Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,939 members, 7,799,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country (12019 Views)

We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / My Govt’ll Crush B’haram, Bring Sponsors To Justice – Buhari / Cleric Gives List Of Boko-Haram Sponsors To David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Beaf: 5:11am On Sep 29, 2011
[size=14pt]Boko Haram: Christian extremist group, Akhwat Akwop threatens retaliation[/size]
On September 29, 2011 · In News , 
By Emeka Mamah

LAGOS—The new Christian terror group in the North, Akhwat Akwop, which was apparently formed to checkmate the activities of the extremist Muslim Boko Haram sect has asked nationals of five Islamic countries suspected to be funding the Boko Haram to leave the country.

Akhwat Akwop alleged that the Islamic republics of Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Mauritania and Sudan had been funding the terrorist activities of Boko Haram, warning that its members would attack the nationals of the five countries and their interests.

The group made its position known in a statement issued, yesterday, and made available to various media houses in Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna.

The group, which sounded a wake-up call on all Christians over the current activities of Boko Haram, said the violence being unleashed on the country was to intimidate President Goodluck Jonathan and other Nigerians to enable the Hausa/Fulani seize power in 2015.

Akhwat Akwop, however, said that political power must return to the old Eastern Region after Jonathan in 2015.

It further stated that it does not recognise any Muslim traditional ruler in any way or form in any part of the North, warning that for peace and harmony in the North in particular and Nigeria in general to be maintained, the Hausa/Fulani who settled in the various minority tribes in the North must stop oppressing their hosts in those areas.

Akhwat Akwop came into security consciousness about two months ago when it dropped leaflets in some parts of the north, including Benue, Taraba, Yobe, Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Plateau, Kogi, Nasarawa and Kaduna states, warning that it would do everything possible to liberate northern minorities from the strangle-hold of the Hausa/Fulani who, it stated, had been lording it over them and causing havoc in Nigeria in the name of Islam.

In Kaduna State, large quantities of the leaflets were left at the state chapter of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, Press Centre by unknown persons.

The leaflets, entitled Warning to Boko Haram, claimed that Akhwat Akwop stood for the Christian equivalent of Boko Haram, adding that it would be in the forefront of the struggle for the emancipation of northern minorities, whether Christians or Muslims.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-christian-extremist-group-akhwat-akwop-threatens-retaliation/
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 29, 2011
Wouldnt the sensible thing to do be a team up between Akhwat (sounds like sth in Harry Porter) and MENDs?

So after all this, will Akhwat die down or become another "boko haram" like group?
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by abiolak: 5:14am On Sep 29, 2011
Who is fooling who, all becouse of religion
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Beaf: 5:14am On Sep 29, 2011
All that is needed is some ND massives and some Massop mafia! Lol!
Lets know who owns the country. cool
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Beaf: 5:15am On Sep 29, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Wouldnt the sensible thing to do be a team up between Akhwat (sounds like sth in Harry Porter) and MENDs?

So after all this, will Akhwat die down or become another "boko haram" like group?

My sister, sit back and watch the coding in the country.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by udezue(m): 5:26am On Sep 29, 2011
Oooo weee
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by nuclearboy(m): 5:57am On Sep 29, 2011
Noise-makers! Toothless TOY-dogs!

After all the propaganda of leaflets 2 months back, what did they do to all the bombings and killings? -> wait 2 months twiddling thumbs only to come up with another series of threats

So what next now? Another announcement early next year??

Abeg
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Everfrank(m): 6:02am On Sep 29, 2011
Who is their sponsor?
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by adamabdul: 6:03am On Sep 29, 2011
Another reason why boko haram will continue growing strong
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Beaf: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2011
I quite like the way things are turning out with the Middle Belt organising to defend itself from the boko haram nonsense.

Akhwat Akwop alleged that the Islamic republics of Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Mauritania and Sudan had been funding the terrorist activities of Boko Haram, warning that its members would attack the nationals of the five countries and their interests.

What do these countries want with Nigeria? This sort of thing is the reason Nigeria need to develop a powerful army that can reach right across Africa to destroy any foe. cool
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 29, 2011
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Boko Haram: Christian extremist group, Akhwat Akwop threatens retaliation[/size]
On September 29, 2011 · In News , 
By Emeka Mamah

LAGOS—The new Christian terror group in the North, Akhwat Akwop, which was apparently formed to checkmate the activities of the extremist Muslim Boko Haram sect has asked nationals of five Islamic countries suspected to be funding the Boko Haram to leave the country.

The group made its position known in a statement issued, yesterday, and made available to various media houses in Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna.

The group, which sounded a wake-up call on all Christians over the current activities of Boko Haram, said the violence being unleashed on the country was to intimidate President Goodluck Jonathan and other Nigerians to enable the Hausa/Fulani seize power in 2015.

