Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] (228756 Views)

Oven Bake Your Cars And Make Them Look Brand New / Rejuvenation Of Headlights!!!!!! Aka Make Your Headlights Look Brand New! :d / Respray/repaint Ur Car Making Use Of Oven Baking Technology. Pix Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 11:06am On Mar 17, 2013
Car resprays – a cost effective solution to a new looking car

If your car is a trusty runner and has not let you down for years but is now looking a little tired then maybe one of our car resprays is for you. Cars that are mechanically sound and well serviced are worth keeping these days as they can be handed down through the family for others to learn to drive etc. So when it drives like a dream but looks tatty its time to get a car respray and get it looking good again. A good quality car respray can transform the look and feel of any car and the car respray cost doesn't have to break the bank. Do beware though, very cheap car resprays don't last, the gloss will drop over time and you will be left with a semi matte car.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Your bumper scratch repair explained.

When we damage our cars bumper the plastic will often bend and return to it’s original shape but the paintwork will be scuffed needing what is called a ‘bumper scuff repair‘. A bumper scuff repair is different to a plastic bumper repair as the later normally refers to a structural repair of the bumpers plastic skin or frame.

Sometimes the bumper scratch will just polish off if you are lucky. If the bumper scuff will not polish off then a bumper scratch repair is imminent and we can do that for you at a competitive price. All our bumper repairs are painted in our spray booth and oven baked, this is more beneficial to both your car and the environment.

The process of your bumper scratch repair.

The bumper scratch will be first sanded so we can remove all the scratches and apply a few coats of 2k primer. This primer will then will be sanded down also the panels of your car that need painting. Some bumper repairs require the adjacent panel to be blended while others can just be painted edge to edge. It is up to you if you want your car blended or just a straight edge to edge colour match, we advise blending as it ensures a better end result.

With the bumper repair done and the base colour sprayed on and dried it is time to apply 2 coats of sikkens high build clear coat. This is where we think our work will be more protective than smart repairs as they often use a very thin coat of clear to allow them to get it dry in the open quickly. If they applied 2 nice coats of high build clear they would never dry it properly in the short time they are have available, 2k paint requires 65 degrees of heat[oven bake] to make it set.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2013
For premium quality oven baked vehicle respraying at it's best, call 08027338500
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by aetel1: 12:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
how much can i get to fix a side dent and scratch on my car
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
aetel1: do u do clearcoat also, i suggest u add that so car paint jobs can be preserved from weakening by the environment

Clear coat finish is standard on all autobase paint jobs we do except the customer requests for a customized paint job that might not require clear coat as in the case with matte finish. Thanx for the concern smiley
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 7:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Bring your machine back to life with a quality motorbike respray.
Over the years we have prepped and sprayed many things, cars, vans, SUVs and trucks but a motorbike respray is something we especially enjoy. Taking a used motorbike that has scratches and stone chips on it, maybe the graphics are peeling or it just looks out of date with faded colours, whatever the task is, making your motorbike paintwork look fresh and new again is something we do very well. From BSA classics like the Rocket three to Suzuki sports bikes we have done so many and that is why your bike is safe in our hands, our passion and attention to detail is second to non.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
aetel1: how much can i get to fix a side dent and scratch on my car

It's always better to physically assess a damage before we give a quote of this nature but it would cost you btw 10 to 15k subject to physical examination.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2013
Advantages of re spraying your vehicles with us

*All vehicles are sprayed in our ultra modern spray booth which guarantees that excess paint does not settle on the car as it is sucked out through a vacuum thereby ensuring a smoother finish
*Our spray gun is of the highest quality in the market and it delivers a very fine spray that enhances a perfect finish
*We use only the best quality materials, same as used by leading car manufacturers. Our paint Jobs would still be glimmering for years if the right car wash liquids are used in washing it.
*Our artisans are highly skilled/ meticulous and all our Jobs are constantly scrutinised to ensure that we take care of the smallest detail leaving your car looking as good as new.
*Upon completion of spraying, all vehicles are oven baked to ensure an even and controlled drying process. The oven baking also strengthens the protective coat(laquer) which makes the paint job more resistant to scratches and ensures your paint job lasts longer.

