Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead (1075 Views)

Religious debate between a Christian and Muslim Cleric / Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by ponana(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2011
Popular Islamic Cleric Imam Anwar Awlaki was killed today by the US. This is a great loss to the Muslim community because we are really short on scholars that are fluent in english and knows how to pass the message across.
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by deols(f): 4:52am On Oct 01, 2011
May Allah forgive him his sins. Am hearing this name for the first time. Can u tell us more about him and why he was killed?
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by ponana(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2011
The circumstances surrounding his death is something i cannot ascertain as being true or false. The only thing i can advise is that you listen to his lectures and Insha Allah, you would know what we as muslims have lost.
Source : http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/lectures/anwar-al-awlaki
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2011
thank Gods, the criminal is dead. smiley
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by LagosShia: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by passionate88: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2011
if he is a popular islamic cleric nd his death is causing anger in d muslim world, I now know what islam is all about, VIOLENCE, PISS BE UNTO HIM.
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by deols(f): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2011
which Muslim world are u talking about. did u not read where lagoshia confirmed him as a terrorist. Can u always read nd comprehend before posting??
only d poster called him a cleric here. . no one else did
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by ponana(m): 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2011
I wish i could actually explain properly for everybody to understand what this guy stands for in islam but only a few would understand. If you are a muslim or if you are willing to really know about who Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki forget about every other thing you have heard for a second because even his facebook page was just recently created by God knows who and it contains all sorts of Jargons. What i would advise his that you download some of his lectures and listen to them putting your other assumptions aside and i bet you would agree we have lost a scholar.

http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/lectures/anwar-al-awlaki
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by LagosShia: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
ponana:

I wish i could actually explain properly for everybody to understand what this guy stands for in islam but only a few would understand. If you are a muslim or if you are willing to really know about who Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki forget about every other thing you have heard for a second because even his facebook page was just recently created by God knows who and it contains all sorts of Jargons. What i would advise his that you download some of his lectures and listen to them putting your other assumptions aside and i bet  you would agree we have lost a scholar.

please brother do not be deceived by his many lectures and how "beautiful" they may sound.afterall there is nothing he would say or explain that we have not read in the Holy Quran or others have not explained.i gave you 15 youtube links of muslim lecturers who are spread all over europe and america and other parts of the world doing da'wah in English language beautifully.besides,who better than the late Sheikh Ahmad Deedat (may Allah have mercy on him) propagated Islam and gave christian missionaries the biggest punch? you just need to check on youtube for his debates and lectures.

as for this Awlaki he is no "imam".i do not want to be rude.but if you think he is an "imam" then he  is your own imam and you can only speak for yourself.

this same Awlaki is the one who was said to be the mastermind in yemen of the christmas day bomber which landed Umar Abdul Muttalab (a Nigerian) in custody.the young man will never again recover from the mess that Awlaki the brainwasher has rendered him-that is if he is even pitied by the americans and he is not handed the death sentence.

anyone who feels oppressed should fight in his country and against his oppressors.if you are palestinian,fight in palestine and against the zionists.if you're syrian or lebanese,do likewise.both hamas and hezbollah who are legitimate resistance movements against israeli occupation fight within their countries (palestine and lebanon respectively) and against their oppressors.they do not go around the world killing every non-muslim because they are disbelievers as if islam ordered for that.you do not kill innocent non-muslims because some non-muslims somewhere else are oppressing muslims.what al qaeda and the likes of Awlaki have done is to sabotage the image of muslims and their legitimate causes in palestine and elsewhere in the middle east and the world over.their approach has helped the zionists to fool the world that each and every muslim group fighting or carrying arms is terrorist.infact thanks to al qaeda the word "terrorist" is another name for a muslim to many non-muslims who are ignorant around the world.

i really do not know your aim of advertising Awlaki and showing sympathy for him.may be you have a salafist aka wahhabi affinity.and those people unfortunately are not doing any good to islam from giving muslims a bad name to causing sectarian bloodshed among muslims of different schools of thought as it happened in iraq between shia and sunni under salafist/wahhabi manipulation and american intelligence and pleasure.
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by passionate88: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2011
He derives inspirations from the Qur'an, He preaches death upon the infidels and he was being sheltered by a muslim nation, what else do u want to tell me?.
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by LagosShia: 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2011
passionate88:

He derives inspirations from the Qur'an, He preaches death upon the infidels and he was being sheltered by a muslim nation, what else do u want to tell me?.

if you could not find sense in the long post i made then keep quiet.also get your facts straight because he was not "sheltered" by any muslim nation.he was in hiding in his native Yemen where his parents originated.he himself was born in the USA.
Re: Anwar Awlaki,popular Muslim Cleric, Is Dead by deols(f): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2011
ponana:

I wish i could actually explain properly for everybody to understand what this guy stands for in islam but only a few would understand. If you are a muslim or if you are willing to really know about who Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki forget about every other thing you have heard for a second because even his facebook page was just recently created by God knows who and it contains all sorts of Jargons. What i would advise his that you download some of his lectures and listen to them putting your other assumptions aside and i bet  you would agree we have lost a scholar.

donno why u want us to know more than we do about this man. I am against all forms of terrorism. But, if at all what is said about him concerning that is false, the man is dead. We can leave him to be judged by Allah. There's no point bringing sentiments up over ds.

(1) (Reply)

What Jesus Said About Muhammad / Quran Therapy To Cure Diseases For Android / Photo: Western Hypocrisy On #hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.