Akhwat Akwop, however, said that political power must return to the old Eastern Region after Jonathan in 2015.

shocked shocked :O
It further stated that it does not recognise any Muslim traditional ruler in any way or form in any part of the North, warning that for peace and harmony in the North in particular and Nigeria in general to be maintained, the Hausa/Fulani who settled in the various minority tribes in the North must stop oppressing their hosts in those areas.

Akhwat Akwop came into security consciousness about two months ago when it dropped leaflets in some parts of the north, including Benue, Taraba, Yobe, Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa, Plateau, Kogi, Nasarawa and Kaduna states, warning that it would do everything possible to liberate northern minorities from the strangle-hold of the Hausa/Fulani who, it stated, had been lording it over them and causing havoc in Nigeria in the name of Islam.

In Kaduna State, large quantities of the leaflets were left at the state chapter of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, Press Centre by unknown persons.

The leaflets, entitled Warning to Boko Haram, claimed that Akhwat Akwop stood for the Christian equivalent of Boko Haram, adding that it would be in the forefront of the struggle for the emancipation of northern minorities, whether Christians or Muslims.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-christian-extremist-group-akhwat-akwop-threatens-retaliation/
Seem this one is more concern about ibo presidency in 2015 than fighting boko haram !
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by islamrules(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2011
@Bluetooth,
Seem this one is more concern about ibo presidency in 2015 than fighting boko haram !

I was about to say that. You bit me to it.

I trust Nigerian Christians or Christians generally, they can never terrorize because of religion.

Ibo/Southeners/Christians can only go violent because of money and politics. Not because of religion.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by playahP(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2011
i see liberia occuring soon in the northern part of Nigeria
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2011
islamrules:

@Bluetooth,

I trust Nigerian Christians or Christians generally, they can never terrorize because of religion.

Ibo/Southeners/Christians can only go violent because of money and politics. Not because of religion.
Thats to tell you MASSOB=akwa akpot
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 29, 2011
islamrules:

@Bluetooth,

Abi o afterall boko haram is not campaign for 2015 on behalf of the north,so I wonder how akot or wetin dey call themselves come dey worry about ibo presidency ?
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Abujabir24: 8:48am On Sep 29, 2011
Who re dis useless Godforsaken group? I believe dy re d new sponsors 4rm c.a.n.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by slap1(m): 8:49am On Sep 29, 2011
The name sounds Ghanaian, and I think they'll do nothing.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Beaf: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2011
zameen:

Thats to tell you MASSOB=akwa akpot

My broda, which one come be "akwa akpot" na? grin
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by hajifaty: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2011
omg. See how these pple are turning nigeria to something else. now everyone has the right to form a terrorist group in nigeria. There are more things that we ordinary nigerians don't know about all these boko haram,akhwat akwop and others. Well, lets them start beating the drums for civil war.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 29, 2011
slap1:

The name sounds Ghanaian, and I think they'll do nothing.
All they can do is to drop leaflets threatening counter-attacks against boko haram and in the end,nothing happens.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by Beaf: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2011
hajifaty:

omg. See how these pple are turning nigeria to something else. now everyone has the right to form a terrorist group in nigeria. There are more things that we ordinary nigerians don't know about all these boko haram,akhwat akwop and others. Well, lets  them start beating the drums for civil war.

Isn't the boko haram saga civil war? Don't be deceived that is exactly what it is, core-North v South, the core-North knows they can't stand the South in full scale war (all Nigeria's money is from the South and war is expensive business) thats why they are operating under the guise of boko haram and bombing women and their kids.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by hakanai(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2011
@beaf
Analysis please shall we run or stay?Abeg more groups to fight for anything.I dey setup one to fight for the fact we no one farm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
The countries listed,i bet even Nigeria will not want to draw there attention o!!!! secondly Saudi and USA are inter twine together and would share issue that bother them.Iran could sponsor more problems than we can imagine.Considering the presence of eg Boko haram. it will not be long before it becomes battle of proxies with both sides east and west sending money to kill us all. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyways una do well Nigerians keep compounding the national issues and celebrating anarchy until it knocks on your own door.The group seems politically driven sha!!!I also know there claim of the middle belt is ridiculous. cause i Know Only the Xtians of the North would support them with the Banner of xtianity they carry. So lets see as it progress.They only call middle belt as usual to gain cheap popularity amongst the minority.I am a minority and i don't see how that so called name that is already bias applies to me. "Akhwat Akwop " what does it mean to all the minorities?strange name with a xtian agenda.So how do we get along.I was hoping they would come up with a name befitting all the Arewa minority interest groups.I can bet you with that name they are mostly in Kaduna south & Plateau.Suspect kaduna south mostly.
Anyway until they hit o!!!! Then we shall see struggle that would come afterwards.GEJ and Beaf over to you load and clear!!!!! wink wink wink wink wink
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by lafuria1(m): 9:23am On Sep 29, 2011
This group or wat eva dia name is shld just shut up. Iran, syria, etc funding bokoharam,? American CIA will love 2 contact dis grp 4 more info. Wetin hap 2 their leaflets. This is a simple case of politicians usein grps 2 acheive dia aim.This group or wat eva dia name is shld just shut up. Iran, syria, etc funding bokoharam,? American CIA will love 2 contact dis grp 4 more info. Wetin hap 2 their leaflets. This is a simple case of politicians usein grps 2 acheive dia aim.
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by nku5: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2011
These akhwat akwop guyus know what they are talking about. Those weapons that were supposedly bound for iran that customs intercepted last year was an eye opener to me if nobody else noticed. Iran and other "shawarma republics" have been sponsoring terrorism in other places for decades why do we think they can't do it here. Its unfortunate that firm action wasn't taken earlier, but now we know , what next?
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by hakanai(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2011
Beaf:

