Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) (10051 Views)

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / Your Definition Of A Wife Material / What's Your Definition Of A Good Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by freecocoa(f): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2011
I have noticed that some people go ahead to say they are SINGLE, not minding the fact that they are sleeping with someone,some even say that going out with someone without engagement still makes you single.
I used to think that a SINGLE person is one who has no form of intimacy with the opposite sex be it flings,friends with benefits etc,but I guess I was wrong,so let's know your definition of a SINGLE person.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Dabss(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2011
Lol,
Eg with my neighour. she has a bf bt i have s€x wif her when ever i like.
Will i tell people i am in a relationship?
No babe!¡
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by iice(f): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
Single legally means not married.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
^^^O ti tan!. . .
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by JUO(m): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2011
No babe!¡
GOD HAVE MERCY, REMEMBER U WILL HAVE CHILDREN
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by eghost247(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
who cares
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Abayomin70(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Lol,
No babe!¡
guy are a BADT boy change ur ways ooo
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by neduzi: 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
iice:

Single legally means not married.
                                 There is absolutely no better explanation. Iice just nailed it. Once i ain't married every other thing i do makes me single. So that means i can be dating, yes cos i ain't searchin but legally i'm single. If u don't accept y don't we fill in in forms that we r dating or engaged. The onset of social media helped in creating more zones between the single and married. We then have SINGLE NOT SEARCHING, SINGLE & SEARCHING, IN A RELATIONSHIP BUT LOOKING, ENGAGED, COMPLICATED, DATING etc etc. It really now boils down on what one actually wants to choose or believe depending on the aspect the question of status is asked.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by highland(m): 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2011
alone.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by MrCork17: 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2011
*****No puunnnny! angry ****
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by ritux: 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
neduzi:

There is absolutely no better explanation. Iice just nailed it. Once i ain't married every other thing i do makes me single. So that means i can be dating, yes cos i ain't searchin but legally i'm single. If u don't accept y don't we fill in in forms that we r dating or engaged. The onset of social media helped in creating more zones between the single and married. We then have SINGLE NOT SEARCHING, SINGLE & SEARCHING, IN A RELATIONSHIP BUT LOOKING, ENGAGED, COMPLICATED, DATING etc etc. It really now boils down on what one actually wants to choose or believe depending on the aspect the question of status is asked.
please note that in most forms it is written as marital status: it is either married or single. in that case, if you are engaged to someone, you are still single
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Dabss(m): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Lol,
No babe!¡
JUO:

GOD HAVE MERCY, REMEMBER U WILL HAVE CHILDREN
Abayomin70:

guy are a BADT boy change your ways ooo
i said for example.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by nnwniger: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
I have a se x partner or girl friend and that's just what it is, it doesn't mean you qualify for marriage. She gets it when she wants and I get it when I want. Even with that, I still consider myself as single, I hope she does too
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by engrj(m): 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2011
Am single i nor migle dats y am single
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Orikinla(m): 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
You are either single or married.

You can be single and in relationship.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2011
^^^ IF you are single and in a relationship, you are still SINGLE!
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Sike(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2011
sexkillz:

^^^ IF you are single and in a relationship, you are still SINGLE!
Strange but True!
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2011
Not legally married.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
nnw niger:

I have a se x partner or girl friend and that's just what it is, it doesn't mean you qualify for marriage. She gets it when she wants and I get it when I want. Even with that, I still consider myself as single, I hope she does too
Good talk!
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
Anytime im broke, then im single.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Walala(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
Whenever I meet a pretty young young woman then I am single regardless because I just have to tap that.  They don't call me "Animashaun" for nothing  grin grin grin grin.  I have to let most women enjoy some of the blessing that God gave me down there. 

Guys, if you want to speak the truth about how you feel about women without no politically correct nonsense, go to the blog http://nigerianamericanboy..com/ to chat.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by seedord247(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
Means coming down here to Nairaland romance section to look for wife material
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by lifestyle1(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
unmarried  lipsrsealed
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2011
Single doesn't mean alone,
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Andrew3(m): 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2011
some people cannot get married because they are not single grin grin
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by mznectar(f): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2011
SINGLE, its means not married but hooked up yet hang around as u want be free to do anything you want.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by ektbear: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
I don't know why I find this thread so funny grin
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by EKPOI(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
unmarried,
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by kellzy(m): 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2011
em, single stage means u dont have anybody in ur life
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Otunbakay(m): 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2011
To be in a state of 'SINGLESM' is when u do not 've a legally registered better halve to share ur pains and joy with.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2011
@OP. What you've got to realise is that, there are four major types of spoken/written english viz, British, American, Australian and Nigerian English. Borrowing from the other 3, the Oxford English Dictionary defines single as "not involved in an established romantic or sexual relationship". But we nigerians like twisting things to suit our twisted ways so we now have in Naija english, Single but searching, engaged but single etc. Someone even said here that single can be anything thing as long as u are not married to the person. Makes me wonder what you'll call live-in lovers?
Re: What's Your Definition Of Being Single?( A Single Person) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
when you don't have a girlfriend. tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Myra Hills,the Woman With The Largest Fake Boobs / Is This Tboss Twerking In The Club??? Big Brother Shocked!!! / Church Girls Are The Most Dangerous Girls To Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.