Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? (9600 Views)

Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado / Products You Really Regret Buying. / Girls Do You Shave Your Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by achukwunet(f): 3:46am On Sep 28, 2011
I believe in natural beauty. So when I see celebrities with boat loads of makeup it disappoints me.
I just want your opinion.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by AmakaG29(f): 12:09am On Oct 15, 2011
No, I don't need it, but I like it. It's fun to experiment with different looks, especially for special occasions.

It's really not healthy for your skin to wear it everyday and in large quantities. Let your beauty glow with a clean face, moisturizer, and well shaped brows.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by lepasharon(f): 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2011
I mainly use make up for my eyebrows to make em darker
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by iice(f): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2011
I like it. Not that i wear it (Just sooo lazy grin), but when done right, i like seeing it on people's faces.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by emofine(f): 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
I don't wear make up but not because I'm trying to campaign for natural beauty just that I can't be bothered, I feel I'll be late to places than I'm already am with that self-inflicted task.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by uzoo: 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2011
i like it on other ladies when its nicely done.

i have loads of make up stuff.but i only use a mascara,and a lip gloss.(to prevent dry,chapped lips)any thing else will make me look like a masquarade

some days i don't even bother with make up and i still look ok.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by ElmA1(f): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2011
Make up is cool,if it is worn right. I dont wear heavy makeup. My mascarra, lipgloss, and lightweight powder is all i apply.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by achukwunet(f): 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2011
uzoo:

i have loads of make up stuff.but i only use a mascara,and a lip gloss.(to prevent dry,chapped lips)any thing else will make me look like a masquarade

Lip gloss doesn't moisturize lips, it makes lips dryer, if anything
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by uzoo: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
@achukwunet

hmm. . .& i actually said "moisturize" in my reply?
anyway may be for you,all i know is that i dont get any of those dead layers peeling off my lower lip when i constantly apply a lip gloss/balm.
thats what i meant by dry,chapped lips.who ever said anything about moisturizing your lips. . . undecided
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by gredens: 6:49am On Oct 28, 2011
i think it is need it for woman, when you take part in party or celebrity, you need to make up youself. it will make you charm and respect in your place.
no one want to see a girl who donot know how to make up. i think sometime it is very important.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by williamsj1: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2011
Do you agree long eyelash play an important role for beauty?

Here are some tips for long eyelash,

A better long term solution to grow eyelashes longer is to consider using an eyelashes conditioner or growth enhancer. These types of products are designed solely to promote and accelerate eyelash growth naturally. Clinical trials have reported a noticeable difference in as little as two weeks but to get the full benefits you should use for the recommended six weeks. The majority of these eyelash conditioners contain natural ingredients that won’t irritate or harm your eyes. You apply a thin coat of the conditioner to your upper eyelid once a day much in the same way as you apply liquid eyeliner.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Igosun: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
If it's lightly applied you would love it.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
I hate makeup. Doesn't matter how light it is, it's gross to me. I can always feel it. It makes me stress because I start wondering if I've smudged something, if it needs reapplying, etc. Terrible. Not for me.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by lovejohn: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
To be sincere ladies believes if they dont make up they are no yet beautiful meanwhile most of them do look like chimpanzee or rugged buns whenever they are through with their so called pan-cake and all those kinds of yellow,red, blue and wine colours paints on their faces and nails instead of adding a very slight light powder to their face to bring out their natural beauty instead of looking like lion and aggressive monkey. Me I dont believe in make-ups o tongue shocked grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by maik: 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
Some women make up even when their hobby is against it.I think natural beauty is ok especially for married women.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
I only wear makeup when going to the club or some party. I'm into hot red lips and smokey eyes. it's got to be one or the other and not the two at the same time. I don't even understand how some people can put on makeup everyday. It drives me berserk.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by dabrake(m): 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
I encourage ma gul 2 use it if it wil cause men jaws 2 drop. I always feel proud weneva im taking a walk wyt ha cuz i knw many guyz mst turn face. So in ma little way, i giv ha 'make up maintenance money' cuz indirectly, it boost ma already ovabloated ego
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by gascoign1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
surprisingly all the ladies of NL dont like make up,sound really strange cos there is hardly a Naija gurl without heavy makeup like ''lady gaga'' and the most annoying part is the so called attachments and wigs and weavon, cant u gurls jus carry your natural hair and face?? must you gurls lie about everything? from Head to toes are all lies, even bosom self na lie, Na wa o
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by PeeBee: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
It just is'nt appropriate for me to go out without my powder and lipgloss (i can do without the others), except i'm around the house or its late.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by kabukabu50(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
No guy wants a woman who looks different in the morning when she wakes up in your bed,than when she is at work or any other social function.Too much makeup is a major fail. cool
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by BigMeat2: 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
make up is good as long it is done approriately and not to scare off people.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by arsenefc: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2011
I use it sometimes, IN MY ARSE!
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
It increases their stock price in their mind.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by anishe(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
what does it profit a girl/lady/woman to apply make up and fix brazillian hair and still look like a monkey grin grin grin
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
uzoo:

reading what you wrote, one can easily see you as a liar, what then do you do with the loads of make up stuffs you have? to design your bed or are they laurels? you use only mascara and lip gloss but you have loads of others to do what exactly? liar and ugly thing angry grin
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by NEGZY(f): 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2011
Checking out my pics,u'd knw i dnt rily nid it. Bt i do it once in a yl for a diff luk
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2011
PeeBee:

It just is'nt appropriate for me to go out without my powder and lipgloss[b] (i can do without the others), except i'm around the house or its late.[/b]

But what are you hiding? are you that ugly or too many skin diseases that you don't want the public seeing? lipsrsealed
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by KacHemNaU(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
I tire oooo
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by chinnyonwu(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
ϒϵάΗ loads of it!
It helps with ŧнε masquerade look.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by onyebaba(m): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
A gal i was bleepin a while back, i always told ha she has value jst d way she is. 1 day i watched ha slowly took off d make up n i wondered y she ever put it on. I prefer gals witout make up n stil luk smashinly pretty.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Orikinla(m): 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
Most of them do to improve their looks and boost their self-esteem.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by seedord247(m): 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
No . . they need Surgery. smiley wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warning To The Ladies - Engine Oil Is Very Corrosive On Your Hair! / (pics) : Tonto Dikeh Pees On Herself. / Queenzhair Shop In Port Harcourt For 100% Raw Vietnam Hairs @ Wholesale Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.