Isn't the boko haram saga civil war? Don't be deceived that is exactly what it is, core-North v South, the core-North knows they can't stand the South in full scale war (all Nigeria's money is from the South and war is expensive business) thats why they are operating under the guise of [b]boko haram and bombing women and their kids.[/b]

Wetin come concern una then, if na there children they bomb!!! I really think your details are misleading sha! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Why ND militants come dey vex?you have the money and all.they bomb there own yet na you dey take panadol? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by udohjaphet: 9:25am On Sep 29, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] is better 2 call de new group akwat akpot dey r still boko haram members y is it @ d time and day dat d leader of boko haram has been arrested so dey r still d 1 only to rebrand d name n hide under n continue 2 bomb d country . Ok wait few day's u'll here new area being bombed
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by talktrue1(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2011
Boko Haram means Western education is a sin
MEND means movement for the emancipation of Niger Delta
WHAT'S THE MEANING or even the pronunciation of Akhwat Akwop
I know the name is not from from Ibo/Chrsitian/South East
somebody please tell me
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by hakanai(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2011
talk true:

Boko Haram means Western education is a sin
MEND means movement for the emancipation of Niger Delta
Akhwat Akwop means ,
somebody please tell me

^^^^^My borther,as a northern minority i don't even understand what it means.Even where they are meant to act for all northern minorities of various dialects,particularly xtians!!!!
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by nku5: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2011
Those who think akhwat akwop group is just preoccupied with dropping leaflets are very poor students of history. This is how islamic fundamentalists like the boko haram collective started. If you know how militant the xtian groups in the north are u would shiver at what ths thing may turn into. Does anybody remember the langtang mafia? Do you know the kind of logistical support these guys can muster. Make we dey pray o
Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by bisiaet: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2011
Who re dis useless Godforsaken group? I believe dy re d new sponsors 4rm c.a.n.

Please say that first to Boko animal ok.

Since Boko animals are to stay as the North wanted it so also MEND, OPC, MASSOB or AKHWAT AKWORP and many more to come has right to stay as well. Since every peace loving Nigeria want peace and condemn the Boko aimals madness and the people in the North embrace them and always pave way for their escape whenever they are been arrested so please let it all be that way, let more group begin to rise up. Pls dont take it personal is just the truth.

When a child say his or her mum will not sleep definately he or she has murder sleep as well.

1 Like

Re: 'Akhwat Akwop' Asks Boko Haram Sponsors to Leave The Country by londoner: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2011
Nigerians! What a peculiar bunch. They can threaten to bomb and actually bomb fellow human beings, yet neither MEND or Boko Haram will touch one hair on the heads of any of the sacred cows of Nigerian politics, even though they have looted and ground Nigeria into the ground.

All these empty threats are a waste of time. How come people like Obasanjo, Babangida and who ever else are not quaking in their boots?

It is ordinary Nigerians and people who are far removed from the obvious blame, that have been suffering and bear the brunt.

Boko Haram/Mend/Akhwat should sit down as they are cowards,

-They can kidnap oil employees (but never oil bosses or company owners).
-They can butcher corps members, (but never the ministers who siphon whole budgets)
-They can put fatwas on a young student, (but those make it their business to keep Nigeria in darkness are unharmed).

Boko Haram and Mend can talk all they like, but they are yet to point their guns away from the innocent and unto the KNOWN culprits. Both groups have been meeting face to face with some of them and not one hair on their heads are out of place after their meeting.

So, who exactly are they bombing and who do they really see as their adversary?

Both these groups are simply cowards.

Both groups are cacking  their pants about genuinely squaring up to the known long standing political vampires of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garbage Truck Crushes LAWMA Official To Death in Lagos State. / List Of Current Nigerian Senators / Okorocha: My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.