001!). Please, I schooled in Osun state but I work in Abuja now. I was at the Abuja WAEC office today where I was referred to the Ibadan zonal office because my school is grouped under that "zone". I simply can not start to lobby for a new one now as it's almost too late; what with the "3month minimum and 6months max" time frame for a new one to be issued. Please I need your very honest opinions on here as I have learnt issues regarding integrity of documents, particularly those pertaining to date of birth, are very crucial to one's chances. What should I do? Swear an affidavit? Get a letter from WAEC?(doubtful of its credibility) Ignore it? Please what is my best bet? All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by pacsinzu: 7:24am On May 13, 2012
Pls help,I nid all advice I can get immediately. My issue is that on my bsc and wassce certificate my middle name was wrongly spelt as michael instead of micheal. My dob also'may 24 1984 instead of june 8 1986m I already got an attestation letter from my school as another certificate cannot be issued soon and have got a sworn affidavit on my real date of birth and as also in my passport. I intend to go to waec immediately also to get a lettet from them as regards all these mistakes. I am also due to apply for my visa immediately. Honestly I am not using any fake document but I am really scared and can't bear τ̅ђε thought of visa refusal. Please am going nuts, tell me sumtin please. Thanks to you all in anticipation of your advice.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 9:05am On May 13, 2012
pacsinzu: Pls help,I nid all advice I can get immediately. My issue is that on my bsc and wassce certificate my middle name was wrongly spelt as michael instead of micheal. My dob also'may 24 1984 instead of june 8 1986m [b]I already got an attestation letter from my school as another certificate cannot be issued soon and have got a sworn affidavit on my real date of birth and as also in my passport. I intend to go to waec immediately also to get a lettet from them as regards all these mistakes. [/b]I am also due to apply for my visa immediately. Honestly I am not using any fake document but I am really scared and can't bear τ̅ђε thought of visa refusal. Please am going nuts, tell me sumtin please. Thanks to you all in anticipation of your advice.

If you do all that then you will be fine and don't forget to explain it clearly as you did here.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by pacsinzu: 10:50am On May 13, 2012
How do I begin to put into words aw much I appreciate your response? All I can say is thank you and God bless you. Please where do I state it? In τ̅ђε visa application form?
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 11:15am On May 13, 2012
pacsinzu: How do I begin to put into words aw much I appreciate your response? All I can say is thank you and God bless you. Please where do I state it? In τ̅ђε visa application form?

There is always a blank sheet attached to visa application form and you are allowed to use extra sheet to write whatever you want and attach it to the form

Reading your first post i did not see anything that suggested that you are trying to cheat the system and you explained the situation perfectly.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by kunlewoye(m): 12:29pm On May 13, 2012
@Pacsinzu,
Seems we are in the same mess 2geda. As I type I am on my way frm Abuja to my secondary school in Osun for d 2nd tym in 3wks. I'm goin fr d letter frm my principal. Pls what does d body of your letter contain? Is it addressed to waec, to whom it may concern, or directly to the uk commission? Since u won't b having another one issued. Cld u drop ur digits/email or wateva u feel to drop? Tx
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by MOELLIOTT(f): 11:51am On Feb 27, 2013
God success!
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by MOELLIOTT(f): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
?
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
MOELLIOTT: I schooled and live in the UK. The middle name is of no real significance. Some people spell my middle name Timileyin some spell Timilehin. Some add Olu and others Oluwa. It's a variance on the same name. No one has ever asked me why the difference.

The error is also too insignificant to be picked up. Use your first and last names. If you need to include a middle name use the correct spelling.

Once you start adding affidavit, you are looking for undue attention. Nigerians are already seen in a questionable light so don't add more documents than you need. The quality of the result is more importnt than the misspelt middlename!

God success!

That is not true, your name is your name, whether middle, first or last name,any misspelling will mean a completely different thing, especially when you are dealing with something like visa or international traveling

Some airlines will charge you as much as 50 pounds to correct your name if you misspelt it.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by mrswagger: 11:21am On Feb 28, 2013
kunlewoye: @Pacsinzu,
Seems we are in the same mess 2geda. As I type I am on my way frm Abuja to my secondary school in Osun for d 2nd tym in 3wks. I'm goin fr d letter frm my principal. Pls what does d body of your letter contain? Is it addressed to waec, to whom it may concern, or directly to the uk commission? Since u won't b having another one issued. Cld u drop ur digits/email or wateva u feel to drop? Tx

@kunlewoye, I would strongly advise you to tell ur principal to address d letter as To whom it may concern just in case u decide to use it again for future purposes in other fields and areas..
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by Daviesky: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
Please i want to know if there would be problem in my first name Davis on my passport but on my birthcert its written Davies.i just won an appeal case and its 3weeks now i havent heard from the embassy and worried anout the name do you think it would be a problem.?
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by jdilight(m): 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
justwise:

That is what you should do, WAEC wouldn't issue you another result any soon.

