Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola (1700 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu,Fashola & Ambode / “We May Bend Our Rules To Clear Amaechi, Fashola, Others If…” — Senate / Remembering Kudirat Abiola, 19 Years After Her Assassination (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by EkoIle1: 3:36am On Sep 30, 2011
Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute to Kudirat Abiola

Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute to Kudirat Abiola

29 Sep 2011

Font Size: a / A
180811Tkudirat-abiola.jpg - 180811Tkudirat-abiola.jpg

The late Kudirat Abiola

Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and other political leaders from the South-west yesterday paid glowing tributes to the late Kudirat Abiola, describing her as one of those who fought for Nigeria’s democracy.

Tinubu said at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos during the launch of a N250 million Endowment Fund for the construction of Kudirat Abiola Women Centre, Abuja, to mark her posthumous 60th birthday, that there was need for Nigerians to put in place a befitting structure in memory of the fallen heroine.

Tinubu, who was represented by the Chairman of The Nation Editorial Board, Mr. Sam Omatseye, said: “A woman like the late Kudirat went out in the face of dictatorship and said no to the tyranny of one man. She was courageous and for people like her we have democracy in the country today and that is why this project ought to be fully supported.”

On his part, Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, also said more women in the country should emulate the heroism exhibited by the late Kudirat and make positive contributions to the nation.

Fashola, who was also represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Mrs. Oluranti Adebule, also said the centre would provide services that would be of great benefit to women in the country and called for people to support the centre.

“As we celebrate her memory today, let us align ourselves to the statement of JFK Kennedy that ‘think not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country’. Kudirat was a rare kind of woman who believed in the rights of man and she will forever be remembered as the mother of the nation.”

Others who extolled the virtues of the late Kudirat included Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun; the wife of Ekiti State Governor, Mrs. Bisi Fayemi; and representative of Ondo State Governor, Eni Akinsola; as well as Hafsat Abiola-Costello, hostess and daughter of the deceased.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tinubu-fashola-others-pay-tribute-to-kudirat-abiola/99513/
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 30, 2011
Beautiful woman, inside and out.

A younger her

Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Relax101(m): 3:42am On Sep 30, 2011
I wan shout before how Tinubu go attend when He dey under house arrest.
He claims to be democratic but I just feel like slapping him to sleep.

Anyways, Kudirat would have lifted and represented the women from the SW well and not cocoons like Iyabo and Patricia.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 30, 2011
^^^ Iyabo was NEVER a representative of the SW. She represented her papa/ PDP. And it ended there.

Dont know who the other female is sha.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Relax101(m): 3:49am On Sep 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ Iyabo was NEVER a representative of the SW. She represented her papa/ PDP. And it ended there.

Dont know who the other female is sha.

Iyabo represented Ogun central senetorial district. not sure.
Patricia Olubunmi etteh of the ettehgate fame, lol. grin grin grin

That Kudirat take style fine small. I used to admire her beauty those days sha.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 30, 2011
^^^ Based on her history, can you honestly say she represented Ogun?
Its like saying OBJ represented the SW during his presidency.

Still dont know who P. Olubunmi is undecided
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Relax101(m): 3:57am On Sep 30, 2011
HAHAAHA see denial. Google will help. I cant go further.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by oKyrian: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
u people should leave us alone with story of late chief ABIOLA'S family. is it now you pple hv decided to show concern to the family. immortalizing her will never help issues at all cus u pple did not care to fish out how a husband and wife jst died within short period of time. they are dead and gone so no need of wasting money on her again.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Okijajuju1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2011
Ofe Mmanu people, How did Kudirat become a freedom fighter?!

She fought for her own selfish reasons which was to get her baby-daddy (Moshood) out of jail and have him become president and she in turn first lady,

She got merked by Sergeant Rogers in a Seal Team IV type operation under the orders of Abacha,

So how did she become a hero?! Next thing now OPC would demand she be put on the 2000 naira bill,
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by EkoIle1: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2011
^^^^^ fortunately for you, you are entitled to your own brand of stupidity and gross ignorance.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by kunlekunle: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
okija juju

what is Ofe Mmanu people
i heard it long time
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Okijajuju1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2011
Eko Ile:

^^^^^ fortunately for you, you are entitled to your own brand of stupidity and gross ignorance.

I know right!!? The truth hurts, but like every other yoruba person, she was just a selfish likkle bit*ch looking out for her own interest. She should have known better than to fu*ck with Abacha and Sgt. Rogers, Too bad she gets merked and her husband is put down in prison!! Stupi.d as.sses

If you wanna know real heroes, call Ken Saro-wiwa, Falana not Kudirat!!
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by T8ksy(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2011
kunlekunle:

okija juju

what is Ofe Mmanu people
i heard it long time

Kunle,

whatever it is, you can be sure it's not a compliment. Ibos have never had anything nice to say about yorubas.