We look forward to answering your questions and being at your service.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 2:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
Pastor Kun: Contact us today and let's get your car looking brand new again; call 08027338500 or visit our website via www.pristineautosng.com
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:15am On Mar 26, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of our visitors who use the ‘ask us anything’ form gain interesting and useful information from us about car body repairs. It is a good way for you to get to know your repairer and feel comfortable with them before you spend your money. The most frequently asked questions are posted on this page to keep them all in one place and easy to find. If you have a question you would like to know the answer to just use the ask us anything web form and we will get back to you with your answer.

Car respray questions:

How much is a car respray?

Why does a car have to be sprayed in a low bake oven?

How long after a respray before I can wax my car?

Accident repair questions:

Am I allowed to use the car body shop of my choice for insurance repairs?

Vehicle salvage repair questions:

What does it mean when you say a car is written off?
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by mishooo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hello Pst Kun, i have 2 questions:

1. Do you draw on cars?? e.g. like flame drawing that is common or something more interesting.
2. There's a matte kind of WAX that can be sprayed on cars to change the car color and protect the original color but it can be peeled off (since it is just a layer of wax) whenever one desires. Do you do something like that?
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 2:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
mishooo: Hello Pst Kun, i have 2 questions:

1. Do you draw on cars?? e.g. like flame drawing that is common or something more interesting.
2. There's a matte kind of WAX that can be sprayed on cars to change the car color and protect the original color but it can be peeled off (since it is just a layer of wax) whenever one desires. Do you do something like that?

Depending on exactly what kind of drawing you want, yes we can do drawings/graphic works on cars. As per your second question, no we don't do the type of washable matte paint you are talking about. Thanx for the enquiries.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by mishooo(m): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Depending on exactly what kind of drawing you want, yes we can do drawings/graphic works on cars. As per your second question, no we don't do the type of washable matte paint you are talking about. Thanx for the enquiries.

something like this.

Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by mishooo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

As per your second question, no we don't do the type of washable matte paint you are talking about. Thanx for the enquiries.

Like a plastic dip. Its not washable. It is WAX based - that means you can peel it off like in the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuWevxinURA
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
mishooo:

something like this.

I am sorry we don't do that type of painting for now. The closest we can achieve is to do it on flex I.e sticker and stick it to the car.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by mishooo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
Did you check the plastic dip in the youtube?? all you need is the wax paint.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 6:57pm On Mar 26, 2013
mishooo: Did you check the plastic dip in the youtube?? all you need is the wax paint.

I haven't been able to check, I am currently browsing with my phone and accessing youtube via phone is always a problem. I would check it out once I get home on my laptop.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2013
We respray cars for lasting quality

When ever we respray cars and other vehicles we get a great sense of turning time back. To take a vehicle that was scratched, dented and not looked after and make it flat and shiney again is a real accomplishment. It doesn’t matter if its a car respray, van or motorbike respray, all have their own challenges and reasons for being resprayed.

To respray car correctly all the bumpers, mouldings, mirrors and any other trims that are easily removed should be removed. There are two reasons for removing trims and bumpers etc, firstly from the point of overspray not getting on the edges of the parts you dont want to respray. Secondly when parts are very close together it is hard to sand them fully, this can lead to flaking paint at later stages of the cars life especially if the owner uses a jet washer. A good car respray should have a lasting shine and body repairs that are stable and do not sink (sinkage is fine prep scratches under the top coat that appear over time), using the best equipment and materials will achieve this.

We use Sikkens basecoats with a high solid clear coat for maximum protection. All our repairs are skimmed over with dolphing glaze 2k stopper first then primed with a 5:1 high build primer for lasting stability. Everything we spray and our car paintwork repair process is done in our low bake oven and either baked off at 65c or infra red dried, nothing is left to chance.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
mishooo: Did you check the plastic dip in the youtube?? all you need is the wax paint.

I have been able to check the youtube video, what is needed is plastic primer and plastic spray paint unfortunately I am not sure this plastic paint is available in Nigeria as I am yet to come across it locally.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by mishooo(m): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I have been able to check the youtube video, what is needed is plastic primer and plastic spray paint unfortunately I am not sure this plastic paint is available in Nigeria as I am yet to come across it locally.

But if you source for such things from outside the country, people like me would love it and it has much advantages as you would be the first workshop to be doing that.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2013
mishooo:

But if you source for such things from outside the country, people like me would love it and it has much advantages as you would be the first workshop to be doing that.

