Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme (5933 Views)

Abia Speaker Deceived Us To Approve N30bn Loan —lawmakers / Amaechi Spent N30bn On Buhari - Wike / N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by smile4kenn(m): 2:08am On Sep 29, 2011
FG approves N30bn for new national identity scam scheme

The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved N30bn for a new national identity scheme for the country.

The amount would take care of the first phase of the scheme, known as the Integrated National Identity Management System, which is expected to gulp N30.066bn.

Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, who disclosed this at the post-FEC weekly meeting in Abuja, said the decision to embark on the fresh national registration was borne out of government’s desire to have a unified database of Nigerians who were 18 years and above.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109295373495
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Kobojunkie: 2:13am On Sep 29, 2011
WOW . . .  we mint money in this country! grin grin grin  Is this going to cost, in Total more than Jega's exercise then?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by gabng(m): 3:17am On Sep 29, 2011
what happened to the funds voted to NIMC?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by EkoIle1: 3:25am On Sep 29, 2011
This has got to be the largest scam ever? They've been budgeting and looting money over this project since the 80's with nothing to show for it.

Fleecing of Nigeria on steroids,
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by smile4kenn(m): 5:01am On Sep 29, 2011
official white collar scam
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by sartorius(m): 5:54am On Sep 29, 2011
so pathethic, what happened to the one done during obj time, simcard registration is still ongoing, heads should be rolling
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by swaggerboi2011: 6:37am On Sep 29, 2011
;d ;d
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by abusol: 6:47am On Sep 29, 2011
This Govt has no direction, This is what we use our vote to cause, I weep for this Country, Looting for tenure enlongation, N30b in new idea
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by COMPAQ(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2011
A well thoughtout and designed National ID card and identity database is long overdue. We need to harmonise user identity and records in one place for use by FRSC, FIRS, Police, Customs, INEC, NCC and the rest.

However, can someone explain why all those who have wasted our funds on similar projects in the past still walking free?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by slap1(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2011
Will it be enough?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by anishe(m): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2011
Another white elephant project. Where as more pressing needs are begging for attention. NAIJA, I HAIL THEEE
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by otokx(m): 10:33am On Sep 29, 2011
This money can go a long way in the rehabilitation of the Benin - Ore road
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by routik(m): 10:36am On Sep 29, 2011
We need to harmonise user identity and records in one place for use by FRSC, FIRS, Police, Customs, INEC, NCC and the rest.
That is how it should be my brother.

However, can someone explain why all those who have wasted our funds on similar projects in the past still walking free?

Every new administration will always find a way of doing the same thing the old administration have done instead of continuing where they stopped.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Demdem(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2011
Will someone kindly tell me what will now happen to my National ID card presently in my pocket?
When will this sort of waste end in this country? What happened to OBJ's national Identity scheme?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2011
otokx:

This money can go a long way in the rehabilitation of the Benin - Ore road
misplaced priority !
Our dummy president is not that sensible.Another shua shua for siemens.where is atiku ?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by soma042(m): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2011
i think my president is not signatory to this stupid open mony lundry act of 21 century. i trust him his not.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Demdem(m): 10:56am On Sep 29, 2011
^^^^
In ur dreams. he chaired the meeting that concluded on this.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by superior1: 10:59am On Sep 29, 2011
Oro bobo Jonathan yi ti sumi
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 29, 2011
superior1:

Oro bobo Jonathan yi ti sumi
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ko n se iwo ni kan bros infact everybody ti tired fun man yen jare.ko ni swagger rara.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by MissEZ(f): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2011
@ bluetooth, lol a "ko ni swagger rara"

well said
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Pukkah: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2011
COMPAQ:

A well thoughtout and designed National ID card and identity database is long overdue. We need to harmonise user identity and records in one place for use by FRSC, FIRS, Police, Customs, INEC, NCC and the rest.

We need that database so badly. It will go a long way to assist our crime fighters as well as restrict the influx of nationals of other countries into Nigeria.  As plausible as this is, we need to be assured that this exercise won't go the way others before it went.  This is also an opportunity to go after those who looted and scuttled previous exercises?

Besides, why register only Nigerians of 18 and above?  Why not everybody?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by superior1: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2011
Ko n se iwo ni kan bros infact everybody ti tired fun man yen jare.ko ni swagger rara.
[quote][/quote]

Honestly, Bluetooth, when i think about the guy and affairs of this country, ori ma nfo mi ni
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by soma042(m): 11:25am On Sep 29, 2011
if is true u said , thats a bad air to nigeria then
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Olaone1: 11:31am On Sep 29, 2011
I dey laugh oo
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2011
superior1:

Honestly, Bluetooth, when i think about the guy and affairs of this country, ori ma nfo mi ni

Lol
O ma je ki oro arindin yen fun ni eje riru cuz o mo pe oniranu ara e ko ko hospital ti won ma ru e lo.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by normee(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2011
Demdem:

Will someone kindly tell me what will now happen to my National ID card presently in my pocket?
When will this sort of waste end in this country? What happened to OBJ's national Identity scheme?

You have to be kidding me. what of INEC reg, SIM card reg. cant they just harmonize these things.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by mustspin: 11:57am On Sep 29, 2011
we've just started, by 2014 they will give us another reason y they have to use billions of naira for another voters registration. who knows self maybe another national census, plate number change, e.t.c .
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by bossinie: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2011
Pukkah:

We need that database so badly. It will go a long way to assist our crime fighters as well as restrict the influx of nationals of other countries into Nigeria.  As plausible as this is, we need to be assured that this exercise won't go the way others before it went.  This is also an opportunity to go after those who looted and scuttled previous exercises?

Besides, why register only Nigerians of 18 and above?  Why not everybody?

The fear is not in the reason or importance of the project,it is in the contracting and handling.All the government allies and cronies seek to do is look for avenues by which any contract can emerge,then position their stooges with any registered company to benefit from the said contract.

The FEC is best known for contract awarding each time they sit.How about the FEC sitting and taking stock of all contracts they have awarded in the last one year to ascertain if these contracts have been properly executed 
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by vinooh: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2011
COMPAQ:

man u are the only reasonable man in this forum

let those evil waster of our money be judge by God.Jonathan (our president) is honest man it wouldn't happen again.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by tunnytox(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Lol
O ma je ki oro arindin yen fun ni eje riru cuz o mo pe oniranu ara e ko ko hospital ti won ma ru e lo.

Laff wan kill me die grin grin grin you no go kill persin for this Nairaland.
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by mustspin: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
vinooh:

man u are the only reasonable man in this forum

let those evil waster of our money be judge by God.Jonathan (our president) is honest man it wouldn't happen again.

Honest man? can you prove that?
Re: FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme by vinooh: 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2011
mustspin:

Honest man? can you prove that?
atleast how he handled 2011 election,caliber of men he surrounds himself with,since elected his words and action proves him bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke / Genocide In Nigeria: Igbos Face Extinction / A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.