Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo (7176 Views)

Four Nigerians Win British Parliament Seats / Federal Government Orders Bodies Of Four Nigerians Executed In Indonesia / Buhari Was A Better Leader Than Obasanjo - El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Larufa(m): 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2006
On lighter but serious note list Four Nigerians that u know and believe can lead Nigeria better that OBJ. They need not be in the order of prefrence.

Here are mine:

1. Chief Emeka Anyaoku- Former Sec. Gen of Commonwealth

2. Col. Abubakar Umar - Former soldier but now an Ostrich Farmer

3. Comrade Frank Kokori - Former Sec. Gen NUPENG

4. Comrade Adams Oshimole - President of NLC
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by pintos(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2006
onanugaola:

Four Nigerians that u know and believe can lead Nigeria far far better than OBJ.
They need not be in the order of preference.

Here are mine:

1. Chief Emeka Anyaoku- Former Sec. Gen of Commonwealth

2. Col. Abubakar Umar - Former soldier but now an Ostrich Farmer

3. Comrade Frank Kokori - Former Sec. Gen NUPENG

4. Comrade Adams Oshimole - President of NLC

ADDITION:/OPTIONS:
1. Chief Gani Fawehinmi- Enfant Terrible of the Law, Human Right Activist extraordinaire and Senior Advocate of the Masses/Nigeria

2. General Buba Marwa-    Former Administrator of Lagos/Bornu States and the best of the pack of Administrators of his time.

3.Prof. Wole Soyinka- Our one and only Nobel Laureate  , Crusader of the Oppressed and Cap'n ' B' of 'T'

4.General Buhari    - Former Head of State/2003 Presidential Candidate and War Against Indiscipline [WAI] exponent

5. Dr Alex Ekwueme- Former Vice President of Nigeria and Political Leader of great eminence

6. Senator Udo Udoma-Young, ebullient and Honest politician par excellence

7. Alhaji Umar N'Abba- Young, Irrepressible Speaker[Former] of the House of Representative

8. Ledum Mitee-   Human right Activist /Leader of MOSOP[Ogoni struggle] and The Man who cheated death under Abacha
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Badman888(m): 1:36am On Mar 04, 2006
Thats a tough decesion, u dont know if they are reliable or not.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by mochafella(m): 1:41am On Mar 04, 2006
Badman888:

Thats a tough decesion, u don't know if they are reliable or not.

So OBJ should not go because of that?
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Dauda(m): 3:24am On Mar 04, 2006
1.Professor Agboola Gambari - United Nations

2. Prof Wole Soyinka

3. Gani Fawehinmi

4. Me, Dauda the sexy guy
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Dauda(m): 3:32am On Mar 04, 2006
1. Shina Rambo

2. Monday Osunbor

3. Lawrence Anini

4. Gov Alamasiegha
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by mochafella(m): 3:35am On Mar 04, 2006
Dauda:

1. Shina Rambo

2. Monday Osunbor

3. Lawrence Anini

4. Gov Alamasiegha
Lord have mercy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Dauda(m): 4:05am On Mar 04, 2006
@mochafella

I'm sorry that was really not funny, but then the political class and the so called politicians in Nigeria continue to amaze us with their abhorrent greed and disregard for the rule of law. They kill, maim and and steal from the people they are supposedly leading. They shamelessly flaunt the loot they have stolen from the coffers of government with the extravagant houses and cars that they have. Even some of their kids think they are better than other average Nigerians because they are (un) lucky to have shameless rogues as fathers. It's got to stop. Nigeria deserves better. There are a million and one people, perhaps more, that can steer Nigeria in the right direction. We need an end to this show of shame and bring Nigeria back to her glorious days. OBJ, you need to go. Your time is up. Please, let us all say no to another term for OBJ.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by kasaliyaro(m): 4:49am On Mar 04, 2006
@Dauda,
1. Shina Rambo 2. Monday Osunbor 3. Lawrence Anini, As these ones don die, we fit manage:

1: DSP

2. Tafa Balogun

3. Atiku Abubakar

4. IBB

grin
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Dauda(m): 4:59am On Mar 04, 2006
@ Kasaliyaro

I included Alamasiegha with the group of dead armed robbers for a reason. The reason being that he rightly belongs on top of that list and he should be sentenced to death by public execution. Sgt. Rogers, are you there? Whatever happened to the firing range at Bar beach? Pls note, Gov. Dariye and all other political robbers should meet the same fate. Insha Allah.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Jakumo(m): 7:42am On Mar 04, 2006
Pintos, I'm afraid I'll have to pull you over and issue you with an idiocy citation for suggesting with a straight face that Adolf Buhari, one of Nigeria's more despicable and sadistic dictators of years past, would be a candidate for anything other than merciful euthanasia by a pack of steroid-injected rottweilers.

My nominations for Nigerian president :

1.  Wole Soyinka

2.  Gani Fawehinmi

3.  Retired Col. Umar

4.  Dr. Okeleke Nzeogwu ( US-trained economist and younger brother to late Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu )
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Larufa(m): 9:24am On Mar 04, 2006
@pintos, I said Four (4) Names. U may review ur list.

