Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? (1549 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts African Ambassadors In His Palace - Photos / Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / 10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? by maclatunji: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2011
As I type this an engagement ceremony is going on in the neighbourhood and these ladies are doing their thing. I can hear their voices, they sound bossy, obtrusive and noisy. Moreover, they usually make unreasonable demands of the groom, his family as well as that of the bride during the ceremony all in a bid to fleece them of money. They do not mind embarrassing you in public only to have their way.

Your thoughts please?
Re: Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? by bolorunfem(f): 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
Ah-aaaaaah bros! They are not sooo baddddd!!! To me they add color and lot of fun to traditional wedding ceremonies. If you don't want all those effizies that I (and some peeps like me) consider interesting, you or your spouse to be can tell them beforehand to cut of the razmatazz and make the program snappy. But ME I LIKE THEM ALAGA IDUROS AND ALAGA IJOKOS o.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? by maclatunji: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2011
bolorunfem:

Ah-aaaaaah bros! They are not sooo baddddd!!! To me they add color and lot of fun to traditional wedding ceremonies. If you don't want all those effizies that I (and some peeps like me) consider interesting, you or your spouse to be can tell them beforehand to cut of the razmatazz and make the program snappy. But ME I LIKE THEM ALAGA IDUROS AND ALAGA IJOKOS o.

I suspect that they do not obey instructions especially when they know that high calibre people are around and try to make as much money for themselves as possible and start inconveniencing the couple in the process.
Re: Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? by afrobaby(f): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2011
Normally, they are suppose to add flavor to wedding engagement but I must really confess that there are times when they make one sick, they emphasis on unnecessary things and behave just like beggars, for instance, I was really pissed off by them on a friend's wedding day when they spent close to 20 minutes just singing some unnessary songs all in the name of showing some talents they do not have, and also, the idea of them collecting money for every goddamn thing, money for letter, money for knocking, like they don't know weddding is expensive and the families would have spent so much.
Did I mention to say they don't take to correction, yes, they don't, u tell them this is what they should do, they will tell you that is npt the way we will do it, and yet u paid them for the service o
Re: Am I The Only One Who Dislikes Alaga Iduros (Yoruba Traditional Wedding Hosts)? by lepasharon(f): 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2011
cool

(1) (Reply)

Nje O Ti Wo Pata Olokun Ati Sokoto Sofe Ri? / Why Britain Must Pay Reparation And Return Great Benin Artifacts / Why Don't The Ibos Have Renowned Kings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.