Yet the ingrates are all over yorubaland, making a good living whilst calling their hosts, derogatory names.

Whilst at school in lagos, the common one i heard then was "otu ne gi" (not sure if the spelling is correct) which i found out years later to mean someone's

mother's privates part is smelly!!!
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by niggadee(m): 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
@okija_juju u need a big slap
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by seanet02: 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2011
Ibo bigots are too many here
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by EkoIle1: 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

I know right!!? The truth hurts, but like every other yoruba person, she was just a selfish likkle bit*ch looking out for her own interest. She should have known better than to fu*ck with Abacha and Sgt. Rogers, Too bad she gets merked and her husband is put down in prison!! Stupi.d as.sses

If you wanna know real heroes, call Ken Saro-wiwa, Falana not Kudirat!!

Ignorance and stupidity is yet to be classified as truth. Try again.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Okijajuju1(m): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2011
T8ksy:

Kunle,

whatever it is, you can be sure it's not a compliment. Ibos have never had anything nice to say about yorubas.

Yet the ingrates are all over yorubaland, making a good living whilst calling their hosts, derogatory names.

Whilst at school in lagos, the common one i heard then was "otu ne gi" (not sure if the spelling is correct) which i found out years later to mean someone's

mother's privates part is smelly!!!

Erm!!

Biko dont vex you hear, You sound as if there are no Ofe Mmanu yoruba people in the east, And you are right sir, Ofe mmanu is not a compliment, it means "Oily soup", On the "otu nne ghi" phrase, it means "your mothers privates" and just so you know thats an insult to every and anyone and isnt specifically targeted at yorubas so dont hold it to heart,

niggadee:

@okija_juju u need a big slap

I cant argue with that, even I want to slap me, grin

seanet02:

Ibo bigots are too many here

And you have been blind to the countless ofe mmanu bigots all over Nairaland abi?! Abeg!!!! abeg!!! abeg!! drex go one corner make Nwafor ani igbo see better people.

Eko Ile:

Ignorance and stupidity is yet to be classified as truth. Try again.

Hehehe,

But why are you taking this personally?! O.k! how does a woman, fighting for her incarcerated husband to be freed and made president, stands as her being a hero/freedom fighter?! I really dont get it!!

Forget all I wrote earlier, and just think about it, She was no hero, her motives were selfish to say the least and that does not qualify her to be a freedom fighter,

I didnt see her fighting for the release of Diya and co, nor Obasanjo, A woman fighting for her husband is not a freedom fighter, a martyr nor a hero, Just a black woman fighting for her baby-daddy to be released from jail,

R.I.P Kudirat, nobody deserves to die the way you did,
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by hercules07: 9:32am On Oct 06, 2011
She could have taken Abacha's billions you know, she could have betrayed her husband, she died fighting for what she believed in, that my friend is the definition of a hero. I had wanted to consult your shrine on some urgent businesses, but your swipe at the whole of yorubaland has made me change my mind, I shall forward the lucrative business to someone in Ijebu.
Re: Tinubu, Fashola, Others Pay Tribute To Kudirat Abiola by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37am On Oct 06, 2011
hercules07:

She could have taken Abacha's billions you know, she could have betrayed her husband, she died fighting for what she believed in, that my friend is the definition of a hero. I had wanted to consult your shrine on some urgent businesses, but your swipe at the whole of yorubaland has made me change my mind, I shall forward the lucrative business to someone in Ijebu.

ARGH!! shocked Customer!! NO oo, Biko come, I will give you 50% discount, Infact, pay half price for one, get the second one free, How can you take my business to the Yorubas?! No o!! Dey dont even have license to practice o!! All my charms and medicine come with NIS, NAFDAC, NDLEA, FRSC and all other relevant numbers, permit and approvals, Abeg pick quality over quantity o!!

But on the flipside sha, I do understand your point of view and I respect it, but whatever Abacha could have offered her, she was gonna get double when her husband was released and made president,

I respect Kudirat as a woman who would fight for her husbands right to the end. She was a good wife, But to call her a hero, freedom fighter and even go as far as immortalizing her, that I dont quite agree with,

I still maintain that she stood to gain more from her fight than anyone of us did. If it had been her husbands running mate "KINGIBE" that was locked up, she wouldnt have moved a muscle.

Yorubas and Nigerians at large should respect her fight, but she definitely is not a Nigerian Hero!

I'm sorry bro! Heros are selfless in their pursuit, Gani was a hero

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Arrested By Efcc / Occupy Nigeria Protest : Akure Ondo State Protest (pics And Video) / Where Is Chief Francis Authur Nzeribe(mr FAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.