Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria (9897 Views)

Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? / Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia / List of ISPs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by nevosys(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2011
Rate The Fastest And Reliable Internet

I think the era of slow internet in Nigeria is fast becoming a thing of the past with most of the GSM and CDMA providers trying to outshine each other by offering affordable and fast, reliable internet access.

Last two weeks, I visited Benue state, I could download upto 750kbps on my GLO WCDMA/HSDPA

But now in the South East, now i have a download speed of upto 2.15Mbps, streaming of video is even clearer than watching DSTV.

Please let us share our experience with other service provider, but for me GLO lead for now,

Find attached picture.

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by tunde300us(m): 1:43am On Sep 30, 2011
So na only 2go u dey cari ur laptop do abi ?
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by ugotuf(m): 11:19am On Sep 30, 2011
MTN is not performing badly in my hood.see the speed i get even with just 1 bar of signal strength.with 4 bars i get up to 5 point something Mbps a times.i use a 7.2 mbps modem though.cheers.

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Pa22(m): 11:40am On Sep 30, 2011
Glo rules 4 now!
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by dagbo: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
for now glo hsi router is the best of all. the speed na die oooo with 3g access
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by ugotuf(m): 4:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
let us see ur evidence
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2011
MTN is the worst i have tried,
Starcomms IZAP is the fastest so far in Benin,
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Mcleo007(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2011
Rating can only go in the way of location considering the fact, most networks aren't evenly balanced and distributed across the nation.

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2011
Hmmmm, is MTN deploying HSPA also? Cos the MTN picture above showed HSPA, which is faster than HSDPA. If so, maybe no need to move to Etisalat then, cos MTN is constant and relaible in PH. It will then come down to who is cheaper and more reliable. Glo in PH is horrible for instance (both in my office and my home at least)
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
ugotuf:

MTN is not performing badly in my hood.see the speed i get even with just 1 bar of signal strength.with 4 bars i get up to 5 point something Mbps a times.i use a 7.2 mbps modem though.cheers.

Ugotuf, where are you located? Most I have experienced with my MTN in ph is 2.1mbps which was afew days ago sef, while watching yahoo movie previews.
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by folarin22(m): 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
It's not a question of the best.

This country is bleeped!

Internet Bundles are much too expensive.

I haven't know anything about unlimited bandwidth though and would be glad to know.

I really don't care the speed, spending 8k every month on MTN is a WASTE!
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by garbigarba: 1:22am On Oct 20, 2011
the best isp is certainly not starcomms izap, d@ tin is a disgrace, during offpeak periods like now the maximum download speed is 9kb/s, you can just imagine our useless it is during peak periods, its virtually unusable, btw i reside in alimosho lg, lagos
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Nymphnode(m): 2:44am On Oct 20, 2011
Are broadbands included? I use accelon and dont have a complain yet, i stream as much as i want and my phone etisalat free mb is faster this few days
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by mrofficial(m): 2:51am On Oct 20, 2011
garbigarba:

the best isp is certainly not starcomms izap, d@ tin is a disgrace, during offpeak periods like now the maximum download speed is 9kb/s, you can just imagine our useless it is during peak periods, its virtually unusable, btw i reside in alimosho lg, lagos

Starcomms is outta the league. They should stop living on past glories.
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by vabrida: 4:10am On Oct 20, 2011
mY gOoD lOw TaRiFf IpNx, grin grin
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by tegasworld: 6:19am On Oct 20, 2011
mtn rulessssssssssssssssss

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by fogman1(m): 6:23am On Oct 20, 2011
Starcomms Izap is a disgrace. Most times it is on X1 instead of the Izap paid for.
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by FEMARY(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2011
Works with all network modems.Wired and wireless.

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by uhuns: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2011
En guys

kindly add your location in details, Eg  edo state, mile 3

info post by many are not informative on this issues as nairalanders are in over 30 states.

example were i work in same town ---no mtn 3g but at my house which is 40min drive or 10km has a blast of 3g by same mtn.

so, less be informative on our post

not just talk talk.

anyone,

how good is glo in ph----r'odara area

1 Like

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by DExplorer1: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2011
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by erayo2GCA(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2011
fados4sure:

MTN is the worst i have tried,
Starcomms IZAP is the fastest so far in Benin,

glo rules in benin, wetin even be Starcomms IZAP sef, dead to core. glo 3g rules
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 20, 2011
Hi pls, I hv an hspda modem and regular sims for most of the networks,pls cn anyone give the the best sim to use with it and the code for the plan?
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by nateevs(m): 9:17am On Oct 20, 2011
Don't confuse yourself dude.

Telecommunication is the transmission of information over significant distances to communicate.
Communication over a distance by cable, telegraph, telephone, or broadcasting.

Even those you are referring to as purely ISPs are technically, Telecommunication Companies. Under what Business Sector do you think they are all classified?

They are all Telecommunication Companies. . . and if they provide internet service, they are all ISPs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, why do many Nigerians like to show the speed at which a file downloads as proof of line speed? Why do I not see people use a medium like speedtest.net?
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by astronp8: 9:28am On Oct 20, 2011
Here is a software that will enable you watch some selected cable TV channels across the globe on your PC. Visit http://pctv247.com to download.

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Demoore(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2011
I think its best if u guys use an independent internet speed anaylst like ww.speedtest.net

Speedtest.net is a free broadband connection analysis website founded by Ookla Net Metrics in 2006

I used it to test my sky broadband in London n this was  the result (result below: upload speed - 0.94Mbs, Download - 10.67Mbs). I think its fairly accurate.

Its better to use an independent network analyst than the company's own.

Enjoy!

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Saddam: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2011
Better mobile broadband reception means faster data speeds.

Mobile Signal Booster, Mobile Broadband Antennas, Amplifiers- Improve Mobile Broadband Signal and Increase Data Transfer Speeds

The our devices improve the  GSM /3G reception of your mobile broadband from MTN, GLO, AITREL, Etisalat etc.

Have you got Signal Problems

Talk to Us

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 20, 2011
the second one happened at midnight, sometime ago

Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2011
Demoore:

I think its best if u guys use an independent internet speed anaylst like ww.speedtest.net

Speedtest.net is a free broadband connection analysis website founded by Ookla Net Metrics in 2006

I used it to test my sky broadband in London n this was  the result (result below: upload speed - 0.94Mbs, Download - 10.67Mbs). I think its fairly accurate.

Its better to use an independent network analyst than the company's own.

Enjoy!

speedtest.net will not give you accurate numbers, it will always be lesser than what is available from your isp.
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by fijiano202(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2011
for now i think ado-ekiti has the fastest internet connection,if you used an unlock glo modem with mtn simcard,the downlink or download is abt 5.4mb,its really fast and download way 2fast
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by fortunereg: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2011
Have guys tried VISAFONE EVDO, Its rocket speed in my area. cool
Re: Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria by gascoign1(m): 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
Depending on the area, no one is a clear winner

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Shut Down A Computer Forever! / Where Can I Download Full Version Of MS Office / 25k(negotiable) Clearance!!! USA USED Toshiba Laptops For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.