@Dauda, kasaliyaro and mochafella, please let be serious. I just trying to get people that capable to leading (not ruling) this potentially great country of our. Some of these Any Govt. In Power (AGIP) are saying nobody but OBJ. So let tell them there many people better than the one and only OBJ.
Let be serious.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by shockreaction(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2006
Dude, my name isn't in that list. That's very wrong.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by otokx(m): 11:33am On Mar 04, 2006
people should stop making noise; its not easy to be a leader. Just wait till 2007
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by asanga(m): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2006
My are : 1. Professor Charles Soludo

2. Mallam El -Rufai

3. Nuhu Ribadu

4. Dr (Mrs) Dora Akinyuli

These are the few I see changing this Nation for good.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by mckaycee(m): 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2006
I will like to include Dr. Mrs. Dora Akunyili
And from your list Emeka Anyaoku.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by asanga(m): 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2006
Sincerely speaking mckaycee these personalities that I have mentioned can turn things around enough of the IBB`s and co.Emeka Anyaoku is also good

Thanks.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Seun(m): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2006
I don't know if they are better than OBJ, but I choose:
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iyeala.
- Governor Mu'azu of Bauchi State.
- Donald Duke of Cross-river State.
- Aliko Dangote! (he doesn't need to steal any money)

(no to Soludo, no to NAFDAC lady, no to Ribadu)
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by asanga(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2006
@ Seun take it easy na wah for you why so blunt on my nominees, after all they all fall to the same category with your nominees.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by akara(m): 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2006
On a more serious note, are these really all that WE have to offer? I could not think of anyone that would make a good leader, and just not a popular name. Somwe of these people have not been tested at all. Hate to say it but 'yawa dey'.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by LoverBwoy(m): 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2006
Looking at the list, u can come to a conclusion that we are in deep shizzle!! apart from the jovial posts, the rest are not really politicians, a prof don't really make a good president!
u need experience and general acceptance esp in nigeria context
all i can say is no wonder obj wants to go again , nobody is trustworthy enough, the cbn governor,the finance minister,the nafdac woman, and the new generation of poeple are good BUT i think in their own field of work a good engineer doesnt make a good doctor, they went to school for a reason and have enough experience in their field only, i don't think a newbie will make it in nigerian politics,

Hmmm what about that ogun state governor, i read he is doin good in his state (obj's hometown)

Ps: in nigeria people always justify things, " marwa STOLE alot of money BUT he still did this n that, thats how decayed people's mindset are in nigeria sometimes, we gradually tolerate things that aint right!!! kmt!!!
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by IBBFan(m): 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2006
@beans ball (akara)

i feel u
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by yeepa(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2006
@ seun

If your reason for choosing Alh Aliko Dangote is that he doesn't need to steal any more money, I think Harry Akande might be a better option because Alh Dangote is IBB's boy.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by IBBFan(m): 12:11am On Mar 05, 2006
somebody slap me! but where do we fix Chief Deinde Fernandez?
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Seun(m): 12:22am On Mar 05, 2006
yeepa: please tell us about Chief Harry Akande.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by cabali(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2006
obj is not so good but he has improved a lot! there is a slight change in administration!

I support him for 3rd term cos all these guys y'all are naming will still come in and do wreckage, Gani isnt a leader, he is a fighter! wole soyinka isnt a leader, he is a beter orator

and not saying obj is a leader but he is here and has put some stuff in motion, let him go ahead and complete it!

At least the naira has stabilized for over a month and early this year it appreciated so let the devil we know stick around
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by ahmedluv: 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2006
mine are
gen. mohammadu buhari
col. umar d.giwa
ibb
ozur kalu
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Larufa(m): 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2006
@cabali, please don't bring the issue of OBJ 3rd term. We trying to move forward, don't try and hold us down. No matter the number of good things he has done, he has to go come 2007.  Govt. is a continous process, there is always an unfinished job to be done somewhere and somehow -- that is why we have handover note. He can not solve all our problem. We have since his best, let other come with fresh ideal, nobody has the monopoly of knowledge.
Bill Clinton improved America economy so well that some American would have voted him in for the 3rd term but  America Constitution is supreme.

Obj must go and go shall he, Amen.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Oracle(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2006
Speaking of Obasanjo's third term i don't really think he's gonna make it
i mean he feels he's the only one meant for that seat
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by cabali(m): 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2006
@onanuga, if u can give me ONE person that can and u are sure WILL perform better than obj, and give me the reason for his selection plus his antecedents, then we will consider!

The issue is not him leaving, when he leaves, who comes? huh? who do u think can make it?

The guy will stay, i dont like him o, i criticise him a lot but better him than a brand new dupe in an angel's clothing
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by Seun(m): 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2006
Please note that there's a separate thread for discussion of the third term issue.
Re: Four Nigerians That Can Lead Nigeria Better Than Obasanjo by miky(m): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2006
please remove marwa from that list some of yall dont know what u talking about. marwa already confessed to have embessled 15m dollars under abacha reign. taught he was cool but we dont need such.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. / Sadiku Bus-stop, "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge Shut Down / "PDP Is Losing Members" - Bamanga Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.