Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban (1374 Views)

Nigerian Students Abroad Protest The Ban On The Use Of Naira ATM Cards. / I Need Advice Concerning My Visa Issue / I Need A Serious Advice Concerning Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by baby4u2(f): 4:09am On Sep 28, 2011
Hello Guys,
                 I need serious advice. I dont know what to do for my friend and I am an amateur with the U.S. embassy. My friend overstayed in the U.S. and finally got an admission into school, but the school required that she get her papers straight. I mean she had valid reasons for overstaying, but she really has gone through a lot. In attempts to go and settle her papers, she was not adviced well and went back to her country to apply for a student visa. After, she was asked to come back twice, they finally rejected her visa application and not only that, but also put her on a ban. My heart is breaking for her right now whenever she cries cause I know what she has gone through. Does anyone know what process she/we can take to overturn the ban?

Please I sincerely need honest advice or directions if you know someone who could help.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 28, 2011
may i ask: what was the "supposedly" genuine reason for her to overstay?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by baby4u2(f): 4:41am On Sep 28, 2011
Oga oh, she was hit by a driver and she had to wait for the proceedings. Then she was fired from her job and had to re-apply for H1-B visa.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 28, 2011
baby4u2:

Oga oh, she was hit by a driver and she had to wait for the proceedings.

that's is NOT a genuine reason to overstay (unless she was bed ridden in hospital due to the accident.
at best, she could have used the services of a lawyer to fight her case while back home.

Then she was fired from her job and had to re-apply for H1-B visa.

why didnt she simply apply for a change of status to a visitor's visa in the mean time, and re-apply for a H1-B when/if she found a new employer?

again that is NOT a genuine reason to overstay. i am sure you can understand that her reasons are flimsy and they were right to ban her for breaking the immigration law.

there is something called a WAIVER OF INADMISSIBILITY for people who have been banned but wish to go back to the US. she should try to apply for the waiver (depending on how long she overstayed). good luck
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by baby4u2(f): 6:17am On Sep 28, 2011
Thank you so much. I know the excuses where not concrete, left to me I would have told her not to try stepping out, but she was ill adviced and We were just hoping and praying that by some stroke of luck it they will ignore the fact. Mr Brown, i will look into what you just said and hope that God will help her. Thank you again.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by Gladmama(f): 8:10am On Sep 28, 2011
Baby4u2, I will strongly advice that she gets her school in the US to write her a letter, a US ban is a serious thing these days because Nigeria is on the list of terrorist Countries. They scrutinise seriously now and look for every way to reject. So the only hope is to prove to them that she has got a genuine admission from their own school and also show them that she has the fund ready to pay for the school fees. All the best.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by baby4u2(f): 2:53am On Sep 29, 2011
Gladmama, she is carribean not Nigerian. Then again, the school gives you an I-20 which is registered with immigration, so they can already confirm her admission. It is no joke at all, when I heard that ban I couldnt even believe it. But we are trying our best, but her tears got me yesterday and I'm like I have to atleast reach out to others on this World Wide Web, despite the legal people we are trying to seek so that I can atleast get some advice.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice Concerning U.S. Ban by Gladmama(f): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2011
Okay, Let her appeal and get the school to give her a letter or if she has already got an admission letter she should inform the school if she has paid they should be able to help her with the appeal. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

A Lawyer From The Italian Embassy Came For Verification At My Residence / Can You Renew A Nigerian Passport in the UK that is still valid For 7 Months / Marital Status Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.