Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Challenging Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Challenging Nairaland (1618 Views)

This Will Be Very Challenging and Rewarding. Are You Ready? / Are You A Programmer/web-designer That Want A Challenging Job! / Tips For Your Biz At This Challenging Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
hey guys

my topic title says it all for me. i know i am a newbie but i could grow some day. The challenge i am putting on here is nt like an enemy type of challenge just a friendly challenge to seun specifically.

i just built my own forum, hey guys it's not S.M.F ooo it's more better than S.M.F on so many ways. though they are new also but they are good. i want to challenge seun to work on the G.U.I of this forum by showing mine as starter point in terms of G.U.I nothing more than that.

i mean look at twitter and facebook they are both big places but different G.U.I. so that's what i am putting up here.

So guys you can register and on the site and make it a place to visit regularly also. make it a stop by forum for you guys cos there are alot of features to xperience there.

the URL to the site: check my signature

and also make your reviews about the forum.

thanks
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2011
any reviewer here. where is yawa ti de
Re: Challenging Nairaland by cenmegasys: 11:51am On Sep 28, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Hmmmm, try harder,
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Mobinga: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2011
Christ. Its horrible.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by yawatide(f): 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
Sorry OP, but as I have stated on other threads, I don't do blogs or cms. Nothing against them (heck, I have done a few joomla sites). I just don't review them cos they aren't your original code.

Sorry about that.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by bouzymill(m): 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
and What tha hell is "G.U.I" or GUI. . . sounds 1991. Whatever happened to "UI". . . . .
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2011
thanks everybody. i'll still keep it rolling.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 29, 2011
GUI shud refer to Windows Component because it has advanced Window Repaint and Redrawing Interface on web is mostly refered to as UI or UX.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by abdullidri: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2011
this is a mess, angry angry
@poster go back to the drawing board.
GUI is not everything
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2011
That website is an eye sore. Challlenge yourself before thinking of challenging Nairaland. At least Nairaland has kept it simple over the years.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2011
what the meaning of that site? and you havent gotten your priorities right, you've infused adsense. aba!
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2011
This was all i needed. so u guys should kip the comment rolling in. Only one or two people made a review about the forum. the rest of you guys were just pouring out bad comments,though the comments make knw my mistakes but i believe you guys only saw the homepage and logged off the site.

and thanks for the correction on G.U.I. I appreciate so much.

Ps:don't judge a book by it's cover. i am still challenging myself and for me to know my weaknesses i need to challenge myself with the best.(nairaland)

so guys thanks for the comments.

plz i am not a hater of NL. I just want to be a competition.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2011
Any more reviews?
Re: Challenging Nairaland by digi101(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2011
@poster

i must agree you have your priorities totally wrong.

Its one thing to be able to put together a website(open source or code) its another thing to make it run as a recognized brand. Because one can put together a website does not guarantee you can make the website a visible brand (that's a different set of skills entirely!).

Besides before taking on a competitor that has reached critical mass in your selected market (and mind you this particular competitor you have chosen to take head on is a near monopoly  grin!) you should do your homework, and preferably underground and unnoticed.

If you succeed you really wont need to scream for attention ; your competitor will instantly take notice of you.

Just my two cents
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2011
digi101:

@poster

i must agree you have your priorities totally wrong.

Its one thing to be able to put together a website(open source or code) its another thing to make it run as a recognized brand. Because one can put together a website does not guarantee you can make the website a visible brand (that's a different set of skills entirely!).

Besides before taking on a competitor that has reached critical mass in your selected market (and mind you this particular competitor you have chosen to take head on is a near monopoly  grin!) you should do your homework, and preferably underground and unnoticed.

If you succeed you really wont need to scream for attention ; your competitor will instantly take notice of you.

Just my two cents

and i'll make sure adhere to it. thanks so much man.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
Ehmmm apart from CoderNigeria.net and Naira-nation written there i see no difference cuz am a member of CoderNigeria, basically the same script all these non-programmers get me vexed when they don't plan and just click install and start shouting Nairaland-Killer
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 12:39am On Oct 01, 2011
pc guru:

Ehmmm apart from CoderNigeria.net and Naira-nation written there i see no difference cuz am a member of CoderNigeria, basically the same script all these non-programmers get me vexed when they don't plan and just click install and start shouting Nairaland-Killer

ok
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2011
but left to me i think u can create a better nairaland forum if that passion exists. First a simple interface and a forum that is more elaborate u can use SMF since its the norm, then try to look for something that will attract people maybe like Chatting,Group Chat, or even with Flash Media Server if u can a VPS or a Good Dedicated Hosting, u can have Video Chatting and stuff, then make it send/get info from social networks.then have a ranking system like PS3 network the more chats u have the more features u can have that way it would be like a point stuff, people love achievements and that will make it look like a game to some people. everything just boils down to planning Big, no one will take this serious because i can as well download it and start mine too.anything done is worth doing well. take care and all the best
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2011
pc guru:

but left to me i think u can create a better nairaland forum if that passion exists. First a simple interface and a forum that is more elaborate u can use SMF since its the norm, then try to look for something that will attract people maybe like Chatting,Group Chat, or even with Flash Media Server if u can a VPS or a Good Dedicated Hosting, u can have Video Chatting and stuff, then make it send/get info from social networks.then have a ranking system like PS3 network the more chats u have the more features u can have that way it would be like a point stuff, people love achievements and that will make it look like a game to some people. everything just boils down to planning Big, no one will take this serious because i can as well download it and start mine too.anything done is worth doing well. take care and all the best

Guy thanks so much for the tips. But come to think of it. if i use SMF what difference does it make? it makes no difference. That was why i used that forum software it is some how new in the WWW. until you use the forum, you won't know how sleeky convenient and interesting the forum is. i just need some people to testify to this but for the mean time you guys are doubting i'll keep updating the forum with more stuffs. one thinf i followed when creating NAIRATION was simplicity cos i know Nigerians dnt like things the hard way. Guy i really thank you so much for the advise and ideas. for the vps i think i'll start thinking about that. thanks so much,

Still need more reviews,condemns and critics. thank you
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 01, 2011
No problem this forum stuff does it have a Developer Section/API if its new it means people will be using it and thus meaning more jobs on creating extension for me. grin
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2011
which are you talking about; my forum(NAIRATION) or the main forum software.?
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2011
Vanilla, with the API you can create plugins like the Social Plugin u have on ur forum,its what bridges your method with its own Codes.
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 10:41am On Oct 01, 2011
with nairaland?
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2011
Nope , the Forum Software you installed is Vanilla, i thought u knew ? are you a Developer ?
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 11:00am On Oct 01, 2011
lolz, i know its vanilla. haba!! yeah but not well acquainted still learning doe. for the API stuffs the ones that are there i think are already okay or you have some other plugins you think i should add
Re: Challenging Nairaland by dhtml1(m): 11:20am On Oct 01, 2011
Caramba! Vanilla ice-cream for a foro?
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2011
dhtml .:

Caramba! Vanilla ice-cream for a foro?

don't undastand what you mean
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 01, 2011
lol don't mind dhtml he speaks Spanish but he's a very very very very very good Developer,
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2011
yeah, lolz,,.,he's always busy,

@pcguru are u a developer
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2011
Web Developer yes. why?
Re: Challenging Nairaland by mashnino(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2011
okays, plz can i get your e-mail add. wanna discuss a little stuff with you
Re: Challenging Nairaland by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Detect If A Browser Has Flash Player Installed And Enabled / How Konga And Jumia Were Built / Bloggers, Let's Follow Each Other, Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.