Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her (8079 Views)

I Can’t Believe My Husband Is Asking Me For This!! / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by itiswell1(m): 6:43am On Sep 28, 2011
I am a man in my late 30s, a father of two boys, I got Married five years ago and I loved my wife dearly.

We met when we were in school, I knew she would be my wife the first day I met with her, so I did not ask her to date me, rather I asked her to be my wife. She did not hesitate accepting my proposal because she told me she felt the same way about me that very first day.

All our friends envied us when we fulfilled our promise to each other by getting married. Some of our friends actually confessed that they felt the day would never come and we might not get married. But to the glory of God, our day of joy was a glorious one.

Our almost similar background might have been responsible for our determination to make things work, especially our marriage and the home we intended building together.

I am a product of a broken home. My sister and I were raised by my mother and I know what she went through. Her situation made me to promise myself to work hard so that I can take care of my immediate family and also take good care of my mother.

My wife was raised by her mother, but not because her parents were separated or divorced; her father died when she was still a baby. Although she tried to go into another relationship, which did not work so she decided to train her child alone.

Probably the need for a complete family was our drive; we tried all our best to make our home what we wanted.

Things were going as we planned until a fateful day about 18 months ago when my cousin who lives in the United Kingdom came to Nigeria and stayed with us.

On this day, my cousin travelled to our home town to see his mother. We finished dinner late and after making sure that our boys were fast asleep, we retired into our bedroom. The television set in our room was on, that was the reason why we did not hear the armed robbers until the door of our room was banged.

To say I was shocked would be putting it mildly because we were not expecting anybody at that time of the day and if my cousin was going to come back, he wouldn’t have come into the house at that hour of the night. The door was not locked, so they gained entrance into the room without hassles.

When we discovered who they were and their number, I asked my wife to lie low and decided not to struggle with them because they were fully armed with guns and other dangerous weapons.

They asked me to produce my cousin who just returned from the UK and I made them realise that he wasn’t around. To confirm my claim, two of the robbers stayed with my wife in the room, while four of them took me round the house.

When they discovered that my cousin was not at home, they relocated our children from their room to ours. They carted away all the money we had, some electronics and all our handsets. As they were about leaving, the alleged head of the gang said he wanted to have sex with my wife. I begged him, and my wife did too. When I made move to save her, the other members of the gang beat me.

He asked them to stop beating me and said my punishment would be more severe. They made me watch as he raped my wife in the presence of my kids and two other members of the gang.

The dastardly act lasted for a few minutes, but it was the worst minutes of my life.

Dear Monica, I cannot get this scene out of my mind, even up till now. Since then, I have not been able to sleep with my wife and this fact is already generating problems in my home.

After the incident which we are yet to discuss with any other person, my wife saw the doctor; she took series of tests, HIV test inclusive. She was certified negative.

But I really cannot have sex with her again. I have come to realise that this is killing her, but I just cannot. I have tried several times but I cannot hold an erection.

Please, help me. Like I stated above, I don’t want to lose my home and family. I know I need help, but I don’t know where to seek it from.

1 Like

Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by MrsChima1(f): 6:49am On Sep 28, 2011
She was raped in front of him and now he can't touch her? shocked shocked shocked

I think Van Vicker and Ini Edo should star in this movie. I would have said Mercy Johnson but she cries too much but I would have suggested Tonto Dikeh but then again she is too rowdy to play victim.
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by itiswell1(m): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2011
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Dondav(m): 8:18am On Sep 28, 2011
That man must be MAD!!!
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by dammytex: 9:35am On Sep 28, 2011
OMG, how I wish I know what to say.

This is one prayer I often pray not to happen to me.

He's being haunted by the act and the fact that he had to watch even though he knows it wasn't her fault. Its a bad situation for the family but then the man, being the head of his own home holds the obligation of putting things in order. If he remembers love conquers all things, he can start things afresh again.
But I can't really blame him too much, I get haunted easily by similar incidents also.

Kai, may God help him o
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by manmustwac(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2011
First off all it is not well. Secondly what you have just been through is very unfortunate but then how can you have these bad feelings towards your wife when it is not her fault? You both need councilling or to see an agony aunt. Otherwise if you both seperate you will both be back to square one which is your kids experiencing what both of you did being brought up by single parents.
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by deniyor: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2011
The entire family needs pyschiatric help
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2011
If we were in the states or europe, I would suggest group and private therapy.

As traumatizing as it might have been, you are only making it worse by doing what it is you are doing right now. It was beyond her control, the earlier you man up and re-accept your wife, the better for both of you.

Stay away from church counselling and pastors, they are as good as the robbers who raped your wife.
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Ben13: 11:03am On Sep 28, 2011
@Poster, you keep copying articles on Tribune and posting them on NL. . . That's not how this site works. You can spend some time to study the enviroment here, by going through some threads. wink
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2011
^^here comes seun!

Lol @Mrs Chima's post

@op, I dunno wat to say!
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by LongOne1(m): 11:49am On Sep 28, 2011
His wife needs him more than ever now, to comfort her. And there are prescription drugs to solve attention issues.
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
God help ur children!
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Outstrip(f): 7:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
He needs to get over himself and support his wife
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Johndoe100(m): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2011
Sometimes it is not easy to forget. He needs to make an effort though for the sake of his kids.
Re: She Was Raped Right In My Presence, Now I Can’t Touch Her by Busybody2(f): 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2011
Wifey was raped in front of the children too cry Nigeria, nation of beasts, that is how some people were more happy to hear that some lesbians were molested, raped and asaulted by cultists guys to cure them of their "lesbianism" and this was brushed under the carpet, as usual angry

(1) (Reply)

More News On The Youngest Couples In Town / Who Pays For The Mortgage? Me Alone, Or Should Wife Help? / Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.