Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? (5134 Views)

The Game Ghanaian Movie Soundtract / The Most Hilarious Ghanaian Movie Trailers Ever (still Think Nollywood Sucks?) / New Ghanaian Movie (Heart Of Men) Is Been Banned In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by ntiamoah: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2007
IS GHANAIAN MOVIE INDUSTRY IMPROVING OR HOW DO U SEE IT
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by ckz: 11:45am On Sep 25, 2007
I think it is improving at the moment we have some great film actors like van vicker, Nadia buari and many more
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by kess101: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2007
Nollywood is not watching out for anything, all the time Van and Nadia,no other actors or actresses,please more names.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by londoner: 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2007
I'm sorry, but Ghanaian actors lack depth IMO. The likes of Nadia, Vick etc can not compare with the depth of acting ability with people like Stella Damasus, Kate Hensahaw, Dakore Egbuson, Nkiru Sylvanus.

I find the vast majority of Ghanaian films that I have watched stick to rosey story lines, which don't leave the actors with enough room to really be challanged. I also find them far to westernised, hardly showing Ghanaian traditional culture.

I find them very boring. Nollywood has nothing to worry about, accept challenges within the Nigerian movie industry. There is nothing great about Vicker or Buari although they are competant actors, if not for their looks noone would be trying to say they are sooooo great.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by ckz: 6:24pm On Mar 06, 2008
oow oke i agree with you ba never ghana's movies industrie ios strting to get somewhere. nd what do you me have enough traditional movies ba i guess you dont watch them. Ba anywhay you cant compare nigirin movies with ghanian movies because you are faar before us ba when it comes to music we too do better.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by coopedro(m): 9:18am On Mar 07, 2008
ckz:

oow oke i agree with you ba never ghana's movies industrie ios strting to get somewhere. nd what do you me have enough traditional movies ba i guess you don't watch them. Ba anywhay you can't compare nigirin movies with ghanian movies because you are faar before us ba when it comes to music we too do better.

Express urself in a clearer way.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by hayo(m): 9:24am On Mar 07, 2008
ckz:

oow oke i agree with you ba never ghana's movies industrie ios strting to get somewhere. nd what do you me have enough traditional movies ba i guess you don't watch them. Ba anywhay you can't compare nigirin movies with ghanian movies because you are faar before us ba when it comes to music we too do better.

How can u make such a slanderous statement? Comparing Naija music to Ghana. Abeg no try me o.
Have u heard about the first MTV African Music winner - Tuface, what about the MTV award for D'Banj? Do you happen to know a wonderful young woman named Asa? What about P-Square? In the older generations, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obe held their own.
Please withdraw you statement or is it JJC and 419 squad you are feeling so much? Enough questions.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by yemmight(m): 11:37am On Mar 07, 2008
The guy miss road.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by jookco(m): 11:41am On Mar 07, 2008
Who bring Ghana man here, Etisei Eye my brother or sister from Ghana, but I w<ant to tell you something, though Nigeria is currupt in everything, but Ghana should compare their self with Togo or Ivorycost and never Nigeria because we too far ahead od u, even as you discover oil in Ghana yet it can't be like Nigeria, talk of music, do you know Rugged Man, or don't you know Face, are you comparing this people with Raskobi or who in Ghana , please go to wkipedia and see the list of Nigerian actors and their profile, I beg don't try this again
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by seyyk: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2008
i can imagine the rate their growing ,well they are improving. CKE you are not serious is't that you can see any thing in naija music.PEOPLE OUTSIDE NAIJA FILL'S NAIJA'S MUSIC SO WHAT YOUR OWN.BE CAREFUL
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by dee02(m): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2008
And who cares?!
nollywood and gollywood(or ghana-wood) are all a pile of gabbage!
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by ckz: 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
oke you right aba 2face ba come on lets be ernest most artist like 2 face and most nigirian artists love using western beats
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by showbobo(m): 3:40pm On Mar 07, 2008
ckz:

oke you right aba 2face ba come on lets be ernest most artist like 2 face and most nigirian artists love using western beats
meaning
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by candylips(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2008
dee02:

And who cares?!
nollywood and gollywood(or ghana-wood) are all a pile of gabbage!

grin
grin
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by cicero(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2008
I saw a movie once titled 'who killed nancy' and I think it's from Ghana, has anyone seen it?
I'd like to know.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by choco4life(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2008
cicero:

