Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,955 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" (4587 Views)

Utiware Domain And Website Suspended - What Are My Options / Yahoo Apologises For Server Malfunctions / The Need For Server-side Includes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by yawatide(f): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by mashnino(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2011
due to overloading,
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2011
Time for Someone to move to a dedicated server, i've nver used a dedicated server or VPs whats it like?
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by mashnino(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2011
pc guru:

Time for Someone to move to a dedicated server, i've nver used a dedicated server or VPs whats it like?

me too. someone can own a filesharing website with a vps
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
I wanna get one because i wanna experiment with Node.js
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by elderly: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2011
they might have signed up for some basic/standard hosting and have exceeded their bandwidth/ traffic for the month shocked shocked

They need upgrade
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2011
my question in the first place its a news website didnt they think visitors will increase esp in a nation where bad news is frequent. Webmasters sha
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by DualCore1: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2011
They can get a dedicated server and virtualise it into VPSes to share the load. A VPS and a dedi server both give you root access to the server. You can have many VPSes on one dedicated server, you can have many VPSes on one VPS, you can't have dedicated servers on a VPS. There are a couple of virtualisation technologies, I only have full working knowledge of one - OpenVZ for linux and that shoud be suitable for you PC Guru. If you want a windows VPS you need a XEN or KVM VPS, I dunno how those work but u need to mount an ISO image to install your win OS.
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by DualCore1: 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2011
I am thinking about events just before the suspension. Where they informed and given tehnical advise to upgrade? If they were, did they ignore the warnings?
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2011
thank bro,cuz wanna learn incase i get a time where i'll be operating on a VPS/Dedicated server.
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by abhosts(m): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2011
How ironic; the site is hosted with a hosting provider that promises "Unlimited" Everything.
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2011
It may as well be a publicity stunt,
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by DualCore1: 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2011
^ I am still at a loss as to your analogy. Kindly explain.
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by engrj(m): 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2011
Freeeeky Fracksss
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by adino(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2011
@ Fury
It may as well be a publicity stunt

You never can say, it may be a well orchestrated and successfully executed publicity stunt. I use style agree with fury.
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by dhtml1(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2011
The whole buziness looks suspicious to me, and it may as well be a publicity stunt also.
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by ify4king(m): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2011
The website is working na!
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by heynew: 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2011
is loading perfectly well now, well done for the stunt
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by guru01(m): 12:44am On Oct 02, 2011
@OP what is your business if Their bandwidth has expired.
Please ooooo
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by tEsLim(m): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2011
YOu have to buy more bandwidth , thats not unlimited
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by Fayimora(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2011
Why exactly is a site like that using "shared hosting"?. Dunno but i think its SAD! lol
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by yawatide(f): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
guru01:
call me a sucker for news but, that site is one of the 10 sites I visit daily for Nigerian news. It is thus annoying when such a site is down for preventable reasons. That's all.

Also, based on experience, there are many people on here who are directly or indirectly involved with various peoples who did various websites. By exposing them on this (popular) forum, sometimes the "powers that be" act fast (is this what happened here?) to avoid further embarrassment thereby ensuring a 100% user satisfaction with their sites.

did I answer your question? smiley
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by utimatedes(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2011
I think the problem is from the website.
I have VPS account and also root access and am planning to move to dedicated.

The reason why I said the problem is from the site is that, if you look the site and analyse the site, you see that the has few traffics which can not consume the at east 1GB of bandwidth if the site is using the starter plan looking at the hosting company plans.

Assuming the owner of the site is using wordpress, joomla or other open source CMS to manage the site, plugins or extension that are not properly coded would be working in vain thereby adding unnecessary load to the server.

Sometime the PHP code and loop that are not close properly would be looping continuously in vain adding server load to the server.

When its comes to server load, it has nothing to do with bandwidth. Sometime you can used only 1% of your bandwidth and your site which is not properly coded or plugins will be causing load when only only one person visit or robot crawling your site.

It happened to my VPS when some incompatible plugins where adding server load to my vps and it was always going down when few people visits until I disable them.

Assuming you are using VPS or Dedicated, you can see which plugin is adding the load and disable it.

Go back to your site check some features that are causing the problem
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by mrperfect(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2011
Is unlikely to be Bandwidth as one indicated above there are many things that can cause server overload such as multiple Cronjob runing at the same time etc
Re: Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" by yawatide(f): 10:47am On Oct 03, 2011
As at the time of this post, the site is down again shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria / Must I Pay 350k For A .com.ng Domain / Joomla,drupal Or Wordpress Which Do I Use!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.