Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,704 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy (3087 Views)

Getting An Appointment Date At The Indian Embassy(nigeria) / How To Book Appointment In Germany Embassy In Nigeria / I Need An Appointment At The Italian Embassy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by ojdollars(m): 6:34am On Sep 28, 2011
Good day my fellow Nairalander's. I would like to inquire from anyone here with useful information, if it's possible for one to get a US Appointment date this year, as someone told me they have already been taken. I would be glad if anyone with useful information can post in here. Thank you very much in anticipation.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by halfcurrent(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2011
You are not likely to get appointment this year. I visited the site last month to book appointment, the only available time was from Feb. 2012. I had no option but to take it.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by imperiouxx(m): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2011
If it's student visa, dates are still available. Even if all odds, you wait for  almost a month and half before resumption then ask for expedited date. It would be granted.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by ojdollars(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2011
halfcurrent:

You are not likely to get appointment this year. I visited the site last month to book appointment, the only available time was from Feb. 2012. I had no option but to take it.

@halfcurrent --- Thank you very much for the nice piece of information. Men, February is far ooh. And it's too early for the year shall. I would just book the appt against then shall if that be the case. Thank you so much once again.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by ojdollars(m): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2011
imperiouxx:

If it's student visa, dates are still available. Even if all odds, you wait for  almost a month and half before resumption then ask for expedited date. It would be granted.

@imperiouxx , Thanks, but is not a Student Visa, is a B1/B2 Category.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by damola1: 11:06am On Sep 28, 2011
You can get an appointment. I got october next month just 2 weeks ago,  All you need to do is work & pray for it,  are you ready to refresh the page every hour, ? and it's for a B1 visa
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by damola1: 11:09am On Sep 28, 2011
Click here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-743853.99999.html#bot special thanks to the founder of that thread,
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by ojdollars(m): 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2011
@damola1 , Bros, thank you ooh. I am grateful, I would do as the thread instruct. I forgot that there was a thread like that, else there wouldn't have been need for new one. Thanks very much
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by pendo89(f): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
Keep checking their website ALL the time. What happens is that those booked dates keep changing and you could be lucky to find an opening.
When that happens book very first and get your confirmation before somebody else grabs the chance. grin
I have been lucky a couple of times even when there have been deadlines.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by ojdollars(m): 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
pendo89:

Keep checking their website ALL the time. What happens is that those booked dates keep changing and you could be lucky to find an opening.
When that happens book very first and get your confirmation before somebody else grabs the chance. grin
I have been lucky a couple of times even when there have been deadlines.

@pendo89 , Thank you ma. I would do just as everyone has advice and I hope to be lucky to find an earlier date before this weekend. Thank you so much all the same.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by damola1: 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2011
Let me tell you my brother, I was frustrated at first oh,  I had to sit someone on the system, 'catching' wasn't easy like we called it,  at all,  after a few days sef, I got tired,  but we noticed a new date came on board every hour,  But then I also commissioned my brother, and was even about to commission someone from yankee to sit on it for me cos one of my friend told me server was in yankee and if I was going to get the date fastest, I have to try from there,  then my bro just called me one night that he got it!!!, my bro dey ikeja with me oh, ,  this was less than 10 days of trying,  I was extremely elated,  this was after boys had told me to go and bring abt 50k,  the morale is that you have got to be pretty patient oh,  even my brother told me, the system threatened him that this was his last chance to book, then he still went ahead,  so, you've got to be consistently persistent,
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by slim147(m): 12:57am On Sep 29, 2011
@OJdollars, add my pin 31422160 or send me an email : mightypascal@yahoo.com or call me 08032960222. Thanks
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by pendo89(f): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2011
ok no I get it.It will be bad depending on the number of applicants.
I am in a different nation so it was quite easy because in a day there were several openings even though I was very specific.
Get a friend if you do not have access all the time.
But why cant people just be generous? Must you pay a friend to check for you yet it takes 2 sec?
gd luck nway
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by Feichi(m): 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
Hello Guys,
I wanna ask a question before i apply for a visa appointment, Does anyone here has an information for the documents to be presented at the US Embassy for non-immigrant visa, I also want to know if bank statement applies, Hearing from u guys, One Love!!!!
SHALOM!!!!!!
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by neweltrave: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
it is possible to get you a date for october, usually i dont do this, but because of the huge demand from nairalander, we spend a lot time online trying to book appointment for our clients, that is what we do, pls call neweltravel consult on 08082841172 or 08062706723, you can also reach me via email on josephogarodaji@yahoo.com or kelvinjoseph4done@yahoo.com
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by pendo89(f): 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2011
Feichi:

Hello Guys,
I wanna ask a question before i apply for a visa appointment,  Does anyone here has an information for the documents to be presented at the US Embassy for non-immigrant visa,  I also want to know if bank statement applies,  Hearing from u guys,  One Love!!!!
SHALOM!!!!!!

Dude be wise and get all info u need from the website.
usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html. They have all the info you need there and you are safer doing it urself.
1.Valid pp.check validity!
2.Completed form DS-160 online.
3.pp photo 2'' x 2''plus one to upload online.strict guidelines to adhere to otherwise its rejected.
4.Confirmation of payment of non refundable application fee. Check ur embassy approved banks.
5.And yes bank statements are a must.