I saw a movie once titled 'who killed nancy' and I think it's from Ghana, has anyone seen it?
I'd like to know.
Mad title sure would be a creepy storyline.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by dominique(f): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2008
Dont mind him jo, how many ghanian artist has attained international success like our 2face, dbanj mode9 psquare and so on, bad bellé no go kill you.
@topic
i think ghaninan movies are just one step down the ladder from nollywood movies, lacks plot, tact, originality and most importantly sense. Using names beyocé, ciara and tyra in movies, how dumb is that. Just one sloppy love story after another, van and nadia are just like diego and paloma, they always hook up in the end, boooring.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by powerofmap(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2008
@poster how old is Ghanawood?   grin hahaha I laugh in french, After Van, Nadia, Appiah call another name wey make you dey rush dey talk  about improvement?
Nollywood wack movie na em be Ghana good movie, Nuff Said am out
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by Rapunzel(f): 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2008
Nollywood, Gollywood or Ghanawood, (whatever), are all BLOODY CRAP !!!
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by powerofmap(m): 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Rapunzel Sorry to ask ooooooh shey you don produce movie before because you said all na crap? try and see maybe you can make a difference not just saying all movies 're crap okay, Nuff Said out
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by dominique(f): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2008
Powerofmap,
so we have to be movie producers before dissing or praising a movie uh? I dont believe you've see the beyonce movie staring van and nadia, 'cos if you have, u'll know that gollywood movies are so full of crap.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by Bukkenzo(f): 9:37am On Mar 11, 2008
The first time i saw one of the movies,i did enjoyed it and then there was another and another,it was almost as if its the same kinda movie becos you find the same cast on the other movies too,and its just van and Nadia,though both are goodlooking,but let them try some other people,you can imagine another of their movies called the "President's daughter" abi na 'Return of beyonce' or so,not too sure,there was like about 3-4 parts of it,why do they have to make it that long and creeping?

Well, all the same at least they keep one's company while it last,there is always room for improvement,Rome was not built in a day,Nollywood started from somewhere and they are still improving so please no condemnation OK?

But one comment here to you all, i love you guys,'nairalanders' i cant help it but laugh when i read your posts and comments,you are great!!!!
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by Tini(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2008
hey,i'm a nigerian but not a fan of nigerian movies though i love naija music but u cannot match nollywod with gollywood abi ghana wood.Though the ghana movie industry is improving.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by powerofmap(m): 12:16pm On Mar 12, 2008
@dominique don't get me wrong please, You just don't call all crap.
I ve watched it nd van n nadia combination is making their movie crippy.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by everchris(m): 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2008
Who the hell is compairing nollywood with gollywood or whatever the ghanian movie industry is called. It is no where near nollywood. Maybe u forgot that stars like genevie, dakore, oge okoye, stephany, emeka ike, desmond elliot e.t.c are in nollywood. Please wake up from ur sleep!Who the hell is Nadia and Van? they are still coming up as far as acting is concerned!
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by baby4u2(f): 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2008
ckz you are not really a ghanian cause ghanians can speak english and write it down clearly. You are trying to write down they way dey speak. Even when they say ernestly they still write honestly. stop trying to deceive us.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by BlackEbony(m): 11:53am On Mar 13, 2008
I have had the previlege of seeing movies from both sides, and I must confess they both have their different styles depicting their different cultures or way of life, but you can't take simplicity, originality and down-to-earth nature away from the Ghanaians, we on the other hand are like the 'hollywood' of Africa with our various weternised movies as if we are no longer Africans, we must learn to be ourselves in our movies and not make believe we see in our movies showing very little of our culture.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by ckz: 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2008
baby4u2 or whatever your name is why do you think i will say iam a ghanian while am not are you sick or something . Maybe you are the one pretending ba not every one is like you. And for your information am not born there so off course i wont wright English all that correct
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by dee02(m): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2008
some people baffle me on this forum, why fight or argue about this issue?!
why should we be bickering and moaning about two dysfunctional and quality-lacking movie industries? YES I SAID IT, GHANIAN AND NIGERIAN MOVIES ARE ABSOLUTELY self-service, storylines are copied, movies are repeated with the titles changed, actors and actresses lack professionalism (all claiming to study theatre arts!), no real suspense, no good ending, 100 stupid cam-corded movies released every week in both industries, inept editing, common sense never prevails and lastly, both movie industries are not breaking new grounds but instead want to be wannabees!

lets face it, both movie industries have a long way to go!
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by powerofmap(m): 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2008
dee02:

some people baffle me on this forum, why fight or argue about this issue?!
why should we be bickering and moaning about two dysfunctional and quality-lacking movie industries? YES I SAID IT, GHANIAN AND NIGERIAN MOVIES ARE ABSOLUTELY self-service, storylines are copied, movies are repeated with the titles changed, actors and actress lack professionalism (all claiming to study theatre arts!), no real suspense, no good ending, 100 stupid cam-corded movies released every week in both industries, inept editing, common sense never prevails and lastly, both movie industries are not breaking new grounds but instead want to be wannabees!

lets face it, both movie industries have a long way to go!

Wao! na so you hate nollywood movies? and remember hollywood is far far older than nollywood so we 're growing, Am out.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by trueluva(f): 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2008
I really don't know because nigerians have just been making movies. And, some of them don't know how to act at all. You guys only put nigerians and british people in your movies. I wanna know why you guys don't put Ghanians.
Re: Is The Ghanaian Movie Industry Making Any Improvement? by everchris(m): 4:00pm On Mar 14, 2008
dee02 i agree with u that arguing over this is not necessary but how dare u call nollywood a dysfunctional and quality lacking movie industry. I agree that nollywood has its fault but calling it dysfunctional and lacking quality is unfair. if i may ask u, do u know what it takes to produce a movie? Can u produce any? You shouldnt bluntly condemm other people's work, it is very bad

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Watch Nigerian Tv Channels From Anywhere Online / The New Series 'into The Badlands 'official thread / Watch Super Story - Oh Father Oh Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.