Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? (7076 Views)

Should Catholic Tradition Have Equal Or Greater Authority Than The Bible? / Should Catholic Priests Remain Celibate? / Should Catholic Priests be Allowed to Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Reverend(m): 11:48am On Mar 03, 2006
Current estimates of Roman Catholic priests in the U.S.= 49,000 to 50,000

Estimates of pedophile priests = 3,000 (6.1%) to 8,000 (16.3%)

188 Dioceses in the U.S. Divide 3,000 by 188 = 16 perpetrators per diocese
Divide 8,000 by 188 = 42 perpetrators per diocese

Current experts claim a pedophile could abuse 200-265 children in a lifetime.
200 x 16 perps/diocese = 3,200 victims/diocese
200 x 42 perps/diocese = 8,400 victims/diocese
3,200 victims/diocese x 188 dioceses = 601,600 victims in U.S.
8,400 victims/diocese x 188 dioceses = 1,579,200 victims in U.S.

Average American family consists of 4-6 people
(3,200 victims/diocese) 601,600 victims x 4 family members = 2,406,400 indirect victims
60l,000 victims x 6 family members = 3,609,600 indirect victims
(8,400 victims/diocese) 1,579,200 x 4 family members = 6,316,800 indirect victims
1,579,200 x 6 family members = 9,475,200 indirect victims

These numbers are a reflection of immediate family only and do not reflect the indirect victims within the parishes that are affected.

188 Bishops are responsible for the pain of at least 601,600 direct victims and as many as 9,475,200 indirect victims — a total of as many as 10,076,800 people. Clearly, something is wrong.

Using the lower numbers the number of direct victims and survivors alone could populate a city larger than Boston. Using the higher numbers, it would be the fourth largest city in the U.S.— one between the size of Houston and Chicago,

This problem is caused by the Catholic churches archaic attitude towards sexual and human relationships that prevent priest and nuns living a normal, natural existence. This unatural existence leads to sexual tensions and all the problems this creates.

The very same people that are preaching to us that we are sinners!

I would like to know your views on whether you think that priest and nun should be allowed to marry and have normal sexual relations?
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by barikade: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2006
What does your Bible say?
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2006
bari kade and Reverend again shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Reverend(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2006
What do you have to say Bari_Kade about these people that supposedly follow your version of the bible?

I say:-

Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God.15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. 16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Let priests and nuns live normal natural lives that God meant them to live. Maybe that would then stamp out this evil business!
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by TYPOP(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2006
They have a right to live the way they choose to and don't forget that some major inventions came from the monastry. Don't think I'm catholic. I'm penticostal.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Jackie24: 5:23am On Mar 29, 2006
People have a right, the calling to be a nun or a priest is a calling of sacrafice, do not claim to make it if you don't.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by kellorah: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2006
i dnt fink they shd besides, na who ask dem to go monastry or convent? it's d sacrifice they decided to make.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Softee(f): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2006
The fact that this forum was created my Reverend, Nobody should post in it.

@Reverend, you need prayer, i am going to pray for your deliverence.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Abeem(m): 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2006
You sound autocratic. Why are you averse to people contributing to this discussion?
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Softee(f): 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2006
Because once this man has got you wrapped around his finger, he will begin mocking christianity. Look at his previous posts and subjects, not forgetting his website [b]kinky[/b]churchofmarymagdeline.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by lordimpaq(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2006
reverend, i don't think you are a reverend,

no they should not, u know that, or have you been shaggin some sexxy nun recently cool
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by blakconjee: 5:01am On Jul 12, 2006
Hey all,

"From the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate" (Mr.10:6-9, Mt.19:4-6).

No where does God say man, even those that have the calling, to not marry. If I am wrong please correct me.

Thank you.

Does that answer the question?
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by ajia23(m): 7:58am On Jul 13, 2006
Blackonjee
where do Catholic priests and nuns get their proof of celibacy from?
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Gwaine(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2006
@ajia23,

Don't use that cheap poser as a yardstick for measuring Christianity. There are so many questionable practices in the Catholic Church that one cannot endorse as Biblical, and evangelical Christians continue to challenge them from the Bible - even on Nairaland. You should know better than to pose that rhetoric - it would just mean the same thing as asking: "Where did Muhammad get his proof of pedophilia from?" or "Where do Islamic fundamentalists and suicide bombers get their proof for committing their acts from?"
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by lordimpaq(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2006
very many questionable practices, it is so obvious it is from pagan origin,

@gwaine,

don't also use it as a yardstick to pick on ajia23
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Gwaine(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2006
@emmie4j ,

Please, don't be so miffed. I was infact trying to post a reply in that thread when it happened that he took it the political/crime arena. Perhaps he meant well and wanted the issue to be widely discussed. Let's cheer up about that and commend the admin/moderator for his foresight - we'll follow the link and make inputs as and when necessary.

@lordimpaq,

Nah-nah, I'm not picking on ajia23 - he knows only too well that he should not be asking rhetorical questions where the answers have already been provided in several other threads on Nairaland.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by ajia23(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2006
I really did not know celibacy is mot supported in the bible. Wow, that's such a relief. At least that's something practical.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Gwaine(m): 9:11am On Jul 13, 2006
Glad you can see that now. Read the Bible for yourself and you'll discover more.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by retro(f): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2006
Can't people have normal discussions without Christians having to 'pray' for them? Typical!
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Softee(f): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2006
retro:

Can't people have normal discussions without Christians having to 'pray' for them? Typical!

What harm is it doing? wink
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by retro(f): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2006
It is ridiculous.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Softee(f): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2006
retro:

It is ridiculous.

If only you knew!
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by retro(f): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2006
I know.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Softee(f): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2006
grin Christ is love grin
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by kellorah: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2006
christ is lord grin
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by retro(f): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2006
Sure, does that explain why you can't have a normal conversation/discussion without preaching?
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by diddy4(m): 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2006
what a dumb question. didnt know we have male version of paris hilton here. God fogive una.
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Softee(f): 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2006
Yep, u got it!

By the way, are you denying the fact the reverend needs prayer?
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by retro(f): 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2006
Softee:

Yep, u got it!

By the way, are you denying the fact the reverend needs prayer?

A prayer for what? For having different beliefs?

diddy4:

what a dumb question. didnt know we have male version of paris hilton here. God fogive una.

lipsrsealed
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by Softee(f): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2006
A prayer for what? For having different beliefs?

O no-no-no! reverend does not only have differen't beliefs, he also finds it funny to mock Christianity. Look at the name of his website and tell me this man does not need prayer [b]kinky[/b]churchofmarymagdeline
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by retro(f): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2006
I'm a member of the church. So what? Are you telling me that your prayers are going to get answered? Lmfao!
Re: Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships? by kellorah: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2006
omg, ppl man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues In Present Day Churches / Copy And Paste This On ALL Muslim Stories! Flood Them With The Truth!!!!! / OPINION: Do You Believe In Reincarnation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.