Thanx for the advise would do some research on it and take it up from there.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2013
Pastor Kun: Car resprays – a cost effective solution to a new looking car

If your car is a trusty runner and has not let you down for years but is now looking a little tired then maybe one of our car resprays is for you. Cars that are mechanically sound and well serviced are worth keeping these days as they can be handed down through the family for others to learn to drive etc. So when it drives like a dream but looks tatty its time to get a car respray and get it looking good again. A good quality car respray can transform the look and feel of any car and the car respray cost doesn't have to break the bank. Do beware though, very cheap car resprays don't last, the gloss will drop over time and you will be left with a semi matte car.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 6:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
Re spray and Oven bake your car to look brand new today, visit www.pristineautosng.com or call 08027338500 for more info.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2013
CAR CARE TIPS
Fix the washer fluid tank

Cracked washer-deicer fluid tanks are fairly common once a car is of a certain age. A good remedy — until you can buy a new tank or find one at the junkyard — is to insert a plastic freezer bag into the tank and fill it with the washer fluid.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2013
CAR CARE TIPS

Don’t try to carry too much
Never exceed your car’s roof load specifications or weight limits.You can find them in your vehicle owner’s manual. Check the weight limitation of your roof rack as well. Typically the range is from 150 to 200 pounds (68 to 90 kg). That’s the equivalent of eighteen 8-foot 2 x 4s (2.4-meter 38 x 89s) or three sheets of 3/4-inch (17-mm) plywood. If you have to deliver a heavy load from the home or garden center, consider having it delivered. It will save wear and tear on you as well as your car.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2013
CAR CARE TIPS

Wax to protect your car’s paint job

No way around it! Waxing your car is work. But it’s satisfying work that will help keep your car looking new. Car wax preserves paint by slowing oxidation and forming a barrier against bird droppings, sap, and pollution. Plus driving a nice shiny car is just plain fun.

Here’s what to do to ensure the maximum in protection:

Liquid and spray waxes are tempting to use — they make the car shiny with less work than rubbing in paste wax. But there’s still no beating paste wax for the hardest, longest-lasting finish. Look for paste with a high carnauba wax content.
Apply a thin, even coat of wax to the car’s surfaces with a damp sponge. Avoid applying too much, or it will be difficult to remove and some residue will inevitably mar your finish.
To avoid fine scratches, use a clean, soft cotton or microfiber cloth to remove wax once it has dried.
Apply an extra coat of wax to the nose and hood. The wax film in these areas wears away quickly.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2013
CAR CARE TIPS

Don’t let tools mar your car’s finish

If you plan to service and make repairs to your car, invest in a fender cover. It drapes over your fender, providing a safe place to rest your tools without causing scratches. It will also prevent your belt buckle from marring your paint as you lean into the engine compartment to work.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 8:08am On Apr 06, 2013
CAR CARE TIPS

Maintain proper inflation

Under-inflated tires are a tire salesman’s best friend. They create excessive heat and stress that can lead to tire failure. If you want to get every last mile out of your tires, get yourself a tire pressure gauge and use it at least once a month (more in hot weather) to keep your tires inflated to the recommendation in the vehicle’s owner’s manual. Check tires when they are cold (driven for less than one mile) for an accurate reading.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 11:44am On Apr 08, 2013
Pastor Kun: Contact us today and let's get your car looking brand new again; call 08027338500 or visit our website via www.pristineautomobiles.com.ng
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2013
Let's your car that brand new look and feel; call 08027338500 now.
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
Pastor Kun: For those who are interested in re-spraying and baking their vehicles to achieve that premium quality factory grade finish, I would like to introduce our company; Pristine Automobile Body Shop to you. You can call me on 08027338500 or email deluxefinishings@hotmail.com . Below is a picture of our ultra modern spraybooth/ oven
Our webiste is www.pristineautosng.com You can also join us on our facebook via the following http://www.facebook.com/#!/Pristinepaintjobs. We look forward to hearing from you. smiley
Re: Respray / repaint And Oven Bake your Vehicles to look brand new[with pictures] by PastorKun(m): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
Premium quality factory grade finish. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (71) (Reply)

Cars Under $1000! / I Bought A Car With Auctionexport! / The Difference Between Toyota Camry Se, Ce, Le And Xle Editions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.