Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 (6979 Views)

My New ACURA MDX 2002 Engine Light indicator Is Flashing / Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D / Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by dagboss(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
I am saving to buy an Acura MDX SUV between 2002-2004 preferably a three row type. As for the price, most of the adverts i have come across on this segment and enquiries i have made from dealers in Lagos here and Ibadan place the possible cost at N2.1m--. But the areas where i need experts opinions are: reliability, is the MDX naturally problematic are the parts readily available, are they costly, can it use Honda parts because i heard it is a Honda product and above all can any Japanese specialized auto mechanic handle it? Please buddies like Sienna, Phemmy et al this is where i need your input i have been following your technical advice over time i know you will assist, thanks. By 2nd week of October i should be ready to hit the market
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by adverse: 3:16am On Sep 28, 2011
All Acura MDX from 2002-2004 as u said, are 3-rows, with d 3rd rows being a little smaller . . . but not noticeable anyways.

2.1 for a pre-order or registered pre-ordered, is okay, registered? then, way 2 pricey.

Durability, is d bomb, am telling u from firsthand experience . . . from a 2002 Mdx, over 120k mileage, still drives silently and like brand new over a year after

purchase, registered, no issues till date.

if you ask me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go for it without blinking . . .

hoping to get an RDX soon
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by omotoda(m): 5:24am On Sep 28, 2011
Acura MDX is ok but you need to be careful wen making your pick.It usually has transmission issues.A friend of mine just got one a month ago.Two days after it was delivered to him, while driving he observed it automatically engages the 4 wheel drive.

The gear had to be worked on at ladipo at it cost him 100k in all and the problem so far has stopped.

Asides the gear issue , its a very lovely car, and uses Honda parts.

By the way , he got his from cotonou, mileage about 90,000 miles for 1.8m.He didnt pay duty oooo grin
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by dagboss(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2011
@omotoda and adverse_! andThanks folks i still need more input and any reliable and trustworthy dealer in da house that deals in this type of model should be on the starting blocks now as i said earlier, by 2nd week of October i will Insha Allah cheesy cheesy grin be ready for a good deal. So lets have the contributiions coming please.
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by viperman: 8:12am On Sep 28, 2011
My favorite Asian car brand is the Acura brand. When it comes to car luxury and design beauty- its ACURA.
The MDX is a very excellent SUV to ride in. Smart on movements, good fuel economy, great dashboard display and buttons to play with.
Its a very interesting car to be in just like its family members - the RL and TL.

If you have the money, go for it.

NOTE: Make sure when your technician is servicing the car YOU buy the right transmission oil for it. once you do that, your transmission will live longer than myth-ed outside. wink

www.viperautos.com

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by dagboss(m): 8:19am On Sep 28, 2011
@viperman
Thanks for your contribution i sure appreciate wink
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by Fhemmmy: 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
omotoda:

Acura MDX is ok but you need to be careful wen making your pick.It usually has transmission issues.A friend of mine just got one a month ago.Two days after it was delivered to him, while driving he observed it automatically engages the 4 wheel drive.

The gear had to be worked on at ladipo at it cost him 100k in all and the problem so far has stopped.

By the way , he got his from cotonou, mileage about 90,000 miles for 1.8m.He didnt pay duty oooo grin

I will like you to ask your friend some question, did he really buy something that is reliable or made some shortcuts all in the name of saving money . . . People always want the best but dont wanna pay the value for the money, so there are MDX and there are mdx . . .like you said though that one has to be careful when doing the purchase that is very true.
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2011
Acura MDX is one of the finest, rugged machines that ever made,
Very reliable.
Great on Gas
Parts are readily available, cos it is Honda Product, however, i will not advice that you use Honda parts to fix, there are Acura parts all over the place and if you cant find any in Nigeria, talk to people to help u get it out of the nation.
The ride is so nice and loaded that you cant go wrong.

However, you will need to take care of the ride, and service it at the right time, make sure you pamper her and make her feel good and you will surely enjoy every buck that you pay on it.

And Yes, we could put you in a Nice and reliable 2002 at a cost of 2.1M Naira or thereabout . . . . .
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by Fhemmmy: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2011
Mileage: 140,459
Body Style: SUV
Exterior Color: Starlight Silver Met,
Interior Color: Ebony
Fuel: Gasoline
Engine: 3.5L V6
Transmission: AUTO 5SPD
Drivetrain: 4X4
Doors: 4
Wheelbase: 106"

Features: -- Installed Features: Front Air Conditioning, Front Air Conditioning: Automatic Climate Control, Rear Air Conditioning: Automatic Climate Control, Shift Knob Trim: Leather, Steering Wheel Trim: Leather, Center Console, Keyless Entry, Overhead Console, Power Steering, Steering Wheel Mounted Controls: Audio, Steering Wheel: Tilt-Only

Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
Universal Garage Door Opener, Abs: 4-Wheel, Locking Differential: Rear, Power, Traction Control, Cassette, Clock, In-Dash Cd: Single Disc, Premium Brand, Radio: AM/FM, Exterior Entry Lights, Front Fog Lights, Headlights: Auto On/Off

Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
17 Inch Wheels, Alloy Wheels, Front Wipers: Intermittent, Moonroof: Power, Privacy Glass, Rear Defogger, Rear Wiper, Exterior Mirrors: Heated, Exterior Mirrors: Power, Front Airbags: Dual, Inside Rearview Mirror: Electrochromic, Power Door Locks, Side Airbags: Front, Front Seat Type: Bucket, Heated: Front Seats, Passenger Seating: 7, Power Adjustments, Third Seat, Type: Split-Bench, Upholstery: Leather, 3rd Row Seating

Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by dagboss(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2011
Thanks Fhemmy for your usual trusted and reliable advice on this section. Man, this one you are showcasing is the bomb! Is it in Naija already or is it the pre-order stuff and what is the modality and last price that will give me something like this? Even though when we get talking i will want to request that if i can get something like ox-blood colour or any other colour other than the silver but in case its not possible i will go for this. You can answer my questions by hitting me on my e-mail goguntuase@yahoo.comĀ  or later you give me your phone no for better connection wink
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by Fhemmmy: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2011
You have mail, Sir . . . Will showcase later some other colors, Stay Blessed
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by nwachukwu7(m): 3:30am On Oct 17, 2011
I am also interested in MDX, but I have heard that it can have some electrical issues. Is that true?
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by jahnnelly(m): 10:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
omotoda: Acura MDX is ok but you need to be careful wen making your pick.It usually has transmission issues.A friend of mine just got one a month ago.Two days after it was delivered to him, while driving he observed it automatically engages the 4 wheel drive.

@omotoda you are verry correct with the transmission issues. but please note that this problem is perculiar with the 2001 edition of the MDX. Acura had to recall most of them to work on their transmission. i would strongly suggest that you go for a 2003 0r 2004 model.
Re: I Need Advice On Acura Mdx 2002-2004 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
2011 THREAD!

(1) (Reply)

Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? / How Do You Guard Against Buying Stolen Vehicles? / Help! My Corolla Is Burning Ac Compresors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.