I didn't see the thread you said existed, Can you help direct me to the thread?
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
jdilight:

I didn't see the thread you said existed, Can you help direct me to the thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1261094/travelling-china..make-enquiries-here
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by jdilight(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by Jefa4real: 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ just wise....
I'm applying for MSc in Scotland, but in my Waec result the year of birth I used was 1992 which is wrong. The correct one is 1991. I have been using d corrextvone ever since I realised the former was wrong.
Now what do I do to avoid complications, denial, but still maintain my integrity. I have less than three weeks to complete my application.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by Jefa4real: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
I need help on what to do. I have the wrong year of birth on my wassc...1992
Bit d real one is 1991....I want to use Dis for a visa.,..but dey require wassc result...,help me so I can retain my integrity
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by MhizzCency: 2:35pm On May 11, 2019
Good day pls I need help.. Can I apply for Visa with my IELTS UKvi result which has a wrong date of Birth if I swear an affidavit? My other documents have the correct Date of Birth except thus ielts ukvi... Will it Good day pls I need help.. Can I apply for Visa with my IELTS UKvi result which has a wrong date of Birth if I swear an affidavit? My other documents have the correct Date of Birth except thus ielts ukvi... Will it affect my decision
Real DOB; 05-07-1992

Wrng one: 05-07-1995
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by PEAJEG: 10:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
@Justwise

Good evening. I have been seeking solution to an issue I have and then I stumbled upon this thread. I have authenticated all my documents at the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs respectively in Abuja and have booked for pre enrolment and legalization at the Italian Consulate in Lagos. However, I am a little bit worried about my own case. In my WAEC certificate, my name was misspelt/ incomplete and I have been using it that way over the years (sat for the exam in 2003) but now, preparing to go for pre enrolment next week, I am now bothered. In my WAEC, my names were spelt as EMEJOSHUA U. PEACE instead of EMEH-JOSHUA UGOCHUKWU PEACE which are my names in full and are on my other documents including international passport. I have sworn an affidavit for correction of name which stated that the both names on the certificates refer to same person. I have also translated it to Italia and authenticated it at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please is this going to pose a threat to my application chances? I am going for an M.Sc in Global Environmental Change. Your response will he highly appreciated.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 7:54am On Jul 06, 2019
PEAJEG:
@Justwise

Good evening. I have been seeking solution to an issue I have and then I stumbled upon this thread. I have authenticated all my documents at the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs respectively in Abuja and have booked for pre enrolment and legalization at the Italian Consulate in Lagos. However, I am a little bit worried about my own case. In my WAEC certificate, my name was misspelt/ incomplete and I have been using it that way over the years (sat for the exam in 2003) but now, preparing to go for pre enrolment next week, I am now bothered. In my WAEC, my names were spelt as EMEJOSHUA U. PEACE instead of EMEH-JOSHUA UGOCHUKWU PEACE which are my names in full and are on my other documents including international passport. I have sworn an affidavit for correction of name which stated that the both names on the certificates refer to same person. I have also translated it to Italia and authenticated it at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Please is this going to pose a threat to my application chances? I am going for an M.Sc in Global Environmental Change. Your response will he highly appreciated.

You have done the right thing by doing affidavit, i don't think there is any more you can do as i understand that its very hard to get correction done with WAEC .

Which one is your first and last name?
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by PEAJEG: 10:02am On Jul 06, 2019
justwise:

You have done the right thing by doing affidavit, i don't think there is any more you can do as i understand that its very hard to get correction done with WAEC .

@Justwise

Thank you for this prompt response.

EMEH-JOSHUA is my real surname while UGOCHUKWU is my first name. PEACE is my middle name.

But on the certificate, my first name was silenced as an E. While surname was misspelt/ had an error as EMEJOSHUA. They didn't add the "H and -".

The affidavit was issued by the High Court in Umuahia, Abia state, Nigeria and I traveled to Abuja to get it Authenticated at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Good morning.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by justwise(m): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2019
PEAJEG:

@Justwise

Thank you for this prompt response.

EMEH-JOSHUA is my real surname while UGOCHUKWU is my first name. PEACE is my middle name.

But on the certificate, my first name was silenced as an E. While surname was misspelt/ had an error as EMEJOSHUA. They didn't add the "H and -".

The affidavit was issued by the High Court in Umuahia, Abia state, Nigeria and I traveled to Abuja to get it Authenticated at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Good morning.

Have you contacted WAEC about this?
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by PEAJEG: 11:29am On Jul 06, 2019
justwise:

Have you contacted WAEC about this?

@Justwise
I quickly sort their email address and mailed them yesterday evening when I stumbled across this thread. That was around 3pm. Before then I was chatting with one of their customer care reps who referred me to their website for me to pick their contact email as she said she it wasn't in her power to effect changes. I attached a picture of the affected certificate and copied all the email addresses I saw relating to their national office in Nigeria and also the one in Accra.

I am yet to get a response from their office to this regard. I just finished my authentications in Abuja Thursday and collected my translated copies Friday evening (yesterday). Now have booked my travel to Lagos for tomorrow so that I can have Monday to access what I have before proceeding for pre enrolment at the Consulate on Tuesday.
Re: Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission by Faraohzavatar: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
justwise:

Please do you have to still take you transcript for legalization even after your previous University has sent it to the school you have gotten admission from? Because like Unilag won't send your transcript to you in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Friendly And Unfriendly Countries For Tourists / Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) / Two Female Immigration Officers Collapse On Parade Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.