But I will let you in on one secret. How you present and answer questions thrown at you is very key. I have seen people stammer/lie and lose a good chance.
Be very honest.DO NOT LIE while filling the online form.When you are going for interview they already have your full info in their database after they have dug out everything about you from birth till now,so they will play around with your mind.Pyschological at times.
I advised a fellow workmate of mine on how to go about answering questions and she got it yet she had tried unsuccesfully before.Honesty/confidence pays.

good luck
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by Feichi(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2011
pendo89:

Dude be wise and get all info u need from the website.
usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html. They have all the info you need there and you are safer doing it urself.
1.Valid pp.check validity!
2.Completed form DS-160 online.
3.pp photo 2'' x 2''plus one to upload online.strict guidelines to adhere to otherwise its rejected.
4.Confirmation of payment of non refundable application fee. Check your embassy approved banks.
5.And yes bank statements are a must.

But I will let you in on one secret. How you present and answer questions thrown at you is very key. I have seen people stammer/lie and lose a good chance.
Be very honest.DO NOT LIE while filling the online form.When you are going for interview they already have your full info in their database after they have dug out everything about you from birth till now,so they will play around with your mind.Pyschological at times.
I advised a fellow workmate of mine on how to go about answering questions and she got it yet she had tried unsuccesfully before.Honesty/confidence pays.

good luck

Thanks bro,
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by pendo89(f): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2011
Lady not bro
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by imperiouxx(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2011
@pendo,

Good advice but this is Nigeria, we don't have our data from birth on any system unless in some occasions and its from 18 yrs old and above. They only dig out your info based on what you input on your DS160.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by ojdollars(m): 6:29am On Oct 04, 2011
@all , Good day. There seems to be no closer date for appointment, all in Feb and March next year. Why na?
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 07, 2011
imperiouxx:

@pendo,

Good advice but this is Nigeria, we don't have our data from birth on any system unless in some occasions and its from 18 yrs old and above. They only dig out your info based on what you input on your DS160.

Very true indeed --- I never stop to wonder what makes people think that the embassy is omniscious.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by bomly(f): 5:56am On Oct 07, 2011
This date thing nah wa o, Does it mean that all dates are taken until March 2012? Has any gotten a date recently?
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by pendo89(f): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2011
imperiouxx:

@pendo,

Ok,
What I mean is,where I come from, everybody's birth record is in a database.you cannot even enrol a kid in school without a birth certificate.whatever info you enter will be verified and truth known before you go for interview.

Meaning that even if you gave birth in the forest unnoticed that must be reported to the area authorities,verified,recorded and stored in the national database and a birth cert issued.So if you enter your birth date while filling out the form it can easily be traced to the database and everything about you including where and when you were born retrieved.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by bomly(f): 10:56pm On Oct 07, 2011
im still trying to get an appointment date oh people, any help
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by pendo89(f): 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
^^
seriously how can anybody in nl help you? Only the embassy can avail a date and it will show online. nobody else can.
Keep checking the site cz thats is the stressfull part.
See my dear the dates become available and are taken up by people like you waiting to grab.Just keep trying cz some people cancel.what will you do if u used an agent who later withholds vital info from you in order to extort money?

Its you,embassy and internet. Those should be your friends.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 08, 2011
pendo89:

When you are going for interview they already have your full info in their database after they have dug out everything about you from birth till now,so they will play around with your mind.Pyschological at times.

good luck

pendo89:

Ok,
What I mean is,where I come from, everybody's birth record is in a database.you cannot even enrol a kid in school without a birth certificate.whatever info you enter will be verified and truth known before you go for interview.

Meaning that even if you gave birth in the forest unnoticed that must be reported to the area authorities,verified,recorded and stored in the national database and a birth cert issued.So if you enter your birth date while filling out the form it can easily be traced to the database and everything about you including where and when you were born retrieved.

Pendo, I am just curious,

Are you suggesting that where you come from the US embassy has access to your governemnt and police database to know everything about each visa's applicant?

Mapendo mingi ndugu. Ninasema Swahili ya Congo
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by pendo89(f): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2011
TheCongo:

Pendo, I am just curious,

Are you suggesting that where you come from the US embassy has access to your governemnt and police database to know everything about each visa's applicant?

Mapendo mingi ndugu. Ninasema Swahili ya Congo

smiley Jambo ndugu!. mimi ni dada sio ndungu.nafurahi kuona watu wanaongea swahili hapa nl. Huwa niko peke yangu.

If they suspect anything on the info you filled they will know but then you will wonder how they knew. By the way this is just an insiders info. op i dont get arrested. grin Why I believe it? Because of the nature of questions they ask 'some'applicants. Do not quote me but was told they dig out some stuff about you so when you appear for interview it's just a brush over, no wonder it takes minutes. They have gone through the lil nitty details you filled,verified ,confirmed its true and if they doubt anything they will ask you a question along that line then wait to hear your answer.
This is where most people trip and are told sorry maam/sir.you did not qualify.try next time.And you go complaining grin

Best way to qualify? be honest and show them you very much love your country and have better things to do back home than US.
Most people fail because they talk as if US is heaven to them.No show them you will be  back to invest in your country cz its the bomb.

You wanna know if that is true call the embassy.No they wont tell you anything of course.Just be honest when filling out the form
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by bomly(f): 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2011
date date date, still searching for a date.
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by quadridam(m): 1:56am On Dec 07, 2011
hey can somebody help me i need to book an appointment, pls any body on the line pls try to show cons
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by DAY12(m): 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
Bookmarks wink

Please, what dates is available now?
Re: I Need An Appointment In Us Embassy by FASTLINK1: 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
quadridam:

hey can somebody help me i need to book an appointment, pls any body on the line pls try to show cons

Hello,
Send me mail to usaappointment@yahoo.com, I can assist you on that but not without a service charge.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Travel Buddy / What Are The Differences, Duties, Responsibilities Of Pilots And Co-pilots / The Big Dubai Scam!!- Nigerians Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.